Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Just look at this and tell me it's not the pinnacle of standing medium punch technology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish that that horror vs fighting game The Chainsaw Incident had been made. It looked dumb and I heard the devs weren't actually familiar with fighting game stuff and then the whole thing just disappeared but it had a lot of really dumb grimdark edgy bullshit and everyone had a chainsaw because reasons.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
gently caress me, I think I've got the Corona. I woke up this morning and I could barely taste or smell anything. Guess it's off to the testing with me tomorrow.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Cardiovorax posted:

gently caress me, I think I've got the Corona. I woke up this morning and I could barely taste or smell anything. Guess it's off to the testing with me tomorrow.

Good luck!

Unrelated, how is FFX a trilogy? I hardly think that roguelike mini game counts.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

been playing Cyber-Shadow after reading Real hurthling!s posts

It's fun but I gotta say I'm not a fan of them introducing a parry mechanic so late(?) in the game

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Cardiovorax posted:

:(

A couple weeks ago I hyperventilated for the first time and my tongue and mouth went all numb. I didn't know that was normal and started freaking out. Hopefully there's a non-Rona explanation for you

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

been playing Cyber-Shadow after reading Real hurthling!s posts

It's fun but I gotta say I'm not a fan of them introducing a parry mechanic so late(?) in the game

I've got to look up the right pattern to get past the trash cube towers because I'm not getting past it by my own power

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Walla posted:

Good luck!
Thanks! I feel pretty much fine so far otherwise, so maybe I got lucky and only have one of those really light cases.

Walla posted:

Unrelated, how is FFX a trilogy? I hardly think that roguelike mini game counts.
Maybe if you count the HD remaster? Aside from that I'm not sure where that's coming from, either.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

FFX-3 is a book where Tidus goes to kick a random blitzball he found except it's actually a bomb and it blows up and he dies again

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yeah, I was referring to FFX-3 in jest.

Also, found a vid that shows the full roster of the Chainsaw Incident game, highly recommend this if you wanna see dumb designs

https://pressakey.com/videodetail,15302,2451,The-Chainsaw-Incident-All-Characters-Gameplay-Trailer,.html

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cardiovorax posted:

Thanks! I feel pretty much fine so far otherwise, so maybe I got lucky and only have one of those really light cases.

Maybe if you count the HD remaster? Aside from that I'm not sure where that's coming from, either.

Keep us updated so we know you're ok, sorry if you have it and end up going through all of the bs associated with it

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Keep us updated so we know you're ok, sorry if you have it and end up going through all of the bs associated with it
I'll make sure to do that. Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone. :)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Walla posted:

Good luck!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I had never heard of this before, looking it up and it looks like its a book that came out in 2014.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The real ffx trilogy is X, X-2, and VII

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beat cyber shadow. Was good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

557 deaths lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I had never heard of this before, looking it up and it looks like its a book that came out in 2014.
it's also a prequel to the audio drama that's on the hd remaster. the ffx quadrilogy

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

FirstAidKite posted:

The real ffx trilogy is X, X-2, and VII

No it's

FFX
FFX-2
FFX-III

That's right, 13 is a sequel to X-2. Think about it man. Think about it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Tactics A and A2 start in the world created by Lightning at the end of XIII-3 making it the 13 Pentalogy.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Saint Freak posted:

Tactics A and A2 start in the world created by Lightning at the end of XIII-3 making it the 13 Pentalogy.

I love that I can't tell if this is a joke

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Wait, FF12 takes place in that world too

FF13 Septology

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Final Fantasy 12, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Vagrant Story I know all take place in the same world.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

Andromeda wasn't a direct sequel and by the look of things appears to be getting Poochied anyway.

Andromeda is perfectly capable of Poochie-ing itself without any help thank you very much

https://i.imgur.com/F6IXfyF.mp4

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, the Ivalice setting. It's more of Tactics Advance thing, but FF12 also uses it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Ivalice timeline is a fun one, it goes:

FF12 -> most of FFTA2 -> FFT -> Vagrant Story (depending on Matsuno's current mood, sometimes he says it's in Ivalice and sometimes he says it isn't) -> FFTA (modern town gets taken over by storybook version of old Ivalice) -> beginning and end of FFTA2 (kid from modern town time travels back to FF12-era Ivalice)

Alternatively, the modern-day parts of FFTA and FFTA2 do not take place in a modern Ivalice world, in which case FFTA2 isn't time travel and is instead traveling to an alternate dimension. (FFTA is still "storybook world takes over real town" though.)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The Tommy Westphall Universe chart except it's just Lightning at the center.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Isn't Crystal Chronicles in Ivalice as well?

Also, I could totally see FFX being the post-post civilization of VI.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Good luck Cardiovorax!

discuss. I think I am D2f

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

time to post more pictures of my cat my video game plushie collection! wow!

i'm the blue gexx in the background with a cigarette

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse, or whatever the trilogy was where you could play co-op with a friend and one of the games had playable Mickey and Donald but Donald kept getting lovely knockoff versions of Mickey's special outfits

This game is so hard, even as adult I haven't beaten it, least not without save states. Really cool sound effects and some cool level designs. Loved climbing up sappy trees having to change into like a worm or something weird. Didn't know there were sequels. Speaking of multiplayer ancient games, I vaguely remember some old emulators having network options. Is there any emulator advanced enough to have any kind of lobby system, see what old snes games ppl are playing and jump into it or do you gotta coordinate all that byu hand?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Walla posted:

Isn't Crystal Chronicles in Ivalice as well?

Also, I could totally see FFX being the post-post civilization of VI.

There are some superficial connections for FFX's Spira being a distant predecessor of Final Fantasy VII, but I don't think this was ever seriously followed up on.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I think there's a sort of in-jokey reference to it that hinted connection FF7R, if I remember correctly, but nothing that points to the connection actually being a serious one.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Is gil like the dollar where they call it that in Canada and Australia but everyone knows it's not the real dollar

Which one has the real gil and which ones are like (name of place) gil

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

if y'all don't wanna follow the mass effect vanguard rule of abc (always be charging) in glorious 4k i don't know what's wrong with you. biotic pinball 4 lyfe

andromeda was not a good game but the mp was very good, few things more satisfying than hitting an enemy behind an obstacle with a curved warp, jumping up into a hover and charging for a biotic combo.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Andromeda broke the Vanguard Combo, making it a bullshit game for idiots

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

RBA Starblade posted:

Yes it is a part of Mass Effect series

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

what. what the hell did they do to my baby

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ciaphas posted:

what. what the hell did they do to my baby

Vanguards cannot self-combo in Andromeda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

bioware...............