Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Captain Cappy posted:

I hope they never find the One Piece.

The One Piece were the friends we made along the way. Along with a giant trove of cursed booty.

Edit: What a lovely snipe. Have an oldie but goodie AMV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKWJRZr3a4c

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Feb 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/hyxpk/status/1356995877596925953?s=20

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Endorph posted:

the main issue with post timeskip is reading it weekly. whole cake island and dressrosa are a lot more tolerable whne you can get through it in a couple of weeks even reading relatively slowly, rather than it being a years long endeavor.

Pretty much this. The series, like many I assume, is best experienced with it constantly flowing.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

The One Piece were the friends nakama we made along the way.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Turns out there is LORE to these silly drawings

https://twitter.com/NJGeorge2/status/1356999813938769928?s=20

https://twitter.com/NJGeorge2/status/1356996533154160640?s=20

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Plutonis posted:

I'm going to kill you with my Haki-infused sword
I'm going to ignore your tantrum and cut you down with bad pacing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3n00RSG32o

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 3, 2021

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
That's why you read the manga you NOOB. Only check out the anime for specific scenes and cross your fingers they didn't ruin it with terrible pacing.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Just finished Mujirushi by Urasawa.

Hahahaha, really wasn't expecting the story to be Mr Osomatsu fanfiction

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Julias posted:

That's why you read the manga you NOOB. Only check out the anime for specific scenes and cross your fingers they didn't ruin it with terrible pacing.
Preach to the choir. I watched every single episode made up to 2012 before going "why am I still watching this?"

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Grouchio posted:

I'm going to ignore your tantrum and cut you down with bad pacing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3n00RSG32o

Isn't there some type of group that is editing all of the One Piece episodes so they don't have ultra-slow pacing?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

Isn't there some type of group that is editing all of the One Piece episodes so they don't have ultra-slow pacing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy38zns_6BE

yea

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Holy poo poo.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
A Dragon Ball Z Kai version would go a long way towards making me try One Piece.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it's called one pace, op

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

lol marineford goes from 32 eps to 17. epic

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/arktoons/status/1356776302661881857

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

drat those own

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Was there ever any context to when Hideaki Anno told the "In this Corener of the World" director that he wanted to strangle the female protagonist? Because loving yikes

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-12-09/evangelion-anno-criticizes-in-this-corner-of-the-world-heroine/.109703

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think the context is that he's expressing his dislike of a fictional character

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
personally i thouhgt tomino saying your name was very characteristic of shinkai being a young director because there was no loving in it were much more powerful words

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I think the context is that he's expressing his dislike of a fictional character

i still think it's a bit hosed that he said that right to the director's face.

like i wouldn't tell anno that i would kill nadia in front of him, even though i despise the character

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Irony Be My Shield posted:

i feel like it's a little hosed up to express it like that

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

then again shinji choking asuka i guess

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
we may never know why the end of evangelion director would want to strangle a woman. if only there were some way to see his psyche unraveled before us

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

beat you bitch

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Willo567 posted:

i still think it's a bit hosed that he said that right to the director's face.

like i wouldn't tell anno that i would kill nadia in front of him, even though i despise the character
Given that the director's response was laughing I doubt the tone of the comment was serious. I don't think it really makes sense to judge word choice in another language with different idioms either

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the article's from like 2016 anyway there's no point in caring about it five years later when nobody involved really seemed to care

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i can confirm that one pace owns bones. i got attached to the voice actors so i refuse to read the manga, instead i wait until one pace finishes an arc, and then watch that instead at a couple eps an evening

i wanna say it's quite enjoyable, but also whole cake island ended like 2 years ago and wano kuni's end is somehow still nowhere in sight? :laugh:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

personally i thouhgt tomino saying your name was very characteristic of shinkai being a young director because there was no loving in it were much more powerful words
unfortunately tomino had a much more hosed up quote where he said he hated gundam 00 because a battleship captain would never have huge tits

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The Colonel posted:

wouldbnt young directors have a more vigorous libido

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Endorph posted:

unfortunately tomino had a much more hosed up quote where he said he hated gundam 00 because a battleship captain would never have huge tits

lets loving kill him

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Endorph posted:

That seems like a fairly hot take from the man who wrote 0079, a series where an iirc fifteen year old is conscripted to fight bipedal death machines just cause he’s not irredeemably awful at it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

That seems like a fairly hot take from the man who wrote 0079, a series where an iirc fifteen year old is conscripted to fight bipedal death machines just cause he’s not irredeemably awful at it.

Look buddy, any port in a storm.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

there is one key difference between amuro and sumeragi that might affect how a 79 year old man perceives their capabilities

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

yeah amuros tits are way smaller and he's only a pilot

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

I'm always disappointed that no Zelda game since (though I haven't played BotW) has given Link anywhere near as much sassiness and character as WW Link.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

a 0079 year old man

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Endorph posted:

i thought this was about seed?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
we're past the point where battleship captains have huge tits. Now it's all about battleships that have huge tits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

what about huge shoulder pylons