Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

The cameo is obviously going to be an computer generated Stan Lee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
:sweatdrop: I hope this doesn't blow everyone's expectations out of proportion...I mean, more than they already are, anyway. It's probably "just" gonna be Strange, or Quicksilver.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

It will be me, a rhino

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

:sweatdrop: I hope this doesn't blow everyone's expectations out of proportion...I mean, more than they already are, anyway. It's probably "just" gonna be Strange, or Quicksilver.

I don't think so. Bettany has hinted that he gets to do a scene with someone he always wanted to work with, and that's probably who Olsen is referring to.

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

Mickey Mouse himself.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't think so. Bettany has hinted that he gets to do a scene with someone he always wanted to work with, and that's probably who Olsen is referring to.
Maybe he's talking about Cumberbatch, or maybe it's a different person from the cameo Olsen's talking about. Or anything really!

Just saying, proobably manage those expectations.

(or don't! I mean, I hella wanna see Magneto too :ohdear:)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
It’s Chris Evans as The Human Torch.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
It's Robert Pattinson as Batman.

Yeah, joking, but Pattinson has actually been in two movies with MCU Spider-Man, Tom Holland so... you never know.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Feb 3, 2021

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
It's Dolph Lundgren.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Gonz posted:

It’s Chris Evans as The Human Torch.

Chris Evans as both the Human Torch and Captain America.

The Captain Torch.
The Human America.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
featuring Jared Leto as Morbius, The Living Vampire

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

howard the duck

as

tony stark as iron man

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Iron Duck, surely?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
George Clooney, the person, but played by Anson Mount for budgetary reasons.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

pik_d posted:

George Clooney, the person, but played by Anson Mount for budgetary reasons.

Georgiogar Cloonagon

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Someone who, in universe, is an expert on the quantum realm and all of the intricacies of it, leading into a series of films that are likely to hinge on it, and an actor of great standing who Brittany would want to work with?

Pfeiffer or Douglas perhaps?

E: Bettany even where the gently caress did I get Brittany from?

Total Meatlove fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 3, 2021

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Ant man sneaks into the town

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Azhais posted:

Ant Man streaks into the town.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Technowolf posted:

Spiderverse Miles Morales

I would be super psyched to see a cameo of him in the next Spider-Man film just to show how weird the multi-verse can get.

They already did it in Miles’ movie with Peni being a different kind of animation from everyone else.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Azhais posted:

I like Ant Man. I would like this to happen, he's an example of someone who made a mistake and worked to rectify it.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Sloth Life posted:

I like Ant Man. I would like this to happen, he's an example of someone who made a mistake and worked to rectify it.

Works for Douglas' character too

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

BrianWilly posted:

Maybe he's talking about Cumberbatch, or maybe it's a different person from the cameo Olsen's talking about. Or anything really!

Just saying, proobably manage those expectations.

(or don't! I mean, I hella wanna see Magneto too :ohdear:)

I'm just imagining everyone in Disney sweating because all the fans are expecting this and this important actor and their stellar cameo is the kid that no one cares about from from Ironman 3.

(I also want Magneto. I'm gonna scream if it's Fassbender)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It’s going to be the return of Terrence Howard as Rhodey for some reason

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Desperado Bones posted:

I'm just imagining everyone in Disney sweating because all the fans are expecting this and this important actor and their stellar cameo is the kid that no one cares about from from Ironman 3.

(I also want Magneto. I'm gonna scream if it's Fassbender)

I'm assuming Bumblebee Cucumber but hoping for McKellan

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
It could be Mary-Kate and Ashley deepfaked into a Full House 90s scene.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

The X-man cometh posted:

No joke, I would give MCU/Disney all the props on this one.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

FlamingLiberal posted:

It’s going to be the return of Terrence Howard as Rhodey for some reason

We're going to learn that Terrence Howard's Rhodey is the prime universe and ever since Don Cheadle played him we were watching an alternate earth. Prime Thanos and the infinity stones are the main villain of phase 4.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The X-man cometh posted:

This would be incredible.

YOU GOT IT DUDE

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Walt Disney's frozen head

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Apparently Don Cheadle has revealed they’ll be in Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I guess someone is a fan

https://twitter.com/complexpop/status/1357015682823708673?s=21

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Works for Douglas' character too

Doug Ramsay is going to be in WandaVision?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

twistedmentat posted:

Doug Ramsay is going to be in WandaVision?

Surprise guest appearance of Silent Bob actually

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Honestly I hope both Quicksilvers show up, especially since that fits in with sitcoms that recast characters including Bewitched which already has heavy influence

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Among other things, all the callbacks to Ultron (a joint Tony and Bruce failure, though Tony usually gets most of the blame) as a misguided attempt to fend off those future threats. Most of the movies after AoU were part of the fallout of having to clean up that mess, and they loved throwing that in Tony's face. Bruce's 'merged' persona was clearly putting on a phony happy face. And Steve was motivated all along by his regret over the life he thought he'd left behind, and ultimately chose to return to. They pulled together in the end to do the right thing but they all clearly recognized their time was properly coming to an end. Bruce, at least, seems to be okay with sticking around in a consulting/assisting role, though.

I don't know, I think Bruce was putting on a happy face about the loss to Thanos and not because he realized he wasn't suitable as a hero anymore. If anything, he was more suitable as a hero then than he had ever been before, because he had actually merged his two personas in to one functional person that wasn't an imminent threat to everyone around him at all times. Once the Avengers reunite and settle on a new plan he becomes a lot more sincere in his upbeat attitude. I don't even think Steve was someone who recognized "I can't be the hero people need anymore", and would say he comes off more as someone who finally made a selfish decision after a life of service to greater things. He definitely felt bitter about loss to Thanos, and outright says he can't get over it during the film, but I don't think we're supposed to see him as someone unsuitable for whatever threats may come. I'm half sure the movie even presents it in those terms, with Steve choosing to go back to Peggy, and to not tell anyone, not even his friend about that life, because it was his life and not something Sam needed to know about.

On the other hand, Tony seems like he's supposed to come off as someone who finally made a selfless decision. Which, again, I'm pretty sure the film makes a deliberate nod to with Steve and Tony's first interactions where Steve says Tony would never be the hero jumping on a grenade to save others. Also, Tony is the one throwing Ultron in Steve's face in Endgame once he's rescued, since Tony is somewhat vindicated in his efforts to protect the world using initiatives like those that had created Ulton by the appearance of a threat like Thanos. After which, Steve is the one to go to Tony and make peace when they figure out a plan.

To me they Steve and Tony come off not as people who are unsuitable for a life as heroes going forward for whatever threats because of their damage, but just as damaged individuals who want to leave that life behind because it's what's damaged them to some degree and they feel satisfied that they have done their bit to help the world and can safely leave it in the hands of others. I don't even think Natasha comes off as that, because despite of (or maybe because of) her damage, I don't think Nat would ever have chosen to leave that life behind.

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

AoU was just them cleaning up their own massive mistake, IW was a straight-up loss, and Endgame was a barely-eked out Pyrrhic victory.

I'm not sure how bringing back half of the life in the galaxy, including billions of people on Earth alone at the cost of two lives is a Pyrrhic victory. It might be a melancholic one, but it's definitely not Pyrrhic and I doubt there was anyone on the team going "was it worth it though?".

Azhais posted:

Surprise guest appearance of Silent Bob actually

Oh please, if Kevin Smith had landed that role he'd have exploded live on stream.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Apparently Don Cheadle has revealed they’ll be in Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Who? Terrence Howard? Or Disney's frozen head?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

tsob posted:

I'm not sure how bringing back half of the life in the galaxy, including billions of people on Earth alone at the cost of two lives is a Pyrrhic victory. It might be a melancholic one, but it's definitely not Pyrrhic and I doubt there was anyone on the team going "was it worth it though?".

Yeah, fair.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Sloth Life posted:

Ant-Man wouldn't work sneaking into town. There's nothing there to hack or steal or clever bastard to victory. He wouldn't work as a choice to talk Wanda down because they only met once, briefly, 7(or 2) years ago before the airport thing.

Where Ant-Man would work is after all this (including whatever happens in Doctor Stranger and the Multiverse of Madness. Scott Lang is probably the most normal of the MCU heroes. He has not intrinsic powers. He didn't build his own super-suit. It was provided to him by Hank Pym. While the Snap might have changed things, Scott holds down a real job as the owner/partner in a real-world small business. He's not a supertech billionaire or an assassin for SHIELD. He also loved someone that he lost (through prison/divorce) and he moved on from that loss to love someone else (Hope).

In that vein in terms of dealing with grief, you think Hank, Hope and Janet haven't dealt with that considering their story? They along with Scott were effectively victims of the Snap and can get what Wanda is feeling in terms of dealing with a world that's five years in the future.

Plus, the fact that Scott barely knows Wanda becomes a kind of asset. He also doesn't have the baggage of her previous relationships. You know that on some level every time she looks at Clint Barton a part of her thinks, My brother who was my last close relative, is dead because of you.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 4, 2021

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If WandaVision wanted to go with a real fun twist, I wish it would be the following Have Michael Fassbender show up in the final episode to rescue Wanda near the end. At one point briefly have him seem to move metal objects with his mind. After he leaves with Wanda, the last scene of the show reveals this isn't Magneto from the Fox Universe, it's MCU Doctor Doom. The metal that was moved by him eariler was due to science or magic. I know they'd never do something this insane but it would own so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

gently caress it. The cameo is no one else but Grogu, Disney's newest super star and beloved hollywood child actor.