Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Radirot posted:

oh ok tha.... WHAT

in exchange for stripping the qanon rep from her seats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
LMAO!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Yinlock posted:

why not, pelosi would trade that committee seat in a heartbeat

hell she'd do it for free

It's not a trade, it's just the democrats in the house voting to strip MTG of her committees. The omar amendment was trolling.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Lol that isn't getting a vote.

Extremism on the left and right cannot be and will not be tolerated within this chamber

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

and that's why you lose, old man

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

WorkerThread posted:

in exchange for stripping the qanon rep from her seats

There is no exchange. It's just democrats voting to kick off MTG.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

lol look who's realizing he got played

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Why Omar and not AOC or Pressley or Bowman or Bush I wonder

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

AIPAC, the pettiest lobby on the planet

they never forget a slight

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
lol

like does bernie or his team think that's a good look

"I sold you all out and demanded that you vote for a rapist kkk man , and he and his team turned out to immediately reveal themselves as the lying scum fucks that they obviously were all along, now please thumbs up my social media content highlighting how much i will hold accountable these disgusting pig monsters that i endorsed and told you to support, g*d bless*"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

A republican introduced a troll amendment to kick off BOTH Omar and MTG but that amendment isn't getting a vote. The only thing getting voted on is the MTG one.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

mcmagic posted:

There is no exchange. It's just democrats voting to kick off MTG.

you're being very confident about that

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Lol that isn't getting a vote.

it's attached to the Republican-drafted resolution to remove MTG from her committees, so doing that would represent a rejection of glorious bipartisanship

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
not a dem but i respect the hustle. rise ride and grind.

https://twitter.com/FartCrab/status/1357074957147262976?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

WorkerThread posted:

you're being very confident about that

I'm one billion% sure Omar isn't getting kicked off her committees (until the GOP takes over in 2023 and kicks her off)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

she swore on a bible with gold fringe therefore isn't a real congresswoman, legally speaking of course

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

ram dass in hell posted:

lol

like does bernie or his team think that's a good look

"I sold you all out and demanded that you vote for a rapist kkk man , and he and his team turned out to immediately reveal themselves as the lying scum fucks that they obviously were all along, now please thumbs up my social media content highlighting how much i will hold accountable these disgusting pig monsters that i endorsed and told you to support, g*d bless*"

i mean its working for 20k people and counting so...yes?

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

you could talk these people into purchasing inflatable building foundations to protect against flooding

e: so long as the purchase massages their sense of class

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

mcmagic posted:

I'm one billion% sure Omar isn't getting kicked off her committees (until the GOP takes over in 2023 and kicks her off)

i'm only 100% confident of the democrats being huge losers, everything else is impossible to predict

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Regarding this boogaloo thing, I've noticed this trend of certain people always hyper-focusing on these random fringe far-right groups like they're "the real threat," as opposed to our actual existing government that is constantly torturing and killing non-white people in numbers that the Proud/Boogaloo Boys could never dream of.

It feels like an attempt to direct attention away from the actual relevant white supremacists. I don't think most of these people are deliberately doing that, but they're just gullible and absorbing mainstream Democratic/liberal perspectives on this stuff. It seems like these people can't identify the status quo for what it is and are constantly waiting for fascism/white supremacy to take a specific form it took in the past.

Like, we're already torturing/killing/immiserating non-whites on a scale comparable with any other fascist/white supremacist society short of literal Nazi Germany. In light of this, it seems deeply misguided to be worrying about the Proud Boys or whatever.

this basically describes the threads making fun of reactionaries in C-SPAM

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mcmagic posted:

A republican introduced a troll amendment to kick off BOTH Omar and MTG but that amendment isn't getting a vote. The only thing getting voted on is the MTG one.

why not, pelosi doesn't have a reason to not vote on both

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

mcmagic posted:

You should toxx for it ;)

You know what I'll offer you a toxx; if you're wrong you eat a ban, if you're right I'll buy you an av cert

E: wait if you buy an av cert it's $10 for the av change right why is $5 an option

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

this basically describes the threads making fun of reactionaries in C-SPAM

they're usually full of culture war-poisoned libs so yes

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

You should toxx for it ;)

You know what I'll offer you a toxx; if you're wrong you eat a ban, if you're right I'll buy you an av cert

Sure. I'll toxx that Omar doesn't get kicked off her committees until 2023.

:toxx:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah, troll amendments like that happen all the time, hence my shocked "wait did they actually loving pass it"?

Also, barring some kind of drastic scandal or something I doubt she's going anywhere in 2022. There was a surprisingly well-funded (by mysterious sources that were for sure not the DNC in any way) attempt to primary her from the right in 2020 that sunk horribly because they forgot to make their candidate appealing in any way whatsoever.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Quetzadilla posted:

not a dem but i respect the hustle. rise ride and grind.

https://twitter.com/FartCrab/status/1357074957147262976?s=20

lol

https://www.salon.com/2020/07/14/pork-sliders-sold-by-republican-house-candidate-who-supports-qanon-gave-customers-diarrhea-records/

But local health officials were already familiar with Boebert's operations. In 2017, authorities cited "an unlicensed temporary retail food establishment associated with Shooters Grill" for a mass food poisoning incident during the Rifle Rodeo at the Garfield County fairgrounds, according to Garfield County records.

The morning after the rodeo, the country's public health office documented receiving calls from attendees who complained of food poisoning. Some reported severe symptoms.

An investigation traced back to the pork sliders served by Boebert at the event. The meat "was smoked at Smokehouse 1776, a retail food establishment located in downtown Rifle, Colo., across the street from Shooters Grill and owned by the same person," according to the records.

Officials who later visited the restaurant suspected that the pork had not been stored at a safe temperature. They found that Smokehouse 1776 had no "cold holding" or "hot holding" mechanisms in place, and that the restaurant "does not maintain temperature logs so there was no way of showing that food was kept at proper temperatures." (Smokehouse 1776 has since closed, The Beast reported.)

They also reported "bare hand contact with ready to eat foods, no handwashing station [and] no barrier protection from insects."

A Boebert spokesperson told The Beast that the restaurant "did not receive a fine or have any other type of disciplinary action."

She's going to be are first woman president too lol

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

World War Mammories posted:

lmao that waiter rules

I hope the staff was allowed to finish off the bottle

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Animal-Mother posted:

"I will give everybody $2000."

"I will give everybody $1400."

"I will give most people $1400."

"I will give some people $1000."

"You know what? Howabout you give me money, instead?"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

docbeard posted:

Yeah, troll amendments like that happen all the time, hence my shocked "wait did they actually loving pass it"?

Also, barring some kind of drastic scandal or something I doubt she's going anywhere in 2022. There was a surprisingly well-funded (by mysterious sources that were for sure not the DNC in any way) attempt to primary her from the right in 2020 that sunk horribly because they forgot to make their candidate appealing in any way whatsoever.

The troll amendment isnt what passed lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
*Psakishly* We are not reducing the amount of the checks people receive. We are reducing the amount of people who receive the checks.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Vim Fuego posted:

*Psakishly* We are not reducing the amount of the checks people receive. We are reducing the amount of people who receive the checks.

psakibomb yaaaas!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

mcmagic posted:

The troll amendment isnt what passed lol

Yes I'm aware now.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Vim Fuego posted:

God I already know this is gonna be the line and I hate it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
dems even losing the slate guy smdh

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1357038918651232256
https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1357041854177509380
https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1357042410170245120

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao

I actually got money from Trump, looks like I'll get nothing from Biden
lol yeah so far Trump did more for me than Biden and it was completely expected.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Biden has altered the deal. Pray he does not alter it further.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

E: wait if you buy an av cert it's $10 for the av change right why is $5 an option

new AV for yourself is $5, for others it's $10, been like that for... oh god I don't want to think about how long it's been

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

Biden has altered the deal. Pray he does not alter it further.

change the title

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Vim Fuego posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

mcmagic posted:

Why is she done? She's extremely popular in her district.

Why would her district keep electing her when she has been removed from all committees?