Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
x-posting Morgwaeth's Blade Coven:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

Last I heard, the Warcry-specific factions are still low tier.

Thats stupid, I really liked those Scions of Flame guys.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/01/26/you-thought-the-warlord-was-big-try-the-warmaster-titan/

This large chap weighs in at over 1000pts, but he sure has all the firepower

tankfish
May 31, 2013

Last I heard, the Warcry-specific factions are still low tier.

That's super lame for such gorgeous models.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

x-posting Morgwaeth's Blade Coven:

That's a really great scheme- did you do a head-swap on the model with the whip, or was there an alt included in the kit?

Also: I had never seen those models from behind before and uhhhh that's a lot of bum

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

That's a really great scheme- did you do a head-swap on the model with the whip, or was there an alt included in the kit?

Also: I had never seen those models from behind before and uhhhh that's a lot of bum

Thanks! Yeah I swapped it with a regular AoS witch elf head, there’s no alt in the kit unfortunately.

And yeah, so much elf butt.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The original factions for Warcry seemed, for the most part, pretty tryhard grimdark. OOOH THESE GUYS WEAR THEIR OWN FACES AS GAUDY BELT BUCKLES!!!!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Rockman Reserve posted:

The original factions for Warcry seemed, for the most part, pretty tryhard grimdark. OOOH THESE GUYS WEAR THEIR OWN FACES AS GAUDY BELT BUCKLES!!!!

That's the one I liked the most :(

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

tankfish posted:

Did they ever fix that issue with the regular AoS armies being so much better then the regular cultists? Last time I played I was running mawtribe and literally ate my opponent.

They got a slight boost with the recent Morathi FAQ in being able to take Marks when in an Idolator army (see https://www.goonhammer.com/goonhammer-faq-hot-take-age-of-sigmar-january-2021-update/ ), but it's limited to the same mark as the Idolator Lord. Might help a little bit, especially with those just on the cusp like Iron Golems.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

That's the one I liked the most :(

More power to you, honestly, just wasn't the kind of sculpts I'm into.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Rockman Reserve posted:

Yeah I have the same issue

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
come on, the wearing your own face thing is hilarious and good, not grimdark lame

tankfish
May 31, 2013

Rockman Reserve posted:

I have always had the urge to kit bash them to be silt walkers and street performers.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Rockman Reserve posted:

This is the only try hard and edgy one. The rest are:

-dudes in armor
-dudes in animal skins
-dudes in wizard outfits
-dudes in crow outfits
-snake gladiators

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Hobo posted:

You can build a custom warband from any models in your faction, except that you only can have one leader model. The different factions can't mix, even if if seems like the should be able to, so you can't mix Stormcast vanguard boys with Stormcast Magic boys.
There are also a bunch of mercenaries and beasts that you can add to your warband.

Edit: By faction, I mean Warcry factions, not normal AoS factions.

Not quite anymore. One of the new rules in the Grand Alliance book is that you can take one Leader Unit from any faction in the same Grand Alliance as an ally. Ruleswise they won't count as a second leader but they can use Leader abilities.

AnEdgelord posted:

Thats stupid, I really liked those Scions of Flame guys.

Scions of the Flame are good. And everyone got a rebalancing pass with the Grand Alliance books. (Along with the ability to take another leader from any faction. Who have abilities that can cover weaknesses they may have.)

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 26, 2021

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

Not quite anymore. One of the new rules in the Grand Alliance book is that you can take one Leader Unit from any faction in the same Grand Alliance as an ally. Ruleswise they won't count as a second leader but they can use Leader abilities.
Neat! I haven't checked out the Grand Alliance books, because gently caress you Games Workshop, I'm not made of money.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Hobo posted:

Neat! I haven't checked out the Grand Alliance books, because gently caress you Games Workshop, I'm not made of money.

I personally think they are worth it if only for the fact they pretty much allow you to take any model in the game that is not named or a massive monster. (The big monsters instead being used for different types of games.)

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

I personally think they are worth it if only for the fact they pretty much allow you to take any model in the game that is not named or a massive monster. (The big monsters instead being used for different types of games.)
I kind of want the Chaos book, but my problem is that my local community is super competitive, so Warcry never really took off around here.
The game is great, in a "play for fun" sort of way, but way too many people around here will look at you like you're insane if you want to play something like Warcry.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Electric Hobo posted:

You can build a custom warband from any models in your faction, except that you only can have one leader model. The different factions can't mix, even if if seems like the should be able to, so you can't mix Stormcast vanguard boys with Stormcast Magic boys.
There are also a bunch of mercenaries and beasts that you can add to your warband.

Edit: By faction, I mean Warcry factions, not normal AoS factions.

Ah cool.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Yeah, the OG Warcry factions should suck compared to Stormcast, or Chaos Warriors, or whatever. They're literally intended to be LVL 0 NPC scrubs who are off to see the wizard because they need courage or some poo poo (turns out they had it inside of them all along! No, really - look. When they got torn open by that harpy, all their courage spilled out into the ground with their intestines...) I mean, the Warcry Warbands hope to one day hit the level of Chaos Marauder, and I am not kidding when I say that.

The issue is that GW, in their infinite wisdom, didn't really upcost the AoS factions when they ported them into the game. I think they heard rumblings that people didn't want to play with just the core factions, so they scrambled to get more AoS stuff into the game and it really wasn't properly priced.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
well poo poo, the Warcry starters at my lgs are marked up way higher than msrp, better luck next time I guess

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Can you try and haggle?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

AnEdgelord posted:

well poo poo, the Warcry starters at my lgs are marked up way higher than msrp, better luck next time I guess

Buy two and scalp one.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Nah, im busy with stonks now anyway

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

xtothez posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/01/26/you-thought-the-warlord-was-big-try-the-warmaster-titan/

This large chap weighs in at over 1000pts, but he sure has all the firepower

As much as I absolutely love the Adeptus titanicus models, my heart of hearts is still desperately hoping for some Epic models releasing again one day. Keep it Horus Heresy and I'd be the happiest man imaginable

Adeptus is barely played in my area and, from what I can tell poking around Facebook, next to 0 Epic players. So even if i kit bashed a faction from 3rd parties....no one to play with.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Tiny Chalupa posted:

As much as I absolutely love the Adeptus titanicus models, my heart of hearts is still desperately hoping for some Epic models releasing again one day. Keep it Horus Heresy and I'd be the happiest man imaginable

Adeptus is barely played in my area and, from what I can tell poking around Facebook, next to 0 Epic players. So even if i kit bashed a faction from 3rd parties....no one to play with.

I love epic, and the way I got it to work, like with most historicals, is to build several factions yourself. People are way more likely to try it if there's no buy - in, and 6mm stuff is cheap enough it is doable.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Just do it, I just built a 3000pt mechanized imperial guard army (Vostroyans) for just over $200. I grabbed the most expensive 3rd party vehicles, so it could probably have been built for half the cost. I'm next going to build a much more economical Ork force for getting people introduced to the game. Though I have lots of Epic players in my neck of the woods.

I'll have pics of it in about a month or two when I actually get it painted. Using polish hussars as rough riders, nappy old guard converted to be infantry and stormtroopers.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

It's a damned shame, too. AT might be the best game system GW has ever built.

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013
I was looking to get some more AT titans. Do you get more terminals in a box of Warhounds?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Virtual Russian posted:

Just do it, I just built a 3000pt mechanized imperial guard army (Vostroyans) for just over $200. I grabbed the most expensive 3rd party vehicles, so it could probably have been built for half the cost. I'm next going to build a much more economical Ork force for getting people introduced to the game. Though I have lots of Epic players in my neck of the woods.

Alright, the more I look at it...the more excited I am getting. Not only do I miss Epic but I love the Horus Heresy so I'm pretty set on doing Epic 30k. I've tracked down the rules, army builders, where to get the models and all that jazz......but. I have an issue.

Edit: nevermind, finally figured it out. I kept somehow missing a link to them all. Ugh
I'll post updates as things get in. Trying to come up with 2 pretty different Legions for 30k.

Iron Hands or Imperial fist will be the non traitors.
Unsure about the traitor legions

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Feb 2, 2021

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

If you're interested in 3d printing stuff, you could even scale the models up slightly so they're in keeping with Adeptus Titanicus's ~8mm scale.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Signal posted:

If you're interested in 3d printing stuff, you could even scale the models up slightly so they're in keeping with Adeptus Titanicus's ~8mm scale.

Titanicus is 6mm, the titans are bigger than old epic because they're properly scaled.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Some dude at GW said 'a space marine would be 8 mm tall' and everyone started screaming it was the wrong scale even though that's how tall a marine would be at 6 mm scale because they're huge people.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Booley posted:

Titanicus is 6mm, the titans are bigger than old epic because they're properly scaled.

Yeah, that's all true, but looking at the old plastic beaky stuff they are most definitely not 8mm. Regardless of what size you choose to make things, you can use a good resin printer to create consistent models. That's all I'm saying. :)

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
The scale thing is 100% accurate, but the original Epic models weren't actually scaled to anything consistent. FW was the closest we got to truescale, but, as we've seen with AI, even the FW models weren't actually scaled properly. Its going to be interesting when a AT scale vehicles start coming out and we get to see if they are accurately sized (i.e. a Rhino that can actually fit 10 Marines) because, hoo boy, that's gonna be a dramatic size increase.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Booley posted:

Right before release or on it, when there was still a lot of talk about the scale, an official GW person said Titanicus is 1/4 the size of 40k. 28/4 = not 6

Just about every epic model has been released for free/very low cost on Thingiverse and Cults3D, and there are a few groups that post them as they release like 40k Makers discord.

goodness fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 3, 2021

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

goodness posted:

Right before release or on it, when there was still a lot of talk about the scale, an official GW person said Titanicus is 1/4 the size of 40k. 28/4 = not 6

Just about every epic model has been released for free/very low cost on Thingiverse and Cults3D, and there are a few groups that post them as they release like 40k Makers discord.

When you measure physical things like AI planes or titans, and compare the 28mm ones to the titanicus scale ones, they're in 6mm scale.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

goodness posted:

Do you have a link for this discord?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Three new GW boxed games coming soon:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/03/peek-inside-three-new-warhammer-boxed-games-arriving-in-2021/

I can't tell what's up with Bladeborn - is it just a new season of Underworld? Is it a fully new game that looks exactly like Underworld? I'm confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Three new GW boxed games coming soon:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/03/peek-inside-three-new-warhammer-boxed-games-arriving-in-2021/

I can't tell what's up with Bladeborn - is it just a new season of Underworld? Is it a fully new game that looks exactly like Underworld? I'm confused.
It looks a lot more like Warcry on a board. The glory tokens are straight out of Underworlds, but maybe they're used for something else in this, and the board is also kind of Underworldsy. Everything else looks a lot more like Warcry to me.