Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

MARKET CLOSED!

Purchased stonks in............

[3am] Suitable - 12
Deluxifier - 9
Coffee Plant - 8

...LOADING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
Shame the black blade can't go into the suitifier. Wearing a suit that reduced all damage to 1 would have been pretty sweet.

Wonder if putting the coffee plant in it will give us a continuous caffeine drip as part of the suit?

Razakai posted:

Put the deluxifier in the suitable. A suit that upgrades us!

This is definitely better though.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
Somehow I knew when i saw the name "3am" it would be one big homestuck reference, lmao

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Update ballooning into something bigger, need to sleep on it. But in the meantime, please have a current list of what qualifies for Deluxification, and what's Suitable, for something to chew over for the next few beats of gameplay.

'Impact' refers to how much the Deluxifier can improve the item; there's always some improvement, even on Low Impact items.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
As much as I want to throw an upgraded silk into the suitable, I have to go with the coffee bush here. And the Graduation Best.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!
it strikes me as worthwhile to consider deluxifying something and them making it suitable. upgrading existing gear seems to be low impact, but those silks already sound snazzy as suits and their upgraded versions may produce even nicer suits.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Since it seems Kwiat is perfect already or otherwise unavailable, I'm inclined to buff sunset shroud to solar veil and throw that in the suitifier.
Possibly with the addition of one or two other items for a glitched suit, but no more as I get the feeling any more than that would go poorly.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Deluxing the artifact and suiting it does feel like we'd get some crazy armour. But that effectively "loses" us a cloak. Whereas doing the same to silk is turning something currently worthless into something usable.
Shame that presumably we can't transfer the webbing from our old suit.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Well, if we deluxify the black silk, we get silk of the spider God. If we deluxify the red silk, we get silk that... actually, I had to Google that name, the only thing Lovecraft related was a character from Delta Green who may or may not be an avatar of Nyarlathotep.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Hmmm I think we should keep the deluxifier since it's one use, use the suitable though cause we get to use it again eventually?

Just we might be able to get some higher power stuff later and it'd be cool to still have the upgrade available.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

No, we should use it now, otherwise we'll run into the whole "But what if we find something even better later on" problem and never use the drat thing.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Is the deluxifier one use only, or can it be detached from one thing and reattached to another?

Either way, I can see two options here that look really good. Option 1 is to use the deluxifier on the black or bloody silk and put the result in the suitifier - I don’t know what the red text means but I’m excited to find out. The black would coordinate better with our red shroud, I think, and it’s probably the more powerful base material considering the monster we got it from. Option 2 is to use the deluxifier on the sunset shroud, since a “mid” impact upgrade to what’s already an A-ranked artifact sounds Real loving Good, and to use the suitifier on the airy potion. The reason I say the airy potion rather than the black or bloody silk is that the result (“unsuited”) together with the item description (“barely-visible light liquid”) makes me think the potion might be invisibility and that using the suitifier on it might give us a suit version of an invisibility cloak.

I don’t think there’s a good reason to put the solar veil/sunset shroud in the suitifier, though, since we can already wear it! The suitifier doesn’t upgrade things, it just turns them into suits.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

pumpinglemma posted:

is that the result (“unsuited”) together with the item description (“barely-visible light liquid”) makes me think the potion might be invisibility and that using the suitifier on it might give us a suit version of an invisibility cloak.

That's an incredibly charitable reading, what i'd expect is literally a see-through suit. Which is not useful unless we want to menace people with our unmentionables and we absolutely don't.

That said

Upgrade black silk, put black silk in suitifier

Regallion fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Feb 2, 2021

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Was there a loading screen tip that mentioned Leng silk?

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Randalor posted:

No, we should use it now, otherwise we'll run into the whole "But what if we find something even better later on" problem and never use the drat thing.

fair point in which case

Regallion posted:

Upgrade black silk, put black silk in suitifier

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The Blue Book posted:

"...fastest available route, but dangerous - only a single reported onerunner managed to make the charge from Tunnel-255, to Park-255, to Thunderfall, to Steelwater Station, to Starwatch Station, to the Palace of Thunders, and finally..."

"...'Lights Flash On The Skyline' isn't exactly kind either. Her non-sorcerous systems include the armaments of Blacklight Missiles, a Gravity Railgun, Roadblocker-Class Shotgun, Photon Laser, and one that features in the 'System Ule' penultimate..."

"...lives up to its name. Apples. Every kind. Endless kinds. Enough that it's suspected that there may be an apple for EVERY tag in the code's list of..."

"...IT, I SAW IT SAW IT -THE HOLY TOWN, ALL-GREEN TOWN, I SAW, IT WAS THE DRYAD TOWN, AN OLD HELL TOWN, DEAD SKY TOWN..."

"...Crashblade is just an imitation of the Dragoncrusher, which is made of a dragon's bone, filled with carved holes and grooves which makes it roar when dervished by..."

"...dead, then Paproc will be corrupted and immediately violent. If alive, she'll be normal and able to join you to get to Momma Logon's camp right on the border of..."

"...problem is that it can use Dual Bite every single turn when you're submerged in a cloud of them. Its triple-cosmic threat of bypassing all DR, not needing a roll to hit, and negating all passive defenses means it's a meat shredder that..."

"...detestable Scrapyard Assassins, whose lead pipes..."

"...best modifier of which is 'Rainbow', which regardless of the food rolled with grant permanent 1st-level Luck, plus..."

"...relationship of Lord and Eidolon (The Singer, The Coward, The Errant, The Traitor). Only the Singer of Cadanza has ever been seen, though many suspect of having met the Errant and the Traitor from the collective information of the 7 runs that managed to reach the Island and..."

"...few better grandplate-class armors than the Moloch Armor. If its 1500 pounds can be withstood, then it grants a monstrous AD-resistant DR of 50 (plus undersuit!), as well as the immunity to..."

"...just fun. So many oneruns take Avi's Question for Psychic gun builds to..."

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Black August posted:

Moloch Armor

Do NOT make me reinstall ADOM Black August, the little ASCII game mockups have already been bad enough in this regard!

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Black August posted:

"...problem is that it can use Dual Bite every single turn when you're submerged in a cloud of them. Its triple-cosmic threat of bypassing all DR, not needing a roll to hit, and negating all passive defenses means it's a meat shredder that..."
Dual Bite is Doubler's Ultimate Hell Art, so this is telling us about Doubler's fighting mechanics.

Also, the game might be driving some of its players insane? It's probably fine.

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012

Black August posted:

"...lives up to its name. Apples. Every kind. Endless kinds. Enough that it's suspected that there may be an apple for EVERY tag in the code's list of..."

Lords probably have their own tag, so could we eat an apple lord? Is this how we become the hidden 9th lord?

More seriously, we may want to be careful/incredibly reckless with glitches that could affect apples. Seems like that could create some very unique items. That we could then run through the Suitifier to create game-breaking armor.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

OneWingedDevil posted:

Lords probably have their own tag, so could we eat an apple lord? Is this how we become the hidden 9th lord?

More seriously, we may want to be careful/incredibly reckless with glitches that could affect apples. Seems like that could create some very unique items. That we could then run through the Suitifier to create game-breaking armor.

otoh we may want to be careful with the suitable - we might end up producing a set of armor that turns us into an apple

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm a little leery of apple science. We may be a Tyrant, but let's not become a King.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

You all are thinking too little. We take the apples, make apple cider out of it, and suitify THAT.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Could go further. Drink the apple cider and then climb in the suitifier; 50/50 on if we see the ol Johnny Applesuit glitch or the protagonist gets some stress relief from the ridiculousness involved.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

... Can we feed the suitifier into itself, and would that result in it making itself into a suit? Or at the very least does it fold into itself into a convenient easy-to-carry pocket-sized stuffed bag?

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

I am guessing we should make sure to eat a chaos meal next time to hope for that rainbow option.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
We just need to spawn missingno, then we can have infinite deluxifier and max out everything!
Although what we saw in the tower was like this game's missingno, so maybe a bad idea.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I make up my mind,

because I have so little of it left to expend before my intent goes soft. The... suit thing? Yes. I love suits. I do. It's so so so important to have one on you have to... oh... I can buy the coffee?! I CAN? I will. I am. I hand over the sword for it. I don't need it, not, not as much as I ne- as I want that. I want coffee. I do. And, and then I can hand over this scroll since I don't trust it and I want, yeah, I'll take the- the shiny gold thing, the plaque says it improves things and I need all the help I can-

I can have the coffee. Oh. Bless. Bless. Yes. I'm so relieved. This was the right thing to do, wasn't it? How is that? Oh, I can't think that, I have to think of going back. I can't focus but the coffee smells so good and if I want another cup I just need to get back and show Kwiat and I can-

"Leatherskin."

He risks a hand on my arm. Draws my attention.

My cup has been empty for a while. I've just been licking it, sipping at droplets, hands absently clawing the crystal as I shiver and forget I've already made my trade and then just lost track. My body. It hurts, you see.

(First-Aid) 10 - [6]+[1]+[3] = 10 - Success.

See, see, the Doctor comes in slither slither big as a house with the micro manage of a mouse, she's here and she points at me and she's always playing it cool but hahahaha caught you caught you there's such stern concern in your hiss this time, hahaha why are you so quiet Doctor is it all the scar tissue... is...

TYRANNY: [1%]

...I stand up and

know if my intent stops now I'll end then but we and
i'm shaking and can't speak
am i dying

the merchant sits me down and says something about, how, it's bullshit right, it's a sale, right, says I should have a meal yeah yeah yeah here look look at this see? see this card? a cat gave me this, sir do you, did you, you're not MC&D are you, are- like Deimos, are you

A Free Lunch

(Chaos Lunch Type) 12 - [3]+[4]+[6] = 13 - Burger.
(Chaos Lunch Mod) 12 - [1]+[4]+[6] = 11 - Fire.

. . . . . . . . @ ?

o h .

that's a burger do you SMELL that, it- is that gold, and, it's actual gold he says, genuine firemeat, the best of obsidian salt and, and ghost peppers and, and honey and look at it shine I'm eating money hahaha

i dont feel good
oh no wait but i am hungry ok
right?

Six-Pack Subscription posted:

*distant screaming, as though from miles away on a silent winter midnight in the deep woods*

Garbage Disposal posted:

im dying im dying im dying im dying im dying im dying im dying im dying im dying im dying im dying im dying im dying im dying im dying im dying im dying im dying im dying im dying im dying im dying im dying im dying Food?

Compromised Cranial posted:

This is a new medical record for near-death operation!

right right im the tyrant im the boss i tell you what to do, and, im telling you, eat this food to

survive
one bite then
I'm amazed at the heat and
it shocks me a little more cohesive
it's gone in a few more bites oh wow

That's good. Oh, I really needed that. I- I can't tell if it's you or if it's I. I get up, and, oh yes thank you Mr. Napp, why the anxious look, oh my purchases and receipts yes, a free grinder and brewer how generous, I'm, out the door because I think I've made him happy but uncomfortable and, haha I don't even look that wounded but, my body is, oh. I have. So long. To go.

One step. Then another. Ok. Let's go.

No puking.

It's, another cloudy day. Another iron gray. So... south. That's where I need to go, real slow. One foot, another. It's limber, there's this gold fire gristle in my throat and it feels great. It feels like a coffee and a magic burger. It feels like I did a great job at deals. Right? I do a great job, don't I? I have to. Or else we scythe. Oh, that tower, everything about it is so wrong. Did you see what I saw? It was midnight at the top of the tower, it was so dark and Wash was gone. But didn't you see, or was it just me? There, over the mountains. Somwhere... look. Look at this. Listen. I want you to look at this. Will we? Ok. Yes. Look.

See that red line? There. I was at the top of the tower and I could JUST see it over the mountain tops in that direction. Those impossibly high peaks, protecting this holy valley. But I saw it! The midnight was sticky-thick with hate, but I saw it. Fireworks. It was so- they were so far away, but so high, and so big. So colorful. So bright. I saw them. I swear I did. I swear Wash was watching, and, she said that it always happened, once a week? Way way way way way out there, somewhere where that red line goes... she saw it. I saw.

No, no my feet are walking. I'm focused. See those pink arrows? See that? It's my intent. I've gone two miles already from the Plutos to Napp. Now look at that. That's what I'll survive. Three miles south to that strange formation... then we'll run. Fast! There's so much, this impossible energy in me, I can't keep still and I can't stay awake. Because my body is dying. The Doctor said so. She said, I did, I said, that after that it's another five miles more to the bend, past that swamp... I don't like that person. The one with the creepy ivory drapes, and the armor with teeth. I TOLD you. I told you they'd be mean. I said it, and you just kept- you argue. Always. It's so stupid. Then four miles west to that creepy river structure... Deimos is worse. I hate that toothy-suit person, but Deimos is... he... wants to hurt me. To HURT me. I had to scare him. Ok? He was going to do something really really bad.

Look. Then it's five more miles to Holy Land, then I'm Home free. Right? Then Kwiat is there. She'll ALWAYS be there. Always always. Always gonna win. Always gonna... she said so and she was RIGHT... so... ok. Let's go!

I puke.

I stand up and seizure softly against a tree for a moment. Warm warm warm cloak, red red red cloak. Here we go. Here's the gamble. Here's me winning the bread when I come back, and, do you see Kwiat? I won a new coffee maker and suit, just like those successful nations let you do. Right? Ok.

(Stealth) 11 - [4]+[1]+[3] = 8 - Success.

Let's go.
Down the long slope of the valley. Where I can see the ocean far far away. Where I'm thinking too much and I cling to that slurry driftwood, to keep my legs one step another, to hold up the weakest of my intent. Slowly slowly. Softly softly.
Easy easy. Just a run down on down south, the electrocute corpse shambling their way to their hidey-die hole.

TYRANNY: [0.99999...%]
[Tyrant Confidence Wavers]

You... try to sit down.

The Dark posted:

I said,

No.

(WL) 19 - [1]+[5]+[1] = 7 - Lucky.

TYRANNY: [8%]

Just enough gravity to keep me from flying out into the void.

I'm still wild with excess energy. I don't bleed it off thanks to the magic of my biology, jade green blossoming in my cells like ferns. They keep my muscles in an irregularity of motion, while systems overdrive the healing process. It keeps me stalking, silently to the edge of the great cornered formation. I don't have a choice but to drive my body through something that could be dangerous- the adrenaline was necessary to keep me going. So I peek through the trees, as the land appears to perfectly level off, and begins to converge into a strange uniformity of position. Clustered trees soon line up to rows, and further in begin to lose identity to pine trees, perfect in matched size and grid, with a matching below of ferns and stones all assuming identical pattern. It terminates with a perfect 90-degree slice. Into grass field- uniform in growth, in height, in color, marred only by wind and my fresh footfall.

It's enormous, a cornered corridor I stand at the west end of; the handle of the key. There's an aura about the place that stands my hair up, and I realize it's quiet in the wrong ways. Sounds don't hit my ears right; sometimes an echo, or a reverb, a muffling into a muting, or coming from the wrong direction. I pick up the pace and ignore the uniformity of the wind, the perfect perfect line the trees barrier the place with, the shed I walk face first into as it sits in the middle of the field, the shock of which is enough to send me to a slow kneel to fight off the shock and waggle my sword about in reflex defense.

I look up. A small sign on the side of the door reads 'SHELTER'. The shack is decidedly not perfect like all else in the key. I storm up and keep my sword slung low, hunched and stumbling along with a growing intention of last-throw violence if demanded. I step around to the back of the shack to make my way the second half to the perfect treeline south and out.

Someone is there, resting on a weather-worn wood chair. They look up, I feel my third eye peel open, I see three angles inside a perfect key, and the one who sees me see them is... it's...

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Third Eye Seeing
I see them there. One of the three Kings of the Beast. Mighty mighty mighty. I see them look at me, colors three, now resolving into one.

Do you see them? There. Sitting easy in the shack lawn chair.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Aww we puked a fireburger!

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Some salient reminders:

Loading screen posted:

Kaigen is attended by his Werewolf Kings, three powerful individuals who accepted the Blood Pact with him to survive fatal wound, and become one of his pack. They are named Pariah, Salted-Earth, and Jono.

Blue book posted:

"[...as dangerous as Salted-Earth, whose Anti-Materiel Rifle means she hits HARDER than her Werewolf King form, which balances itself with..."]

Loading screen (I think) posted:

One way werewolves are created is by being deathborn - anyone who manages to survive a near-death experience with a werewolf, and then SLAYS it, will themselves become a werewolf...
Let's not go for Salted-Earth. Maybe Pariah? We're pariahs too, after all, and he's reading.

I do hope the fact that our spending choices were explained as the choices of a desperately addled near-death mind wasn't meta-commentary... :ohdear:

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I went with Pariah on account of the bandages meaning they'd been recently wounded and an easier kill if provoked and also for reading.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Hostile V posted:

bandages meaning they'd been recently wounded.

Have you considered https://darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/Leper

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Nope!

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Pretty sure if we try to fight any of the three while at -60 HP then we're just dead.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

What IS our HP at now? Is it still -60, or has the burger/our natural healing done us some good?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Right now HP is at -60 / 20, and FP is at 35 / 14. There are no possible sources of healing to be had at this time.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Okay, NOW is when we start trying to work out how to make our HP underflow so it rolls back around to max HP. If we're lucky, it'll only be -255.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Unfortunately, per the rules, death is instant at -5xHP (or -100 in this case, with the character's 20 total HP). Complete bodily destruction comes at -10xHP (-200). Well, instant death if you take enough damage to drive you down to that kill-line threshold.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VOTING CLOSED - Guess Who's Already Here For Dinner

Pariah; freshly bandaged, wrench sharpened as he reads. - 13
Salted-Earth; scraping iron-dust from the chlorine-rust of her arms. - 10
Jono; frightening, thinking, unblinking at the sky. - 10

...LOADING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It's a scene.

There I stand. Barely me, hardly we. Sword sunk into the perfect-grown grass, as much crutch as threat, body visibly shaking like a wet beaten dog.

There she sits, in the wooden shack chair, face concealed with a mask of balsa and straw, an ant́́i̴҉-̵̕m͢ą̨ţer̨ie̶҉͠l̕|..@..there they sit, in the wooden shack chair, face the mad faeric demand of sharpest features and toobrig҉̶h͏̶t̴̛͜ ҉eye̷͠s̶͘...@..there he sits, in the wooden shack chair. A very strange man.

The light is so dullgray uniform, my eyes so soft with static, that I keep missing little details that surprise me well past the point where I should be dead. But it looks like I caught this man in the act, his eyes just as wide-animal surprised as my own. So we just look at each other.

He's smaller, thinner. Starve-lean. Dressed like a military doctor, jumpsuit clean but darkened with wound-stains and wear. Bandages all over the place- in his lap, on the ground, on a pack, all neat and ordered cut with vorpal shears. Has a small pile of books, dog-earned and dog-titled, veterinary and medical and baroque. A wrench... a big wrench. Weighty, dull red, dinged and dented. The teeth looked sharpened. Ah, at his belt, just like me there a revolver chambered six.

What's that? Scalpel. Sharp little head gleaming an impossibly dullgold shade. He's holding it. He's working on his exposed arm. It's bleeding, profusely. All up and down the lean arm, I can see it moved through him. Teeth. Barbaric animal teeth, pierced through his skin as if they were trying to bite their way out from inside. Swathes of leathery skin stuck to human flesh, tangled with weird growths of hair. Steady steady, I'm watching this and it's crawling to seat on my worn down brain.

He sizes me up.

(Doctor-) ?? - [6]+[6]+[4] = 16 - Success...?

I size him up.

(-Doctor) 10 - [1]+[6]+[4] = 11 - Failure...?

I think... he has some condition. It makes him need to excise. He seems to do so expertly and routinely. Already worked half his arm clean. Wounds healing as lot faster than they should. His face- don't know, we have eyes locked. It's hard to tell if they're dog-white or sky-bright, but they SEE me. They're curious, perplexed, a head tilted to one side. Some scruff of faded hair out from blooded bandages carefully around the face and neck. He speaks muffled, masked, head dipped and tucked towards his arm. He has a dusty deep tone.

"I don't know what the hell could be wrong with you. Never seen anything like. You're not pack, but you ARE a predator, yes?"

I don't really startle at the question. I just nod, absently. He stays seated, and wraps the exposed of his cleanly-cut wounds. He has a little doggy bag for the ones he's replaced.

"Well. Then you're fine. Salt is off chasing small game, Jono is hiding on top of trees. I'm just relaxing and watching the Hounds pass through."

??? posted:

you're watching the dogs you're watching them for Jezebel and he's laughing every time another one comes Home

He leans his head up to look at me, nearly bandaged back up. "I'm sorry?"

I just stare. I didn't- I'm slipping again. He looks at me hard, I see the bandages move as he sniffs once.

"Listen. I'm a student of medicine. You seem to be in rough shape. If you're just passing through, would you like a diagnosis? Courtesy, one predator to another."

Don't you loving pity me. Is what I ready to say.
You're out of your mind. Is what I'm thinking.
Don't TOUCH me. Is what I'm fighting.

TYRANNY: [1%]

No no... don't break it, don't be a fool, don't let it happen now, it isn't supposed to happen to ME, I-

(Disquiet) 9 - [1]+[1]+[5] = 7 - Success.

Wait. Please. Wait. I'm messed up. I'm really messed up. I'm scared. I admit it. I'm barely holding on and I have miles to go. I'm really hosed up and I keep thinking my heart is about to stop. I can't let go, or I'll start screaming. I'll start thinking about how unreal the last day has been and how many times I've almost died. I can't. I really really can't.

Gravity is tidal forces. They're sloshing around in my head black-crowned. I think of puking but I don't do it, I don't let this strange beastly doctor see me lose it, I just stand there and stare and fight to control my body language.

I have to catch one of the waves.