Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Elea posted:

I tried to lightly troll Q people by saying that Monsters Inc was a white hat operation to expose adrenochrome. They just agreed and one guy said he'd watch it with his kid. 😥

The "Everything about Biden's administration is fake" phase of Qanon seems to be over too. Q people are too tightly connected to normal Republican grievances to believe that Biden is under secret arrest and the military is really in control.

Everything about Q is recycled sci-fi movie and book plots. The original troll was obviously a bit of a geek and the followers are borderline illiterate.

The Q explanation when confronted with that is the secret cabal leaves hints about what their nefarious plots are in popular culture for inadequately explained reasons.

Adrenochrome is from a clockwork orange and fear and loathing in las vegas. The underground war stuff is from some naff 80's Chinese invasion b-movie, the lizard people are from V the series, draining the pineal gland is an x-files episode and scaring kids to feed off it is from Monsters inc. Mix that up with a load of murderous anti-semitic, racist, anti-LGBT neo-nazi poo poo plus the protocols of the elders of Zion and you've got Q.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Everything about Q is recycled sci-fi movie and book plots. The original troll was obviously a bit of a geek and the followers are borderline illiterate.

The Q explanation when confronted with that is the secret cabal leaves hints about what their nefarious plots are in popular culture for inadequately explained reasons.

Sounds more like the Apophenia that drives most qultists. The bad guys run Hollywood, ergo if I saw something in a movie it's either the bad guys laughing in my face with a sarcastic confession or one of the screen writers is a Good Guy trying to sneak the message out.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

BUT HERE YOU ARE

DarklyDreaming posted:

Sounds more like the Apophenia that drives most qultists. The bad guys run Hollywood, ergo if I saw something in a movie it's either the bad guys laughing in my face with a sarcastic confession or one of the screen writers is a Good Guy trying to sneak the message out.

Could well be. I heard is it's to taunt people rather than attempts at leaks, being Q it's entirely possible they firmly believe both versions simultaneously.

That would also explain their belief they can get to the bottom of it all by decoding flag or letter numbers and other numerology stuff.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011

Adrenochrome is from a clockwork orange and fear and loathing in las vegas. The underground war stuff is from some naff 80's Chinese invasion b-movie, the lizard people are from V the series, draining the pineal gland is an x-files episode and scaring kids to feed off it is from Monsters inc. Mix that up with a load of murderous anti-semitic, racist, anti-LGBT neo-nazi poo poo plus the protocols of the elders of Zion and you've got Q.

The original Q was like an evil Ernest Cline.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The pineal gland thing is way older than X-files. I remember it being a plot point in a 1960s b-movie on MST3K.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Leech_Woman

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

X-Files is a real mash-up of conspiracy lore from the 30-40 years prior to its production mixed up with plenty of real-life horrible secret poo poo. Reading Bill Cooper a few years ago was a real trip for me because I recognized a lot of it from my childhood X-Files obsession.

I'm glad they took the antisemitism out of it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Then Q put it all back with bonus space lasers.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Remember when we would laugh at TimeCube guy for being crazy.

Who knew half of the US pop would go "hey, guy has a good point" when exposed to similar crazy

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

BUT HERE YOU ARE

FilthyImp posted:

Remember when we would laugh at TimeCube guy for being crazy.

Who knew half of the US pop would go "hey, guy has a good point" when exposed to similar crazy

The FBI in August of last year. People got upset when they labelled qanon a bunch a hideously dangerous loonies back then.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

The whole point of my thought experiment was that we are ALL Qs because A + O = Q 100% of the time.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

GODFATHER 3.

Thats my entire argument.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Randabis posted:

The whole point of my thought experiment was that we are ALL Qs because A + O = Q 100% of the time.

it is this blessed day 100% of the time

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Ooohhhh....

Now I get it. Plain as day. Boy do I feel stupid.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

If you would like to spread Alpha back into our fight brothers then help us at GoonAnon.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

GODFATHER 3.

Thats my entire argument.

Oh yeah? How about this.

Chinatown.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

BUT HERE YOU ARE
Big Trouble in Little China is more qanon's thing. It has an underground fight in secret tunnels and naughty immigrants who steal a white woman.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Why should one Q be superior to another Q when we are all children of alpha and Omega? Why is it so important for one Q to lead the Q when the Q can't rationally settle their differences on a neutral ground like play a loving game dude and whoever wins the game wins. Who cares who the losers are if everyone wins in the end anyway? We are children of the one true God above.

I love you

Q

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Randabis posted:

Why should one Q be superior to another Q when we are all children of alpha and Omega? Why is it so important for one Q to lead the Q when the Q can't rationally settle their differences on a neutral ground like play a loving game dude and whoever wins the game wins. Who cares who the losers are if everyone wins in the end anyway? We are children of the one true God above.

I love you

Q

I'm not actually enjoying this gimmick. Either take it up a notch, to Time Cube / Bob Dobbs church of the SubGenius levels or maybe cut it back?

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

pseudanonymous posted:

I'm not actually enjoying this gimmick. Either take it up a notch, to Time Cube / Bob Dobbs church of the SubGenius levels or maybe cut it back?

How would you suggest I change up my strategy?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Big Trouble in Little China is more qanon's thing. It has an underground fight in secret tunnels and naughty immigrants who steal a white woman.

so help me god this thread better not turn on Big Trouble in Little China

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Bobulus posted:

The pineal gland thing is way older than X-files. I remember it being a plot point in a 1960s b-movie on MST3K.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Leech_Woman

Descartes.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Qultists apparently jumped onto "Under the Silver Lake", a good-weird-but-flawed movie about a guy unravelling a conspiracy in Hollywood involving missing women and containing a bunch of codes and conspiracy-theory logic/weirdness in it. If you're into Lynchian weirdness it's highly recommended, if a hot mess in places.

Irony/Spoiler: The main character who's trying to unravel this grand conspiracy is intentionally framed by the movie as being the hero, but in reality is at best a creep/predator, and at worst probably a serial killer in the making. Said main character really doesn't give a gently caress about helping anyone, and as soon as he realizes he's not getting laid by the woman he's chasing he's basically done. He's not a hero unravelling a grand plot, he's a terrible human being seeing himself as the goofy hero and I feel like that irony is lost on the Qult.

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009

stillvisions posted:

Qultists apparently jumped onto "Under the Silver Lake", a good-weird-but-flawed movie about a guy unravelling a conspiracy in Hollywood involving missing women and containing a bunch of codes and conspiracy-theory logic/weirdness in it. If you're into Lynchian weirdness it's highly recommended, if a hot mess in places.

Irony/Spoiler: The main character who's trying to unravel this grand conspiracy is intentionally framed by the movie as being the hero, but in reality is at best a creep/predator, and at worst probably a serial killer in the making. Said main character really doesn't give a gently caress about helping anyone, and as soon as he realizes he's not getting laid by the woman he's chasing he's basically done. He's not a hero unravelling a grand plot, he's a terrible human being seeing himself as the goofy hero and I feel like that irony is lost on the Qult.

Ah drat that sucks, I really liked that movie.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
That movie is a wild mess, I really liked it.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
You know what ol' JFK Jr always says at a time like this?

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Randabis posted:

How would you suggest I change up my strategy?

Well you started a thread just for it already, maybe that would be the best place.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

BUT HERE YOU ARE

90s Cringe Rock posted:

"I wish I'd paid attention during the night flying lessons"

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Bronze Fonz posted:

Well you started a thread just for it already, maybe that would be the best place.

10 4 good buddy carry on.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

stillvisions posted:

This was all obvious to me when I watched the movie but the fact that he really faces no real hardships or consequences and the fact that woman constantly throw themselves at him despite his awfulness totally turned me off of the film.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Cacator posted:

This was all obvious to me when I watched the movie but the fact that he really faces no real hardships or consequences and the fact that woman constantly throw themselves at him despite his awfulness totally turned me off of the film.

That's fair. I feel like it was very much by design in this case given the rest of the movie's feelings about gender and Hollywood, but I can also understand why it makes it not something people would like. Like, he gets the protagonist's gaze no matter how reprehensible he is for the same reason that the underlying conspiracy is a metaphor for "Hollywood treats woman as disposable". I'm always torn over awful characters, but I kinda feel like this one worked with the overall thesis of the movie, but to each their own.

indiscriminately
Jan 19, 2007

Cacator posted:

But none of the women actually like him or have any respect for him. They're all just bored.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
A recent youtube video made me aware of the fact that mirrors of the ancient Bonsai Kitten site are still online. I should start posting them to QAnon groups, warning them of this horror. Maybe exposure to "babby's first internet hoax" will make them finally realize how stupid they're being.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
What, you think Socks just died of old age?

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Sucrose posted:

A recent youtube video made me aware of the fact that mirrors of the ancient Bonsai Kitten site are still online. I should start posting them to QAnon groups, warning them of this horror. Maybe exposure to "babby's first internet hoax" will make them finally realize how stupid they're being.

This is Qanon we are talking about. You'd probably trigger some maniac to storm a single storey pet shop with an AR15 looking for the cellar.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011

Sucrose posted:

Speaking of ancient internet hoaxes, I learned through the QAnon Anonymous pod that some of the Qs still believe in John Titor, which I found pretty amusing.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

This is Qanon we are talking about. You'd probably trigger some maniac to storm a single storey pet shop with an AR15 looking for the cellar.

I just figure we need to build them up gradually to using common sense by introducing them to the most simplistic and obvious hoaxes and letting them discover on their own that they're not real. Once they've figured out one, maybe they'll make the leap.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

I'm surprised they haven't come up with red-string explanations for the typos in Trump's impeachment response yesterday

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Euphoriaphone posted:

I'm surprised they haven't come up with red-string explanations for the typos in Trump's impeachment response yesterday

Soon bro soon. Had to order extra red string after the last covfefe incident

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Sucrose posted:

I just figure we need to build them up gradually to using common sense by introducing them to the most simplistic and obvious hoaxes and letting them discover on their own that they're not real. Once they've figured out one, maybe they'll make the leap.

Something even simpler maybe. Painting a tunnel entrance on a brick wall with a sign saying "secret underground prison here" and after rebounding enough they'll eventually work it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

"For the last time, my name is Vincent Fuchsia"?