Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
assuming this is the new line of games that'll be sold at big box stores. like blitz bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

assuming this is the new line of games that'll be sold at big box stores. like blitz bowl
Probably, and that's terrible, since I won't be able to get them.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

Three new GW boxed games coming soon:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/03/peek-inside-three-new-warhammer-boxed-games-arriving-in-2021/

I can't tell what's up with Bladeborn - is it just a new season of Underworld? Is it a fully new game that looks exactly like Underworld? I'm confused.

I hope fireteam is fun, that looks cool so far from the preview.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

Three new GW boxed games coming soon:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/03/peek-inside-three-new-warhammer-boxed-games-arriving-in-2021/

I can't tell what's up with Bladeborn - is it just a new season of Underworld? Is it a fully new game that looks exactly like Underworld? I'm confused.

It looks like they're simplified board games aimed at the bookstore market, like Blitz Bowl. I would not expect to see them outside of the UK, and they're not going to replace any "main" games like Underworld.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

:actually: ...previously those kinds of games were US Barnes & Noble exclusives. The batch last year were the first ones available in Germany and (maybe?) the UK. Lotsa Euro-grogs were upset that they weren't able to get the first edition of Blitz Bowl.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Last night I saw an image of the Crud Creek Nosepickers for the first time and immediately ordered a box. I don't even own Blood Bowl and probably won't play it for a long time, but those little jerks are great. You get so many of them, too.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Here's the next Underworlds warband, Hedkrakka’s Madmob

and a teaser for another member of the warband

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Do Warhammer Quest games require someone in the GM role, or are they meant to be played co-op? Cursed City is looking very cool and I'd like to know what sort of expectations there are as to how it will play.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
The original had optional support for a GM. The new ones do not, although you can probably figure out how to fit one in pretty easily if you want.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The 40k one was meant to be played without a gm and had a section for playing with fewer people. All of the npcs have ai cards to control what they do. I can't see them changing much up for this game.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Cool, thanks for the info!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Looking into this, this it changed up a lot.

Silver Tower the first AoS Warhammer Quest was GMless. Shadows Over Hammerhal the second one was intended to use a GM. Blackstone Fortress is GMless unless five people are playing, in that case the fifth player takes control of the monsters and has a GM like role.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Feb 6, 2021

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Picked up Khagra's Ravagers, looks like GW has bumped up the price on warbands? I don't remember my previous ones costing me $50 CAD.

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Picked up Khagra's Ravagers, looks like GW has bumped up the price on warbands? I don't remember my previous ones costing me $50 CAD.

Yup, they went from 33$ US to 40$ US from jan 2020 to now, with a slight 35$ step on the one before this

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.
Maybe it was a stealth price hike to help offset the Brexit poo poo? I dunno.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

New orc and a Ossiarch silhouette

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

I've never liked Ossiarchs, but that silhouette looks pretty cool.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Pretty sure we've seen the axe of the new silhouette in one of the rumour engines too

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Miles O'Brian posted:

Pretty sure we've seen the axe of the new silhouette in one of the rumour engines too

yep

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

Plz state the nature of the medical emergency
Hey y'all. I cannot for the life of me find this information online, so I'll pull from the goonmind.

My friend has purchased the Blood Bowl starter set, so he has all the bits and rule book etc.

I want to play with him so I've bought - and am currently painting - the Skavenblight Scramblers.

However, is it true that the rules for the Skaven are in the core book? Does this mean it would probably make sense for me to buy the rule book separately?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

DrDraxium posted:

Hey y'all. I cannot for the life of me find this information online, so I'll pull from the goonmind.

My friend has purchased the Blood Bowl starter set, so he has all the bits and rule book etc.

I want to play with him so I've bought - and am currently painting - the Skavenblight Scramblers.

However, is it true that the rules for the Skaven are in the core book? Does this mean it would probably make sense for me to buy the rule book separately?

The rules for all of the teams are in the core book, except for a handful of very old teams that are no longer sold.

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

Plz state the nature of the medical emergency

Cease to Hope posted:

The rules for all of the teams are in the core book, except for a handful of very old teams that are no longer sold.

Thanks!

Also I've enjoyed the Kill Team for/against discussions on the previous pages. As someone with the OG starter set sitting on his shelf, it's been enlightening to hear both sides of the argument.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

I've never liked Ossiarchs, but that silhouette looks pretty cool.

Agreed. If the WHU trend continues, the warband models will actually look good, regardless of the core army models.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
So the new warhammer quest: is it a good game? I played Silver Tower once and thought it was so devoid of strategy that I could have rolled a pile of dice at the start and used that to determine whether I would win. Those new minis look great though so I’m hoping the newer editions have been a little better.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
It's not out yet. But, if we assume GW is keeping up with the quality of Blackstone Fortress, then yes, it should be a good game (albeit expensive.)

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 21, 2021

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

the fart question posted:

So the new warhammer quest: is it a good game? I played Silver Tower once and thought it was so devoid of strategy that I could have rolled a pile of dice at the start and used that to determine whether I would win. Those new minis look great though so I’m hoping the newer editions have been a little better.

I think that depends a lot on what you consider "strategy". Blackstone fortress is still pretty drat luck dependent, but if you want you can watch a playthrough of a couple missions on youtube to get a feel for the mechanics.

thocan
Jan 18, 2014

Crackbone posted:

I think that depends a lot on what you consider "strategy". Blackstone fortress is still pretty drat luck dependent, but if you want you can watch a playthrough of a couple missions on youtube to get a feel for the mechanics.

Yeah, I was on the fence about blackstone fortress, and the mechanics didn't look super strong in the few videos I watched. I'm hoping Cursed City builds on the system a bit, but the flavor might be enough to sell me on the game.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Started cracking into Khagra's Ravagers, the new Chaos Warriors are really wonderful stuff. Too much armor, too many weapons, time to kick rear end for the dark gods!

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

thocan posted:

Yeah, I was on the fence about blackstone fortress, and the mechanics didn't look super strong in the few videos I watched. I'm hoping Cursed City builds on the system a bit, but the flavor might be enough to sell me on the game.

blackstone fortress is ok but theres too much time spent on setup so we decided to never play it again because its simply not good enough for the time you need to play it.

thocan
Jan 18, 2014

Slaapaav posted:

blackstone fortress is ok but theres too much time spent on setup so we decided to never play it again because its simply not good enough for the time you need to play it.

I'm intimately familiar with games like that. All of my Arkham Horror stuff, my buddy's copy of Gloomhaven, etc. I've been on the fence about buying or building a game table with a recessed play area and covers, just so I can leave stuff set up for a few days without the cats scattering bits everywhere.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Started cracking into Khagra's Ravagers, the new Chaos Warriors are really wonderful stuff. Too much armor, too many weapons, time to kick rear end for the dark gods!

Nice! I've never fully got into fantasy or AoS but am really tempted to get some of the new style chaos warriors, maybe for Warcry or something.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Welp, I gave in and preordered Pariah Nexus since I wanted all of those units and terrain anyway. Since it's my birthday I also ordered the Kill Team base set, whoops. The Space Wolves were too cool looking.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Just got home from a mad game of Necromunda: we had 8 players on one table (outlaws vs Law abiding) with an execution in the center and a lot of different gangs with different opinions..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMHd4ZkHRUl

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMGVMDpHNJi

The other table had an Enforcer bunker assault: I didn't get any photos of that but the criminals got pushed out.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Has there been any release date for the Necromunda Water Guilders? Because holy moly I need that not-Big Daddy in my collection :stwoon:

How do the Guilds work out of interest? Are they hangers-on that are easier to recruit for specific houses (Slaver Kings for Goliath, Water Guilders for Escher etc.)? If so I'd best start building those Eschers I've had lying around for ages.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 8, 2021

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Alliances are available for everyone. Some houses have an affinity for a particular alliance and the benefit they get is that they can ignore testing the alliance the first time. It's a nice bonus. The new info on the alliances is a lot better because there are a lot more ways to guarantee that your alliance forces will turn up to a battle ~ my House Ulanti guys will always turn up if I'm fighting a gang allied with a noble house or an outlaw alliance ~ pretty good at higher reputation levels and with a lot of different opponents. ~ read the bonuses carefully! The Pyromantic enclave, for example, can turn on and off the lights.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Has there been any release date for the Necromunda Water Guilders? Because holy moly I need that not-Big Daddy in my collection :stwoon:

How do the Guilds work out of interest? Are they hangers-on that are easier to recruit for specific houses (Slaver Kings for Goliath, Water Guilders for Escher etc.)? If so I'd best start building those Eschers I've had lying around for ages.

They are Alliances. Any non-Outlaw gang can make an Alliance with a guild (there are some other options for criminal organisations which offer Alliance options to Outlaw gangs). The only benefit from Escher to Water Guild, Goliath to Slavers etc is they are 'Strong Alliances', meaning you get one free chance to piss off your allies before there's a chance they break the alliance and leave you.

So the only barrier to having an Alliance is Outlaw vs non-Outlaw, which for a lot of groups' campaigns may not even be tracked. And of course does the arbitrator and group consensus agree with using them. The free models alone are pretty drat strong in some cases, so I wouldn't advise bringing them to the start of a campaign unless everyone in your group is down with it and has made similar arrangements.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Here is a sampling of the Epic Vostroyans I'm working on.

Really happy with the Shadowsword, it was a great model to paint. I kinda want more just to paint them.

I'm not happy with these guys yet, I've got a heap of them to paint but just can't seems to figure them out. They also photo terribly. I've tried one with a lighter brown as the base on the bearskin hat and that seems a bit better. They just haven't felt truly Vostroyan to me yet. Obviously it's super important to get the infantry right. I've also got some stormtroopers converted but not painted or put on bases. They have masks + hellguns (sorta), happy with them, but they are a ton of work.

Happy with how these paint up, I kinda want to replace all these Chimera proxies with ones that look a lot more like the real thing. What's another 20 something vehicles shipped from Europe?

The first command strip I made, I'm working on better ones now.

The commissar's hat really looks bad in this. The hat is angled upwards, so it looks super thick here, the brim is actually very thin.

I need way more of these.

I love how these turned out, I've got a full company done now, almost all based.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
The Epic guys are super cute :)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I'm finally assembling and painting the Escher gang I bought like a year ago.

I've been planning on doing a hair metal themed gang for forever.

Unfortunately the guitars that I had 3d printed were originally intended for noise marines so I made them a bit bigger and they don't actually look good on normal humans.

Fortunately I have some other noise marine guitars that are smaller and look good on human scale. I'm going to kitbash it so instead of a chem thrower its a guitar and instead of a chem-synth its an amp.

I can still use the full-size guitars as relics :)

I've also got some little computer speakers that I'll be using as "noise grenades" and the special edition 80s noise marine as my fluff slaanesh cult leader. (headcannon: he was left behind on some battlefield on a demon planet when other emperor's children assumed he was dead and left, walked through a chaos portal and got spat out on Necromunda where he started converting gangers to chaos)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
That loving slaps and Escher are the perfect gang for it. Can't wait to see it!