Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The show should open with one of the brothers asking a question if they don't have a bit ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Travis was on point all ep

Justice N was just sorta checked out but being called on it was pretty good

6/10 ep

Not bad

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I would like to see Clint as the Guest Justin for an episode.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Clint should sub in for a different brother every week.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
So many horrible threads coming together:

https://kinjadeals.theinventory.com/get-these-completely-cursed-buff-pokemon-statues-for-1846189449

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
When the gently caress are they finally going to have Merlin Mann on as a guest?

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020
Every week we get closer and closer to them giving up and releasing the Forbidden Live Shows so they can have a couple weeks off.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

for the first time since june i'm caught up to mbmbam, hurray

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"I'm glad the podcast is going to stop being funny" is rich coming from Mr. Bleep Blorp over here after the last three episodes

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Ted Cruz doing episode #420 would rock. I'm imagining they give him a powerful edible and start to shove him around.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Me and the boys when the teacher said she needed someone strong to move something.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i also fell behind 400 posts in the thread and i enjoyed the episodes i listened too in that time a lot! wonder what the correlation is there

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I gotta admit, Travis improving having a sensual situational homosexual relationship with Matthew McConaughey was fairly loving brilliant.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Travis stomping into the cannibal zone while Griffin desperately tried to stop him was good too.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Shinjobi posted:

Travis stomping into the cannibal zone while Griffin desperately tried to stop him was good too.

That was Justin who wanted to eat Dolly Parton.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

kidcoelacanth posted:

i also fell behind 400 posts in the thread and i enjoyed the episodes i listened too in that time a lot! wonder what the correlation is there

honestly you probably didn't if they had travis

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

The bleep blorp bits are actually good, sorry about your bad taste everyone.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Bip Roberts posted:

honestly you probably didn't if they had travis

honestly, respect for taking the bait and doubling down

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Ok, simmer down. This ain’t Reddit.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Previa_fun posted:

they should either drop some of the bits and do more questions or drop the bits and the pretense of being an advice show and just be milquetoast cum town. Hearing the three just riff would be funnier than munch squad or any of travis's godawful bits

This was my conclusion last week.

Justin has to know that just playing audio from a trailer for the better half of a minute is just audio poison, right? He just keeps doing it though.

I otherwise really enjoying the episode

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's just been an incredibly weird energy so far this year.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Maybe Justin is evolving as a performer and is experimenting with anti-humor.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Waffleman_ posted:

It's just been an incredibly weird energy so far this year.

No bones about it.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I will say that I think he genuinely enjoys it and probably should start a separate very niche podcast that's mainly listened to by people in the PR and advertising industry.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ymzF6Bhdw

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

AndrewP posted:

I will say that I think he genuinely enjoys it and probably should start a separate very niche podcast that's mainly listened to by people in the PR and advertising industry.

He already makes the Empty Bowl podcast.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

I gave that a try the other day. It's terrible.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

Is my impression about that podcast incorrect in that I believe it is an ASMR podcast where some middle aged dudes talk about breakfast cereals in the most boring way possible in order to relax listeners?

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Is my impression about that podcast incorrect in that I believe it is an ASMR podcast where some middle aged dudes talk about breakfast cereals in the most boring way possible in order to relax listeners?
I might be splitting hairs, but as someone who finds ASMR unspeakably irritating, I wouldn’t call it ASMR. But sure, they deliberately speak gently, and it’s intended to be as chill and low stress as possible. Sort of the opposite of a morning zoo.
I’m also a middle aged dude who likes cereal more than most, so I enjoy it. I get why it’s not for everyone, but it’s definitely not the worst McElroy podcast.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

the empty bowl is the podcast you put on in the background while you're at home by yourself vacuuming or whatever. It's good company, but I couldn't quote you a single thing that has ever happened in it.

I used to listen to it while I was at the climbing wall, because it didn't matter if I was paying attention to what they're saying. it's just a familiar voice making white noise so I could concentrate on my footwork or whatever, and zone back in when I was taking a break.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Is uncooked pasta in milk cereal though?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Well, it's not soup

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Tears In A Vial posted:

the empty bowl is the podcast you put on in the background while you're at home by yourself vacuuming or whatever
this describes all podcasts

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
It seems to have a nice solid connection with the fan base tbh and yeah it's chill energy.

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020
Just caught up.to last week's episode. Travis and Griffin just doing a no-sell on Justin's attempted Might Ducks watch was brutal. Murdered by his own brothers on his own podcast.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

History definitely proved them right on that one

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Grunch Worldflower posted:

Just caught up.to last week's episode. Travis and Griffin just doing a no-sell on Justin's attempted Might Ducks watch was brutal. Murdered by his own brothers on his own podcast.

It reminded me very much of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1seFd4rRtKY

Except It was so lacking of humor that Griffin didn't even try to save it. It was just bad.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

It reminded me very much of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1seFd4rRtKY

Except It was so lacking of humor that Griffin didn't even try to save it. It was just bad.

I like this clip because they actually made making GBS threads on his bit funny. Very often they do that and it's just uncomfortable.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Travis has a joke in the first 5 minutes of this week's that had me rolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
PBMC2 is becoming reality:

https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/1358868342753267713?s=20