Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Oh cool IPOF is doing some AH work. Props to whoever sold me on that. You know who you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Rolo posted:

Oh cool IPOF is doing some AH work. Props to whoever sold me on that. You know who you are.

Rumors of IPOF stealing Lucid or a Joby (aviation, not tripods) deal.

LOL, Joby seems to based on one tweet?
"The CEO is following 59 people. 1 of them is @chamath"
DD baby!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

MAYO FETISH posted:

CRHC is climbing slowly AH. Now at $11.30. No news today about it.

so SPACs are just like pinatas that get hoisted up with hype

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.

PokeJoe posted:

Exactly. Buy near NAV and let the others hoist the piñata for you. Sell before the bag holders smash the piñata and discover it’s actually a bankrupt company in a highly competitive and low margin industry.

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
They honestly feel like it. Big names, hot industry with brand recognition or established presence in the field, and stoking some hype = chef's kiss.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Bought a few shares of both CRHC and IPOF. Follow the big money my dad always said, and you can bag hold when they get out :v:

Currently holding AACQ, BTAQ, CCIV, CRHC, IPOF for SPACs and then AAPL, NDRA, and CRTX for regular type poo poo. 🚀🚀🚀🚀

edit: fixed NDRA's location in my list :v:

tangy yet delightful fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 4, 2021

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

PokeJoe posted:

more of a lootbox

mongeese
Mar 30, 2003

If you think in fractals...
I think the worst SPAC I ever bought was FMCI. I made money off of it, but it turned into some company called The Tattooed Chef that sells veggie meals in grocery stores/costco. I think the stock has been fine since then though, but just wasn't expecting frozen meals or whatever.

Anyways, I'm now in CCIV, NGAC, and HZON. I hope I end up with something cool with them. I randomly bought a bit of VCVC that announced with REE and am already up 8% on it today.

mongeese
Mar 30, 2003

If you think in fractals...

tangy yet delightful posted:

Bought a few shares of both CRHC and IPOF. Follow the big money my dad always said, and you can bag hold when they get out :v:

Currently holding AACQ, BTAQ, CCIV, CRHC, IPOF, NDRA for SPACs and then AAPL and CRTX for regular type poo poo. 🚀🚀🚀🚀

I thought NDRA was a normie company.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

mongeese posted:

I mean, it's a penny stock biotech company. But you're right that it's not a SPAC.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

mongeese posted:

Yeah that's my bad was quickly smashing a post down and put it in the wrong place.

sausage king of Chicago
Jun 13, 2001

GrandmaParty posted:

Someone also put down $22.5 million on IPOF commons right at the 4p.m. close too. Something is afoot.

where do you find info like this?

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I bought FTOC for $11.49 on 1/26, sold today for $14.13. I'll take 23% in 9 days.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

I mentioned it in the discord earlier, but I'm working on OP's spreadsheet in a google doc, but I'm adding to it with IEXcloud API to give it more real-time data

Feel free to check it out:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nY4qdXxF49EMsEdYjTRb2O4E2ouysUk7VymlWY4BVQ4/edit?usp=sharing

edit: Any suggestions for other data to add are more than welcome

seance snacks fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 4, 2021

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Kind of hoping for a down day tomorrow or Friday to get my FTOC money into something else.

Looking at FPAC, FGNA or SVAC (or BTAQ if it goes down another 2-3%.) Tell me what to buy.

e: just checked AH charts and looks like I might be too late on SVAC

Wifi Toilet fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Feb 4, 2021

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Wifi Toilet posted:

Kind of hoping for a down day tomorrow or Friday to get my FTOC money into something else.

Looking at FPAC, FGNA or SVAC (or BTAQ if it goes down another 2-3%.) Tell me what to buy.

e: just checked AH charts and looks like I might be too late on SVAC

All those are good. I'm investigating twct and avan too.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all
Thanks for this thread.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Rolo posted:

Gang gang.

I’m breaking rules on IPOF with how heavily I’m long, both shares and calls. Hopefully tomorrow will be good.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Just a heads up, the spreadsheet is set so anyone can view it, but to use the "Choose a Symbol" dropdown menu for more info on each ticker you'll have to request editing permissions (or PM me your e-mail and I'll add you manually)

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Any thoughts on VGAC? Buddy was taking a look at it; it's rumored to be linked to 23andMe and Virgin Orbit.

$13.47 already though

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
Slid into PIPP yesterday! What are the thread's opinions on HZON and CRHC (too late to the boat on my end on that last one?)

Thanks for all the resources as well, it's been fun getting into SPAC town :)

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
OP list just updated. I added a bunch more under $11 with good management team experience and a removed RPLA which has been a total dud. I would have added VGAC as of yesterday, but that ship has sailed as far as I'm concerned.

HZON/CRHC are strong buys IMO. 500 million plus Trusts and still pretty cheap.

Churchill
Nov 27, 2007
Winston
https://mobile.twitter.com/HindenburgRes/status/1357317294473547777

Will this have any consequence for the IPOF price? I mean it SHOULD but lol markets etc. Pre-market nothing much is happening yet.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Late on IPOF, but my limit buy I set on opening did happen to trigger at 15.02. Noice.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Churchill posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/HindenburgRes/status/1357317294473547777

Will this have any consequence for the IPOF price? I mean it SHOULD but lol markets etc. Pre-market nothing much is happening yet.

Maybe a slight pullback. Everyone knew IPOC was garbage.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
please stop going down cciv thanks

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

thats not candy posted:

seriously

sausage king of Chicago
Jun 13, 2001
anyone holding onto FTOC? i'm up 20% and not sure when to sell.

I'm following this on stocktwits and people on there are saying they're going to hold on to it for a long time, as the company has a good chance of succeeding. I know this goes against the wisdom of selling before merger, but I assume there are exceptions. Problem is, I have no idea here. Sell or hold?

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Any good SPAC-specific Twitter follows out there?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

thats not candy posted:

same

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

What’s going on with FTOC here? Why are there two separate firms investigating?

https://apple.news/A1Fgz9f-4StqHB7PNBuAsXA

https://apple.news/AgLVEoHQ6TqC2OcHEWBgFiQ

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Thom and the Heads posted:

Any good SPAC-specific Twitter follows out there?

Gillian Tan. She's a bloomberg deals reporter.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Yeah, it's got my mouse finger all twitchy.

E: CCIV, I mean

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

thats not candy posted:

Nothing matters but the DA. Either they sign or call off talks.

IPOD/IPOF on sale today due to IPOC news. Good day to buy.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

https://apple.news/A1Fgz9f-4StqHB7PNBuAsXA

https://apple.news/AgLVEoHQ6TqC2OcHEWBgFiQ

Are they separate? It seems like the press releases are the exact same.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

Tortilla Maker posted:

Regarding CCIV:

Are people bailing because they don't think an acquisition (generally) is happening in the near-term?

Or because they don't think Lucid is a realistic acquisition?

Or do people not think it'll go above $40 regardless of acquisition news?

Trying to understand why people would sale now and not play the longer game? (But then again, I'm buying with money I can afford to lose...)

GrandmaParty posted:

We think it'll dip and buy back in.

Beginning to think I should have sold as well...

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

TheWevel posted:

Are they separate? It seems like the press releases are the exact same.

They’re two different law firms with two different contact informations.

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

This happens every single SPAC deal. These are ambulance chaser lawyers hunting for someone inside who wants to whine about something. They never turn up anything substantive and can just be ignored. I think one found something on an EV SPAC that led to an amended SEC filing (and about 30 seconds of panic before everyone realized it was nothing).

sausage king of Chicago posted:

anyone holding onto FTOC? i'm up 20% and not sure when to sell.

I'm following this on stocktwits and people on there are saying they're going to hold on to it for a long time, as the company has a good chance of succeeding. I know this goes against the wisdom of selling before merger, but I assume there are exceptions. Problem is, I have no idea here. Sell or hold?

I sold some calls instead of selling yesterday, but only on what I had left after rumor announcement (~30%). I'm out after those expire in Feb (or get assigned at exactly 15 inshallah).

Do not pay attention to stocktwits or reddit comments. Everyone is saying they are holding their 10,000,000 shares forever because the target is the best company ever and the price should be currentprice*4. Not just FTOC, literally every one.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Tortilla Maker posted:

Beginning to think I should have sold as well...

yeah i could have timed these swings better. i think it'll end the week well above 30 though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Anyone know anything about FPAC? Fintech at 10.60