Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Intentionally ignoring that a non-zero percentage of the weirdos at the capitol protest where college educated to some degree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Defenestrategy posted:

Intentionally ignoring that a non-zero percentage of the weirdos at the capitol protest where college educated to some degree.

Yeah, this could backfire. There’s a non-trivial amount of educated people who have bought into QAnon.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

MazelTovCocktail posted:

We have a lawyer discord?

I'm picturing something like the old Maryland attorneys listserve.

"HELLO I'm a patent attorney in DC and my neighbor's kid got arrested for a drug possession charge, what form do I file to be his counsel also does anyone have suggestions for a DUI defense? Where is the courthouse in PG County located. THANK YOU."

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
STEM types take to conspiracies like moths to a flame. I've known more than one engineer who legitimately believes the earth is flat.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Makes sense to me, if someone is a Q person there is no reaching them.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Arven posted:

STEM types take to conspiracies like moths to a flame. I've known more than one engineer who legitimately believes the earth is flat.

The term for that is "educated beyond their intelligence"

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Yeah, this could backfire. There’s a non-trivial amount of educated people who have bought into QAnon.

Belief in insane conspiracy theories doesn't discriminate by education, but Qanon is still fairly fringe—the most recent polling I can find indicates that even among Republicans, only 24 percent of those who have heard about the conspiracy actually believe in it (Which is still a horrifying number). There's definitely room here for the Dems to tar Republicans with the "insane extremist" brush, which may help them in holding on to the gains they made in the suburbs in 2018 and 2020.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Untagged posted:

I'm picturing something like the old Maryland attorneys listserve.

"HELLO I'm a patent attorney in DC and my neighbor's kid got arrested for a drug possession charge, what form do I file to be his counsel also does anyone have suggestions for a DUI defense? Where is the courthouse in PG County located. THANK YOU."

Sounds like Avvo (and oh boy do they have some weird questions), just with only lawyers asking question.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Defenestrategy posted:

Has anyone checked to see if there's a John Barron account on twitter making increasingly unhinged posts?

Also “John Miller” and “Carolin Gallego”

Arven posted:

Engineers are heavily overrepresented in terrorist groups, and it’s not because they’re recruited for their technical skills.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Lou Takki posted:

Makes sense to me, if someone is a Q person there is no reaching them.

Sure there is. It’s called “involuntary psychiatric hold”.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kazinsal posted:

Sure there is. It’s called “involuntary psychiatric hold”.

302(a) in the Commonwealth of PA....and boy some of those people could use it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1357142928385314820

Secret ballot. She thought they were wimps and she was right.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1357142928385314820

Secret ballot. She thought they were wimps and she was right.

So only 1/3 of the House Republican caucus thinks that being an ultraconservative nightmare is less important than being an openly fascist nightmare.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
its not like the Dems havent been catering their message to college educated whites for the past thirty years

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Stultus Maximus posted:

So only 1/3 of the House Republican caucus thinks that being an ultraconservative nightmare is less important than being an openly fascist nightmare.

I prefer to just giggle at poo poo like this, from Gaetz's political director:

https://twitter.com/LukeTBall/status/1357072554691805187

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gently caress the cheney family forever but goddamn, them trying to gnaw her off like a leg caught in a beartrap is some insanity

smart move to call em out

https://twitter.com/AlexThomas/status/1357142741784870914

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 4, 2021

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Godamn, when Dick Cheney outliberals you...

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/SecDef/status/1357163616361996288?s=20

Good idea but gonna be weird and result in no change when III% troops talk with COVID conspiracy commanders

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Maybe they can include DA civilians. They were the loving worst in TRADOC.

I'll never forget my first day. Some piece of poo poo wore some sort of Texas succession T-shirt that went something like "you're lucky we don't invade you!"

God, that still makes me so mad.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Biden cleaning house.

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1357168296177655808?s=20
https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1357170786260377600?s=20

There's a thread. I, for one, am shocked, shocked I tell you, that at-will employment and the unitary executive could backfire for federal appointees.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/sarahnferris/status/1356962374922735617

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I can't believe not a single D member has shown up open carrying yet.

They should.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

With AKs, SKS, and Makarovs.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

I can't believe not a single D member has shown up open carrying yet.

They should.

So they can... what? panic fire into a wall? Shoot a staffer? ND into their own foot?

I don't see why you wouldn't hire bodyguards instead, senior congress critters have enough money and pull for that, gun enthusiasts barely train enough for that sbit let alone some 78 yr old congressman whose probably never needed a threat greater than "my daddy owns the company"

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Defenestrategy posted:

"my daddy owns the company"

But enough about sitting US Senator Jon Ossoff... -_-

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Defenestrategy posted:

So they can... what? panic fire into a wall? Shoot a staffer? ND into their own foot?

I don't see why you wouldn't hire bodyguards instead, senior congress critters have enough money and pull for that, gun enthusiasts barely train enough for that sbit let alone some 78 yr old congressman whose probably never needed a threat greater than "my daddy owns the company"

Yeah but if you allow bodyguards into the chamber now there’s like 1000 people in there. Alternately we get a bunch of roided out Blackwater Xe Triple Canopy Academi dudes chest bumping with the DynCorp guys in the lobby during sessions.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Midjack posted:

Yeah but if you allow bodyguards into the chamber now there’s like 1000 people in there. Alternately we get a bunch of roided out Blackwater Xe Triple Canopy Academi dudes chest bumping with the DynCorp guys in the lobby during sessions.

I didn't say it was a great solution but certainly better than Schumer and Pelosi reenacting that picture of the old lady holding a pistol like a water hose. If for no greater reason than I would die from lack of oxygen seeing Pelosi with a Derringer or something equally ridiculous

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Defenestrategy posted:

I didn't say it was a great solution but certainly better than Schumer and Pelosi reenacting that picture of the old lady holding a pistol like a water hose. If for no greater reason than I would die from lack of oxygen seeing Pelosi with a Derringer or something equally ridiculous

I can’t decide if a tiny .22 or some monster hand cannon would be funnier.

edit: relevant card from an ancient ccg:

Midjack fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Feb 4, 2021

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

Before he sewed on E-5, Sergeant Chowdown was desperate for any community service he could get.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

NSA WIZARD posted:

SHE CAN'T AFFORD ME

can I light a blunt w that?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Scientists discover a bug that pulled off most GiPers ideal nuclear war scenario:

Rare 50 million-year-old fossilized bug flashes its penis for posterity

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Soylent Pudding posted:

Scientists discover a bug that pulled off most GiPers ideal nuclear war scenario:

Rare 50 million-year-old fossilized bug flashes its penis for posterity

https://pbfcomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/PBF257-One_Time_Thing.png

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Midjack posted:

Solution: Deputize Gritty and have him stand against the wall behind the Republicans. He doesn't have to be visibly armed, he just stands there. And stares.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Solution: Deputize Gritty and have him stand against the wall behind the Republicans. He doesn't have to be visibly armed, he just stands there. And stares.

https://twitter.com/GrittyNHL/status/1357175744988934145

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/02/03/biden-stimulus-checks-what-you-need-to-know

I can't read the whole article because wapo wants money for their trash magazine and I won't pay it, but looks like democrats are trying to forcefully unelect themselves. Stimulus checks of $1400 for people making under 50k and $2800 for married couples I guess making under 100k.

Good to see the senate and house both flip in 2022 coming from here.

Edit: based on the 2019 tax year

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/02/03/biden-stimulus-checks-what-you-need-to-know

I can't read the whole article because wapo wants money for their trash magazine and I won't pay it, but looks like democrats are trying to forcefully unelect themselves. Stimulus checks of $1400 for people making under 50k and $2800 for married couples I guess making under 100k.

under $50k in 2020 or 2019 cause that's a big difference as well

edit: saw edit, so a lot of people are just going to miss out on checks, GJ everyone involved in means testing

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Edit: based on the 2019 tax year

There's a lot of rumors swirling around that being to pry out possible GOP votes, so far it doesn't seem to actually be happening.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I will wait and see what actually gets signed before judgement. The dems maybe stupid enough to do lies with accounting, but surely they aren't suicidally stupid.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

So assuming you believe 600 under Trump + 1400 under Dems = 2k under Dems, even by those terms everyone who made more than 50k in 2019 (regardless of 2020 income) are still getting the promise broken.

Also it looks like UI will be less than under the cares act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
We couldn’t pry out GOP votes with a team of proctologists and forceps.