Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

ive had roasted crickets on a ritz cracker before and they were pretty tasty. then again most things on a ritz cracker tastes good. ritz: accelerating your life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I had a scorpion pizza as part of an ooooh spooky halloween promo at a local joint and they tasted good and normal? A little nutty but otherwise they just taste like whatever you cook them with

Trabisnikof posted:

ive had roasted crickets on a ritz cracker before and they were pretty tasty. then again most things on a ritz cracker tastes good. ritz: accelerating your life

I'd freak out at anything with wings but anything that just crawls around is fair game. Arachnids in particular are suppose to just taste like crab.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Hell yeah, something awful shout-out on today's new qanon anonymous a out how qanon began

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
None of the religions are cool enough to ban eating things with an exoskeleton

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

some french company partnered with ADM down by decatur illinois to make a huge bug protein plant, i think it's mainly for animal feed but hopefully they put out some bug burgers that are like 20 cents a pound or something

in unrelated news, they shut down the last horse meat processing plant in the US, which was in DeKalb, when I was still in college

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Bedshaped posted:

gave me nightmares

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Bedshaped posted:

jains

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ramadu posted:

Hell yeah, something awful shout-out on today's new qanon anonymous a out how qanon began

We are the origin of storms

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Halloween Jack posted:

Bats eat bugs, people are eating bats, the obvious move is to cut out the middleman. Thanks for proving my point with your own logic

*said in Ben Shapiro voice*

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I'd rather eat a grasshopper than a horse. Grasshoppers are powerful and noble creatures. They able to survive through adverse conditions and bring civilizations to their knees.

Horses look pretty but die if you look at them funny. There is no nobility in consuming such weak flesh.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
you may have eaten a horse and you never even knew it.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

how are ants and grasshoppers “clean”

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Paffgen posted:

Bug meat is still murder. I would eat government issues meal bars if they were veg for 67% of meals though, like whatever.

mmm nutraloaf

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Bedshaped posted:

judaism isn't cool?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Halloween Jack posted:

Bats eat bugs, people are eating bats, the obvious move is to cut out the middleman. Thanks for proving my point with your own logic

This is why ive given up hamburgers in favor of just munching on lawns

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
gently caress you, Pat. Three acres of grain tastes terrible with a baked potato

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Halloween Jack posted:

why would bats eat themselves, they aren't cannibals

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

I'd rather eat a grasshopper than a horse. Grasshoppers are powerful and noble creatures. They able to survive through adverse conditions and bring civilizations to their knees.

Horses look pretty but die if you look at them funny. There is no nobility in consuming such weak flesh.

this is why i eat dolphin and chimpanzee instead of beef

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
bats aren’t bugs

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

I'm the guy from the latest cumtown that was eating a bowl of baby rats

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

bats aren’t bugs

shut the gently caress up ms wormwood

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

The Muppets On PCP posted:

judaism isn't cool?

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
Mexican style crickets are real good. you get a bag of them for 10 pesos, add some hot sauce and lime juice, and that’s good eating.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Civilized Fishbot posted:

This dude's a picky eater lmao

oh so were just doing ableism now?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Farm Frenzy posted:

oh so were just doing ableism now?

tendie rights are in full swing! get in on the new social movement sweeping the internet

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

sorry, I don't eat ranch. that's the confederate condiment

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

i say swears online posted:

sorry, I don't eat ranch. that's the confederate condiment

:hmmyes:

Sriracha is the people's condiment, everyone knows that.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
sriracha is pretty low-tier when it comes to chili sauces

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

vinegar-based hot sauces are the way to go

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Deified Data posted:

Seems like something that would feature in some ghoul's great reset strategy, but in any case yeah we probably should be eating bugs

:thaoldme:

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

lol

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
cricket protein is not very bioavailable and i will NOT sacrifice my gains so the 1% can get swole

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

omg is that new, whoever bought that ily

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

crepeface posted:

cricket protein is not very bioavailable

hosed up if true

...but now you got me curious

is there like, a ranking of the bioavailability of plant/non-insect animal/insect proteins?

is cricket *specifically* not as bioavailable, whereas like mealworm protein is?

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the most bioavailable protein is long pig

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Virgil is on Katie Halper's livestream show and it's pretty awkward.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

Mexican style crickets are real good. you get a bag of them for 10 pesos, add some hot sauce and lime juice, and that’s good eating.

I mean I can just get a bag of chips instead. tastes better and has the same seasoning.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Virgil is on Katie Halper's livestream show and it's pretty awkward.

No...awkward? Not our Virgil?!?!

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

The_Rob posted:

I mean I can just get a bag of chips instead. tastes better and has the same seasoning.

I would compare them more to sunflower seeds. it’s one of those things where you have to try it to get why people enjoy them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

sunflower seeds are actually good for you too

i have no patience or virtue of delayed gratification though. just gimme pre-shelled