Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i reCHED THE terrace section of cyberpunk 2076. i was warned of reaching a point of no return, something about assaulting the supposed big baddies at the big shint arasaka tower. i was given the choice, become oen of whichever character i wished to save the world. i chose to shoot myself. did not reload

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

Advanced list inflation techniques.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Xenogears - epic

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Yakuza: Like a Dragon. Extremely good, it manages to be a really good turn-based JRPG while still perfectly capturing the feeling of the Yakuza series. Ichiban was a cool protagonist, I like that at his core he has all the qualities that make Kiryu a good hero but is otherwise like a complete 180 from Kiryu in personality. The rest of the cast was also great, especially the core team of Saeko, Adachi, and Nanba, I can’t wait to see what the four of them get up to next.

There’s a few things that don’t quite come together, after a strong start the story feels kind of aimless for a long time and there are some mechanical issues that I chalk up to the team taking on a whole new, radically-different genre for the first time, but nothing that significantly drags the game down. Looking forward to whatever’s next for the series.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

2. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne (true demon ending, hard mode)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Nice work gamer

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey all main storylines. Way too long of a game lol

BoastfulVirus
Jun 13, 2013

3. Man Of Medan. (Couch Co-op)
Having collectively 2 brain cells to my name I figured out the twist of the game in the first act.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

1. What the Golf (100%)
2. 198X
3. Still There (all achieves)
4. Yakuza 7 (all substories)
5. Paradise Killer

I did like 99% of this game in 2020, but I only just booted it back up to get the credits roll so I could uninstall it.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

1. No More Heroes (Mild, True Ending, All T-Shirts)
3. Abe's Oddysee New n' Tasty (Hard Mode all 299 Mudokons saved): I had this as a kid and started it so many times but could never beat it, it was so hard. To be honest i proabably wouldn't have beaten it this time if they hadn't added Quicksave and load. They had that in Abe's Exxodus though so clearly they realised even back then the original should have had it. Mostly i found it tonnes of fun but the game doesn't control super precisely so it was at it's best when the rooms were just focused on figuring out the puzzles rather than both that and really tight platforming that it wasn't really equipped for. There was also a handful of areas where the timing of a few things seemed broken and i wish they'd tuned those parts of it. Not sure if they were an issue in the original. There were some rooms I thought were total BS then when i figured out the best order to do things they were easily reproducible. The end game also got too fond of soft locking you out of saving Mudokons for arbitrary reasons. In the final level theres two separate puzzles rooms but if you do the first one first you make it impossible to do the second due to a very absurd reason lol. Despite all this i liked it a lot and might even do the speedrun at some point.

What platform did you play Oddworld on? I beat it on PS4 years ago, and then I double dipped on switch and hit what I believe is a game breaking bug.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

AdmiralViscen posted:

AdmiralViscen posted:

1. Sackboy: A Big Adventure (1/13)
2. Jedi: Fallen Order (1/15)

Next is gonna be Hitman 3

3. Hitman 3 (1/27)

Next is gonna be Cyber Shadow

4. Cyber Shadow (1/31)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

• Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • Cyberpunk 2077

meant to post this yesterday but got too drunk.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
1. Yakuza 0
2. Pokemon Shield

Beat the championship. I might mess around with this some more, idk. Barely did anything in the wild area.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
5+ The Lego Ninjago Movie (Platinum Trophy)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I beat the main story of Rune Factory 4S a few days ago. Pretty fun little Harvest Moon style game, the twist being that it’s set in a fantasy world with elves and dwarves and monsters, etc, and there’s a big overworld and dungeons to explore and you can tame monsters in them and stuff. The cast of characters is weird and likable, the story itself wasn’t anything particularly special but had some good feels moments, the game has a really goofy sense of humor that’s lame but endearing somehow, and the basic gameplay loop was fun and addicting, I’d recommend it to anyone who likes Harvest Moon style games.

I was holding out to do a few optional things like getting married and having a kid before adding it to the list but that stuff’s locked behind waiting for events to happen that are triggered at absolute random and even after several real-life days of doing nothing but the absolute minimum to tend my farm and then running around talking to everyone to trigger events I still can’t get the right ones. So gently caress it, I beat the main story, got a little trophy in my house for beating the game, it’s going on the list. I hope 5 has more actual triggers and less RNG, I’ll probably keep at it for a few more days before switching to the Friends of Mineral Town remake for my farming fix.

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Feb 2, 2021

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

AdmiralViscen posted:

What platform did you play Oddworld on? I beat it on PS4 years ago, and then I double dipped on switch and hit what I believe is a game breaking bug.

PS4. What bug brother? And by soft locks I mean they lock you out of rescuing all mudokons rather than stopping you proceeding! So probably a misuse by me

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

’ll probably keep at it for a few more days before switching to the Friends of Mineral Town remake for my farming fix.

Please report back on the remake, I played it to death on GBA and have spent considerable time on the ps1 version as well, but something made me hold off with this version. Probably just nostalgia for the other visual styles. The N64 visuals with the Mineral Town setup was just too perfect to me.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bolverkur posted:

Please report back on the remake, I played it to death on GBA and have spent considerable time on the ps1 version as well, but something made me hold off with this version. Probably just nostalgia for the other visual styles. The N64 visuals with the Mineral Town setup was just too perfect to me.

I’ve actually never played the original, I didn’t really get into this genre until Stardew Valley (I’d kind of tried the original 3DS version of RF4 and Story of Seasons first but didn’t end up putting too much time into them). I’ll definitely share my thoughts on it as it’s own game but I won’t be able to compare to the original

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

PS4. What bug brother? And by soft locks I mean they lock you out of rescuing all mudokons rather than stopping you proceeding! So probably a misuse by me

It’s in Paramonia (the outdoor part). There’s a part where you are with Elum, and you need to throw a rock at a mine to kill a slig and go up an elevator. No matter how I hit the rock on the mine, it does not explode. I know I am doing it right because I have done it on PS4 in the past, and even have a stream archive of it.

I tried tweeting them about it but they didn’t’ respond. I also reloaded to do Scrabania first and came back to see if it fixed itself, no luck. Really pissed me off because I love the game and, uh, paid for it

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

I beat the main story of Rune Factory 4S a few days ago. Pretty fun little Harvest Moon style game, the twist being that it’s set in a fantasy world with elves and dwarves and monsters, etc, and there’s a big overworld and dungeons to explore and you can tame monsters in them and stuff. The cast of characters is weird and likable, the story itself wasn’t anything particularly special but had some good feels moments, the game has a really goofy sense of humor that’s lame but endearing somehow, and the basic gameplay loop was fun and addicting, I’d recommend it to anyone who likes Harvest Moon style games.

I was holding out to do a few optional things like getting married and having a kid before adding it to the list but that stuff’s locked behind waiting for events to happen that are triggered at absolute random and even after several real-life days of doing nothing but the absolute minimum to tend my farm and then running around talking to everyone to trigger events I still can’t get the right ones. So gently caress it, I beat the main story, got a little trophy in my house for beating the game, it’s going on the list. I hope 5 has more actual triggers and less RNG, I’ll probably keep at it for a few more days before switching to the Friends of Mineral Town remake for my farming fix.

I loved RF4 on 3ds and had a good 150 hour or so save by the end. Cozy gaming. Hopefully 5 is good

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I had like 19 years on the GBA FoMT. I haven't played a farm game since because it's too powerful an influence on my life

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

1. What the Golf (100%)
2. 198X
3. Still There (all achieves)
4. Yakuza 7 (all substories)
5. Paradise Killer
6. Littlewood

A pretty good townbuilder game, the endgame upgrades relied a lot on drops that were more or less completely random, but it's a chill game regardless.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
1. Nier Automata (A, B, C, D, E, G, M, O)
2. Rusty Lake Hotel

I guess this counts. bought it on a steam sale not knowing what it was. it's an escape room game. takes maybe an hour.
going in blind was kinda fun though. it's a bit like The Static Speaks My Name in that it doesn't give you a lot of context or tell you who the protagonist is or what they're doing but you can tell there's something off

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

2. Hitman 3

I'm not sure when I count this as properly finished, but I've completed all the missions at least once and finished the story so I guess it counts. I'm not done with it by a long way.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I’ve actually never played the original, I didn’t really get into this genre until Stardew Valley (I’d kind of tried the original 3DS version of RF4 and Story of Seasons first but didn’t end up putting too much time into them). I’ll definitely share my thoughts on it as it’s own game but I won’t be able to compare to the original

Even better, as far as I'm concerned. You'll see it even clearer for what it is instead of comparing it to older versions.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Doom 2: the Plutonia Experiment

that city level near the end where you press a switch and have to investigate every building to find which small thing changes sucked balls

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Yakuza 0. i really wanted to get back to cabaret club management so ended up powering through the last few chapters. honestly one of the best games i ever played. once i see the credits i never normally go for ng+ or more completion but i don't feel anywhere near ready to put this down yet

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

4. snatcher
i wish i could play it for the first time again. after fifteen years i still remembered all the twists and plot beats. still a great game though.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
6. Assassin's Creed 2 (Platinum Trophy)

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Yakuza Kiwami 2

good game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cyber Shadow. Pretty close retro platformer published (but not developed) by Yacht Club, got pretty hard at points

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Cyber Shadow. Pretty close retro platformer published (but not developed) by Yacht Club, got pretty hard at points

can you refight bosses later on, theres a ton of challenge achievements for fighting bosses certain ways do they just expect you to restart if you mess them up

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

can you refight bosses later on, theres a ton of challenge achievements for fighting bosses certain ways do they just expect you to restart if you mess them up

I don't think so. I got a couple of them by accident just from playing normally

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
me: haha this first boss is pretty easy, he leaves his back open constantly

him: you fight like a coward, who trained you to attack someone from behind

me: gently caress

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

elf help book posted:

me: haha this first boss is pretty easy, he leaves his back open constantly

him: you fight like a coward, who trained you to attack someone from behind

me: gently caress

That guy called me a spineless worm and i didnt even stab him in the back. i think he's just rude

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Brasseye posted:

That guy called me a spineless worm and i didnt even stab him in the back. i think he's just rude

how did you know you're talking about the same guy if you didn't stab him in the back

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

crying because all the bad animals in star fox 64 called my combat tactics dishonorable.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

crying because all the bad animals in star fox 64 called my combat tactics dishonorable.

What the heck?

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
7. Infamous: First Light (Expert, 82% Completion)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Final Fantasy Legend III

Meh.