Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

cheetah7071 posted:

we had a rousing session of posting cool video game witches a month or two back and nobody has posted a single cool video game wizard yet, ergo,

Wizards don't need the validation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've won every GP at every difficulty in Mario Kart Wii :toot: I was going to unlock all the characters but then I looked it up and some of the tasks are really hard so instead I'm just gonna win all the Time Trials then call it a day

Weedle
May 31, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

we had a rousing session of posting cool video game witches a month or two back and nobody has posted a single cool video game wizard yet, ergo,

also, many witches are hot. when was the last time you heard someone talking about a sexy wizard

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rarity posted:

I've won every GP at every difficulty in Mario Kart Wii :toot: I was going to unlock all the characters but then I looked it up and some of the tasks are really hard so instead I'm just gonna win all the Time Trials then call it a day

If you have a savefile for Mario Galaxy it unlocks Rosalina. That's how I got her for my son years ago.

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

Weedle posted:

also, many witches are hot. when was the last time you heard someone talking about a sexy wizard

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Also Raven software still has the greatest logo in videogames

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Congratulations to Ganondorf on winning best wizard

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Not formally a wizard! He's one of the sidhe, the local elves, and they can just all do magic.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Maybe this is too reductive, but I’m getting the feeling that the witch vs wizard war that has been going on for hours now is more about whether you prefer anime or heavy metal album covers

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1357450161593618432?s=20

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

good. die, you stupid worthless company.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Maybe this is too reductive, but I’m getting the feeling that the witch vs wizard war that has been going on for hours now is more about whether you prefer anime or heavy metal album covers

I like both

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Overwatch 2 seems really weird, it barely even sounded like a sequel at all idk what they're doing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kerrzhe posted:

I suspect VV was absorbed because the Blizzard part needed to get SOMETHING out this year and VV was already working on a Diablo 2 remaster

Help Im Alive posted:

Overwatch 2 seems really weird, it barely even sounded like a sequel at all idk what they're doing

Overwatch 2 is essentially the story mode that all that lore was being wasted not having except they decided to make it a separate game.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

probably not going to kill them

https://twitter.com/zhugeex/status/1357437971629228033?s=21

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

when I was a kid I insisted on the following binding for MMX4-6

R1 dash
R2 shoot
L1 jump
L2 special

(or something I’m actually having trouble recalling it)

And you know how you’ll make up ways to make games multiplayer as a kid, so my friends and I would trade off controllers each level. And I insisted on rebinding the controls. Every. Single. Time

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

even on SNES dash on R1 was a pro move

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1357447527297994756

Finally, a way to bring back Skylanders without toys to life.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

It's essentially an expansion with a big fancy relaunch. It carries over all of your skins and progress and stuff and has crossplay with Overwatch 1 so it's probably easier to think of it as a big paid expansion than a sequel.

Path of Exile is doing basically the same thing with Path of Exile 2--it's more of a huge expansion with system overhauls than a sequel--but it didn't create quite the confusion Overwatch 2 did because PoE is free so they're not asking you to buy another $60 game.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Huh. Kinda takes the wind out of the sails for the upcoming Blizzcon. Sounds like we're going to get a lot of info on the next World of Warcraft retail patch and classic expansion (Burning Crusade), but only teaser stuff for D IV and Overwatch 2 then. Lame lame lame.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I'm listening to the original Silent Hill soundtrack, having never played the game, and I gotta say it's pretty good.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Propaganda Hour posted:

Huh. Kinda takes the wind out of the sails for the upcoming Blizzcon. Sounds like we're going to get a lot of info on the next World of Warcraft retail patch and classic expansion (Burning Crusade), but only teaser stuff for D IV and Overwatch 2 then. Lame lame lame.

You're not even entertaining the thought of a new game announcement here.

The Lost Vikings 4. A co-op randomly generated revival.

VR/AR only.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1357447527297994756

Finally, a way to bring back Skylanders without toys to life.

Oliver North to consult on upcoming slate of Activision mobile titles

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Crash Bandicoot On The Run introduces a new love interest, Fawna.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Rinkles posted:

I'm listening to the original Silent Hill soundtrack, having never played the game, and I gotta say it's pretty good.

Yeah it's fantastic. SH2 is prob one of my favourites, particularly Promise and (Reprise) and how well they work as part of the story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M_2aAIebwo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwLvcaDMhU8

Convex fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Feb 4, 2021

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Strangely enough, I think some of the best music in the series are actually in Silent Hill 4 and Silent Hill: Origins. Room of Angel and Illusion in me are legitimately good songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1c6fiCcveA
♫ The loooove you never gave I give to youuu ♪
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFm-aBwo9mI

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

people still use animate, but there is also a large amount of people who use either Toon Boom Harmony or TVPaint. Toon Boom originally had a lot of features Flash didn't, which they've slowly caught up with. You no longer need vCam for example to have full scene camera tracking. TB had some bone manipulation warping that allowed for much easier handling of doing things like easing hair animation-- you'll notice it in stuff like MLP, Star Vs, etc, where people's hair bobs a lot and it's because deformation was a lot easier to do in TB for a long time while Flash's IK was extremely rudimentary... now Animate has a mesh warp thing that is relatively similar enough, and the IK iirc can create curvature on bends.

TVPaint is basically if you just want no-frills hand drawn animation. It's purely raster and so it has a lot of natural brushes ala Photoshop to have a more authentic look

some buckwild people animate in Photoshop and Blender but those aren't really intended for animation so it's not ideal

I love blender but still haven't so much as touched any of their 2D tools. personally if im already in blender wouldnt be able to help myself trying to go 3d. I did a bunch of little animations recently in photoshop, and a lot of it ends up being forced into frame-by-frame drawing since you can really only nudge individuals layers by flat xy pixels and you can really only choose to ever tween one thing and have to manually get there for other elements. Gonna check out TVPaint next, other one is a bit too expensive for my unprofitable personal works haha.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Hows no one mentioned the best song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cADH06lKVNA

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I think I'm actually close to finishing Cyber-Shadow this time. Great little game, tunes are fuckin' bangin if you don't hate chiptunes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkYvrXXvddc

has me wanting to replay The Messenger, actually - never quite got to the end of that

Apparently 2D ninja platformers are my Thing, who knew? :v:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 5, 2021

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

Looked up to see what Julian Gollop has worked on since Ghost Recon Shadow Wars. Are Phoenix Point and Chaos Reborn any good? Anyone here play either of them?

Phoenix point is an xcom game
When it came out people didnt like the balance but i think i heard theyve worked on it with updates but idk

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I wonder how much military backing Activision-Blizzard and Ubisoft get.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Real hurthling! posted:

Phoenix point is an xcom game
When it came out people didnt like the balance but i think i heard theyve worked on it with updates but idk

Beaglerush (the big XCOM guy) absolutely hates Phoenix Point and even thinks Gears Tactics was alright so I'm really hesitant to try it out. Maybe it'll be the free game on Epic eventually

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gears tactics is alright. Its kinda a boring slog but not explicitly terrible at any point. Just overly focused on being in overwatch because characters move too slowly to get anywhere on the giant maps with enough action left to attackl

Ciaphas posted:

I think I'm actually close to finishing Cyber-Shadow this time. Great little game, tunes are fuckin' bangin if you don't hate chiptunes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkYvrXXvddc

has me wanting to replay The Messenger, actually - never quite got to the end of that

Apparently 2D ninja platformers are my Thing, who knew? :v:

Chapter 10 kicked my rear end for 2 days

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Feb 5, 2021

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Yeah, Gears Tactics is best described as "surprisingly good for an SRPG based on the Gears of War series," but it's otherwise not remarkable. It's not terrible, but unless you're a fan of the series, there are just better games to play.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah chimera squad, even being a watered down xcom, came out the same week as gears tactics and is infinitely more engaging cause its fast and deep and colorful vs just making my brown chubby dudes trudge across a desert map and setting their ow cones every single turn

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
More like

Overwatch POO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The boss fights in gears tactics are cool tho