Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Why would anyone start a pillow company when IKEA has the greatest pillow ever to be and sells it for peanuts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

As I told the chuds shrieking about this on facebook last week, hmbol a Sheila Jackson Lee bill with 0 cosponsors ain't getting a committee hearing

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Bullhorn Lady's about to get popped.

https://twitter.com/alex_mallin/status/1357396558975807495

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

facialimpediment posted:

Here's the lawsuit text. It's quite spicy!

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1357392242785333249

Deferring to Mr. Nice on this - but I kinda think Smartmatic doesn't have much of a case. Their machines were barely used in the 2020 election, but then again, they could argue that they're now cut off from the U.S. market because of these fucks.

They have a great defamation case. The fact that smartmatic was only used in LA county California highlights how bad the lies about the company were. Fox is probably going to settle this for a lot of money.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

shame on an IGA posted:

As I told the chuds shrieking about this on facebook last week, hmbol a Sheila Jackson Lee bill with 0 cosponsors ain't getting a committee hearing

She makes a fair number of gun posters on SA panic a couple times a year, because they forget her name and don’t seem to understand how bills work. Or are sometimes just hunting for any excuse they can find to keep voting R.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1357426887237206020?s=20

So the person that the GOP appointed to the Education committee who openly supported the conspiracy that Sandy Hook was fabricated has the full support of her peers to remain in that committee.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

:ok:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mlmp08 posted:

She makes a fair number of gun posters on SA panic a couple times a year, because they forget her name and don’t seem to understand how bills work. Or are sometimes just hunting for any excuse they can find to keep voting R.

In fairness I don’t think anyone in TFR votes R. I mean honestly skyshark (who I actually met once and was a good guy) was the last thing to a conservative poster there...well ignoring PECOS. :lol:

At least I don’t really see it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Trump will not be responding to the impeachment thing.

https://twitter.com/obarcala/status/1357434008204955657

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Cythereal posted:

:allears:

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

That Works posted:

https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1357426887237206020?s=20

So the person that the GOP appointed to the Education committee who openly supported the conspiracy that Sandy Hook was fabricated has the full support of her peers to remain in that committee.
Yes. She is a mainstream republican now. Whether or not that is an albatross around their necks remains to be seen.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Man he must really be in the dumps if he’s passing up a chance for publicity like this. Tore up his SAG card too. :rip:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

stealie72 posted:

Yes. She is a mainstream republican now. Whether or not that is an albatross around their necks remains to be seen.

shes gonna run in 2024 i bet

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

MazelTovCocktail posted:

In fairness I don’t think anyone in TFR votes R. I mean honestly skyshark (who I actually met once and was a good guy) was the last thing to a conservative poster there...well ignoring PECOS. :lol:

At least I don’t really see it.

There are at least two or three other active posters I could name off the top of my head (and a number of people who just whine in the TFR discord about how bad TFR is) that are unashamed republicans.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I can't advocate posting in TFR either way after the bullshit that happened to Proper Kerning

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Honestly I can't say I read the TFR forums as much as I used to, but honestly I haven't come across many, so that's interesting to read.

Also what was Proper Kerning?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1357449897436397574

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

That Works posted:

I can't advocate posting in TFR either way after the bullshit that happened to Proper Kerning

What happened? I only dick around in a few threads over there.

I started a bunch of poo poo on a FB AR page by replying to a Fox News screenshot about Biden's Gun Control with "I guess you all didn't own guns under Obama. Strap in for 4 years of this Chicken Little bullshit."

Comments proved my assessment correct.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Honestly I can't say I read the TFR forums as much as I used to, but honestly I haven't come across many, so that's interesting to read.

Also what was Proper Kerning?

PM me if you want, its really offtopic for CE. Basically a serial threadshitter called out a good poster as racist and they ate a (horribly unjustified) probe over it and never came back to SA since.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That Works posted:

PM me if you want, its really offtopic for CE. Basically a serial threadshitter called out a good poster as racist and they ate a (horribly unjustified) probe over it and never came back to SA since.

No I got it. Thanks.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Cythereal posted:

Do they really go back to being private citizens again? I mean they carry the title, protection and pay for the rest of their life right?

Personally I think presidents should be "retired" to doing charity work the rest of their life. Like building low income houses just like Jimmy Carter. It will never happen, but I wonder what type of potential presidents we could get if that was a thing. Make becoming president like entering a monastery.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Another “norm” that was just tradition and all’s it takes is one guy to say “gently caress this”.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
Doing honest to god charity work doesnt seem like it wins hearts and minds anymore and like 20% of people think Bill Gates funds vaccinates to implant microchips so :shrug: .

Jeff Bezos donated 10 Billion to combat climate change. Say what you want about the guy but that can do some serious good and, I believe, that is more than the federal government pledged in the last 4 years.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Ah, I see the former president found white shoe representation from the noted law firm of *checks notes* David I Schoen of Montgomery Alabama.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Sacrist65 posted:

Doing honest to god charity work doesnt seem like it wins hearts and minds anymore and like 20% of people think Bill Gates funds vaccinates to implant microchips so :shrug: .

Jeff Bezos donated 10 Billion to combat climate change. Say what you want about the guy but that can do some serious good and, I believe, that is more than the federal government pledged in the last 4 years.

No different than the robber barons.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Stultus Maximus posted:

No different than the robber barons.

I mean the Armand Hammer museum is cool and all... But not worth the Great Depression and wartime economy the Rothschild's and Rockefellers gave us. If a billionaire actually solved our problems they would spend an equal number on publicizing it.

I'll believe in their philanthropy as soon as they believe we are people.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/SenatePress/status/1357456595823833094

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I'll believe in their philanthropy as soon as one of them actually spends enough to decrease their net worth. Bill Gates has over twice the wealth he had when he first promised to give all his wealth away.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

I'm not exactly a licensed English inspector, but you appear to have a load-bearing adjective tied to 'operations' there.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
11 republicans voted with the democratic house members to remove marjorie green from her committee seats.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
Are they actually going to vote to expel her?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Pine Cone Jones posted:

No way, you need 2/3rds for an expulsion vote. This more or less makes MTG legislatively irrelevant, as most backbencher House Members get a *little* policy power by being on a committee. She's just going to suck up attention and that's it.

Also holy gently caress McCarthy is terrible at his job. Democrats expected 0 defections and got 11. Literally bad at his job.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Honestly its probably for the best,

Dalton, GA is a hive of scum and villainy and they'd probably just elect someone just as stupid and crazy. Besides you can probably use her as bat to beat vulnerable republican reps over the head with for backing the lady who thinks literal children didn't get shot.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Sacrist65 posted:

Billionaires do not donate money, they transform money into soft power.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Sacrist65 posted:

weird that the trump admin wouldn't pledge to save the environment.

Go carry water for billionaires somewhere else

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Go carry water for billionaires somewhere else

Really?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
dear stupid news outlets

stop putting trumps face on the front page. it is no longer 2015-2020

thanks

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Best Friends posted:

I'll believe in their philanthropy as soon as one of them actually spends enough to decrease their net worth. Bill Gates has over twice the wealth he had when he first promised to give all his wealth away.

For sure, if Bezos’ climate pledge equaled his divorce payout I’d take it more seriously.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

BALEETED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Yeah what the gently caress? It's 'brave job creators' or 'patron saints of capitalism' not billionaires