Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Wake me up when rata has a progression series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

CharlestheHammer posted:

I actually haven’t no. I don’t care for Lithium’s content.

MBT is probably my favorite creator, but I think his progression series is pretty weak. Not being able to see his friends pulls and deck building kind of makes them less fun. Even if I understand why he doesn’t upload 2 hour shows.

Fair enough.

I like MBT's progression playoff the most so far, because MBT and his dumb friends are all charismatic and the banlist clause means the series won't get stale.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

mandatory lesbian posted:

Wake me up when rata has a progression series

Rata barely even likes Yugioh anymore (by his own admission) and only drops a video every few months to remind people he exists.

No way on earth he would ever try to attempt a progression series.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I'm into the Progression Playoffs because I'm a fan of insufferable control strategies, and Gavin can apparently glue a new one of those together every week.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
MBT looked pretty choked in the Invasion of Chaos video. Looked like his dog died. Oof.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Vandar posted:

Rata barely even likes Yugioh anymore (by his own admission) and only drops a video every few months to remind people he exists.

I'm looking forward to his next archetype archive where he will cosplay as sakuya.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Vandar posted:

i am aware

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Charles Bukowski posted:

MBT looked pretty choked in the Invasion of Chaos video. Looked like his dog died. Oof.

That’s what you get when you pull two CED but refuse to use them

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7wzxNEOQj8

Old school Yugioh is so good you guys. :allears:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Vandar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7wzxNEOQj8

Old school Yugioh is so good you guys. :allears:

I really like that this proves my point from yesterday

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

CharlestheHammer posted:

I really like that this proves my point from yesterday

Lithium literally separated decks from pre-2014 and decks from post-2014 in his 2021 cross banlist cup because hand traps destroy old decks.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean cool but I was talking about my point that magical scientist was way more powerful than CED

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean cool but I was talking about my point that magical scientist was way more powerful than CED

Weirdly enough, Konami decided to leave Magical Scientist at 1 and ban CED, uh, for a little while at least. I don't think they realized quite how much they hosed up by printing that card for a while.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

CharlestheHammer posted:

That’s what you get when you pull two CED but refuse to use them

In fairness, he had good reason not to. With their format, he knows that the moment people learn CED is in play, it's at the top of the intended bans (even if nobody hits it for safety, Gavin's hatred of back row removal would take it). He wouldn't have been able to win with it that episode, so the best game plan was to hold onto it for next week, so at least he gets to blow someone up with it once.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
we have snake rain support and it is not pretty, folks.

i think my favourite part is that the entire monster lineup is normal summonable so that you can't use chaos cards to support an archetype that revolves entirely around putting light and dark cards in the graveyard

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

ungulateman posted:

we have snake rain support and it is not pretty, folks.

i think my favourite part is that the entire monster lineup is normal summonable so that you can't use chaos cards to support an archetype that revolves entirely around putting light and dark cards in the graveyard

How so? You can still run the Chaos Monsters which is the big reason to play Chaos, also the deck itself has enough options for getting whatever you need in the grave anyway.

Honestly, as someone who's fiddled with Reptiles since forever because I want Vennominaga to work, this is not a super top tier archetype, but it's gonna be nasty in the right situations. It's got a bunch of removal that gets around all the normal protections for example.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

They're pretty good, imo.

https://ygorganization.com/icantbelieveialreadywastedtherainingmenreference/

They work with a ton of existing reptile support, there's a bunch of chaos stuff that works well with them, and they can even use Lair of Darkness for their effects.

There's missing one card in this set. It's either the dark deity or another spell. I'm eager to see what it is.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The reptiles are weird, they seem to be a control deck but they don’t have enough control options.

Now that traps are good you could supplement them with those

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K8f6bTdXOg

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
'Abhyss' is a really good name for an archetype, though. The best kind of stupid pun.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

It's also completely made up by the Organization and the TCG name won't be anything like that.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

IT IS NOW YUSEI TIME

https://ygorganization.com/madmenactuallydidit/

NEW THREAD THEME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SutM0JQfSbo

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

support for a monster that isn't from DM...it's been 3,000 years...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That boss monster seems a little underwhelming for all the work it'll take. It seems like, even with all the support, it'd actually be harder to summon than Shooting Quasar Dragon, and not quite worth the effort? The rest of the support looks amazing. though, and I'm super hype for yet another nostalgia/legacy archetype that's underpowered and overpriced, and I mean that semi-unironically.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ungulateman posted:

support for a monster that isn't from DM...it's been 3,000 years...

We just had armed dragon support....don’t disrespect the chazz

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

I think the idea is that its first negate effect is basically unstoppable because if you try to prevent it, the third effect lets you absolutely obliterate whatever tried to stop the first negate. It also doesn't target and is permanent, so it can turn any boss monster that isn't a Towers into a beatstick.

I look forward to Converging Wishes becoming the new meta :getin:

ungulateman fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Feb 10, 2021

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

On a completely different note, I started watching SEVENS, and immediately got massive whiplash from the first episode elegantly introducing the world, the themes, and the new rules, then the second episode immediately spending its entire runtime relitigating the rules and kinda just treading water on the other two.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

PMush Perfect posted:

That boss monster seems a little underwhelming for all the work it'll take. It seems like, even with all the support, it'd actually be harder to summon than Shooting Quasar Dragon, and not quite worth the effort? The rest of the support looks amazing. though, and I'm super hype for yet another nostalgia/legacy archetype that's underpowered and overpriced, and I mean that semi-unironically.

Not really? The majestic dragon retrain is extremely searchable, and the summoning requirement is easy too. You dont need to use a synchro tuner which was the biggest problem with quasar/shooting star.

You just need to ladder to a L9 or 10 dragon synchro and have the majestic retrain in your hand. Its meant to also let stardust xiaolong be playable.

And the payoff is a huge beater with some self protection that can hit 2-3 times if you laddered through stardust, and can possibly attack directly with the spell.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Feb 10, 2021

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Vandar posted:

They're pretty good, imo.

https://ygorganization.com/icantbelieveialreadywastedtherainingmenreference/

They work with a ton of existing reptile support, there's a bunch of chaos stuff that works well with them, and they can even use Lair of Darkness for their effects.

There's missing one card in this set. It's either the dark deity or another spell. I'm eager to see what it is.

Idk to be honest they seem a little underwhelming, this probably means they are super busted but as it stands if you dont draw snake rain they seem a little slow

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

I feel like your sleeping on the trap that lets you reuse the negate banish then a pop.

That set up alone is good enough to be meta if it is consistent

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay, yeah, I actually slept on a lot of factors that make this a good boss monster. Cool. Thanks, y’all. Can’t wait to see all of this translated and printed some time next year, except for one key piece of support, which will arbitrarily remain untranslated until 2023.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

mfw i see the new pendulum archetype

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

It probably won't be meta or anything unless it has a busted piece of support in Dawn of Majesty, but it should be a pretty fun casual deck.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Care to summarize for someone who doesn't really keep up with paper YGO any more?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://ygorganization.com/imagineforcesfromberserkbutsungandplayedbycutegirls/

They're good and don't have any kind of lock on what can be Pendulum summoned, but they don't do anything broken and you kind of have to do something broken to be in the meta.

They also don't have an in-archetype link and with Electrumite banned it's going to be hard for them to do any kind of mass Pendulum summoning from the extra deck.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

mostly i appreciate that they are pendulum 'scales' because they are each a note on the musical scales

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Vandar posted:

https://ygorganization.com/imagineforcesfromberserkbutsungandplayedbycutegirls/

They're good and don't have any kind of lock on what can be Pendulum summoned, but they don't do anything broken and you kind of have to do something broken to be in the meta.

They also don't have an in-archetype link and with Electrumite banned it's going to be hard for them to do any kind of mass Pendulum summoning from the extra deck.
Yeah, the effects are a little underwhelming, and they seem really prone to bricking, but that flavor is A+ on many levels.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The ban list is coming up so they might bring back Electromite.

They should he wasn’t that crazy when he was banned. Hasn’t been that crazy since he lost Astrograph

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
We're getting Slifer and Obelisk structure decks in June. Includes a bunch of exclusive support cards from the OCG's Prismatic God Box.

I can't decide if this is the best or the worst way to get ex-players back in. On one hand, the God Cards are famously garbage-rear end, and the support hasn't really helped them a whole lot, so we're not exactly giving those returners good cards. But on the other hand I genuinely can't think of a better product to get ex-players from the Duel Monsters days interested again than a ready-made deck built to slap down an Egyptian God.

I'm definitely bookmarking this as a ready-to-deploy gag gift for a very specific demographic of friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm actually vaguely interested in the Obelisk one. Slifer can't really get too much support because the only way to do it would basically involve just giving the player free card advantage (or 'you're considered to have X more cards in your hand for card effects' or something, which feels abusable in a different way)

Edit: On the other hand, good Slifer support creating card advantage could result in decks built around a 'Slifer engine', which would be hilarious. Having a literal Egyptian God Card as a Garnet.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Feb 25, 2021