Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Skwirl posted:

Oh poo poo, then I guess they should have a few panels of her eating terrible pizza every so often. I just assume all the Claremont X-Men not from a different continent are from New York.

It's actually pretty clever because Deerfield is a suburb with a large Jewish population, but not an obvious Jewish suburb like Skokie. Touché, Claremont, touché.

Uthor posted:

She needs to be yelling about ketchup on hotdogs at every cookout. :colbert:

I know Marvel has to keep the sliding timescale in mind and all, but if they slipped in a bit about Kitty heading off to space adventures right around the start of football season, only to come back months later to learn about the very rapid decline of The Bears while she was gone, it would be a story beat that stays relevant for decades to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Nuns with Guns posted:

I know Marvel has to keep the sliding timescale in mind and all, but if they slipped in a bit about Kitty heading off to space adventures right around the start of football season, only to come back months later to learn about the very rapid decline of The Bears while she was gone, it would be a story beat that stays relevant for decades to come.

Lol.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Nuns with Guns posted:

I know Marvel has to keep the sliding timescale in mind and all, but if they slipped in a bit about Kitty heading off to space adventures right around the start of football season, only to come back months later to learn about the very rapid decline of Da Bears while she was gone, it would be a story beat that stays relevant for decades to come.

Fixed

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Oh, we're going to get fancy and slip accents in all Claremont-like are we? Well on top of that, one night Cap'n Kate treats the crew to a drunken display of the Superbowl Shuffle before passing out on the deck.

(I'll stop with the Chicago jokes now unless I think of more)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Nuns with Guns posted:

Oh, we're going to get fancy and slip accents in all Claremont-like are we? Well on top of that, one night Cap'n Kate treats the crew to a drunken display of the Superbowl Shuffle before passing out on the deck.

(I'll stop with the Chicago jokes now unless I think of more)

No matter where she goes in space, all she can talk about is how awesome Chicago is.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The only thing she hates more than the Brood are the Packers.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ruddiger posted:

The only thing she hates more than the Brood are the Packers.

She's a X-Man, so I bet baseball is way more her thing than football.

Is Deerfield more Mets fans or White Sox fans?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Is Deerfield more Mets fans or White Sox fans?

I think you mean Cubs, and I believe she's been drawn with a Not Exactly The Cubs logo on a hat before.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

I want Kitty to go on rants about how LeBron is a fraud ring chaser and him and the Lakers will never match up to MJ and da Bulls.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/LukaNieto/status/1357692078612971533

So no apology, just scrubbing it from digital. "You are in error. There was not an antisemitism occurring."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Joe Bennet did issue an apology. Hang on, ill find it. It sounded very rehearsed and insincere but they did address it.

Edit: here

https://www.google.com/amp/s/io9.gizmodo.com/marvel-artist-joe-bennett-responds-after-immortal-hulk-1846198688/amp

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I like how the apology mentions that he's sad about how he depicted the Star of David, and yet offers no explanation for why a Star of David was on the window of the jewelry store in the first place.

Like, without the Star of David, the entire thing is plausibly a horrible spelling mistake that happened to be a slur. Terrible, but transposing letters when writing backwards can be understandable.

The Cronemberg thing is understandable too, though the two together is a clear red flag.

You add that Star of David though, and every single excuse is gone. You don't misspell a Star of David on a window.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

I think you mean Cubs, and I believe she's been drawn with a Not Exactly The Cubs logo on a hat before.

I meant cubs, they're the Mets of Illinois.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I don't think anyone's brought it up since Claremont, but Kitty is explicitly a fan of the Chicago Cubs. She says something in Claremont's last issue of Excalibur like, "I'm a Cubs fan. We thrive on long shots."

IIRC, when the Cubs won the World Series in 2016, it was while Kitty was in space with the Guardians. I was joking that if she'd come back to Earth after that, someone really should've written at least a one-panel gag where she immediately started doing alternate-universe checks.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Wanderer posted:

I don't think anyone's brought it up since Claremont, but Kitty is explicitly a fan of the Chicago Cubs. She says something in Claremont's last issue of Excalibur like, "I'm a Cubs fan. We thrive on long shots."
Nice
IIRC, when the Cubs won the World Series in 2016, it was while Kitty was in space with the Guardians. I was joking that if she'd come back to Earth after that, someone really should've written at least a one-panel gag where she immediately started doing alternate-universe checks.

Nice. Kinda figured she'd be Cubs, like how Spider-Man is a Mets fan.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kurui Reiten posted:

I like how the apology mentions that he's sad about how he depicted the Star of David, and yet offers no explanation for why a Star of David was on the window of the jewelry store in the first place.

Like, without the Star of David, the entire thing is plausibly a horrible spelling mistake that happened to be a slur. Terrible, but transposing letters when writing backwards can be understandable.

The Cronemberg thing is understandable too, though the two together is a clear red flag.

You add that Star of David though, and every single excuse is gone. You don't misspell a Star of David on a window.
Pretty much. I did a GIS for the Diamond District just to see if there was some kind of top three results with an Israeli flag in the window or something, but nnnnoooopppe.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The giveaway is he never mentions the jewery "misspelling" directly

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/AllCharisma/status/1359537746843365381?s=19

gently caress that despicable little worm

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I remember talk of her being fired for getting pregnant going back to even when it happened. gently caress Whedon.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Yeah, her story has been an open secret for ages. Whedon sucks poo poo as a writer and a person.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Green Intern posted:

Yeah, her story has been an open secret for ages. Whedon sucks poo poo as a writer and a person.

I think the extent of it was unknown, certainly to me.

Also another twist of the knife in that snake bastard

https://twitter.com/amber_benson/status/1359555694098190337?s=19

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

McCloud posted:

I think the extent of it was unknown, certainly to me.

Also another twist of the knife in that snake bastard

https://twitter.com/amber_benson/status/1359555694098190337?s=19

I remember reading stories about Whedon’s abuse of Carpenter back on Livejournal like at least 8 or 10 years ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Emma Caufield has openly discussed how Whedon would scream at her on set in front of everyone. Nicholas Brendan traces his addiction problems to dealing with being belittled and mocked by Whedon endlessly.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/courtenlow/status/1359586414493650944?s=19

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm not impressed with that. It feels like she's just avoiding taking a side.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

She's been softly supportive of him for a while, as again this was all pretty open secret stuff.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Retro Futurist posted:

She's been softly supportive of him for a while, as again this was all pretty open secret stuff.

Didn’t the rest of the crew openly dislike her towards the end?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I dunno, it seems reasonable to me that while she wants to voice support for the victims she doesn't necessarily want to share an extended story of the time. I wouldn't hold that against her any more than I'd hold charisma carpenter staying quiet until now against her, you know? It's her right to determine how much she shares and when, I'm just glad that when asked she's supporting the victims

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

Didn’t the rest of the crew openly dislike her towards the end?

What do you mean

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sadly none of this is surprising. loving Whedon.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Retro Futurist posted:

Uh. Past interviews seems to point at NO, she isn't supportive of him (taken from the posted tweet):

Like everyone else said this is probably her way to deal with any trauma she has.

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 11, 2021

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Somebody in CD posted a screenshot of a statement of support for Charisma Carpenter from Michelle Trachtenberg where she says she saw abusive behavior that might imply Whedon was a... “creep” towards her as well.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm guessing that like most of the times actresses are described as "difficult" it's simply them actually voicing their concerns.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

Endless Mike posted:

I'm guessing that like most of the times actresses women are described as "difficult" it's simply them actually voicing their concerns.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Endless Mike posted:

I'm guessing that like most of the times actresses are described as "difficult" it's simply them actually voicing their concerns.

Ding ding ding

Thousands of talented performers’s careers cut short because they were labeled as “difficult”, ie, not putting up with a director’s cruelty and/or sexual harassment. It’s such a massive loss when you truly think about it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Ding ding ding

Thousands of talented performers’s careers cut short because they were labeled as “difficult”, ie, not putting up with a director’s cruelty and/or sexual harassment. It’s such a massive loss when you truly think about it.

Remember how people mocked Kate Beckinsale when she was actually being punished by the industry because she wouldn't bone Harvey Weinstein?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1359697894413115393

Sorta comicsgate related

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
MORE LIKE GINA SAYONARO

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually