Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Skulk Hogan posted:

So my co-worker had his hours cut by 2/3 in retribution for changing his availability. He has to leave at six to go to his second job. According to the union they have to let him go at six. As soon as the union got involved they just took him off the schedule. He came in today anyway so when they sent him home the union could file a grievance about stolen pay.

They sent him home and the rest of team walked out. We were understaffed to begin with and someone else had called out so there were only two of us left. Hope our managers have fun with that truck.

gently caress yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
That owns. What chain do you work for (if you're willing to say)?
goons... unionize.

goonionize.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Skulk Hogan posted:

So my co-worker had his hours cut by 2/3 in retribution for changing his availability. He has to leave at six to go to his second job. According to the union they have to let him go at six. As soon as the union got involved they just took him off the schedule. He came in today anyway so when they sent him home the union could file a grievance about stolen pay.

They sent him home and the rest of team walked out. We were understaffed to begin with and someone else had called out so there were only two of us left. Hope our managers have fun with that truck.

gently caress yeah! That absolutely rules.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Our union rep was there when we walked out. And I work(ed) for Meijer.

Edit: I used to be Skelaboo. My store was the one threatening to pat us down before we leave.

UwUnabomber fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Feb 3, 2021

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Stuff like that needs to happen more. Unfortunately, the number of unionized stores in the US is a tiny fraction of the total, and most places would prefer to fire every employee and close the store before allowing a union (looking at you, walmart). Apparently it's not illegal union busting if you just outright close the business.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Rainbow Knight posted:

gently caress yeah

drat right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8eK9ZXf-Ow

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Skulk Hogan posted:

:five:

This is that good poo poo right here.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Update: I clocked in today anyway for shits and giggles and two more people who weren't there yesterday walked out when they told me to leave.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Skulk Hogan posted:

Update: I clocked in today anyway for shits and giggles and two more people who weren't there yesterday walked out when they told me to leave.

Hahahaa, spreading the plague of class action.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

hell yah you reap what you sow, assholes

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Company: We are a family!

Also Company: That's right, crawl on your stomach over broken glass, shoving your coworkers aside, reaching for that last moldy cupcake we are forced to give you as minimum wage.

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

Company: We are a family!

Also Company: That's right, crawl on your stomach over broken glass, shoving your coworkers aside, reaching for that last moldy cupcake we are forced to give you as minimum wage.
This bile they spew from head office makes me sick to my stomach. No one loving buys that poo poo. Why even expend the effort to jerk off how much you care about your team members.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Hey Alky, have you heard about these new facilities with "megacycle" shifts?
https://www.vice.com/amp/en/article/y3gk3w/amazon-is-forcing-its-warehouse-workers-into-brutal-megacycle-shifts

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
What loving monster makes someone start work at 1:20 am?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

That's literally what my shift is. 10 hour shifts with a 30 minute unpaid break and a 30 minute paid break 4 nights a week. The 10 hours can be grueling but I get 3 days off/week which is lovely. Also I came from food service where I was working 12+ x5 sometimes while telling my manager "No I will not loving come in 7 days a week" almost weekly. I could definitely see it being a massively unwelcome shock if you're used to 8 hours. So yeah I'm already Megacyling. It has it's perks...it also really loving sucks because my time off really doesn't line up with a lot of other people's free time.

For reference:
-I'm FHN (Front Half Nights) So I work 7 PM to 5:30 AM Sun-Weds nights.
-BHN works 7 PM to 7:30 AM Thurs-Sat nights (with a pay increase to bring them up to about the same weekly wage in 36 hours compared to what we make in 40). On one hand I'd have 4 shifts off on the other hand holy poo poo 12 hour shifts loving suck.
-Front Half Days is the same days as FHN. They're considered the standard shift where "normal" people go.
-RT (Reduced Time) is basically Back Half Days but without the pay increase, it's basically "College Student: The Shift"
-And Days also has the Doughnut Shift which is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday so you get your 3-days off split up.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

is it worth the pay?

I work normal 8hr shifts, and if I work 40 hours I'll end up with like 800 bux and I can live and sleep as a normal person

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Megillah Gorilla posted:

What loving monster makes someone start work at 1:20 am?

Let me tell you about being a mail processing clerk for the United States Postal Service...

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Rainbow Knight posted:

is it worth the pay?

I work normal 8hr shifts, and if I work 40 hours I'll end up with like 800 bux and I can live and sleep as a normal person

On one hand...Amazon.

On the other hand, there's no customers in the warehouses, only their essential oils and dildos. Also management isn't allowed to call you in without notice...or gently caress with your hours really.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
During my brief stint working at a mail order pharmacy over the holidays, we worked 3:30 AM to 2 PM, 6 days a week. It was still better than working retail pharmacy.

Star Man posted:

Let me tell you about being a mail processing clerk for the United States Postal Service...
Please do, actually. I’ve never thought about what that must be like but now I’m curious for postal stories.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Okay goons, my usual deodorant isn't kicking it anymore. What do you guys use?

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Fiji old spice

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If it was purely voluntary I wish I had this option, I'd love to have three days off instead of dragging myself to work five days in a row. Granted I also wish I could skip my lunch and leave thirty minutes early every day.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm glad to be wearing a mask today. Not because of its protective effects, but because I heard a customer grumbling to the person they were with that "all the stuff up front is awful, just get the stuff in the back."

Not even 5 minutes earlier I finished up rotating, and remember I do reverse rotations now so I put the old stuff in the back. I looked over, saw that the person was indeed grabbing from the back and flashed the absolute biggest poo poo eating grin I could muster. Good thing it was concealed by the mask.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Cowslips Warren posted:

You know, I've worked in some hot rear end backrooms in a Hell-adjacent climate. I'm a man that runs hot and is always sweaty.

I used to use Mitchum gel, but it ruined my shirts. Eventually I switched to basic Dove solid, original clean - smells neutral, doesn't gently caress my shirts up. Marketed for women, but its the best deodorant I've ever used.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Speed Stick in Irish Spring scent works great for me.

Make sure you use a white stick not a gel. My clothes always rub the gels off when I move around a lot.

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
I just use sweatblock and order them online. I'm a sweaty mess most shifts so I found they helped heaps. They work like 5-7 days so you just reapply once a week, or more often at the start if you need to.
Then I combo it with some cologne depending on what I'm feeling. Nothing worse than going through a shift stinking of BO.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

Regular deodorant gives me a rash so I use this hippy Lavilin deodorant cream that works extremely well. I’m a sweaty goon and I can go a couple days on this stuff and not be smelly.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
There are days where I consider not wearing deodorant, wearing dirty clothes, not showering and just come to work smelling like dick so customers would give me some loving space. There is over 5 foot of lettuce. You don't have to stand right loving next to me when I intentionally stand at the very edge for the explicit purpose of letting you have the entire other side to pick over the product.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Leal posted:

There are days where I consider not wearing deodorant, wearing dirty clothes, not showering and just come to work smelling like dick so customers would give me some loving space. There is over 5 foot of lettuce. You don't have to stand right loving next to me when I intentionally stand at the very edge for the explicit purpose of letting you have the entire other side to pick over the product.

they won't care, you'll just be mad at your own smell while the customers remain deeply inside of your personal space while somehow smell immune. don't self-stink friend, it ain't worth it

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I once had a lady give the store a compliment on the way out because she’d been doing Christmas shopping all day long and she liked how nice all our staff smelled compared to the other stores she’d visited that day.

I use a drystick from these guys for my deodorant needs:

http://myauraorganics.com

I alternate between the bergamot/lime/coconut scent and the rose/vanilla/jasmine.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

im not very sweaty but i hate how old spice and other gel deoderants because they seem to just add a more powerful smell to your own BO. I always feel like i can still smell both.

That said i use the arm and hammer brand ultra max stuff. Slightly fresh smell but i generally dont notice it all day.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
Served a customer today who was all bundled up, nose red (from what I could see since his mask was, thankfully, over it) and complaining about the icy wind outside. Understandable, the UK is getting some cold weather/snow etc. coming over from the east.

Literally the very next customer I served was wearing shorts. Why do men wear shorts in the winter I don’t understand

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Butt Detective posted:

Served a customer today who was all bundled up, nose red (from what I could see since his mask was, thankfully, over it) and complaining about the icy wind outside. Understandable, the UK is getting some cold weather/snow etc. coming over from the east.

Literally the very next customer I served was wearing shorts. Why do men wear shorts in the winter I don’t understand

One of the people who lives in my building is frequently wandering around smoking outside wearing a dressing gown over shorts and t shirts. He must be loving freezing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Butt Detective posted:

I wear shorts it doesn’t really effect me

But the cold destroys my hands so give and take

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Butt Detective posted:

As someone who has a tendency to melt, some people just generate more heat, and bundling up makes things unbearable. I'm not "shorts in the snow" warm, but warm enough and I can totally understand.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
I heard some guy having a chuckle that folks were sliding away from him because he wasn't wearing a mask.

I wanted to dump the meat off the plastic tray in my hands and just double-hand chop it into the side of his loving head.

Almost half a million Americans are dead, countless more scarred, physically and emotionally, and not only do you not give a poo poo, but trying to protect yourself is funny. Hilarious. gently caress yourself.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm enjoying seeing the absolute big brain of couples where one is wearing a mask and the other isn't. Like do you loving people not know how the drat thing spreads? If the maskless one catches it ,you go home, you take that mask off, they breath on you, good going!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Costco opens at 10. So I am there at 920 or so to start/get in line. I want in, and out. And never fails to amuse me how people will line up after me, and then about 945/950 people come up, see the line stretching past the building, and hang around the entrance like kids at their first high school dance, awkward and looking around to see if anyone will let them cut.

Old people are really bad at doing that. No, fucker, there is clearly no Senior Hour posted, get your rear end in line.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Lines at Costco, what is this? Soviet Russia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Lines to get in. Last summer the line went clear around the building and through part of the parking lot. A new Costco was opened about 15 miles away but I doubt any of the retirees dare to go out that way.