Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I'm really tempted to take albedo to 90 because his defense scaling looks good, and a bigger geo bonus is nice.

and I can take isotoma to 10 :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
That's the curse of albedo. You hear he's a budget character but you are uncontrollably driven to give him everything.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

huh you get fragile resin from the battle pass now. and here I was looking forward to a trash roll for some useless blue weapon from the standard banner

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

RareAcumen posted:

What are the geo buffs exactly? I know stuff changed from 250% to 150% and that's all I've got.

Geo Shields changed from 250% against Geo damage to 150% against everything (which is better because geo damage is pretty rare). Only Noelle and Zhongli can make Geo shields though.

Geo resonance was changed so now it buffs shields, increases damage while you have a shield (by 25% instead of 15%), and lowers Geo resist of enemies on hit by 20%.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Manatee Cannon posted:

huh you get fragile resin from the battle pass now. and here I was looking forward to a trash roll for some useless blue weapon from the standard banner

Now you also get trash rolls on useless artifacts, yay.

Just kidding, the change is good.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I've gotten exactly four of each color photo in the two days of the event :smug:

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

No Wave posted:

That's the curse of albedo. You hear he's a budget character but you are uncontrollably driven to give him everything.

he's the only geo character I have fully kitted out and I regret nothing.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Manatee Cannon posted:

Fragile resin goes in the spots where weapon ores used to be (levels 5/15/25/etc.). Those ores are now distributed out into other ore-giving ranks of the BP and haven't been removed entirely.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I wonder what the reasoning behind mobs giving like 14xp per kill was. Kinda nuts that it doesn't change with enemy/world level. Even for a gacha game completely meaningless kill xp seems like an oversight.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
I guess i literally no longer understand how to upload images after like 20 years on this site, never mind???

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bloody Emissary posted:

Fragile resin goes in the spots where weapon ores used to be (levels 5/15/25/etc.). Those ores are now distributed out into other ore-giving ranks of the BP and haven't been removed entirely.

idk why I thought the freebie roll was every 5 ranks

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

postmodifier posted:

Is this good or should I reroll?

Only spent 26 pulls so not too bad if I need to start over?

Holy poo poo, snap keep that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Stare-Out posted:

I wonder what the reasoning behind mobs giving like 14xp per kill was. Kinda nuts that it doesn't change with enemy/world level. Even for a gacha game completely meaningless kill xp seems like an oversight.

You literally can't level characters in battle in FGO, and they model most of their systems around FGO.

Giving EXP at all seems like more of a tracker than actual XP purposes.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

postmodifier posted:

I guess i literally no longer understand how to upload images after like 20 years on this site, never mind???

I saw the URL in the quote of your post. You have 3 5* in like 26 rolls? Absolutely keep. Diluc, Keqing, and Jean are all great.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

huh. Good roll.

Sexual Aluminum fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 5, 2021

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Andrast posted:

also anyone missing colors, just wait for the next day. It's only the second day, what's the rush.

You can also trade with friends. That being said, I have an almost full list of friends, but no one has a brown. Dang!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

both days i got just enough for a turn in, and then i have a handful of red and blues.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
:same:

Pushing multiplayer into this game is really weird. Like, there's no clan structure or anything to promote this stuff. Maybe I'm out of touch with multiplayer games and these days it's all about finding randoms on the internet and talking to them a lot. :shrug:

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Mailer posted:

Pushing multiplayer into this game is really weird. Like, there's no clan structure or anything to promote this stuff. Maybe I'm out of touch with multiplayer games and these days it's all about finding randoms on the internet and talking to them a lot. :shrug:

My favorite part is how much it messes with the combat for the 99% of the time you play this game solo-player. "Oh, you want to switch characters? Let me ask the server if that is allowed, we'll get back to you on that. Hope you don't currently have a high ping for any reason..."

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Honestly this is the worst patch. They changed Barbara voice, made the domain doors look like they're full of mold, and removed the albedo super jump glitch. Just a sad situation.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
On the other hand, it's got Hu Tao in it. Probably.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

No Wave posted:

Honestly this is the worst patch. They changed Barbara voice, made the domain doors look like they're full of mold, and removed the albedo super jump glitch. Just a sad situation.

Also the carry they introduced features a new split resource system for leveling, including a never-before-seen resource, and needing a weapon you probably don't have. :argh:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Clarste posted:

Geo resonance was changed so now it buffs shields, increases damage while you have a shield (by 25% instead of 15%), and lowers Geo resist of enemies on hit by 20%.

That actually seems kind of overpowered compared with most other resonance buffs (except maybe Cryo).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

even if the primo vishap dropped anemo, it's such an inconsistent thing that you'd be using the conversion system on what drops you get anyway. assuming you don't already have a decent handful of mid/high-tier gems on hand from weekly bosses accumulating over time.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Ytlaya posted:

That actually seems kind of overpowered compared with most other resonance buffs (except maybe Cryo).

The downside is you need two Geo characters in the party, who do poo poo all for damage outside of Ning.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Lechtansi posted:

The downside is you need two Geo characters in the party, who do poo poo all for damage outside of Ning.

ZL was a good burst support before but had nothing else to contribute besides a shield. Now his shield is better because of the 20% resist shred vs. everything and it stays up significantly longer due to 150% bonus vs. all dmg and the geo resonance buff. His energy generation is still bad, but C2 Ning makes plenty for both of them.

What I'm saying is, Ning + ZL went from good to godly. Number went up, like, a lot.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

aparmenideanmonad posted:

ZL was a good burst support before but had nothing else to contribute besides a shield. Now his shield is better because of the 20% resist shred vs. everything and it stays up significantly longer due to 150% bonus vs. all dmg and the geo resonance buff. His energy generation is still bad, but C2 Ning makes plenty for both of them.

What I'm saying is, Ning + ZL went from good to godly. Number went up, like, a lot.

3/4 geo characters do good to amazing damage (even if Albedo does it all from off-field) and the last can be built to do pretty big hits during her burst if you want to use her for that. Contrary to the memes, geo not in fact bad.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Mailer posted:

I would definitely spring for a Goonshin guild if the feature is introduced.

That said there's rumors circulating of player housing so who knows maybe a guild feature will get introduced.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Lechtansi posted:

No, L.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Andrast posted:

also anyone missing colors, just wait for the next day. It's only the second day, what's the rush.

Any color you get more than 8 of you should trade for a different color. You can only trade 8 full sets during the event, so having any more than that is pointless.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
A few questions: How easy is the event to the 4 star character, how long does this event last, and how early can I go to Liyue? I am still in Prologue Act 2

Really, I have been antsy about getting a new fire character that isn't Amber.

EDIT: Okay, it lasts all month so I am good there at least.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Feb 5, 2021

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
Xiangling is also a pyro character available forever through the Abyss 'event' (clear floor 3). The free 4 star Liyue character choice event hasn't started yet.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Toraen posted:

Xiangling is also a pyro character available forever through the Abyss 'event' (clear floor 3). The free 4 star Liyue character choice event hasn't started yet.

Xiangling being a freebie is fantastic. She's dropped a bit on tier lists since a slew of new 5*s came out but she's still the best carry out of the free units and Crescent Pike just owns so hard. I'm approaching 500 rolls total and still don't have any constellations for Kaeya/Amber/Lisa afaik, my Xiangling is at C4 and she's been on...at least two banners now? Good stuff

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Went ahead on a 10 pull and got Xinyan. How is she?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

Went ahead on a 10 pull and got Xinyan. How is she?

Pyro claymore with shield gen and cleansing, seems to fill the Jean support niche of "does several things adequately" at a 4* level. She's outclassed in any one of them by more focused units, but she makes up for it in utility. Definitely more useful early game before you start having to maximize specific stats. Cool as hell to boot, fun pull

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I find her pretty fun. Unfortunately, she's one of the most constellation-dependent characters in the game. She needs C1 to be a DPSer, C2 to make her burst strong and Pyro application consistent, and C4 to be a physical damage support. I honestly don't think she does anything decently at C0.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Finally got to AR45 and that dang resin pass can't come fast enough.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You can repeatedly turn in Treasure Trove pictures as long as you have one of each, it's not locked to one a day!

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

You can repeatedly turn in Treasure Trove pictures as long as you have one of each, it's not locked to one a day!

Considering it's a seven days event with maximum of eight rewards, it would be a bit weird if it was~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
Took a gamble on the weapon banner trying to get the polearm.... Got the sword I have no one that will benefit from the sword since my Bennett is support not DPS. I guess I can throw it on Anemo Traveler and level him up