Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

charliebravo77 posted:

Since Mustang Monthly got discontinued I can't submit a story and photos now that my dad's basically done with his restoration, so I mocked up my own. Getting a legit magazine printed with stories, photos, etc. Too bad it's not going to get delivered by xmas.

The barcode is the date he bought the car and the license plate :v:

This is awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

I haven’t driven my Mustang since...early November maybe once or twice?

Minor upgrades on the way. BMR coils and rear control arms just showed up from FedEx.

I bought a set of staggered FR500 clones with drag radials. I put the driver side wheels on to see how it looks. Going to sell the black Bullitt wheels I had on there.

Bought an electric impact wrench, worked great on the lug nuts, once we get a day in the high 40’s I’ll install the lowering coils. And then I’ll put the other two wheels on.

Been scouring the web for a used Vortech kit, would like to get one for $1500-2000, would still need misc parts and a mail order tune from Lethal Performance. Another 100-150hp would be nice.

Although, I am still being tempted by a Coyote. If I could find a nice one for $15k or so (more for a 13/14) it’s be hard to say no. I have actually seen a couple 2015’s for $20k but that’s starting to get out of budget. My Jeep is basically paid off so a $250 car payment for a fun car would be financially dumb but not a big deal. My phone bill is half that.

And then I’d just sell my 2002 and buy a blower for the 5.0....

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I have been on the hunt for a super charger kit too, I want a Procharger with the 3 core intercooler.
The cheapest I managed to get was $5900 with a p1sc, but if I upgrade to a d1sc its $475 more. Thats for a new complete kit.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

kalvick posted:

I have been on the hunt for a super charger kit too, I want a Procharger with the 3 core intercooler.
The cheapest I managed to get was $5900 with a p1sc, but if I upgrade to a d1sc its $475 more. Thats for a new complete kit.

What year do you have? Check out superchargers4less.com, you have to call for pricing.

They quoted me 4900 and change for a complete p1sc kit for a 99-04 GT. Cheapest I have found by far. $150 for shipping and $300 for sales tax not included. Problem is I didnt spend much more than that for my entire car.

A Vortech tuner kit is $3500 and doesn’t have an IC. I would still have to get injectors pump MAF and a tune. Can’t find a place around here that will do it that’s close, and most places want $800 and are two hours away.

I really don’t want to buy this stuff used, but if I could find a V3 head unit and bracket for $1500 I would jump on it. A lot of the used kits guys either want drat near new prices or it looks like the car was parked outside with no hood on it for two years. And you’ll get nickeled and dimed to death buying all the missing parts. Rather just get a box in the mail and bolt it on one Saturday.

I had a V1 on my fox body, back then I think it only cost a little over $2000...

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I have dirty, sinful thoughts about a blower once I'm out of warranty.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
🎶♩♪♭she got junk in the trunk♩♪♭🎶

About 240 pounds worth.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

🎶♩♪♭she got junk in the trunk♩♪♭🎶

About 240 pounds worth.

I know its an optical illusion, but your rear brakes look like the fronts half is slotted and the rear half is drilled.
I thought you should know this. :) Also those look like pretty beefy tires what are they?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I prefer my rears to be drilled. :sissies:

Firestone Winterforce P225/55R-17

They do fine, even through the worst driving section in Buffalo. (my driveway)

Cage fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jan 11, 2021

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Bob Morales posted:

I haven’t driven my Mustang since...early November maybe once or twice?

Minor upgrades on the way. BMR coils and rear control arms just showed up from FedEx.

I bought a set of staggered FR500 clones with drag radials. I put the driver side wheels on to see how it looks. Going to sell the black Bullitt wheels I had on there.

Bought an electric impact wrench, worked great on the lug nuts, once we get a day in the high 40’s I’ll install the lowering coils. And then I’ll put the other two wheels on.

Been scouring the web for a used Vortech kit, would like to get one for $1500-2000, would still need misc parts and a mail order tune from Lethal Performance. Another 100-150hp would be nice.

Although, I am still being tempted by a Coyote. If I could find a nice one for $15k or so (more for a 13/14) it’s be hard to say no. I have actually seen a couple 2015’s for $20k but that’s starting to get out of budget. My Jeep is basically paid off so a $250 car payment for a fun car would be financially dumb but not a big deal. My phone bill is half that.

And then I’d just sell my 2002 and buy a blower for the 5.0....

Sold my 2002 and am buying a built new edge with a Vortech in the next week or so.

After figuring $17000 for a Coyote and another $8000 for a blower, I started looking at < $30000 GT500's but they were all a little rough or close to 100k miles. Then I remembered I didn't want to borrow even $10-$15000 to buy what's basically a toy.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Bob Morales posted:

Sold my 2002 and am buying a built new edge with a Vortech in the next week or so.

After figuring $17000 for a Coyote and another $8000 for a blower, I started looking at < $30000 GT500's but they were all a little rough or close to 100k miles. Then I remembered I didn't want to borrow even $10-$15000 to buy what's basically a toy.
Nice, anymore deets? Pics?

I'll take two.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Cage posted:

I'll take two.

They are called LTD wagons. Buy all you want.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I love wagons and I love those and understand whats inside em but surely you see a difference between that and this.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

Cage posted:

I love wagons and I love those and understand whats inside em but surely you see a difference between that and this.

One of them is red? :confused:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

vote_no posted:

One of them is red? :confused:
Get your eyes checked its a light blue/gray.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Seriously though, how hard would it be to put the mustang front end on that wagon? God bless the fox body.

e: oh boy

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 2, 2021

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Cage posted:

I'll take two.

Build this, but use one of the non-obviously-Mustang front ends and make up some Focus badges in a late 80s/early 90s Ford motif.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Cage posted:

Just got it today.

Excuse the dust. Needs a couple vacuum lines replaced. BOV isn't working quite right, getting a little flutter. Trying find the right spring, I have this BOV on it:

https://www.turbosmart.com/product/vee-port-pro-black/

The car has a built 4.6, cobra crank + forged rods/pistons, aftermarket cams, not 100% sure on exactly what the compression ratio or heads are. Longtubes, Magnaflow mufflers, Vortech S-trim, front-mount intercooler, sitting on 17x9 and 17x10.5 Cobra replicas and Eibach Sportlines. Dyno'ed around 520whp

edit: Found the vacuum line going to the BOV is two hoses hooked together and one has a giant crack and it basically fell apart when I was grabbing it. So off to the parts store to grab some hose tomorrow.

also: bought this lighter spring for the BOV in case it's not the one that's in there

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tbs-ts-0205-3110

also also: bought a goddamn autometer boost gauge. Can't believe I didn't have one in my toolbox from my DSM days, I still have 4G63 spark plugs and oil filters for some drat reason.

Bob Morales fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 5, 2021

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Finally bit the bullet and ordered the Ford Performance tune for my 2018. Impressions have generally been positive for an OEM tune. A side benefit that isn't advertised but a couple have confirmed is that is gets rid of, or greatly reduces the artificial rev hang when upshifting. Looking forward to that for sure. Also gets rid of the power limiting in first gear, if you give it more than moderate throttle, especially with the wheel turned, it sometimes cuts pretty much all power and you're left nosing into traffic waiting for something to happen. A safety/cars and coffee pedestrian move I'm sure, but it drives me nuts when it happens.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Got to install the BMR rear lower control arms I had bought for my old car. Sold the BMR springs since this car already had Eibach Sportlines on it.

Isolators were pretty beat up as you can see, I'll probably buy a set of those later and put them on because they are pretty easy to get to, just remove the lower bolt on the rear shock.

Install wasn't too bad. I put the rear sway bar back on upside down, twice. One of the bolts was a little hard to get on one control arm, not really sure why. Also had to disconnect the cat-back from the X pipe so I could get on the inside of the front bolt on the control arm. Argh.

gently caress lowered cars. Seriously. What a pain in the loving dick. Bought the 1.5 ton aluminum jack from HF, it worked, got the car up in the air enough to get my regular jack under there...I ended up going back to HF and getting the 2 ton jack with the longer reach. Going to cut a couple 2x6's to drive up on for the future.

The 18v Ryobi impact for $90 at Home Depot is a lifesaver. I'm getting too old to be laying on the ground doing this poo poo though.

Also, I have never driven a Vortech car that wasn't set up with the bypass valve recirculating back into the intake. Holy hell this thing is loud. Ssssssshhhhhhhttshhhh. Would not want that BOV on a daily driver. Which I think what I really want is a TVS Coyote.

Took the car out for a half hour drive, it was 45 degrees out but the rain from yesterday washed all the salt off the roads. Stopped to air up, I was at 24psi all around so I went to 34. 1st and 2nd were just tire spin if you built any boost, car seemed pretty fast in 3rd but I didn't really beat on it much. Started sprinkling so it cut the ride short. Just wanted to make sure everything was good and use up some of the gas that's in the full tank.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Bought some new muffler hangers, the rubbers on mine are starting to fall apart. Should keep the mufflers up another inch or so so they quit scraping on my driveway.

Bought a new set of coil spring isolators from LMR (the polyurethane ones, mine are all beat up and one of the bottom rear ones was actually missing)

Confirmed that the car has 3.73's so that's about perfect for what I want.

50 degrees out = tire spin on the highway at 60mph. If those Nitto's weren't brand new I'd be ordering something else for them right now.

Hit some kind of boost cut as well, going to replace some more vacuum lines and get some little clamps. Everything seems fine until the higher boost levels, should probably wire the gauge up when I get some time.

Poly bushings in the control arms are a little noisy. Will check and re-grease possibly.

Also need to fix the driver side window as it rolls up crooked, guessing a bracket fell off.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Friend has a 2012 gt500 that needs a new clutch. Looking around online it seems the Mcleod twin disc is the popular choice.

Cars at 750hp, 100% street use.

Reasonable for that or is there something else I should look at?

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

honda whisperer posted:

Friend has a 2012 gt500 that needs a new clutch. Looking around online it seems the Mcleod twin disc is the popular choice.

Cars at 750hp, 100% street use.

Reasonable for that or is there something else I should look at?

Mantic

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Bob Morales posted:

50 degrees out = tire spin on the highway at 60mph. If those Nitto's weren't brand new I'd be ordering something else for them right now.

The only Nittos I know for the new edge car that I have ever seen is the 555 variants and the NT05 series.
those Nitto's arn't sticky enough for a ~500hp car? what would you be looking to get? what is street legal and stickier?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

kalvick posted:

Or you can get a Mustang Mach-E and you can stay in this thread! I love that car hate that car so much.

FWIW i know of ONE person who has one and his review so far is insanely glowing!

I’m hoping it was simply named wrong if that makes any sense

kalvick posted:

I saw a brand new 2019 GT350 at the dealership today for 66k, no markups or anything on it. UGGG! I wish I had the money!

I’ve found a few low low mileage ones for 48-55k, if you’re actually in the market!

I’m far away from dropping that cash, but god drat do I consider breaking my rule on financing when I hear that flat plane crank rev

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I have a 2019 and recently have noticed a low groaning sound any time I take a sharp turn at low speed, such as when I'm pulling out of my driveway. Any ideas on what this could be?

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

PIZZA.BAT posted:

I have a 2019 and recently have noticed a low groaning sound any time I take a sharp turn at low speed, such as when I'm pulling out of my driveway. Any ideas on what this could be?

Performance Pack? The torsen diff makes a lot of noise at low speed like that. It's normal.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

kalvick posted:

The only Nittos I know for the new edge car that I have ever seen is the 555 variants and the NT05 series.
those Nitto's arn't sticky enough for a ~500hp car? what would you be looking to get? what is street legal and stickier?

I have the 555 G2's right now. I don't think I'd have a problem at all with the NT05 in drag radial form. I think as it warms up I'll get a better idea how it hooks.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

GabbiLB posted:

Performance Pack? The torsen diff makes a lot of noise at low speed like that. It's normal.

ok cool. it didn’t sound like anything was *wrong* necessarily but it was noticeable enough for me to be worried

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Rear spring Isolators installed along with the new muffler hangers. Still just barely scrapes in the driveway but I can live with it.

Stil having a bitch of a time trying to jack the car up from the front. Need to order some Maximum Motorsports SFC’s like I had on my other very.

Hit the high rpm cutout again. Maybe it’s plug gap? I have a set to put on. Going to check the gap on what’s in there now.

Started installing the auto meter boost gauge and innovate wideband. Need to get some anti-seize, butt connectors, a little bit of wire and some taps. Maybe a can of foaming degreaser to wipe things down a bit under the hood.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I ordered tires. Theyll be here in 4 weeks.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Took me a while but I finally got my drag radials. Only fifty out but they hook up pretty good.

https://youtu.be/T3kM0pJAfRI

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Try as I might, I couldn't get the wires and poo poo through the dash. Who cares. I have gauges now. 20 inches of vacuum at idle, air/fuel ratio in the 11's during WOT, seen a peak of about 15psi of boost. Used the second O2 sensor bung on the driver side of the X pipe for the wideband.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Can't get in to have my Stifflers subframes put on until 4 weeks. Oh well. Supposed to snow tonight and I'm vacation next week.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I wish the weather was better so I could do some mods :(

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Emailed a dealership and they offered me 12-14k for my Mach 1, which is crazy as I paid 12k about 4 years ago for it.

Been eyeing this, I might go take a look later this week but I really really wanted my next car to have a sunroof again. I miss having one.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

Emailed a dealership and they offered me 12-14k for my Mach 1, which is crazy as I paid 12k about 4 years ago for it.

Been eyeing this, I might go take a look later this week but I really really wanted my next car to have a sunroof again. I miss having one.

DO NOT DO THAT! As they say with the Gamestonks..... HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDD!
But honestly I have been back and fourth on getting a new used car. I have been seriously debating getting any of the supercars if they can get under 50k.
for instance Audi R8 is almost at that price point, with Mercedes's AMG GT, and Nissan GTR soon to be as well just slower to get to that price point.

Also at the same time I have a 21 year old car, I bought when it was new and it has sentimental value to me... ugg I dont know what to do.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Yeah, as much disdain as I hold for the SN95 generation of Mustang, that Mach 1 is basically at the point in its life where it's an appreciating asset.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I dunno, I'm moving into an apartment complex so I'm losing my garage and I'm dumb enough to drive it through Buffalo winters so its probably in better hands elsewhere.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Went for a test drive in it. Experienced this: https://www.allfordmustangs.com/threads/strange-rumbling-vibration-when-coasting-in-gear-no-gas-2012-mustang-v6-pp-m-t.313410/

It's a pretty extreme vibration, they said they'd have the mechanic look at it but reading up on it ford says it's normal? Yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
That started happening to my 2014 after about 50k miles. Always right around 45 mph, but sometimes other times.

I sold it and supposedly the next owner brought it to the dealership and they couldn’t figure it out and neither could a couple other independent mechanics. Ultimately they sold it without ever finding out what was wrong.

So I can at least confirm that it didn’t always happen, since I bought it new.