Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
A string of profanity that makes the writers of Deadwood blush doesn't even begin to express my hatred for this poo poo. I have an immunocompromized kid that is too young for the vaccine (though hopefully Pfizer is approved for 12 and up soon) and because of these glddam idiot motherfuckers, we get to continue living in fear. At this point, I'm all for kicking in doors and forcibly immunizing people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://www.hstoday.us/subject-matt...congress-hears/

quote:

Members of the military who claim membership in white supremacist or other domestic extremist groups have to be active in a group in order to warrant investigation, and even then may face an administrative reprimand but not expulsion, Congress heard this past week.

[sic]

U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations Law Enforcement Deputy Director Robert Grabosky noted that policy states military personnel “must reject active participation in criminal gangs and other organizations that, among other things, advocates supremacist, extremist, gang doctrine, ideology or causes,” but “mere membership in the organization is not prohibited.”

“Mere participation is not something that OSI actually investigates. We actually investigate the active participation of a member. There’s many avenues within the military, including command or Equal Opportunity offices, that conduct investigations of viewpoints of individuals. If it does not rise to the level of a felony investigation of active participation, we do not get involved,” he said, clarifying that “active participation” is defined as “attending rallies, fundraising for them or actually being part of the organization and actively involved in it.”

Without referring to Reeves by name, Grabosky said the active participant investigated by his office was fundraising for Identity Evropa. A letter of reprimand was the punishment along with the reduction of rank; a month later, the Air Force began discharge proceedings. Because the airman received non-judicial punishment, Grabosky said, the extremist activity would not be reported to the FBI.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/politico/status...ingawful.com%2F

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Toilet paper running low again?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Is money even real at this point?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The trash haven’t been “whispering” it, they’ve been screaming it the entire time

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Presumably reading it in the sense of "Hey Joe, get a load of this horseshit!"

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

MrMojok posted:

I have managed to get myself banned from two SOF message boards by talking about bad about Trump.

One is a board that is peopled predominantly by former SOF personnel, the other is one that is composed of both former and current. The one that has the currents has gone private, so you have to join to read.

I don't mean to suggest the entirety of SOF is composed of Qunts, but I do think there is a very serious problem here.

To wit: a group of people who are highly trained, who have been trained to see themselves as the best, and the heroes in the story, when put into ridiculous situations and wars where they cannot win, are going to find ways to make themselves into the heroes of their stories. Is that too much?

You talking about quietprofessionals.com, the board for SF?

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

"Fears of overheating the economy..."

I ain't scared, let's turn the fuckin thermostat up, Federal WPA and 20million new infrastructure jobs building fully automated luxury gay high speed rail: from coast to coast building a sustainable future

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

If you’re afraid of “overheating the economy” raise interest rates above 0.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

stackofflapjacks posted:

I ain't scared, let's turn the fuckin thermostat up, Federal WPA and 20million new infrastructure jobs building fully automated luxury gay high speed rail: from coast to coast building a sustainable future

I would love viable train systems. The wife and I looked into a train ride, we would have to fly out of state, then pay 3 times the cost of a plane ticket to travel half the distance over the course of a week.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

MrMojok posted:

I have managed to get myself banned from two SOF message boards by talking about bad about Trump.

One is a board that is peopled predominantly by former SOF personnel, the other is one that is composed of both former and current. The one that has the currents has gone private, so you have to join to read.

I don't mean to suggest the entirety of SOF is composed of Qunts, but I do think there is a very serious problem here.

To wit: a group of people who are highly trained, who have been trained to see themselves as the best, and the heroes in the story, when put into ridiculous situations and wars where they cannot win, are going to find ways to make themselves into the heroes of their stories. Is that too much?

To add my anecdote to the pile all the SF guys on my Facebook seemed to have lost their loving minds, it was a major contributing factor to me quitting the platform.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

If you’re afraid of “overheating the economy” raise interest rates above 0.

What they mean is not enough people have died yet.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Presumably reading it in the sense of "Hey Joe, get a load of this horseshit!"

Yep.

And they got Bullhorn Lady, who decided insurrection was apparently more important than her eight kids.

https://twitter.com/WPXIAmy/status/1357695450506268675?s=19

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

stackofflapjacks posted:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

ASAPI posted:

I would love viable train systems. The wife and I looked into a train ride, we would have to fly out of state, then pay 3 times the cost of a plane ticket to travel half the distance over the course of a week.

Dang now I’m trying to remember the last time I rode a train. 2019 while visiting family in Boston we rode the subway. It was fine.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Jarmak posted:

To add my anecdote to the pile all the SF guys on my Facebook seemed to have lost their loving minds, it was a major contributing factor to me quitting the platform.

I’m in a private discord with a bunch of non door kicker SOF dudes. There was always a toying around with the bullshit narratives, especially against the “radical left.” Luckily about 6 of us pounce on anyone trying to normalize this bullshit. We’ve made quite a few people leave because it’s not as echo chamber as they’d like. I may get shived when I get back to Bragg...

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1357687718751444994?s=19

https://twitter.com/brianschatz/status/1357700340037074946?s=19

Larry wanted attention. gently caress Larry.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

because Democrats need to rehabilitate their image of being feckless, performative, corporate schills before they can be given the benefit of the doubt bruh.

Don't want to assume you'd be idiots about stimulus money? BETTA HAVE MY CHECKS!

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I’m in a private discord with a bunch of non door kicker SOF dudes. There was always a toying around with the bullshit narratives, especially against the “radical left.” Luckily about 6 of us pounce on anyone trying to normalize this bullshit. We’ve made quite a few people leave because it’s not as echo chamber as they’d like. I may get shived when I get back to Bragg...

Yeah I have/had about a dozen door-kickers on my facebook and out of the 4-5 that ever post anything all but one was non-stop jerking off about killing antifa and libs in the coming civil war.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Jarmak posted:

Yeah I have/had about a dozen door-kickers on my facebook and out of the 4-5 that ever post anything all but one was non-stop jerking off about killing antifa and libs in the coming civil war.

I've got a bunch of AFSOC folks on mine and one SF dude who's married to a high school friend - all the ones I know have gone center left to full left, and SF dude punched out a couple years ago and is now a nurse living with his hippie wife and their two kids.

Then again I also know one of the worst BRCC dudes so

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Might be worth staying on Facebook if it means you might spot incriminating evidence of dangerous folks taking about hurting people so you can report it to the FBI :shrug:

Maybe the FBI won't do anything, but better to raise the issue than to just tune out.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
America is a land of contrasts.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...obox=1612525133

E: nvrmd only passed into reconciliation

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/02/05/joe-biden-live-updates/#link-BPMUSS7H7BCDPAA5XWFV4P5SGQ

quote:

Biden economic adviser seizes on new jobs report to argue magnitude of relief package is needed
By John Wagner
Jared Bernstein, a member of the Council of Economic Advisers appointed by Biden, seized on the new jobs report Friday to argue that the size of Biden’s $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief plan is justified.

“This morning’s job report shows that the U.S. labor market has essentially stalled, in terms of job creation,” Bernstein said. “This is a job market that is calling out for intervention of the magnitude that’s in the American Rescue Plan.”

The Labor Department reported Friday that the U.S. economy added 49,000 jobs in January, a disappointing but not entirely unexpected tally that reflects the continued strain on the labor market inflected by the coronavirus.

The unemployment rate fell to 6.3 percent, compared with 6.7 percent in December, although the decline was driven at least in part by people leaving the workforce instead of getting jobs.

Bernstein is scheduled to appear alongside White House press secretary Jen Psaki at a White House briefing later Friday.

Senate Republicans have argued that the size of Biden’s relief plan is far too large, and in a Washington Post column published Thursday, Lawrence H. Summers, a former economic adviser to President Barack Obama, argued that its magnitude poses some risks to the economy.

“I think he’s wrong,” Bernstein said of Summers’s analysis.

Bernstein also reiterated that Biden is committed to keeping intact the $1,400 stimulus checks in his package but is willing to negotiate on eligibility to receive them.

“The president is very firm on making sure that folks who needed these checks get them,” Bernstein said. “We have to go big, and we have to go bold.”

Also I believe I saw news reporting that Romney basically said shotgun out the stimulus checks now and use means testing on the 2021 tax returns to claw back from the households that didn't need it.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Soylent Pudding posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/02/05/joe-biden-live-updates/#link-BPMUSS7H7BCDPAA5XWFV4P5SGQ

Also I believe I saw news reporting that Romney basically said shotgun out the stimulus checks now and use means testing on the 2021 tax returns to claw back from the households that didn't need it.

I have always wondered why they didn't just use the IRS to deal with that poo poo. IRS already has the tools to get it back.

Just stop using them as a tool against poor people for a single tax cycle

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

RFC2324 posted:

I have always wondered why they didn't just use the IRS to deal with that poo poo. IRS already has the tools to get it back.

We shouldn't even tax people making less than ($local_rent_cost / 0.3)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
We shouldn’t tax people if we aren’t going to supply them with a laymen breakdown of where their tax dollars actually went.

Some people even want receipts for their donuts. Why not for the thousands and thousands they spend on taxes?

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

RFC2324 posted:

We created this monster out of the IRS. Instead of using their powers for good they use them for evil.

The IRS could transform the nation if it was used correctly. I would love to know who exactly is benefiting from having the IRS operate the way it is. (Yes, I know, it's rich people)

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

boop the snoot posted:

We shouldn’t tax people if we aren’t going to supply them with a laymen breakdown of where their tax dollars actually went.

Some people even want receipts for their donuts. Why not for the thousands and thousands they spend on taxes?

This also. God forbid Congress does their job and passes an actual budget.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Soylent Pudding posted:

We shouldn't even tax people making less than ($local_rent_cost / 0.3)

I honestly wonder what the arguments would be if someone proposed dropping federal taxes on everyone making less than say $500,000 to zero and taxing every dollar above that (including capital gains and the other loopholes) at a realistic level. Somehow republicans would convince their constituents that this would hurt them.

The trickle down is a golden shower.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

MrMojok posted:

I'm pretty sure I know which forums those are and they're ones I used to check out a lot in the past.

Seeing so many dudes I had previously had a lot of respect for turn into conspiracy mongering lunatics is one of the post pathetic and disappointing things I've ever seen. I stopped reading those forums when they started saying poo poo like American liberals are the biggest threat this country faces today.

It's not just a SF problem though, you'll find these dudes in other combat MOS's. All of the NCO's I had in my platoon turned out to be chuds.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
How can we lower interest rates and provide tax cuts to the rich if we put out $1.9 trillion despite being warned it will overheat the economy and we would have problems when the next crisis came about

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Mustang posted:

I'm pretty sure I know which forums those are and they're ones I used to check out a lot in the past.

Seeing so many dudes I had previously had a lot of respect for turn into conspiracy mongering lunatics is one of the post pathetic and disappointing things I've ever seen. I stopped reading those forums when they started saying poo poo like American liberals are the biggest threat this country faces today.

It's not just a SF problem though, you'll find these dudes in other combat MOS's. All of the NCO's I had in my platoon turned out to be chuds.

I'd tend to be more worried about SF guys thi, between being trained to believe they are a one man army, and the training in how to step up, train, and inspire randos.

I think that cadre training is the scariest part.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

stackofflapjacks posted:

Biden's people already came out and said Larry Summers is full of poo poo and they are going big.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

RFC2324 posted:

I'd tend to be more worried about SF guys thi, between being trained to believe they are a one man army, and the training in how to step up, train, and inspire randos.

I think that cadre training is the scariest part.

Yeah that CHUD supply NCO you know hasn’t been taught how to train irregular fighters with minimal resources and support.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think CHUDs training other CHUDs would mostly look like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GgkkiezHGU

Not that libs or leftists would be any better though.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Holy poo poo the Mike Lindell video is pure insanity.

Link, for the brave, or foolish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTW-OHV8vjE

E: ALREADY down.

Immanentized fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Feb 5, 2021

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Fox News Headline: Biden flys to Delaware despite CDC warning against travel to and from Delaware!
Fox News article: President Biden has spent much of his time in office tackling the COVID pandemic while working hard to ensure his personal health and the health of those around him and often takes many steps to mitigate COVID threats. Former president Trump took many trips during the COVID pandemic for comparison.

I guess when the best Fox can come up with is: UsinG AiR FoRce oNe!!1! then it quickly becomes an almost fluff piece it could be worse in the White House.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Hekk posted:

Yeah that CHUD supply NCO you know hasn’t been taught how to train irregular fighters with minimal resources and support.

I'm not actually mil, I've just spent my life mil adjacent, but all the sf guys I have know have been competent, now matter how stupid and wrong about other things they have been.

I generally apply the engineer rule to them. Good at what they do, but probably absolute morons everywhere else.