Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I feel like that’s mostly Instagram?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Dejan Bimble posted:

For lack of better words, is there a website like bikeexif for the types of bikes bikeexif doesn't cover?

What type of bikes is that?

also what JSB said

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I've had wheelie dreams (actual ones while sleeping and also daydreams and aspirations), but most of my motor-vehicle dreams involve me being inexplicably bad at riding/driving (more so than in waking life).

I've also had aspirations to write sentences with fewer than two parenthetical statements. OMG i did it

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Same, whether it's a car or a bike, I'm usually struggling to turn and eventually wake up in a panic. What the gently caress?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

When you have too many SV’s and............also Citröen’s?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is there video of this... thing?

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

And the Citroen 2SV was born.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

builds character posted:

I just imagine it's too fast to be filmed. A highspeed camera was needed to achieve these stills because no other device could capture an image of such raw speed.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

builds character posted:

It’s screenshots of a video so I think the answer to your question is yes, but hell if I know where.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Here4DaGangBang posted:

And the Citroen 2SV was born.

Huh... it's like a laterally enspaced V4

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Anyone interested in this as a gang tag? It's kind of tiny, but it took some shrinking to get under the allowed 50 kb.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Anyone interested in this as a gang tag? It's kind of tiny, but it took some shrinking to get under the allowed 50 kb.

:hellyeah:

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I made another thread yesterday when I was thinking about gang tags. Yours is cooler than what I came up with, though.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

not even 12 o'clock smh

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Whoever here has 12 o'clocked without looping can get the 12 o'clock version

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

GriszledMelkaba posted:

Whoever here has 12 o'clocked without looping can get the 12 o'clock version

What about with looping?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I'm failing to find a video of a dude doing a parking lot wheelie on a friend's stunt bike and having the wherewithal to comment "oh man your rear brake suuuuuuucks" as he loops it out slowly.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I don’t know what that video is but your post knocked this absolute classic loose in my brain

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

was hoping for a radical redesign, but I guess their bet is on recognition value.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I was hoping against a radical redesign and I got what I wanted, one of the best bikes ever concieved lives on.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
The streamlined cans look super good, they blend with the design way better than the original parts bin cylinders.

Also wow built in kneepads in 2021! An excellent feature that's been uncommon for way too long

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

busalover posted:

was hoping for a radical redesign, but I guess their bet is on recognition value.

It looks powerful and muscular and not pretty at all. It's perfect. Like a gorilla in a suit. Suzuki really nailed it with this design. I think the black and orange one is definitely the one to have.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

But whaaaaaaat are the specs? Or have they not said yet?

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

It's the same engine just "fully revised", but with an IMU and other new electronics. https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/2022-suzuki-hayabusa/

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Slavvy posted:

concieved lives on.

Hell yeah you'll conceive some lives on that bike :huh:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I’m glad they didn’t go the Kawasaki route and try to redesign it to an autobot. That poo poo is :wtc:

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I love how it looks, especially the exhaust pipe in that contrasting color that makes it look almost cartoon like.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I've tried to effort post a few times but I keep coming back to just... lol @ Suzuki

I don't get why they bothered. They should have just killed it off, let the stank of Suzuki's laziness wear off for a few years and then brought the Hayabusa back as their big electric platform.

Heavy, torquey, comfy. It's perfect for electrification.

Keep torturing one of your most iconic nameplates till it means nothing instead I guess.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Deeters posted:

It's the same engine just "fully revised", but with an IMU and other new electronics. https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/2022-suzuki-hayabusa/
1 out of 100 pictures shows a person actually riding it like a human being.

Does Suzuki make a touring version of this?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Spiffness posted:

I've tried to effort post a few times but I keep coming back to just... lol @ Suzuki

I don't get why they bothered. They should have just killed it off, let the stank of Suzuki's laziness wear off for a few years and then brought the Hayabusa back as their big electric platform.

Heavy, torquey, comfy. It's perfect for electrification.

Keep torturing one of your most iconic nameplates till it means nothing instead I guess.

The gently caress is wrong with you man.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I feel like Suzuki oversold the hype on this one, if they would have sold it as an “update to a classic” or something like that it would have been better.

That being said, new suspension, bigger Brembo brakes and a crazy electronics package including corner abs, launch control, 6 axis imu, electronic shifting and a host of other stuff is a big deal. It’s just not “WHOLE NEW ERA” big deal.

It makes sense that they didn’t chase the H2 into stratospheric rich person territory (although I kind of wish they turned it into an everymans H2, which I guess it sort of is), it’s still a bike for the average person and I’m sure the performance is still eye watering, because the old busa was no slouch either.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

582 lbs wet though, but I have to admit I like it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Finger Prince posted:

The gently caress is wrong with you man.

Honestly unless they are going to go after the H2/Panigale, which the pricing and modest HP increase says they are not, it’s still the biggest bang for its buck in the segment. We’ll see what happens if/when kawi updates the zx14, but between the zx14 and busa, this lets the busa take the throne back in my opinion

E:

I like it. I’m gonna say I fall on that side of the fence. I’m onboard

Also the silver and red scheme looks siiiiiick

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Feb 5, 2021

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

200+ mph top speed, fastest motorcycle on the planet for like 10 years running

"Well I'm sure it'll be no slouch, I just wish they could have really made it competitive, you know?"

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Someone here did a big effort post once about the "generations" of motorcycles. First was the power generation, then once they had the power they competed on getting suspension/chassis good enough to safely use that power. In the last ten years it's been a chase for electronics to apply the crazy power and suspension/chassis in a safe manner to allow you to get closer to the razors edge. To that end, the new busa seems natural. It was game braking power when the first gen released. Now they are making that proven package even more capable, so you can actually use way more of it's power.

Suzuki doesn't have to chase the H2. That's not what they are about as a company, and busa people are plenty happy to add forced induction to their bikes. To me, Suzuki makes bikes that "feel right" and are a sweet spot of performance and reliability that makes them a favorite. This seems like making an H2 that "feels right" for regular use, rather than a rocket that is only good for bike shows and landing strips.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Those package updates would have been a great upgrade in, say, 2015. In 2021? The least I expect from a full size bike is 6 axis IMU, cornering abs and modes/cruise/QS, etc.

In 2004 when I was getting into motorcycling again for the first time since I was a kid the Hayabusa was revered. King poo poo.

I guess on my next trip down to FL I'll find out if it worked.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

To be fair, I don’t think they SHOULD chase the H2 or the Panigale, I’m fine with it being the competitor to the ZX14 and being what it is.

When you get to H2/Panigale territory it’s less of a real motorcycle and more of a showpiece to brag with.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Orange chain prevents maintenance shame.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

The Yamaha v-max was essentially unchanged for 23 years, and it was never not badass the entire time. Then look what happened when they "significantly updated" it.
The hayabusa is Suzuki's v-max. They made the right choices here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Spiffness posted:

Those package updates would have been a great upgrade in, say, 2015. In 2021? The least I expect from a full size bike is 6 axis IMU, cornering abs and modes/cruise/QS, etc.

In 2004 when I was getting into motorcycling again for the first time since I was a kid the Hayabusa was revered. King poo poo.

I guess on my next trip down to FL I'll find out if it worked.

You expect it? Why, did all those bikes without that stuff crash horribly or something? Possible crap rider spotted.

I've ridden the busa, the zx14, the h2, the zx12 and every other "big" bike and the busa is by far and away the best handling out of them all, they literally don't need to improve it because nobody has bettered it yet. Even the h2, whilst really powerful and gadgety, is merely a very competent big bike and doesn't feel like a gsxr expanded by 25%. They are absolute magic, no other bike like them exists regardless of what numbers on paper convince you to believe.