Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

mcmagic posted:

They should just raise it to 15 bucks everywhere but WV and just make it 11 there like Manchin wants. I'm sure his voters will love that.

Impoverish the public to punish the corruption of the Democrat party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

hey Cory, what did Fred say about Capitalism

he said, "we're gonna have ----- imperialists" and cory booker was like HELL YEAH

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

They should raise it to 15 dollars everywhere and run Manchin out of town on a rail

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

mcmagic posted:

If you had a big drop off in income from 2019 to 2020 and you file your 2020 taxes before the bill passes in a few weeks you will get the 1400 apparently.

I get to file for the tax credit for the $1800 I didn't receive and now this :pram:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

comedyblissoption posted:

trump is the only reason there is even a debate about $2000 because he said $600 was too little and them talking about $1400+$600 grounds it specifically as a trump policy

there was a nyt article saying biden specifically negotiated the checks down to $600
I continue to lol about the fact that it was Trump's idea to get everyone $2k

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Doomtrain to Mundo Fine

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Reality Protester posted:

the seattle (or portland?) landlord rapper standing in his 100,000 dollar car telling everyone to vote for biden

killer mike lives in atlanta op

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

It owns that democrats make zero effort to expand voting but Republicans flood their legislatures with Bill after Bill to keep themselves in power

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

he said, "we're gonna have ----- imperialists" and cory booker was like HELL YEAH

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Atrocious Joe posted:

Navalny is a figure that looks towards the West for aid, and western governments think they can work with him. He's probably not on anyone's payroll, but he's willing to reopen Russia to exploitation by Western capital. Putin is a capitalist too, but he's tried his best to make sure it's Russians getting rich by exploiting labor and resources in Russia. Lots of the economic hardships regular Russians are facing have their roots in Western sanctions as well, which is often left out of the story by Western media.

The Communist Party in Russia led mass protests against pension cuts in the country a few years ago and the only English language media to report on it was ,ironically, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty.

Thats more or less what my understanding of the situation was.

My understanding about the Russian Communist Party is that they're little more than controlled opposition these days, which is probably why Radio Free Europe reported on them at all.

The most interesting person in Russian politics today to me is Sergei Furgal. He's a member of Zhirinovsky's party, but doesn't appear to be one of Zhirinovsky's guys, if that makes any sense. When he was in the State Duma, he was pushing for universal health care, or something similar. He later became governor of the Kharbovsk region and implemented a number of populist policies (for example forcing airlines to reduce ticket prices, which is really important for people living in the far east). He was recently arrested prior to the constitutional referrendum.

Whats most interesting to me about him is that he does not appear to be connected to Navalny or any of the other standard opposition groups within Russia, and he doesn't get any press in the west. When he was arrested Zhirinovsky didn't put up a fight and sent one of his own people to take over, and this guy immediately started rolling back Furgal's populist policies (again with the airline tickets, for example), so it doesn't look like he's connected to the central government either. Finally, when he was arrested there were MASSIVE, spontaneous protests in his favor. These were not organized by Navalny or boosted in western media, so it looks like they're an indication of genuine popularity.

I may be missing something obvious, but as far as Russian politicians to have any sort of hope in (at least as far as improving the domestic situation), he's it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Furgal

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

amazing, they omitted the biggest & most powerful cabal of the election.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Populon posted:

He had a sincere post a few pages back and it took me a second to realize it was actually his opinion and not a dnd copy paste lol

It's a pretty easy test:
Is it succ? -> Not me
Is it progressive and hating/making fun of libs? -> Me

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DoomTrainPhD posted:

It's a pretty easy test:
Is it succ? -> Not me
Is it progressive and hating/making fun of libs? -> Me

you're lucky, i have to use quotes because my normal posts are also bad

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

gay_crimes posted:

jimmy dore

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Quetzadilla posted:

someday people will stop biting on doomtrain quotes. not today tho.

carrot-crunch.wav

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1357499748941447168

lol that these people imagine a scenario like this and they're not fighting or hiding or doing anything different than usual, they're watching TV news on the couch, probably drinking wine

i feel ill
https://twitter.com/sistahwithbraid/status/1357592581962629122

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
https://twitter.com/aidan_smx/status/1357597492511002624

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I do too.

I mean how the gently caress was not one of the replies Orson Welles?!?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Joy Reid here to tell you how the alien invasion was foretold during the Florida recounts followed by a body language expert to tell us how the aliens are insulting kamala

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Dixon Chisholm posted:

carrot-crunch.wav

nice

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

I preferred sam bee if I'm being honest

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Populon posted:

I preferred sam bee if I'm being honest

a choice between a segregationist and a segregationist rapist isn't much of a choice at all but that's above my paygrade.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Reality Protester posted:

the seattle (or portland?) landlord rapper standing in his 100,000 dollar car telling everyone to vote for biden

it was Seattle, that guy succed

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1357810392546697221

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1357499748941447168

lol that these people imagine a scenario like this and they're not fighting or hiding or doing anything different than usual, they're watching TV news on the couch, probably drinking wine

I'd choose Anderson Cooper so long as the aliens disintegrated him on live TV

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Fleetwood posted:

I'd choose Anderson Cooper so long as the aliens disintegrated him on live TV

ooh this is the option instead? Wolf Blitzer would be far funnier

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

the entire point of 600+1400 is that it pushes the narrative that the 600 was given by congress, and by extension the democrats, not tremp. never tremp. tremp never helped you it was all us, the Good Ones

which is still hilarious because they have the memory of a toadstool and completely forgot the 1.2k tremp also gave folks

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

it's flagrant policy poaching and it's hilariously petty

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Buck Wildman posted:

it's flagrant policy poaching and it's hilariously petty

And the NYT report that Biden intervened to get the demands lowered in the bill that got the $600 got zero exposure.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
$14 + $88 = a joe biden presidency

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

like is $1.8k divided between two checks in anyway sufficient? lol loving of course not, so how pathetic is it that the dems can't even outplay that

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I'm not surprised no one is asking why we're at war with the aliens, let alone how we got to a point where we're fighting them in this hypothetical

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I guess that makes me a Posadist since I'm rooting for the aliens here

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Biden Administration takes further strides in closing migrant facilities by transferring overflow of unaccompanied children to x'grunen blood pits

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Victory Position posted:

I guess that makes me a Posadist since I'm rooting for the aliens here

hell, same

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I feel like that tweet leaves open the possibility that the aliens are just Mexicans

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Alienx

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The more letters we replace with "Xs" arbitrarily, the closer we are to Liberation, comrades!

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

I hate this disingenuous rear end in a top hat

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1357743471885484032

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

I vant to sniff your hair!

How's that for a low effort lovely joke?