Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Sirbloody posted:

Took a gamble on the weapon banner trying to get the polearm.... Got the sword I have no one that will benefit from the sword since my Bennett is support not DPS. I guess I can throw it on Anemo Traveler and level him up

Bennett could still benefit from the sword if you have enough ER from other sources for him to ult on cooldown (assuming you're using an ER sword as support), as a fully leveled 5* would add a good amount to his attack buff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Dammit, got c1 Jean. Does this actually do anything for me?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Dammit, got c1 Jean. Does this actually do anything for me?
Gets you closer to C2...

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!

MajorBonnet posted:

Bennett could still benefit from the sword if you have enough ER from other sources for him to ult on cooldown (assuming you're using an ER sword as support), as a fully leveled 5* would add a good amount to his attack buff.

He is using Festering at the moment. which gives me a good chunk of ER but I might switch to the new sword just to see how it performs. I am working on his artifacts I only have "1" that I leveled to 20 for him at the moment (Attack Feather with ER, % , HP % Em and DEF %)

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
Jean's Constellations are front loaded and C1 and C2 are super strong and amazing (c1 doesn't add 40% more physics damage but is an extra 3.5k damage at the end of a yeet combo with average gear) C2 is a team wide attack speed buff that's super easy to get and attack speed buffs are super strong for everyone's dps. C3 onwards are just the +3 levels and some pointless stuff that needs stuff to stay in the field, but since Jean's field is smaller than Bennets you see how that works out.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

her C4 res shred seems pretty great, it's not as if anemo shred is super rare (MC C6, Venti C2) but hers has the biggest numbers and simplest condition to fulfill. unlike C2/C6 Venti it's also a constellation you don't have to consciously target.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

:negative: I got C1 Mona from my normal banner pity

Would kill for Jean

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Giant Dendro slimes count as red creatures for the kamera event. Very kurious indeed.

A good place to complete today's photos is the area south of the artifact bunker. There's Pyro/Dendro slimes, whopperflowers (might need to CC them), and a few red hilichurls as well.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

gandlethorpe posted:

Giant Dendro slimes count as red creatures for the kamera event. Very kurious indeed.

A good place to complete today's photos is the area south of the artifact bunker. There's Pyro/Dendro slimes, whopperflowers (might need to CC them), and a few red hilichurls as well.

Where's the artifact bunker at? I'm starting the routes today, haven't learned em yet

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

zgrowler2 posted:

Where's the artifact bunker at? I'm starting the routes today, haven't learned em yet

Yeah I need to start running routes too I guess

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

zgrowler2 posted:

https://fragstrat.com/genshin-impact/artifacts-farming-route

West of Wangshu #5

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
About how much content is there in this game? And is it a standalone launcher through the games website only?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Skyarb posted:

About how much content is there in this game? And is it a standalone launcher through the games website only?

the game's in its early stages with 2.5 of 7+ major zones available, there's easily 40+ hours of content you can do ignoring gacha completely. Content is gated by gear quality primarily and everything that isn't premium weapons or characters can be obtained F2P. PC launcher is standalone and gotten from the website, Playstation is through PS store, mobile is through App/Play Store. PC and mobile are crosssave and crossplay if that's your bag.

Got it, thanks!

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Feb 5, 2021

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

Skyarb posted:

If you're starting fresh out the gate, there is a lot of content. The main story quests are lengthy, however they are gated by Aventure Level (basically your account level) requirements which means you will need to play daily to access it. The world map is massive and offers a very breath of the wild feeling to explore. Chests, puzzles, and monsters are littered across the map making every few steps feel like a treasure hunt. It has enough content that a F2P person will be satisfied for 30+ hours easily.

If you've played the game since launch, the content feels a bit dry. Once you've purged the map of a majority of treasure chests, fulfilled every side/main quest, explored every map zone, then you don't have much to do until new event quests (like the picture taking one going on now) or main quests (usually added monthly). End game content is basically:
-Use your resin (the stamina in the game)
-Do 4 daily commissions
-Do weekly things like bosses or reputation quests
-Complete the highest floor of Spiral Abyss (bi-weekly "end game" challenge that gives rewards)
It's a great game and anyone stepping into it right now will be overwhelmed. But once you do it all, you kind of just do nothing but get stronger for no reason.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
For the Five Flushes Of Fortune event, based on the Discord, seems like the game has lowered the chances of people getting brown and yellow. Based on the Discord and my friend list, brown seems rarer than yellow. If the developers wanted players to trade, the color distribution is definitely skewed against trading. The developers could be making so that the distribution is skewed for each day so that trading does not occur too early, preventing players from trading colors they may need later, but if that is not the case, definitely a terrible event.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Flair posted:

For the Five Flushes Of Fortune event, based on the Discord, seems like the game has lowered the chances of people getting brown and yellow. Based on the Discord and my friend list, brown seems rarer than yellow. If the developers wanted players to trade, the color distribution is definitely skewed against trading. The developers could be making so that the distribution is skewed for each day so that trading does not occur too early, preventing players from trading colors they may need later, but if that is not the case, definitely a terrible event.

Yeah I feel like the trading is going to be useless until the last couple days of the event when everyone knows what they don't need anymore. And even more useless based on what you said. Lately they are really struggling with finding reasons to get you to work together or co-op. The marvelous boxes thing was kiiinda okay but I honestly am not wasting my time looking for someone who has a paltry reward slightly different than my own.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Flair posted:

I got mostly reds on the first day, mostly blues on the second day, and mostly purples today. I'm expecting yellow or brown tomorrow so I do think it's as you said.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
After two days of taking pics and claiming rewards twice, I have three of each color remaining. Except brown of which I have none.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

The Crusher posted:

If you're starting fresh out the gate, there is a lot of content. The main story quests are lengthy, however they are gated by Aventure Level (basically your account level) requirements which means you will need to play daily to access it. The world map is massive and offers a very breath of the wild feeling to explore. Chests, puzzles, and monsters are littered across the map making every few steps feel like a treasure hunt. It has enough content that a F2P person will be satisfied for 30+ hours easily.

If you've played the game since launch, the content feels a bit dry. Once you've purged the map of a majority of treasure chests, fulfilled every side/main quest, explored every map zone, then you don't have much to do until new event quests (like the picture taking one going on now) or main quests (usually added monthly). End game content is basically:
-Use your resin (the stamina in the game)
-Do 4 daily commissions
-Do weekly things like bosses or reputation quests
-Complete the highest floor of Spiral Abyss (bi-weekly "end game" challenge that gives rewards)
It's a great game and anyone stepping into it right now will be overwhelmed. But once you do it all, you kind of just do nothing but get stronger for no reason.

Just to clarify something - none of the content in the game is gated behind paying for anything. The only thing thats gated is fancy characters and weapons. The gatcha characters and weapons are more powerful than the stuff you will just get just by playing the game, but that additional power is not needed to finish what's currently available. The only thing that the extra power is even remotely needed for is the end-game scaling dungeon, and even then people have completed it using only the "f2p" characters and weapons you get by playing the story.

Even then, you still get 20 or 30 pulls from the gatcha per month for free, netting you 2-3 new characters or weapons. So if you've been playing since the beginning and have spent $0, you will have a nice large roster of gatcha characters and weapons to choose from. You might not have everyone, and you might not have the latest released character (unless you saved up), but you won't be stuck with the 7 story characters forever.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Game now has a very large amount of content, barely any of it gated behind gacha. Characters are the obvious exception. And weapons, though you can use whatever weapons in the early game.

The resin system introduced at AR15 doesn't even really become a factor until like after AR30. When you need to run a boss more than once to ascend a character while also leveling up skills. But the real resin sink is artifacts, which you shouldn't be farming for until at least AR40 (but really 45).

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Flair posted:

Given how poorly implemented the Kamera itself is (at least on PC, you have to click and drag it around with laggy inverted mouse controls and then pray that it will take a picture of the thing very clearly in frame), I wouldn't immediately jump to "the developers are playing 4D chess with the drops" as likely.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I have received exactly one brown and yellow to complete the quests on my own each day, but I have something like 8 red and 6 aqua extra.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think you're guaranteed at least one completion per day. If thats wrong lmk.

Despite the weirdness around trading I do think the mechanics of it are cool. I made it harder on myself than I shpuld have by going after abyss mages for blue day but thats part of the fun.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

No Wave posted:

Despite the weirdness around trading I do think the mechanics of it are cool. I made it harder on myself than I shpuld have by going after abyss mages for blue day but thats part of the fun.

I decided to go to Oceanid for blue day. It was Successful, but not recommended lmao.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I really wonder if their RNG implementation is just crap. But true randomness is so weird that we'd need a much larger sample size to say.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sirbloody posted:

Took a gamble on the weapon banner trying to get the polearm.... Got the sword I have no one that will benefit from the sword since my Bennett is support not DPS. I guess I can throw it on Anemo Traveler and level him up

Would Bennet be the only person that it's particularly good on? Even as support it seems like it might be good since it buffs his burst.

Like someone mentioned when I asked before, Xingqiu also has something that scales off HP, but I seriously doubt that anything would be better on him than Sacrificial Sword (unless you're trying to make him into some sort of carry for some reason).

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Ytlaya posted:

Would Bennet be the only person that it's particularly good on? Even as support it seems like it might be good since it buffs his burst.

Like someone mentioned when I asked before, Xingqiu also has something that scales off HP, but I seriously doubt that anything would be better on him than Sacrificial Sword (unless you're trying to make him into some sort of carry for some reason).

It's Keqing's overall best sword.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i want to be able to tell daily commissioners to shove it and do it themselves. but still get the primo credit. i never want to do another Unseen Razor or the Pick Qingxin For This Stupid rear end in a top hat quest again

No Wave posted:

i've taken 20 photos and i've gotten 0 browns

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

People who have been playing from the start, even f2p, will by this point have all or almost all of the 4* characters and a couple of 5* characters. And even a party consisting entirely of 4* characters can be very strong.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Qwertycoatl posted:

People who have been playing from the start, even f2p, will by this point have all or almost all of the 4* characters and a couple of 5* characters. And even a party consisting entirely of 4* characters can be very strong.

Yeah I haven't spent a dime on this game and I have two 5* from wishes and a bunch of 4* characters. Overall the game is surprisingly generous in that regard, but that generosity is rendered utterly irrelevant by its very gacha nature. The funny thing is that since I haven't spent any money on it, I figured since I'd spent countless hours and had a lot of fun with it, I'd put in a few coins to get some goodies but the mtx in this game is almost offensively bad. 5 euros for 60 primogems? Really? There are countless F2P games that are far worse that have better mtx in them.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Yeah that's one thing that is nice is basically every unit in this game can be strong and in most cases 4 stars are some of the best. I've essentially maxed out my Ganyu in every field except constellations and She is maybe only slightly stronger albeit less versatile than my Ningguang. This geo resonance buff only made her spicier!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You only buy the Welkin, everything else doesn't exist.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah I haven't spent a dime on this game and I have two 5* from wishes and a bunch of 4* characters. Overall the game is surprisingly generous in that regard, but that generosity is rendered utterly irrelevant by its very gacha nature. The funny thing is that since I haven't spent any money on it, I figured since I'd spent countless hours and had a lot of fun with it, I'd put in a few coins to get some goodies but the mtx in this game is almost offensively bad. 5 euros for 60 primogems? Really? There are countless F2P games that are far worse that have better mtx in them.

this is to make the welkin/BP look like a deal

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

They floated rumors/ideas of making that welkin equivalent for resin that looked like hot garbage. I'm sorta at the point now where I don't need primos, I don't need (extra) resin, I just need something to strive for.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

padijun posted:

this is to make the welkin/BP look like a deal

Is it, though? Honestly I haven't looked into it beyond what's available on the PSN store so I don't see how much putting actual money into this game gives you a better chance at characters/weapons. Like how much do I really get if I throw 21 euros into this thing?

Disclaimer: I never would put money into this game, I'm just curious.

E: Like, if I paid a tenner for a 1000 primos and like 10 condensed resin, then we're talking.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Stare-Out posted:

Is it, though? Honestly I haven't looked into it beyond what's available on the PSN store so I don't see how much putting actual money into this game gives you a better chance at characters/weapons. Like how much do I really get if I throw 21 euros into this thing?

I wouldn't ask period and just ignore it if you're never going to pay. Quench all curiosity.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Stare-Out posted:

E: Like, if I paid a tenner for a 1000 primos and like 10 condensed resin, then we're talking.
You would spend 5 euros every month for four months. Every day you log in you'd get 90 extra primogems, and if you logged in every day it would add up to about 60 extra rolls over those four months. This is by far the best value in the game. If you miss a log in you get nothing for that day though.

Just straight up buying rolls would get you 15 rolls now and that's it (bad deal).

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I've bought 3 welkins and 2 battlepasses. Have five 5 star characters and one 5 star weapon. So I probably got an extra two or three 5 star characters. You also get a bunch of materials from the BP, and the weapon.

Done spending money on the game though.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
To be clear on the math, paying $5 for the Welkin Moon gets you 3,000 primos. In order to get that same amount of primos buying from the cash shop you would need to pay $45. Buying from the cash shop is only for people who have run out of yachts to buy and they need something else to waste their money on.

I don't mind spending $12 a month on this game, so thats Welkin + Battlepass. Plus having the battlepass makes the endgame actually rewarding, so thats an extra bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Qwertycoatl posted:

At this point you should have 6-7 5* if you FTP from the beginning, assuming you have spent all primogems and starglitter things.