Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Lunatic Sledge posted:

you would think not putting grotesque poo poo in a mod that size would be the easiest part of making one, and yet

Even Fallout, the actual game series, hasn't yet pulled off a game where they don't. But you'd think there'd at least be less of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Yeah, keep in mind this is the same series that has a slave cage full of children's toys in a brothel in Evergreen Mills. Along with... a lot of Fallout 2.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Lunatic Sledge posted:

you would think not putting grotesque poo poo in a mod that size would be the easiest part of making one, and yet

A lot of people working on Fallout mods are from previous generations of gamers who still go in for the weird poo poo that was broadly unchallenged or shoved under the rug back in the day, given how many mods for these games are weird sex poo poo or otherwise stuff that embarrasses other people. So it's probably hard to weed them out of a large team even if we accept the dubious proposition that the left hand didn't know what the right was doing.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Lunatic Sledge posted:

For mod writers pick one:
1.Willing to work for free for years
2. not a giant overt pervert

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back
The last time I played FO4 was a couple of years ago. Stopped at level 40 after picking up an early explosive shotgun on a random drop. So OP that I stopped having fun.

Not sure why, but I reinstalled FO4 and am having fun playing a gunslinger build. Gonna finish the main questline this time prob for the Institute as I have T60 and ballistic mods at level 22. I'm going between a pistol-ized Rightous Authority and Deliverer, and I will prob start using Kellogg's Pistol once I have farmed/bought enough .44 ammo.

I will store any explosive weapons I find, Not making that mistake again.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I am level 77 and my stealth sniper/1h melee build is proving to be pretty useless in Daily Ops, where I am reduced to plinking away at enemies with my Fixer and doing almost no damage to them in the process.

Can anyone recommend a good non-power-armor build/weapon(s) that I could start transitioning to so that I can contribute to daily ops with something more than a warm body to move the timer bars along? Almost all of my special points are in strength, perception, and agility (14 in each I believe.)

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Feb 4, 2021

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Parker Lewis posted:

I am level 77 and my stealth sniper/1h melee build is proving to be pretty useless in Daily Ops, where I am reduced to plinking away at enemies with my Fixer and doing almost no damage to them in the process.

Can anyone recommend a good non-power-armor build/weapon(s) that I could start transitioning to so that I can contribute to daily ops with something more than a warm body to move the timer bars along? Almost all of my special points are in strength, perception, and agility (14 in each I believe.)

Use this to show us your build.

https://nukesdragons.com/fallout76/perks

If you're only doing damage while in stealth I can tell you straight away that there are several things wrong with your build.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Sensenmann posted:

Use this to show us your build.

https://nukesdragons.com/fallout76/perks

If you're only doing damage while in stealth I can tell you straight away that there are several things wrong with your build.

Here is my current build, roast away.

I would like to keep the stealth stuff for solo play if possible but am not opposed to completely overhauling things if there is a better all-around build (commando-based, maybe?) that would be good for both Daily Ops and solo questing. I have wondered if I spread myself too thin by trying to have perks for both melee and non-auto rifles and would be fine focusing 100% on a specific weapon category.

I have 5 pieces of legendary armor equipped but it's basically just whatever the best level 50 stuff that has happened to drop for me so far, I have not done anything to farm/tailor my gear to my build yet.

For weapons, I pretty much exclusively use a level 50 Fixer for ranged and I have a few legendary 1h melees that I swap between based on enemy type.

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 4, 2021

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Parker Lewis posted:

I would like to keep the stealth stuff for solo play if possible but am not opposed to completely overhauling things if there is a better all-around build (commando-based, maybe?) that would be good for both Daily Ops and solo questing. I have wondered if I spread myself too thin by trying to have perks for both melee and non-auto rifles and would be fine focusing 100% on a specific weapon category.

I have 5 pieces of legendary armor equipped but it's basically just whatever the best level 50 stuff that has happened to drop for me so far, I have not done anything to farm/tailor my gear to my build yet.

For weapons, I pretty much exclusively use a level 50 Fixer for ranged and I have a few legendary 1h melees that I swap between based on enemy type.

Nothing to roast, this game just does a poo poo job in explaining things without extensive testing on your end. :)

Did some tweaking.

New

Strength is fine. Personally, I would swap all of those perks for a heady weapons build but if you want to Melee mobs into a red paste that's cool as well.
Perception: Rifleman is, sadly, extremely poo poo compared to Commando. Go full auto.
Endurance: Dromedary and Slow Metabolizer are both a waste since food and water are basically everywhere. Swapped it fo Fireproof. Makes you pretty much immune to most fire attacks and you'll shrug off the screech attacks from the flying cunts. You can use Fireproof 2 and slot in a 1* Rejuvenated to gain a big buff from being well rested/fed.
Charisma: Inspirational is fine but with only 4 points in Charisma you absoltely want to prioritize having Tenderizer instead. It is one of the most useful damage increasing perks. I threw in Strange in Numbers for good measure unless you don't have mutations, in which case I have to ask, why, what and you sure? :)
Intelligence: Melee weapons, currently at least, rarely break anymore so Makeshift Warrior is only good when you craft something. Use Gunsmith instead. Pharmacist and First Aid can be useful but right now you should use Gunsmith to keep your Fixer going.
Agility: That was mostly fine but I would suggest you ditch Sneak and slot in Adrenaline. Again, this is a damage enhancer. Sneak is not that useful, mod your armor with Shadowed mods instead.
Luck: Ricochet is fine, if you want more damage, add Bloody Mess. 1 point in Luck is not a very good choice, to say the least, so you might want to slot in the Legendary Luck perk card to increase that stat.

Note that this was just a quick tweak but that's probably the best you'll get out of a high S/P/A build. I can change it to turn you into a Commando monster but that will require some perk point swapping.

Also, are you low health or high health?

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. :)

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I had to switch to commando from rifleman, and I am doing much more damage now.

I am still mostly a warm body at the timers since I can't for the life of me memorize the layouts of the Daily Ops, but I *can* kill stuff at this point as long as they are not camouflaged since I am a VATS build.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Twincityhacker posted:

I had to switch to commando from rifleman, and I am doing much more damage now.

I am still mostly a warm body at the timers since I can't for the life of me memorize the layouts of the Daily Ops, but I *can* kill stuff at this point as long as they are not camouflaged since I am a VATS build.

I can solo them all, if I have to, but I find Camouflaged to be the most annoying enemies. Half the time they decloak after they've hit you multiple times, waste of ammo.
Resilient is extremely poo poo but at least you can cheese that with a minigun, no ammo and the shredder mod. I have a vamp mini just for Resilient Robots. It's hilarious.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Sensenmann posted:

I can solo them all, if I have to, but I find Camouflaged to be the most annoying enemies. Half the time they decloak after they've hit you multiple times, waste of ammo.
Resilient is extremely poo poo but at least you can cheese that with a minigun, no ammo and the shredder mod. I have a vamp mini just for Resilient Robots. It's hilarious.

I appreciate this tip. I usually dont even bother doing the resilient ops.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Parker Lewis posted:

As someone who enjoyed using one handed melee weapons at one point in this game, I would suggest moving away from them. They're pretty weak tbh. ITs actually pretty disappointing.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Sensenmann posted:

Did some tweaking.

Thanks for the feedback!

This led me down a path of more research and I realized that I am now 80+ hours into the game and have never intentionally used a mutation so it is probably time to start looking into those and the related perks to maintain them.

I also did not know that there are builds based around low health (that explains why my public groups always have people that are level 2-300+ that have 80% of their health bar red with radiation, right?)

I am not opposed to reallocating SPECIAL points and focusing around Commando (and dropping melee in the process).. what would a build like that look like? I guess I would prefer to stay with a high health build but could be talked into low health if that would be more optimal.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Parker Lewis posted:

Thanks for the feedback!

This led me down a path of more research and I realized that I am now 80+ hours into the game and have never intentionally used a mutation so it is probably time to start looking into those and the related perks to maintain them.

Mutations are amazing and you definitely want the "classics".

I've included them in the updated build. I've chosen Herbivore, so you can't get benefits from any kind of meat. If you want it to be the other way around, get Carnivore. Note that the intelligence buffs are easier to craft for Herbivores. Those are the only two mutations that are mutually exclusive. You can't have both.

Buy the serums at player vendors.
Don't pay more then 350 caps a pop.

There are three perks that directly affect your mutations.

Strange in Numbers under Charisma. That buffs the positive effect of mutations when you are on a team with other mutated players. Does nothing if you are on a team by yourself or with people who don't use mutations.

Starched Genes and Class Freak. Both are under Luck. Starched Genes is the one that makes sure that you can't get more mutations, heal your mutations by accident because you popped a Radaway or ran through a decon arch. You absolutely want to have this equipped at all times but only AFTER you have all the mutations you want.

Class Freak reduces the negative effects of mutations to the point that they can be ignored and don't matter. This can be safely unequipped if you want to add Super Duper for crafting. Just add it back once you are done, the difference between having it and not having it during a fight is extremely noticable.

quote:

I also did not know that there are builds based around low health (that explains why my public groups always have people that are level 2-300+ that have 80% of their health bar red with radiation, right?)

Correct. Some people go for sub 20% health, that's the point where you do the most damage. Those are the Bloody types. Bloodied weapons deal more damage the lower your health and sub 20% is the "comfort" zone for them.

Personally, I play low health but I usually stay above 20% because I don't play with Nerd Rage. (a perk that triggers once your health drops below 20% and increases your damage resistance, your damage output and buffs your AP regen.) It's not necessary to go full on Bloodied unless you want to absolutely dominate in terms of damage per shot and have a good Bloodied weapon. In your case, a Bloodied Fixer, Handmade or Railway Rifle. Damage per second is a whole different story.

For that you want to go heavy gunner, arguably the most relaxed build there is, but for that to be what I currently play, which is unkillable tank, you need 6 legendary perks maxed. That's not yet an option for you. :)

I'd suggest you try full health first and see if that works for you. If you want more damage you can always drop your health anyways.

quote:

I am not opposed to reallocating SPECIAL points and focusing around Commando (and dropping melee in the process).. what would a build like that look like? I guess I would prefer to stay with a high health build but could be talked into low health if that would be more optimal.

Something like this:
Stealth Commando

Your strength went down, considerably, so your carry weight dropped as well.

Blocker: You want that to absorb a lot of melee damage. It's the one perk card every build should have.
Bandolier: Your ammo weighs a lot less. Not needed if you aren't carrying a lot.
Travelling Pharmacy: Carry more stimpacks. Probably not needed for high health so it's not necessary unless you plan on hoarding that stuff to sell for caps.

For Perception I slotted in Ground Pounder at the cost of 1* from Master Commando and 2 from Concentrated Fire. The 5% damage output loss is barely noticable, the reload speed and hip fire accuracy from Ground Pounder, on the other hand, is very obvious.

For Endurance I added Rejuvenated. Being well fed and well hydrated gives you a huge buff that gets further increased by Rejuvenated. It's great. It's not needed if you don't care about the buff or are a fan of consuming self made food to get the buffs that way. Either way, keep or ditch at your leisure.

For Agility I ditched Ninja, dropped Adrenaline by 1* and added Born Suvivor, Gun Fu and Thru-Hiker. Born Suvivor auto stims you should you drop below 20% health. Many a death have been prevented by that. Gun Fu is a VATS only perk. If you intend on using VATS all the time and have a weapon that can drop mobs fairly fast, this is a great perk. Thru-Hiker is only useful if you want to carry some food and drinks around. If not, ditch it and increase the others.

For Luck it's Ricochet, Bloody Mess (extra damage) and the 2 mutation relevant perks mentioned above.

For this build to work you need to slot in and max out a Legendary Luck card. Or one of the other legendary cards, it's needed so you can add the important perks under Luck. If you don't want that or can't do it anytime soon leave it at 6 for the time being, drop Bloody Mess and slot in a 1* Ricochet.

I think that's all for now. :)

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 4, 2021

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
It's honestly painful playing without marsupial and bird bones. Saved my life more than once.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Bloodied builds are great, it reminds me of playing Fallout 4 on Survival. You kill everything really quickly, but you have to avoid taking too much damage yourself. Although in Power Armor you can withstand most attacks very well.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Parker Lewis posted:

Thanks for the feedback!

Here is my low health commando build. It's pretty fun, and I tend to be able to hold my own in fights:

https://nukesdragons.com/fallout76/...l71&m=51c249f36

This is a work in progress, and most of the work that is in progress is me trying to balance my nuclear winter build with my adventure mode build. The main reason I use a low health build is for the massive AP boost that I can get from unyielding.

High Health Commando is a totally viable build, especially if you are going with a high health junkies commando build.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
If you're on ps4 I can definitely hook you up with a weapon or two

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Note that Fireproof also reduces explosive damage which can outright trivialize that one Daily Op condition as well as help with many other threats.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

This is great help, thanks!

It is also fun to have a new goal to work towards with a plan on how to move my points around and pick up new perk cards as I continue leveling.

Looking forward to checking out mutations for the first time!

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 5, 2021

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Chamale posted:

Bloodied builds are great, it reminds me of playing Fallout 4 on Survival. You kill everything really quickly, but you have to avoid taking too much damage yourself. Although in Power Armor you can withstand most attacks very well.

Do you often play bloodied in PA? I'm a bloodied stealth commando with all uny armor pieces (just a mish mash of 2 and 3 stars) and feel like if I were going to go into PA, why not just switch up to an AA gun and go full health at that point if I'm not getting the special bonuses? IIRC according to the ornery turtle, AA only very slightly lags behind bloodied for damage output, and it won't be noticeable anyway. Maybe swap in the energy ammo weight perk for nerd rage for qol.

Genuinely asking, I haven't really paid attention at events to see if people do bloodied PA characters.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I don't recall seeing any bloodied PA characters lately, though half the time I'm the only one in PA.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I haven't actually played this game in months so maybe they nerfed Bloodied PA builds. Thinking about uninstalling Fallout 4 and getting back into 76, for one thing I love the soundtrack.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Has anyone with Excel and real bad OCD done a deep dive on ammo/damage/crafting mats efficiency? I was melee for like 125 levels but now that I'm doing heavy weapons I'm watching my lead supply dwindle rapidly and it is making me nervous.

It seems like using 10 lead to make 4 plasma cores and then using those 4 plasma cores to make 18 ultracite plasma cores has to be the clear winner even though the per round damage is probably always going to be a lot less than a gauss minigun.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

bird with big dick posted:

Has anyone with Excel and real bad OCD done a deep dive on ammo/damage/crafting mats efficiency? I was melee for like 125 levels but now that I'm doing heavy weapons I'm watching my lead supply dwindle rapidly and it is making me nervous.

It seems like using 10 lead to make 4 plasma cores and then using those 4 plasma cores to make 18 ultracite plasma cores has to be the clear winner even though the per round damage is probably always going to be a lot less than a gauss minigun.

ugh this is that kind of game? I was thinking about finally checking out 76 but this post almost made me vomit

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Pryor on Fire posted:

ugh this is that kind of game? I was thinking about finally checking out 76 but this post almost made me vomit
plasma cores are for ONE gun (gatling plasma). If you are using ANY other gun you can ignore that post. Even then I have a ton of them for some reason and have never crafted any.

it is that kind of game only if you want it to be. I've killed more endgame bosses than I can remember and I've never done any minmaxing like that

Roman fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 5, 2021

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

Do ultracite ammo, its pretty much always worth the added mats.

In terms of lead, its pretty easy to do one daily run through lucky hole mine in excavator armor. Theres a ton of lead ore in there, and the excavator doubles (I think its doubles, it definitely increases it) the amount of ore you get from each node.

You're gonna need a decent amount of acid though.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Do you often play bloodied in PA? I'm a bloodied stealth commando with all uny armor pieces (just a mish mash of 2 and 3 stars) and feel like if I were going to go into PA, why not just switch up to an AA gun and go full health at that point if I'm not getting the special bonuses? IIRC according to the ornery turtle, AA only very slightly lags behind bloodied for damage output, and it won't be noticeable anyway. Maybe swap in the energy ammo weight perk for nerd rage for qol.

Genuinely asking, I haven't really paid attention at events to see if people do bloodied PA characters.

Honestly its a personal preference thing, I dont use PA for my commando character at all.

You lose out on legendary armor with PA, which means you cant use Unyielding or Bolstering armor, but PA does have emergency protocols on the chest which is nice for bloodied builds.

Bolstering makes it so you have super high dr (Bolstering), and allows you to have other legendary effects too. Unyielding makes it so you have a shitload of AP which you can use with dodgey to great effect. I have a character that has full wood unyielding/sent/powered armor (the armor dupe recently was very nice to me) and she rarely actually takes damage because of her high ap and the sentinel effect. She's incredibly tanky, despite having the least effective armor in the game, and having pretty low DR.

Generally ive noticed that people with bloodied big gun builds will stay in power armor because of the bonuses it gives to heavy weapons, but those who are bloodied commando tend not to.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If I make the mistake of playing this, what sort of build should I look at at low levels?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Pryor on Fire posted:

its pretty resource intense at the beginning but after awhile materials are just loving plentiful

doing one quest (breach & clear) nets me enough lead and mats to make thousands and thousands of rounds of ammunition

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Lone Badger posted:

If I make the mistake of playing this, what sort of build should I look at at low levels?
melee is really strong at the beginning (and throughout the game) but its biggest strength is that you don't have to worry about ammo, just repair costs

but really, early on most everything is pretty powerful. shotgun vats is still pretty strong, even at 50+ levels, and starting out a trusty double barrel + concentrated fire + headshot will absolutely wreck most of the enemies you'll run into. you'll have a harder time with some bigger mobs, but you can go into shotgun crippler to help with that. nice thing is shotgun/melee can use the same set of SPECIAL points, so swapping between them can be pretty easy

I'd probably stick with melee -- and thanks to the upcoming build switcheroo thing, you can easily slide it out for another build if you feel like it (well, "easily..." since we don't have the full details, but much easier than it is now)

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I can only assume enemies are scaled up in a party, because my wife and I are in the 20s and everything is a huge bullet sponge. it's not necessarily hard, but it's tedious

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

hawowanlawow posted:

I can only assume enemies are scaled up in a party, because my wife and I are in the 20s and everything is a huge bullet sponge. it's not necessarily hard, but it's tedious
everything should just scale to your own level, regardless of who you are partied with. the game gets a little weird with scaling right around there, btw -- a problem they've tried to fix twice, and another fix for that level range should be coming in another patch

what are your builds like? and grabbing some legendary weapons from the purveyor or even just tagging along for quests like Uranium Fever and Wolf Horde: Forest can net you some pretty decent weapons at that level

if you tell me what builds you are using or going for, I could probably help optimize them a bit

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

TheAgent posted:

everything should just scale to your own level, regardless of who you are partied with. the game gets a little weird with scaling right around there, btw -- a problem they've tried to fix twice, and another fix for that level range should be coming in another patch

what are your builds like? and grabbing some legendary weapons from the purveyor or even just tagging along for quests like Uranium Fever and Wolf Horde: Forest can net you some pretty decent weapons at that level

if you tell me what builds you are using or going for, I could probably help optimize them a bit

I just have three points in commando and concentrated fire since those get recommended a lot, she has been putting points into shotguns. Does rifleman affect shotguns in 76 like it did in 4?

I hosed up and wasted a couple points in energy wep crafting before learning that they don't get better. We play by ourselves on a private server, and have done only the level appropriate events that have popped up (if we have enough ammo to be bothered at the time)

Basically when in doubt, I put points in str, per, and luck

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

hawowanlawow posted:

I just have three points in commando and concentrated fire since those get recommended a lot, she has been putting points into shotguns. Does rifleman affect shotguns in 76 like it did in 4?

I hosed up and wasted a couple points in energy wep crafting before learning that they don't get better. We play by ourselves on a private server, and have done only the level appropriate events that have popped up (if we have enough ammo to be bothered at the time)

Basically when in doubt, I put points in str, per, and luck
heavy energy weapons used to be completely stupid but now are pretty strong, especially if you get a decent roll on a legendary version. laser rifles/plasma rifles are still stupid because of how it calculates their armor piercing/damage reduction on hit. it's complicated, but stick to the heavy 'big gun' energy weapons and you'll be okay

I think they fixed rifleman and now only shotgunner perks apply % damage to shotguns.

I was going to make a few suggestions on your build, but really it doesn't matter much until you start getting into your 30s and 40s. its been awhile since I ran a character around your level, so I forgot there's not a whole lot of choice around the 20s. and most people now run with just a single star on damage cards (so 1x Commando, 1x Expert Commando, 1x Master Commando) because that's a 30% damage increase for 3 card slots, where if you maxxed all those out its only a 60% increase for 9 card slots. its better to grab something like bloodied mess (+15% damage at 3x) than try to max those cards out

but the biggest damage increase you can see around the 20s with normal weapons is doing a sneak build. by level 29 you can have 3x in sneak (level 20) and 3x in covert operative (level 27), and you'll see things that took 15 rounds to kill go down to 2 or 3 bullets or even a single shot

I'd suggest branching out into non-private servers to find better guns and resources on player vending machines. it can help tremendously finding a decent weapon or weapon plans to modify your existing weapons, or just being able to buy ammo for a cap each can really help with your ammo issues. no one ganks anyone anymore or pvps. or if they do I haven't seen that happen in over a year

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

TheAgent posted:

I'd suggest branching out into non-private servers to find better guns and resources on player vending machines. it can help tremendously finding a decent weapon or weapon plans to modify your existing weapons, or just being able to buy ammo for a cap each can really help with your ammo issues. no one ganks anyone anymore or pvps. or if they do I haven't seen that happen in over a year

Yeah do this. I soloed in a private world up until lvl 50 and it was a pointless waste of time and caps. Use the player vending machines lol

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

According to the wiki compound bows have insane damage-per-ap. Is that because reload time isn't taken into account?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

TheAgent posted:

but the biggest damage increase you can see around the 20s with normal weapons is doing a sneak build. by level 29 you can have 3x in sneak (level 20) and 3x in covert operative (level 27), and you'll see things that took 15 rounds to kill go down to 2 or 3 bullets or even a single shot

To add to this it can take a few hits for an enemy to no longer take sneak attack hits, especially if you have a high enough RoF. I've killed more than a few things with .50 cal mg 'sneak attacks' where I land upwards of 10 or so hits on the target.

Edit: vvv I run this build, more or less, though since I've got enough power cores I switch out power user for rank 3 demolitions and pack a 40mm Armor-Piercing AGL for certain situations. I also drop Lone Wanderer for Tenderizer and Strange in Numbers. More often than not I'm the focus of any bigs, which is why I have Taking One For The Team as one of my legendary perks.

Taerkar fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I'm probably not playing this game right, but this is the build I've been rolling with I use a Final Word .50 cal I bought for pretty cheap at a vending machine. Between ammosmith, super duper, and the ledgendary perk I never run out of ammo. In fact it's the only gun I carry on me most of the time. I always use power armor, playing without a jetpack just isn't the same. (and the no fall damage comes in handy too)

Bloodied builds don't appeal to me, I don't care if I can one-shot Earl, or Pete, or whatever his name is (I haven't gotten around to doing that one yet) In fact I haven't even finished the main story, always log in intending to progress it and always side side tracked with some BS, or visit people's CAMPS, or rebuild my own yet again...