Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Gaz-L posted:

Like the three different Stark suits aren't constantly streaming video to the cloud?

All 3 of them are walking, talking NSA/CIA/DHS/FBI spy programs lol

Rodney is military!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Knew it was coming but I still fuckin popped big for Evan Peters Quicksilver at the end of episode 5.

It's incredible how they manage to delight me in so many ways and continue to disappoint me by just reaffirming "no Wanda is doing this" over and over. Monica fighting for her innocence almost gives me hope, but comics have rendered that an impossible feat. :v:

Honestly prefer it this way. Any other way robs her agency.

Wanda is doing this for recognizable, human reasons. Anything on top of that lessens the import of it, and the relatability of if it. If you had that much unspeakable power, this is poo poo that people would absolutely do.

BrianWilly posted:

Crossposting my current theory that the Wanda who ransacked SWORD to get Vision's body, aka the Wanda who threatened everyone at the border, is an imposter disguised as her.

Like this is way too much bad comic books to me. Why complicate a thing this much?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I'm not on the Wanda imposter train just yet but Agnes is definitely pushing Wanda towards something, she has been ingratiating herself since the beginning and always has a convenient solution (to problems she might even be causing behind the scenes). In this episode she (probably) introduced a dog to the kids only to then kill it in an attempt to manipulate Wanda into bringing it back to life. I think her end goal might be along the lines of using Wanda's power to resurrect her dark master Sata...I mean Mephisto. though China won't like that and Disney is beholden to them so maybe not.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I'm not on the Wanda imposter train just yet but Agnes is definitely pushing Wanda towards something, she has been ingratiating herself since the beginning and always has a convenient solution (to problems she might even be causing behind the scenes). In this episode she (probably) introduced a dog to the kids only to then kill it in an attempt to manipulate Wanda into bringing it back to life. I think her end goal might be along the lines of using Wanda's power to resurrect her dark master Sata...I mean Mephisto. though China won't like that and Disney is beholden to them so maybe not.

You're definitely meant to be thinking somewhere along these lines. Like Vision wears his face because he believes she's going to pop into the house with the doghouse. He's picking up on it and we're with him. I know I'm doubleposting a bit, but Vis came ALIVE to me as a character in this one. His realization on what's going on, being angry with Wanda for reanimating and puppeteering him, and then what appears for now to be his sad acceptance that he can't stop her. Really wonderful humanization.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Paul Bettany is definitely doing some solid work.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

MacheteZombie posted:

Paul Bettany is definitely doing some solid work.

"Stop LYING TO ME!!" is a killer line read.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gavok posted:

"Stop LYING TO ME!!" is a killer line read.

Hes getting to show off a good amount of range on WV, and I'm really enjoying it.

Also did anyone else feel like Wanda slipped into her accent at times this week? During the showdown with sword

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
She did and I assumed it was intentional as a contrast to the fake Americana of the delusion

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MacheteZombie posted:

Hes getting to show off a good amount of range on WV, and I'm really enjoying it.

Also did anyone else feel like Wanda slipped into her accent at times this week? During the showdown with sword

Yeah the accent was definitely back to a degree in that scene, which made sense.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

The baby pictures were hilarious “oh nice she gave them some old family photos” then Vision hits.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Yeah it's clear now why both Bettany and Olsen seem genuinely excited during press for this and not the usual level of canned response fake enthusiastic.

MacheteZombie posted:

Yeah that seemed intentional for sure, almost like a response to people saying it dissapeared in the movies maybe.

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 5, 2021

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
for those who saw the 20 seconds or so of footage from episode 6 that somehow leaked last week, there are some very interesting hints as to where this cliffhanger is going

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

All the movies we're watching are actually the in universe reinactment stories. Chris Evans is playing Chris Evans playing Steve Rodgers. How deep does the rabbit hole go

This answers the question of if Matt Damon was actually portraying Matt Damon portraying Loki in a play or not!

EDIT: WV spoilers I also loving loved that the laugh track played over the tense "Can't I" and the argument kept going through the credits until Vision broke through them with his frustration and fear! That was amazing, and then we get the Monkey's Paw door knock and whew all that.

So what was the reference with the paper towel commercial? When Wanda put the fear hex on the Avengers, that was in Lagos, right?

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 5, 2021

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It just caught me off guard because of how it was straight up dropped in the movies

site posted:

She did and I assumed it was intentional as a contrast to the fake Americana of the delusion

This is a good point tho

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

A talking coyote posted:

The baby pictures were hilarious “oh nice she gave them some old family photos” then Vision hits.

Those were amazing

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

A talking coyote posted:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Honestly I wish the baby pics were old stark computers

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

It just caught me off guard because of how it was straight up dropped in the movies

This is a good point tho

I'm not sure what their reasoning was but it seemed like they were slowly dialing it back in each movie and maybe went a little too far in Infinity War.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Just incredible

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gotta wonder If those were actually Paul Bettany's child photos

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Soonmot posted:

So what was the reference with the paper towel commercial? When Wanda put the fear hex on the Avengers, that was in Lagos, right?

It was the opening scene in Civil War, hence the "mopping up all the blood" imagery.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
And the repeated "When you make a mistake" messaging.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Soonmot posted:

This answers the question of if Matt Damon was actually portraying Matt Damon portraying Loki in a play or not!

EDIT: WV spoilers I also loving loved that the laugh track played over the tense "Can't I" and the argument kept going through the credits until Vision broke through them with his frustration and fear! That was amazing, and then we get the Monkey's Paw door knock and whew all that.

Lagos is where she blew all those people up.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Vince MechMahon posted:

Lagos is where she blew all those people up.

So they're supposed to represent the specific traumas that led her to this point and are basically in order but it really seems like they messed up by not making hydra soap an Ultron thing. I guess they're doing one for Strucker and Hydra independently, maybe they're not in exact order and they're saving Ultron and Thanos for later.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I really like WandaVision.

I don't really have anything substantively to add other than Hahn is clearly the villain, right? She shows up with a dog house 3 seconds after they get a dog? She's the one who finds the dog dead? Completely unperturbed by the kids aging up? Randomly acts like "hey should I start again from the top" to make Vision suspect something? There's some shady poo poo going on there. Also did not see the Fox X-Men Quicksilver thing coming at all.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Feb 6, 2021

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Crossposting from the TVIV thread

(With regards to some mysterious friend Monica is trying to contact)

cant cook creole bream posted:

Come on Marvel, give me Toni Ho. She even hung out with Monica in her latest comics iteration. Wanda and her can bond over having their fathers killed by Stark weaponry. Also she even tinkered around on Vision at some point.
I don't care that her dad was under the impression that his whole family was already dead in Iron Man. Who even remembers what happened in the first hour of the MCU?
It's really unlikely to happen, but assuming you'd want to introduce her, this would be the best chance to do so.
I just want to have the cool purple-haired science genius in MCU.

Also, is this the first episode which states that Westview is in New Jersey? Do you know who is notorious for being from New Jersey and happens to have a series later this year?
Calling it: Wanda's weirdness will give Kamala her Ms. Marvel powers.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

We knew it was Jersey from the last episode. And I've read an interview with Olsen where she said that the accent choices are never random, and if it goes away or comes back in any scene it's always intentional and has meaning behind it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

mikeraskol posted:

I really like WandaVision.

I don't really have anything substantively to add other than Hahn is clearly the villain, right? She shows up with a dog house 3 seconds after they get a dog? She's the one who finds the dog dead? Completely unperturbed by the kids aging up? Randomly acts like "hey should I start again from the top" to make Vision suspect something? There's some shady poo poo going on there. Also did not see the Fox X-Men Quicksilver thing coming at all.

even if she's not the primary antagonist, she's clearly entertaining what Wanda's doing. so, not a "good guy" either

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Crossposting from the TVIV thread

(With regards to some mysterious friend Monica is trying to contact)

Kamala is an Inhuman, right? There have already been multiple “MCU” shows with Inhuman characters, why would they change that?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Just saw the end of the latest wandavision and holy loving poo poo.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Because those shows weren't ever really canon and they're not going to make them canon now long after they both ended.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I love that it all makes sense in universe, too. They went out of their way here to hammer in that Wanda can't raise the Dead, so she can't bring Pietro back but she can puppeteer someone else into being him

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Klungar posted:

Kamala is an Inhuman, right? There have already been multiple “MCU” shows with Inhuman characters, why would they change that?

... Well WandaVision is the first MCU show, so I'm curious about which multiple MCU shows have inhumans

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

... Well WandaVision is the first MCU show, so I'm curious about which multiple MCU shows have inhumans

The Netflix shows and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. were both MCU when they premiered, also

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inhumans_(TV_series)

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

They meant AOS and The Inhumans.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I put “MCU” in quotes for a reason, but mostly I just want Kamala to still be able to hang out with Lockjaw

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I forgot AoS was even a thing so I'll grant that but I still don't buy the idea that the Netflix shows have any connection to the MCU is a substantial way (if Charlie Cox shows up in Spidey 3 and he's not multiverse related I will of course take this back)

Inhumans the "movie"/show was dropped so fast there's no way I'm gonna accept that one

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

there was an interview on like Conan or Jimmy Kimmel or something where they had the AOS cast and the Avengers cast (the two best Chris's and RDJ plus Ruffalo and Don Cheadle) at the same time and the AOS cast was like "Hey RDJ, when are you gonna have a cameo on our show" and his response was "well, no one has actually asked me to yet, but it's something I'd definitely like to do" and they scream back "we're asking you, please" then they had 4-6 more seasons and no RDJ cameo.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It was much more awkward. They host asked when the movie stars were going to cameo and they all just awkwardly chuckled.
AoS got way better when it started doing its own thing anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

site posted:

I forgot AoS was even a thing so I'll grant that but I still don't buy the idea that the Netflix shows have any connection to the MCU is a substantial way

Donuts are extremely substantial