Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

Holy poo poo this is incredible.

What are everyone's weekend plans? I found a smoker I'm picking up tonight then a run and first date tomorrow. Hoping to use the smoker for a pork butt Sunday while watching the SB.

Ew why would you date a smoker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’m gonna apply for jobs, have a first date tomorrow, idk maybe watch some football Sunday

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Joey Freshwater posted:

They're clearly just using them for free pork butt

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I'm roasting peppers and stuff tomorrow for queso that needs to sit and marinate for our Super Bowl spread on Sunday. Sunday we're having a nacho bar and I'm making a king cake. So Saturday will be all prep and the next day we throw down.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Dammit well played :golfclap:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

swickles posted:

God drat, they were playing the long game the whole time...

https://twitter.com/SheriffAlert/status/1357718112599240706?s=19

1. haha

but also 2, look at that overhanging rock above the road. You can see the joint line where the boulder separated and how that shelf just runs back 100+ feet. Given that chunk came out, you gotta assume any or all of the rest can let go at any moment. That cop car is not in a good spot and they should cone off the road going back a good fair bit.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Leperflesh posted:

you mean pickling spices? Like, coriander, dill, peppercorns, mustard seed, that sort of thing? because lol you made another typo haha

This:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm smoking wings as per my super bowl tradition then I will eat them quietly while I watch The Big Game

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Yeah, but you wrote "picking"

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

yeah you wrote picking spices instead of pickling spices

but also using a tea infuser (or the OG method, a bit of cloth tied with string) to season stock or soup without leaving the less edible bits in there is an age-old method and a good one.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Braksgirl posted:

I'm roasting peppers and stuff tomorrow for queso that needs to sit and marinate for our Super Bowl spread on Sunday. Sunday we're having a nacho bar and I'm making a king cake. So Saturday will be all prep and the next day we throw down.

What is the definition of a king cake?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but you wrote "picking"

gently caress. I really need to proofread my posts better.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

wandler20 posted:

gently caress. I really need to proofread my posts better.

Bah, proofreading is for cowherds

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm having a friend over tomorrow, gonna play some board games, awh yeah.

Then gonna gather my posting energy for the Superbowl.

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1357813891082911745

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I am making carnitas in a vat of oil to put on nachos and also searing up a gigantic tomahawk ribeye, for the Super Bowl

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If my timing is correct, I'll be enjoying some smoked brisket by kickoff on Sunday. That means I'll need to start doing the 1st smoke this evening, then put it in the sous vide for about 24 hours. Reheat by putting the brisket back on smoker on Sunday morning.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Girlfriend and I don't feel like cooking much for super bowl so I'm just gonna grab some pizzas for the oven, then she will make a dessert, I'll make some appetizers and say good bye to sobriety.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Its Rinaldo posted:

What is the definition of a king cake?

So it's a yeasted bread, kind of eggy like a brioche, and it's usually filled with cinnamon and sugar, or fruit, sometimes cream cheese, and formed into a ring. It has icing and green, gold, and purple sugar on top. It's traditionally eaten during Carnival season. It's my favorite dessert!

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes/mardi-gras-king-cake-recipe

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Anrdew Yang rightfully called out WWE for classifying their wrestlers as "independent contractors" to avoid paying employment taxes and providing health insurance

Andrew Yang also heard about the racist who got fired from SNL and said "hmmm perhaps we should hear his side of the story"

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
My local pub does a king cake bread pudding in the lead-up to Mardi Gras, it's delicious but the piece they gave is so large and heavy I couldn't finish it by myself even after saving some for the next day.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Braksgirl posted:

So it's a yeasted bread, kind of eggy like a brioche, and it's usually filled with cinnamon and sugar, or fruit, sometimes cream cheese, and formed into a ring. It has icing and green, gold, and purple sugar on top. It's traditionally eaten during Carnival season. It's my favorite dessert!

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes/mardi-gras-king-cake-recipe

There is a bakery here in Louisville that I got one from and was better than I expected. I saved this so I can try my hand a making one possibly

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Anrdew Yang rightfully called out WWE for classifying their wrestlers as "independent contractors" to avoid paying employment taxes and providing health insurance

Andrew Yang also heard about the racist who got fired from SNL and said "hmmm perhaps we should hear his side of the story"

in conclusion, Andrew Yang is a loving moron land of contrasts

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Andrew Yang is a land of contrasts.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'll finally be taking down the last of the Christmas decorations in the workshop/storage room tomorrow. Truly, it has been the lowest of priorities. They're just gonna end up in boxes in the same room so :effort:

Sunday afternoon, might watch a movie with the kiddo. Will watch the Superbowl alone with pizza and beer because my daughter will be asleep for most of it (and is six and doesn't care) and my wife does not give two shots about football. Gonna call dad and wish him and my sister each a happy birthday.

Also BlindSite sorry about your grandfather. Sounds like he had a very long and full life.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
We're gonna get tacos tonight. I'm gonna go into my office tomorrow to pack poo poo up / file poo poo away / take personal stuff home. The probably work more.

Sunday who knows man probably play a bunch of video games and clean.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Have a hockey fight I stumbled across

https://twitter.com/NastyKnuckles/status/1357527777042432002

NHL guys (who fight) must play with broken hands so often. Simmonds there just throwing absolute bombs at a helmet.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Dango Bango posted:

Holy poo poo this is incredible.

What are everyone's weekend plans? I found a smoker I'm picking up tonight then a run and first date tomorrow. Hoping to use the smoker for a pork butt Sunday while watching the SB.

More house shopping on Sunday morning, so Saturday will be my long run day and I guess I'll work out with my new kettlebell on Sunday. Other than that I'll be alternating between video games and chores like I always do. Might try to start reading more for the next few months so I can give away some finished books before we move.

I asked my wife what her schedule was and she said "it's hosed". She has some sort of photoshoot for her business Sunday afternoon and I assume I'll be helping out there.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Gonna go for a hike tomorrow morning with a friend, and then probably just hang out around the house and cook until its time for the superbowl

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Grittybeard posted:

Have a hockey fight I stumbled across

https://twitter.com/NastyKnuckles/status/1357527777042432002

NHL guys (who fight) must play with broken hands so often. Simmonds there just throwing absolute bombs at a helmet.

Seeing Simmonds in Toronto makes me feel old, but then again so does that one poster who has the AV of Darren McCarty beating the gently caress out of Claude Lemieux.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

fartknocker posted:

Seeing Simmonds in Toronto makes me feel old, but then again so does that one poster who has the AV of Darren McCarty beating the gently caress out of Claude Lemieux.
i hate that avatar lol

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I really gotta stop buying so many records. We don't have the room for 'em anymore but...more music...

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Nick Jr. Face posted:

i hate that avatar lol

gently caress Claude Lemieux

lol we’re all old

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Hot Diggity! posted:

I really gotta stop buying so many records. We don't have the room for 'em anymore but...more music...

That’s quitter talk.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I got an important question and it seems slightly more appropriate here than the N/V thread.

Has anybody ever done The Worm as a celebration in the NFL?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

swickles posted:

Don't know about the skiing but there are a ton of great breweries in Vermont.

Okemos, Stowe and Killington are probably the best Eastern skiing. Sugarloaf isn't too far either

Also: sorry about your grandpa Blindsite. The death of my last living grandfather was a big deal for me. I hope you aren't as affected

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

MJeff posted:

I got an important question and it seems slightly more appropriate here than the N/V thread.

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen footage of it from someone on the Lions from the late 80’s or early 90’s.

EDIT: lol some quick searching found Golden Tate doing it in Philadelphia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5XXcWnfEho

But I’m positive I’ve seen old footage of a tight end for Detroit or Houston, someone in a light blue color uniform, doing it in some old NFL Films package.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 6, 2021

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I found these little bottles of black cold brew coffee from a company that donates all their profits to saving rhinos. I like to buy their coffee put it in a glass filled with ice and drink it in the sun without any device and listen to the birds go nuts at each other it's my favourite 15 minutes of most saturday mornings.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MJeff posted:

It's definitely not what you're looking for but this made me immediately think of Merton Hanks neck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ6mqJDMlI4

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
After some thought, it may have been Johnnie Morton. He played for the Lions for a while, but good luck finding highlights of Lions receivers from the 90’s or early 00’s. Instead, have this clip of him in Kansas City:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afNHp-iO_Gg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

so that new wandavision ending, huh