Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I thought he only did one year deals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

euphronius posted:

I thought he only did one year deals

If he it's out, it's technically only 1 yr

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Trevor Bauer using technical contract details to "well actually" his way out of getting shot in the balls with a paintball gun.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

bawfuls posted:

this is not for you nor I to declare

astros cheated to prevent a dodgers dynasty.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

in a development that comes as no surprise, the Dodgers Digest comment section has been inundated with several new Trevor-fans making GBS threads up the place and trying to dunk on all the "snowflakes" over the signing

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Me before the signing: he’s annoying, he’s a prima donna, he’s a clubhouse cancer

Me now: yeah baby blue no matter who let’s win another chip

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
WTF I hate Bauer. Dude's a chode or chud whatever. Gonna have to post his tweets here all the time now.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.

Cup of Hemlock posted:

Me before the signing: he’s annoying, he’s a prima donna, he’s a clubhouse cancer

Me now: yeah baby blue no matter who let’s win another chip

me with springer

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ammat The Ankh posted:

WTF I hate Bauer. Dude's a chode or chud whatever. Gonna have to post his tweets here all the time now.

methinks trevor bauer might have a bit of a racism problem that might have to get brought up every single time his name is uttered

he believes literal infowars poo poo lol

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Kirios posted:

astros cheated to prevent a dodgers dynasty.

Truly moral cheating imo :smugbert:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

He's both a chode and a chud.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

speaking of chud Dodger pitchers

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
He has a link to the MyPillow guys website on his profile what the hell lmao

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Kirios posted:

dodgers more hated than the astros now

lol no

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Johnny Bravo posted:

Oh for gently caress'S SAKE :mad:

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Kirios posted:

dodgers more hated than the astros now

haha what the hell

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Johnny Bravo posted:

:lol::lol::lol:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Johnny Bravo posted:

Baseball players are, for the most part, the ultimate beautiful boaters.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

lmao

I mean it's no surprise that rich dudes are chuds but going full OAN truther is something else

hot take: Bauer will be better than Cole through the life of Bauer's contract

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1357862735493672960

Mix it up, baby!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Was gonna express some hesitation about him in the field for '21 or how he might age but,
https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1357862035216887812
If that means 4@<$80m? A-OK!

e: It's $64 million for four years plus another $16m club option/$1m buyout holy poo poo

e: yeah I mean for Atlanta's sake, he should def be getting paid more than that

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 6, 2021

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Was gonna express some hesitation about him in the field for '21 or how he might age but,

e: It's $64 million for four years plus another $16m club option/$1m buyout holy poo poo

I think there's enough talent in the outfield to cover some of his shortcomings. Something like what they did with Markakis in his last couple years with Atlanta.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
would be a bargain at that price even if he regresses back near career norms

obviously they wouldn't do this if the DH weren't a fix for 2022, and it will mean Pache being positioned in center-left all this year, but pretty happy to keep Ozuna, the team seemed to vibe around him

edit: lol https://twitter.com/Braves/status/1357863990932701186?s=20

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

That's a hell of a deal

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'm glad the Rays are cheap as gently caress.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

There was very little competition this winter for players (which I'm sure is purely coincidental and not collusion right before a new CBA) which is why Ozuna has probably been holding out. But a lot of players are already reporting to ST camps to work out, and official workouts start next week (unless something changes before then), so I think the players are just trying to get signed at this point.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Marcell Ozuna is only 30 years old. How is he a DH-only guy at this point, did he lose all his knees or something?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Marcell Ozuna is only 30 years old. How is he a DH-only guy at this point, did he lose all his knees or something?
He's just really bad in the field and also shoulder surgery ruined his throwing arm

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1357815989082193921

https://twitter.com/kileymcd/status/1357830107147235336

Lots of deals rolling in today.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
I hope Folty gets right, his stuff is so fun to watch when his head is on straight.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I thought the problem was less mental and more than he lost 4-5 mph

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

I thought the problem was less mental and more than he lost 4-5 mph

He lost 4-5 mph because dude became rail thin and lost all his power. There's something deeper there

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

even when he was young Ozuna's best defensive trait was his arm. Then he had shoulder surgery, going from a canon to a noodle. Combine that with losing a step in speed and never really developing really good defensive instincts and you go from "he can probably play center" to "well you can hide him in LF if you have to".

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the cubs' closer is still Craig Kimbrel

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

the cubs' closer is still Craig Kimbrel

Yeah but I head through the grapevine that his last seven innings in 2020 prove that he's BACK

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Robert Osuna is a free agent and we've seen that the Cubs are flexible when it comes to getting a good closer :colbert:

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
I guess there's no universe where Friedman doesn't at least offer that deal. Plus the Padres are fairly terrifying now.

That's pretty much all I got and this still feels gross.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/thundercrat/status/1115805230996680709

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Sydin posted:

Yeah but I head through the grapevine that his last seven innings in 2020 prove that he's BACK

Sources close to the Cubs indicate Craig is in the "dirtiest shape of his life"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

holy loving poo poo