Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Male shep’s voice acting was pretty bad

Meer did fine as a Paragon but Hale knocked it out of the park as Renegade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

haveblue posted:

I had to pick default manshep because he's played by two different Marks and that's also my name

Same.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I played as the default ManShep because I wanted to play as a male Shepard and I couldn't create anything that didn't look like a horrifying abomination in the character creator. The default look got to use custom assets so it was better than whatever weird clay golem I could create.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

I played as the default ManShep because I wanted to play as a male Shepard and I couldn't create anything that didn't look like a horrifying abomination in the character creator. The default look got to use custom assets so it was better than whatever weird clay golem I could create.

I remember making something in the 1st game that looked fine but became something horrifying in the 2nd one.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I always thought it was funny that Kirby has a running battle with Marx

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hunt11 posted:

I remember making something in the 1st game that looked fine but became something horrifying in the 2nd one.

My head in the first one was pasty white with rosy cheeks and he was always squinting; when he squinted more, his eyes spasmed out

He looked like a normal person in 2 :(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Harrow posted:

That's like how in Dragon Age 2 you could only have the cool red paint splash if you picked a default face.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I always thought it was funny that Kirby has a running battle with Marx

I think since marx is a clown it might be a marx bros reference

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The default MaleShep face and Mark Meer's voice always seemed like such mismatch to me.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I just learned that: the soundtrack to Sonic Adventure 2 was released on vinyl. It cost 43 dollars. It is no longer available.

The thought of never having the pumpkin hill rap on vinyl is almost too much to bear.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I played as maleshep and made him look like an exhausted and exasperated middle-aged single dad which worked perfectly for that game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/1357757969967042560

lol at all the woke game journo checkmark types rushing in to slobber all over this guy's knob after he oversaw kotaku publishing a rape victim's story without her consent

half these people literally said they believed her less than a month ago!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

The default MaleShep face and Mark Meer's voice always seemed like such mismatch to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oApBrFAtRrc

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I had the prettiest custom sculpted Shepards

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I got pretty good at FemShep in the character creator after awhile, even the horrid ME1 version.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the miranda rear end shots are dumb but its also very funny to remove them as if that is the most problematic thing in the mass effect series, and not

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Suikoden III is a better game than I was expecting

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Suikoden III is a better game than I was expecting

holy poo poo that design owns

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I loved Suikoden III. The opening video is great

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Suikoden 3 is a little dull in places but I liked Chris & Hugo's stories and the whole perspective swapping gimmick. Some great tracks too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y44-Cwvexz8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LR0_u2ygs8

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Endorph posted:

also the miranda rear end shots are dumb but its also very funny to remove them as if that is the most problematic thing in the mass effect series, and not

It's easier to move a camera about a foot than it is to do any bigger changes.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
My one vg claim to fame is meeting the guy who voiced male Shepard after an improv show he did. He did not like that I brought up mass effect.

Funny show though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

It's easier to move a camera about a foot than it is to do any bigger changes.
genuinely think me2/3 would be better if you just removed the npc that initiates the super autism hivemind sidequest, and that wouldnt be that hard

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
me2 would be better if you just launched all of its dlc into the sun

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I replayed 1 and 2 last year and played 3 for the first time and they're all perfectly good games for the most part but they have a really outsized place in the gamer zeitgeist compared to their quality. Maybe because there's just a severe lack of decent space opera games? idk

the real bioware gem from that era is clearly dragon age 2

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 6, 2021

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

me2 would be better if you just launched all of its dlc into the sun

Shadow Broker was great though. Also the fuckup mercenary whose backstory s that everyone who worked with him ended up dead, with the punchline that putting him charge of the suicide mission ends up with everyone dead :v:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

I replayed 1 and 2 last year and played 3 for the first time and they're all perfectly good games for the most part but they have a really outsized place in the gamer zeitgeist compared to their quality. Maybe because there's just a severe lack of decent space space opera games? idk

this is true of many games from that era

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Meer was absolutely fine, especially in 2 and 3. He leaned into a really deadpan sarcasm sometimes that was actually a better fit than Hale's tendency to sometimes go too far on the raspy badass side. Which makes FemShep a pretty bad choice for Paragon runs in comparison

But also just lol if you haven't played each game as every possible class/gender/morality combination

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Maybe because there's just a severe lack of decent space space opera games? idk

RPGs in general and it's getting worse. Also see Skyrim and Fallout 4, the later of which has a story that's somehow worse than Fallout 3

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Oh god all the constant Mass Effect arguments are gonna come roaring back.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I like ME1 because it was a new IP and they hadn't bought into the hype yet so it was earnest in its story and world building. It's janky in good ways and has fun, nerdy hard sci-fi world building. ME2 has its issues but man that opening is still aces and a great way to start a sequel. ME3 is meh from start to finish.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Hopefully the constant joking about how that one alien race deserves to be genocided have fallen out of fashion by now.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Hopefully the constant joking about how that one alien race deserves to be genocided have fallen out of fashion by now.

"joking"

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I believe there is literally one good Batarian in the entire trilogy . You murder, like, hundreds of them

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

cheetah7071 posted:

Maybe because there's just a severe lack of decent space space opera games? idk

Honestly it's the only big budget space opera game I can think of outside of Star Wars. Almost all space travel games are intensely boring and system driven (or Star Wars).

I suppose ME1 mostly resonated with people who would've gone mad for a decent Star Trek game.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

still remember the sidequest where Hawke discovers that their rear end in a top hat uncle has a daughter he's never met, and you have the option to convince them to meet and it's a nice little moment of reconciliation

immediately after completing that quest I talked to uncle again and he said, to his own niece: "I HEAR YOU'VE BEEN SLIPPING IT TO THAT PIRATE SLUT FROM THE HANGED MAN...what's that like? Two women? I've always wondered"

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

I believe there is literally one good Batarian in the entire trilogy . You murder, like, hundreds of them

Sounds like a pretty woke fantasy setting from the masters at Bioware.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Sounds like a pretty woke fantasy setting from the masters at Bioware.

ABAB

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Hwurmp posted:

immediately after completing that quest I talked to uncle again and he said, to his own niece: "I HEAR YOU'VE BEEN SLIPPING IT TO THAT PIRATE SLUT FROM THE HANGED MAN...what's that like? Two women? I've always wondered"

Whats the paragon response to this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mass effect is garbage because you never got a batarian squadmate, or a squadmate from that race that lived inside a suit huffing their own farts