Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009
I liked TLJ because it was about having telepathic phone calls with a bad boy and paid homage to the great Exorcist II:The Heretic. Knives Out didn't touch the camp glam of the also mediocre Murder on the Nile and all those type movies from the 70s. Would have been a great movie if Christopher Plummer's character from The Silent Partner was a character in it, rip. And I literally never notice or pay attention to if there's real or fake blood but I don't see the streaming dreck Matt seems to always subject himself to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Bust Rodd posted:

The actual best movie episode is the one about good movies with bad politics, and Will talks about that kind of lot, IIRC

Which ep is that?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

General Dog posted:

Which ep is that?

https://trailersfromhell.com/podcast/chapo-trap-house/

I was HALF right, It was actually Will & Matt on a different pod, but still basically feels like a Chapo ep

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

If Matt could write and direct a movie it would just be this

https://youtu.be/ba-IxExvKb0

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The Last Jedi was absolute dogshit which makes it even funnier that the one that came after it was even worse apparently

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The one that came before it was even worse also

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Shape of Water is soy because it presents the insanely evil government lab as mostly anodyne until the Evil Trump Voter Who Has Violent Sex With His Wife shows up. It's really weird.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
guys we know movies are bad and gaming is good already

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Seams posted:

The Last Jedi was absolute dogshit which makes it even funnier that the one that came after it was even worse apparently
Well what Disney took away from people yelling at them for TLJ was that they needed to get more racist, and subsequently the Asian woman who was one of the leads in TLJ got her role in the next movie reduced to almost nothing. Not that TLJ was a mess of a movie with loads of actual problems.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The ep where they talk about that movie where the guy goes back in time and headshots Jesus is one of the best things I've ever listened to

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Saagonsa posted:

The ep where they talk about that movie where the guy goes back in time and headshots Jesus is one of the best things I've ever listened to

Assassin 33 AD.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

movie is legit bonkers and owns hard

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I’m playing sekiro again because Felix reminded me how good it was. I somehow forgot all about the revive mechanic was was just floored when it happened.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Thanks to today's episode I found out that there was a Zoolander sequel released a few years back

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

a noolander

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I had also completely memory holed that movie. Zoolander is all time perfect comedy movie from back when movies could be funny without having to be cute. The sequel is like a cinematic war crime.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoolander is an all-timer, just a wonderfully unique movie and i forget some banger lines when i rewatch it every few years

i never bothered with the sequel

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it came out a couple weeks after 9/11 but it was probably the ultimate movie of the positive 90s. there was really nothing like it that was released afterward

edit lol

quote:

Stiller made the executive decision to digitally remove any backgrounds that originally contained the Twin Towers in the background skyline. Stiller defended his decision to erase images of New York's World Trade Center Towers from the film, saying he did what he thought was appropriate at the time. The towers were being reinserted in the 2016 Blu-ray release.[15]

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Feb 6, 2021

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

I just can't even get in the mindset where I see Knives Out or Shape of Water and think about how they are some insidious neoliberal Hollywood messaging vehicles and not just a fun Clue-like murder mystery movie and a cool fish man movie.

scroll up and read all the dummies saying that its a good movie because it has the guts to say that rich people are bad

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Zoolander 2 was bad but it had a funny recurring joke where Hansel is having a baby with Kiefer Sutherland with a great punchline.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm pretty sure when i was 17 the gasoline fight was the funniest thing i had ever seen in a movie

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

i say swears online posted:

i'm pretty sure when i was 17 the gasoline fight was the funniest thing i had ever seen in a movie

very much same, it still makes me laugh to think about

also i got extremely high and saw zoolander 2 with the only friend who I could convince to come with me and we had an absolute blast

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

If every new movie was as good as Knives Out, movies in general would be good instead of very bad.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

i say swears online posted:

Jitterbug

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Zoolander was the film that probably most impacted me and my friends in terms of speech and behavior. We acted out and quoted that silly movie like it was the first season of Family Guy. RIP Jerry Stiller, an ultra-king!

Anyways, Felix is growing ever stronger

https://twitter.com/byyourlogic/status/1357961651736244227?s=21

He beat Guardian Ape last night

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
He just seems so much happier now that he’s playing a good game.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Was it Ben Shapiro's book that kept saying "a bear of a man"?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

yeah he'd describe a guy as six two naked and poo poo, very homoerotic

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

net work error posted:

has ben shapiro written fiction? it was part of some reactionary war/spy novel sort of thing iirc where that phrase came up

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

yeah true allegiance, something like that, basically trying to do a Tom Clancy book

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/potus/status/1358083335508082690?s=21

This is the gang’s “I won’t help you, but I’ll feel your pain” Biden take brought to life.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

DukeDuke posted:

This is the gang’s “I won’t help you, but I’ll feel your pain” Biden take brought to life.

The Biden admins new "drat man that sucks, anyways see you later" plan is kicking off strong!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

net work error posted:

Yes, his book has a lot of great characters, from listening to the book readings they have done on Behind the Bastards-

-The 'Bear of a Man' general main character
-The 'this is clearly meant to be Obama' President who is too beholden to liberal groups and is a coward
-A Latina woman who is also heavily involved in the patriot militia movement for some reason
-The terrorist leader who is some kind of Osama type, but is working with Iran, because that makes tons of sense
-The Al Sharpton-esque activist leader who is super corrupt and working with a gang leader
-The gang leader who arranges a Tamir Rice-type shooting of a kid (who he paid money to go harass the cop and set up a situation where the cop had 'no choice' but to kill the kid)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FlamingLiberal posted:

-The 'this is clearly meant to be Obama' President who is too beholden to liberal groups and is a coward

Also makes a jab about the president being rehearsed at reading a teleprompter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1FLVnzMBIY

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Enjoying this movie ep somehow featuring three clones of Adam friedland

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

DukeDuke posted:

There's a very good chance she made more than $50k a year which means since they will be using 2019 tax returns to determine who is eligible for COVID checks, she will not qualify.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

some plague rats posted:

Such an insult to the PAL boys

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

40-Degree Day posted:

Such an insult to the PAL boys

Really? I intended it as an insult to adam

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

some plague rats posted:

booo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

pal owns but they are more funny the more unstructured the show is. it was actually kind of jarring to hear them have to sit quietly and listen to Matt rant about squibs and the joker