Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

More asbestos! More asbestos!

Greg12 has issued a correction as of 23:19 on Feb 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

looking forward to them declaring war on each other

e: ironically

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Try again

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

quiet, you

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Biplane posted:

Innovation Zones

Innovation Arcologies!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Biplane posted:

Innovation Zones

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

tangy yet delightful posted:

You can simply vote by finding a new job and leaving your job, home, school, community. And it is to attract tech companies which are very woke and rich so you know they are good human beings unlike poor scum elsewhere.

No no no you vote by buying shares in the company, that way everyone has an equal and fair voice proportional to how much they trust and believe in the company!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also there's always the possibility that they build exactly nothing on the land and Foxconn the whole thing, and considering the company is fuckin' called "Blockchains, LLC" I'm gonna bet that's what'll happen

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Maybe they’ll get big enough they can elect their own representives to Congress

The Nasiter Nate (D-Amazon)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Let's spin the gentrification wheel! It lands on...

https://twitter.com/estradiol420/status/1357684633572360199

Trans! Congratulations, trans!

Bonus lmao:

https://twitter.com/NonServiamSelf/status/1357753164380983298/photo/1

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

I love how "I sometimes do this pro bono or have financial aid options" isn't even on the radar not even as a fig leaf

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I just noticed one of their credentials is apparently "certified sex therapist/coach", so presumably in addition to therapy they will stand by your bed and blow a whistle and yell at you about your form while you gently caress.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Karia posted:

So what you're saying is that they need to start marketing it as "Now with bonus free absestos!"

Capitalism.txt - now with fire-proof babies.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Shame Boy posted:

I just noticed one of their credentials is apparently "certified sex therapist/coach", so presumably in addition to therapy they will stand by your bed and blow a whistle and yell at you about your form while you gently caress.

"You call that a Dirty Sanchez? Two fingers or go home, snowflake! I've seen harder pumping at BP, and at least they always got some gas flowing! Now hurry up, you got some Joyce letters to study, those plays were classic!"

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Buck Turgidson posted:

really... how are they not monitoring this already isn't this half of what the FDA does

looks like the FDA only checks that baby food meets basic nutritional requirements, and that it uses ingredients that are generally supposed to be edible

they don't impose any cap on heavy metals or other toxins, no quality control requirements, and so on

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Meanwhile, you are advised not to give your infant rice more than once a week because of heavy metals.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Look if someone makes poisonous baby food people will stop buying it and the market will sort things out.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Elman posted:

Look if someone makes poisonous baby food people will stop buying it and the market will sort things out.

The funny thing is that these sorts of libertarian ideas are actually completely true, they just always skim past the thousands of babies will die part because libertarians are sociopathic robots who don't care about that sort of thing

Lots of corpses in every "market correction"

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Yeah, unless the people comprising the market are idiots, wilfully dense and/or have been misled by years of propaganda. Good thing we're all perfectly rational beings then.

Also lead won't straight up kill babies, it will impair their cognitive abilities in the long run. See also idiots above.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Main Paineframe posted:

looks like the FDA only checks that baby food meets basic nutritional requirements, and that it uses ingredients that are generally supposed to be edible

they don't impose any cap on heavy metals or other toxins, no quality control requirements, and so on

my sister is a chemist for one of the biggest processed food companies and the world and she repeatedly has told me that baby food safety is one of the few products that the FDA actually vigorously enforces

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

my sister is a chemist for one of the biggest processed food companies and the world and she repeatedly has told me that baby food safety is one of the few products that the FDA actually vigorously enforces

Looks like she was wrong?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Nastier Nate posted:

"You need to ramp up the lead enrichment program if you don't wanna get shut down - how are we going to get a new generation of GOP voters otherwise?" - Trump's FDA stooges, probably

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
The lead is just a low-cost sweetener, the Greeks used to use it in their wine and they invented western civilization!

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Buck Turgidson posted:

really... how are they not monitoring this already isn't this half of what the FDA does

As was mentioned already, the information was already out there for the discerning parent to find for several years. You just had to rely on Consumer Reports (or other private sources) for the information.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I'm surprised the media hasn't tried to spin up the baby food thing as an evil Chinese plot. my mom definitely thinks china wants to poison America's babies ever since the infant formula scandal a decade ago.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I'm surprised the media hasn't tried to spin up the baby food thing as an evil Chinese plot. my mom definitely thinks china wants to poison America's babies ever since the infant formula scandal a decade ago.

meanwhile in China people literally hanged for that, unlike here the Corp will be assessed a small fine and anyone who loses their job over it will get a comparable one with a better salary, unless they were some low level nobody that they used as a patsy, he’s hosed lol.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
peeps hanged but the domestic baby food market sorta collapsed for a while too lol

even now peeps pick up western baby food whenever they go, if theyre rich enough to go

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

well i mean china sentenced the guys responsible for that to death if we're thinking about the same chinese baby food scandal. and just lmao at the idea of the washington post or cnn cluing americans into the idea that executives can face consequences for anything at all

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

its funny when this comes up from supposed leftists and its like... yeah china sucks, but they executed the guys behind that little scheme lol. they would have gotten one year's probation and a new CEO position here.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

bob dobbs is dead posted:

peeps hanged but the domestic baby food market sorta collapsed for a while too lol

even now peeps pick up western baby food whenever they go, if theyre rich enough to go

the only reason to buy prepackaged baby food is for the convenience, like if you're out in the park or at the mall its easier to give your child one of those pouches.

at home it is cheaper and healthier to mash up bananas or puree some peas in a blender

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
we're talkin pre weaning infant formula if we're talkin about the stuff they laced w melamine

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Well now all the rich Chinese folks's kids have lead poisoning lol

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Larry Parrish posted:

its funny when this comes up from supposed leftists and its like... yeah china sucks, but they executed the guys behind that little scheme lol. they would have gotten one year's probation and a new CEO position here.

oh my mom isn't a leftist by any stretch. it's a shame because she doesn't really watch cable news or keep up too much with politics but my dad is blasting it 24/7 in some capacity (one time I was talking to her on the phone and he was playing a Ben Shapiro video loudly on his own phone next to her).

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BonHair posted:

Meanwhile, you are advised not to give your infant rice more than once a week because of heavy metals.

Cook it like pasta with excess water and draining and you can cut the arsenic content by two‐thirds.

Also, you can buy rice grown in a region with low soil arsenic.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

wash your rice gaijin

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh my mom isn't a leftist by any stretch. it's a shame because she doesn't really watch cable news or keep up too much with politics but my dad is blasting it 24/7 in some capacity (one time I was talking to her on the phone and he was playing a Ben Shapiro video loudly on his own phone next to her).

no I meant more specifically people on this forum repeating said dumbass propaganda even though they're supposed to know better. at least libs and olds have the excuse of benefiting from having their head in the sand

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Cook it like pasta with excess water and draining and you can cut the arsenic content by two‐thirds.

Also, you can buy rice grown in a region with low soil arsenic.

Doesn't work with rice flour, which is what i used to make tasteless porridge for my 6 month old at the time.

But kinda good point about washing rice to rinse out the rat poison.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Washing doesn't reduce the level of arsenic, only pasta-style boiling does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS