Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The npc will sell your stuff for you too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Nioh2 just came out on PC and while I can't comment on the port, I did play the PS4 version and I liked it a lot more than 1 due to the addition of the Scythe. Soulslike games are all about finding weapons that make sense for you, and the scythe feels really good in terms of range, damage, attack speed, everything about it. Plus, it scales partially based off your magic stat, which is really nice because I love spending points on magic for access to spells. Imagine every time you hit a bonfire in Dark Souls, you could restock a bunch of different kinds of resin for free - that's magic in Nioh.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/ThatLittleDemon/status/1358228848220008448?s=19

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

sharrrk posted:

chrono cross is better than chrono trigger

There are medications for that

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Does Pac-Man have children?

I have no idea about Pac-Man lore.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, he is married. There's a Missus Pac-Man.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The Tim Rogers review of Pac Man goes pretty deep into the lore, and buddy, it's weird

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Nioh2 just came out on PC and while I can't comment on the port, I did play the PS4 version and I liked it a lot more than 1 due to the addition of the Scythe. Soulslike games are all about finding weapons that make sense for you, and the scythe feels really good in terms of range, damage, attack speed, everything about it. Plus, it scales partially based off your magic stat, which is really nice because I love spending points on magic for access to spells. Imagine every time you hit a bonfire in Dark Souls, you could restock a bunch of different kinds of resin for free - that's magic in Nioh.

i've played a bit of the port and i've had zero problems. i am led to understand this is not true across the board, but i imagine you'd know if it's working for you within the refund period. when i played it on the ps4 i did str/mag and used an odachi and a switchglaive and i agree it rules

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku8VhbxKpIo&t=35s

Tim Rogers recently taught me that Ms. Pac-man is more of an unofficial mod than an actual sequel so i don't know how cannon the cutscenes are these days

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Cardiovorax posted:

Well, he is married. There's a Missus Pac-Man.
Sometimes I wondered if she was just his alter-ego when he is feeling pretty.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

put scythes in more video games

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Samurai Sanders posted:

Sometimes I wondered if she was just his alter-ego when he is feeling pretty.

This ad suggests otherwise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgqE2fwKt4c&t=19s

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 7, 2021

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I like the Switchglaive because it feels like a Bloodborne trick weapon and more games should have that.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Have people not played Pac-Man 2: the New Adventures

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

As a mainline numbered sequel this is clearly canon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWWJXWq38zY

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
My experience with Pac-Man is pretty much limited to seeing it in arcades as a kid, and then, usually only Ms. Pac-Man.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wasn't there a Pac-Man Jr. game or did I imagine it?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wasn't there a Pac-Man Jr. game or did I imagine it?

No you did not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAu5-Zt4nL4

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

After 130 in-game hours and 4.5 real-life years I've finally beaten Infinifactory.

I'm pretty sure I spent like seven or eight hours on the final level. Half of that time was at a silky smooth five FPS, because my laptop absolutely did not like this level.

Now to play some more Workshop levels for that final achievement.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I'm playing it for the first time on PC and I started with the switch glaive and yeah it owns. Great combo of looking cool and feeling good to use. I used the kusarigama so much in N1 that I told myself I wasn't going to fall back on it and luckily I found a new favorite first try. I'm gonna mess around with the staff too since it's another new weapon and also scales with magic.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Have people not played Pac-Man 2: the New Adventures

For real, basically ever question is answered there

I just want to know what happened for him to lose his arms and legs

I need to know what the paccident was

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

SeXReX posted:

For real, basically ever question is answered there

I just want to know what happened for him to lose his arms and legs

I need to know what the paccident was

Got drunk and thought they were fruit

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

90s gamers were so :smug:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I still have a special place in my heart for this one paperback RE3 strategy guide that would occasionally go on wild tangents about random bits of the game. Like remarking on Racoon City's gas prices, or how one sign uses an Æ, or going into the origins of the railgun's name.

It was just so charming, the writers had a chance to do more than a straightforward guide and had a blast with it.

e: Oh poo poo, its actually on the Internet Archive.

BisbyWorl fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Feb 7, 2021

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

BisbyWorl posted:

I still have a special place in my heart for this one paperback RE3 strategy guide that would occasionally go on wild tangents about random bits of the game. Like remarking on Racoon City's gas prices, or how one sign uses an Æ, or going into the origins of the railgun's name.

It was just so charming, the writers had a chance to do more than a straightforward guide and had a blast with it.

e: Oh poo poo, its actually on the Internet Archive.

Looks like they both shared Casey Loe as the Writer and Layout Designer. Casey's listed as the sole writing credit for the FFVII guide I got that picture from, but there's a few more listed in the RE3 book.

e: Peep those special thanks

What's kind of funny based on your post is that Casey thanks a Rachel in both books, but in the RE3 book they write it as "Ræchel"

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Feb 7, 2021

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I just realized ME:L is a PS4 game. Hahahahahahhaha. Legendarily late to the party edition. Launching this spring on last gen consoles!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I finished the main story of Control today and I think that Jesse Faden might be my favorite VA performance in a game. I like that you can hear her thoughts, I like every single time she awkwardly blurts out words at a FBC person like she’s never talked to a human before (because obviously a woman who has lived her life doesn’t talk to people much), and I like that she’s enthusiastic about all the absolutely insane poo poo she goes through but also yells “oh gently caress off” at the giant parallel world eyeball beast.

I hope that Courtney Hope gets more VG work going forward. She must have made an impact on the people at Remedy given she was in all four episodes of Quantum Break and it seems like they crafted the character to match her look. The only other game role she’s had is “Sith Lord” in SWTOR. (Although her soap opera character’s name is Sally Spectra which is a video game-rear end name if I’ve ever heard one)

Also I love that one of her greatest fears is working at a dumb boring office as an assistant that no one treats with respect. Jesse Faden is very relatable.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Real hurthling!s posts about ys 9 made me check and realize it's not out on Steam yet, and now I'm sad :(

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I remembered the first "Youtuber" I was aware of in middle school like an hour or so ago and I was like, hmm, I wonder what he's up to these days. His name was Billy Reid and he made short funny skit videos that usually involved music. I saw he hadn't made any videos in nine years, and I felt bad. Checked his twitter and apparently when he stopped making videos for his own channel, he opened a new larger channel that was on the ground-floor of the children's videos algorithm gaming and now that channel has over a billion views on it. Nice to see he's probably doing REALLY well for himself now and didn't get screwed out of a career doing internet stuff just because he went viral before you could turn that into cash

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
My old friend Bruno.

Died of cancer 6 years ago, not long after this photo was taken. Hard to hold back the tears.

Here's him with Wesley, who's still around (but isn't quite as dear to me).

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Feb 7, 2021

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Now that’s a good cat
Rest In Peace, Bruno...

Are he and Wesley brothers?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CAsXKM54rw

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Now that’s a good cat
Rest In Peace, Bruno...

Are he and Wesley brothers?

Nope, well not by blood anyway. Both were foster cats adopted a few years apart. Bruno was a Russian Blue because I'm allergic (they're supposed to be hypoallergic), and Wesley is some kind of mixed breed (I can't cuddle him).

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Anyone else ever notice that games has two versions of the Lemmings tag?

games-lemmings

and

lemmingsHD

games-lemmings is a lot more popular.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

Real hurthling!s posts about ys 9 made me check and realize it's not out on Steam yet, and now I'm sad :(

Life sucks its true

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The lack of checkpointing in GTA4 is really starting to frustrate me. Mostly because while the large city is very detailed and impressive it takes ages to drive through and when I fail a mission I don't want to spend minutes doing the busywork of driving across the city to get the actual meat of the mission. Almost every gaming session now ends with me quitting out after a failed mission cause I can't be arsed to try it all over again.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I felt that way about GTA:SA (way back when the pc version didn't have gamepad support), so I cheated infinite armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Also this might just be me but the move to less cartoony and more realistic graphics has made everything way murkier so it's much harder to work out what the game actually wants you to do