Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1358090685929447424

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

What a thread

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1358092730774278144?s=19

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
How big does the crowd have to be to become a citizens arrest of all the cops involved in that? 10k?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1358198007842418693?s=20

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is bullshit, but wearing black and carrying an umbrella in Phoenix can definitely be suspicious behavior under certain circumstances (summer).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PYt0SDnrBE

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Why would you not want a parasol to protect yourself from the Sun?

Dorky, but effective.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Platystemon posted:

Why would you not want a parasol to protect yourself from the Sun?

Dorky, but effective.

It's doing that while wearing sunlight-absorbing black that's suspicious.

Really though I just wanted an excuse to post that KotH clip.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

its like when georgia or mississippi wanted to ban hoodies

eat poo poo hoodies are the new england uniform

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This is bullshit, but wearing black and carrying an umbrella in Phoenix can definitely be suspicious behavior under certain circumstances (summer).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PYt0SDnrBE

Not that it matters, but that is exactly how I felt driving from 6k feet in CO, where we had 10 inches of snow, driving straight to FL, nonstop, to find it 85° w/90% humidity by 9 am.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
The notion that wearing black with an umbrella is suspicious is totally asinine.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Grip it and rip it posted:

The notion that wearing black with an umbrella is suspicious is totally asinine.

There's specific edge cases where it might be suspicious, but none of them are what the Phoenix Police are talking about is my point. Because they're lying through their teeth. Because they're bastards.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Mary Poppins is cancelled

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

maffew buildings posted:

We have members of Congress who directly aided the terrorists and so far gently caress all has been done. There's open white nationalists in Congress. Nothing is happening. We've got to vote them out, I guess?

German is stupid easy to learn, at least.

I’m a little amused: let’s flee to the place that spawned hitler and that still has a white nationalism problem anywhere East Germany used to be. I don’t know if that’s gonna work out for you when they flip the script and go all 4th Reich on you. Maybe France? I’d do France personally.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
just go to canada and go way up north into the wilderness if poo poo gets bad, theres so much land that people have probably never been to ever

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hot Karl Marx posted:

just go to canada and go way up north into the wilderness if poo poo gets bad, theres so much land that people have probably never been to ever

Yeah, but then you get there and Sasquatch fucks your rear end up like you were stealing his lawn chair spot after a snow storm in Philly.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

TheWeedNumber posted:

I’m a little amused: let’s flee to the place that spawned hitler and that still has a white nationalism problem anywhere East Germany used to be. I don’t know if that’s gonna work out for you when they flip the script and go all 4th Reich on you. Maybe France? I’d do France personally.

France has that issue, too.

My opinion? By virtue of being the last Axis standing Germany, unlike most of Europe, was forced to confront its aggressive genocidal tendencies and make cultural and legal changes. Most of Europe was happy to ship their Jews to concentration camps and there were plenty of happy collaborators with fascism.
Also, like a lot of you, I've spent time in Germany and I loved it there. The climate, the culture, the food, the political system, the civic attitudes. There are problems everywhere but Germany seems to comparatively have its poo poo together economically and culturally, plus unlike Canada or Scandinavia my wife won't commit suicide in the winter.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I was willing to fight and die for this country when it was wrong before.

I'm more hesitant now that I'm older and jaded, but my conviction never wavered and I'll be damned if the fascists take over.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

TheWeedNumber posted:

French is easier to learn anyway. So are Danish, Dutch, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, and Swedish.

Some of those are useful in more than one country two and a half countries and two microstates, too.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 7, 2021

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Wasabi the J posted:

I'm more hesitant now that I'm older and jaded, but my conviction never wavered and I'll be damned if the fascists take over.

If I didn't have children, this would be my attitude too.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1358443650070564869?s=20

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

COVID chat. Did India reach herd immunity in big cities? https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/india-coronavirus-cases/2021/02/04/d7f92f72-6562-11eb-bab8-707f8769d785_story.html

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Wasabi the J posted:

Same.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

eat poo poo hoodies are the new england uniform

:yeah:

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Well if there ever was evidence that reinfection wasn't a thing, certainly one of the most densely populated cities not basically having their entire infrastructure constantly slammed would be it?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Defenestrategy posted:

Well if there ever was evidence that reinfection wasn't a thing, certainly one of the most densely populated cities not basically having their entire infrastructure constantly slammed would be it?

There's still been a number of confirmed reinfections but it's more along the predictions that a small percentage of people will not develop the right kind of immunity vs. apocalyptic twitter claims. I think even if immunity for most cases wanes over a year or so it'll still happen unevenly enough not to cause the same kind of infection rates that we saw last year, but that's just me spitballing.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 7, 2021

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Defenestrategy posted:

it's kind of an amazing story, here's another article discussing it
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/02/01/962821038/the-mystery-of-indias-plummeting-covid-19-cases

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Defenestrategy posted:

Yeah but then another strain comes along and wrecks the place against like in Manaus.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Always assumed he brought back Flynn to use him, and he apparently nearly did:

https://twitter.com/AllMattNYT/status/1358137250656190464?s=20

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

France has that issue, too.
plus unlike Canada or Scandinavia my wife won't commit suicide in the winter.

Ehhh, it stays pretty dark here in Winter. Dark by 3 or 4 at its worst. Plenty of people use uv lamps.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Berlin is further north than Calgary.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

GoGoGadget posted:

Ehhh, it stays pretty dark here in Winter. Dark by 3 or 4 at its worst. Plenty of people use uv lamps.

poo poo, it gets dark at 430 in Denver at its worst, and we aren't that far north.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

if you flee the country because of fascism you're no better than those bitch rear end von Trapps

PookBear fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 7, 2021

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

PookBear posted:

if you flee the country because of fascism you're no better than those bitch rear end von Trapps

:vince:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Great. I'm really looking forward to all of the, "open her up!" dip-shits here breathlessly reposting this all over social media and other public fora.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Me, knocking on the door to France. "Hey I'm fleeing the uS because of fascism, I only do my war crimes overseas, not domestically."

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

PookBear posted:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

PookBear posted:

if you flee the country because of fascism you're no better than those bitch rear end Schrödingers

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

nah Captain von Trapp was a u-boat commander in ww1 for Austria-Hungary. He was down with authoritarian regimes, just not one where Prussia was in charge of it instead of Austria.

That's different from Schrödinger.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Fleeing from fascism still puts you way above average for your countrymen, the vast majority of whom become fascist collaborators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

PookBear posted:

nah Captain von Trapp was a u-boat commander in ww1 for Austria-Hungary. He was down with authoritarian regimes, just not one where Prussia was in charge of it instead of Austria.

That's different from Schrödinger.

Still better than that rear end in a top hat Heisenberg who wrote letters to Himmler after being publicly criticized as a "white Jew" to try to regain his honor.