Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
For farming materials I've tried to just mentally note where there's a large density of a certain type of thing and just farm that whenever I'm feeling up for it instead of entire routes.

So for Cor Lapis, the top of Mt. Hulao has like 8 or so all pretty close to each other at the top, and like 5 or 6 more as you descend the mountain.

Similar spots are like the cave next to the weapon material dungeon in Liyue for Noct Jade, just outside Mondstadt for Dandelions, the bridges in Qingce village for pinecones, the northern camp in Dadalupa Gorge for Sunsettia, the southern house next to the winery for carrots, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
speaking of that cluster, the one nearby at the base of mount aozang has a little surprise now :haw:

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Is there an easy way to get lots of crap artifacts for leveling? Like a particular enemy or something? Or is grinding domains/bosses the best way?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
There are "artifact routes" which give out some white artifacts for a relatively small resin-free haul, but the best way is to run artifact domains.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

smallmouth posted:

Is there an easy way to get lots of crap artifacts for leveling? Like a particular enemy or something? Or is grinding domains/bosses the best way?

Definitely Domains > Artifact Route > The enemies that drop artifacts. Not including elite bosses because why would you do that over the artifact domain for artifacts.

Artifact route takes 15-20 mins (if you run and ignore everything else you can get close to 10 mins) and you get ...can't remember offhand but it's somewhere around 60 mostly white artifacts, but you get some 2* ones as well.

Clearing the map of every single enemy that drops artifacts will give you around...30 maybe, much higher level artifacts, lots of 3* and some 4* (at the higher ARs). This will also take you at least 4 hours so...an exercise for the very bored.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Ytlaya posted:

Huh, mine doesn't do nearly that much with 30k HP (I'm not sure exactly how much his melee combo, but I generally see numbers from 800-1300 or so - level 90 mobs definitely don't die in one combo though). He's still extremely useful just due to his shield and meteors (which still hit for like 25-30k or so), but I never use him for melee attacks.

It's possible I need more crit stats on him or something to make him perform better in melee. Albedo has a couple of my best crit rate/damage geo artifacts (since I prioritized giving crit to him so his skill would crit constantly - it generally does like 4000 damage per proc).

Yeah, the set I'm using is my rather optimized Razor's Gladiator one which wasn't made to take advantage of his hp scaling since it's all ATK% gear with decently high crit damage and a crit rate helm (although one of the artifacts landed a 20% hp boost). I don't think the hp+ stuff does much for his attack even though it's a nice bonus, and the massive DPS change is mostly a result of the geo shield/resonance changes since losing his shield makes his damage far more mediocre.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Best way I've found for artifact experience is to farm for noblesse oblige and lament for all the bloodstained pieces that drop.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

2-pc bloodstained is probably better than 2-pc glad tbh.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Speaking of artifacts, do bosses guarantee a 5* artifact at WL8? I'm just about to hit AR54 so it's not super long until I increase world level again.

Clarste posted:

There are "artifact routes" which give out some white artifacts for a relatively small resin-free haul, but the best way is to run artifact domains.

Yeah, it's hard to bring myself to care about artifact routes when I can do a single condensed resin domain and get many, many times as much XP (plus a chance at decent 5*s).

Resin is a limited resource and all, but you only need so many ascension materials (and the benefits of good artifacts likely outweigh the benefits of, say, ascending a character from 80 to 90 in most cases).

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Ytlaya posted:

Speaking of artifacts, do bosses guarantee a 5* artifact at WL8? I'm just about to hit AR54 so it's not super long until I increase world level again.
They do. You always get one from Gladiator/Wanderer, but I don't think you can ever get two (you can get 3/4 star artifacts too but I've never gotten a double drop of a 5 so I presume you just get one at 100%).

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Colorspray posted:

Best way I've found for artifact experience is to farm for noblesse oblige and lament for all the bloodstained pieces that drop.

Same, I figured a bunch of my people could use NO, so each run should be relatively productive. I have been using almost all resin on it for a month and I guess I got a few good pieces, but not the windfall I was hoping for. How hard is it to get both ER and %HP on an item for Bennett? Apparently very hard. It has given me a bunch of artifact exp to get 8 level 20 artifacts and a bunch that are 16 or so at least.

Also, here are my two nicest Gladiators artifacts just because I feel like posting them. For some reason I have way more helmets and flowers than other pieces.

Edit: Picture ended up a bit bigger than I was expecting.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Feb 7, 2021

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I still can’t decide if I want yangu OH MY GOD MY OHOBE IS CORRECTING GANYU MISTYPES TO YANGU umm I can’t decide if I want her with strayer or troupe.

I like pairing her with Klee for abyss but it’s hard to swap from someone that up close and charge. So I’d want xiangling prolly. Idk I think the better play is prolly going strayer and teaming with Diona.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm a little confused about people finding Guyun so much harder - the one that gives Noblesse took me the longest to be able to reliably farm. Those Abyss Mages do a huge amount of damage and can still attack with their aura things when downed.

It's a little tedious having to beat the Ruin Hunter in Guyun, but not as much of a risk of dying.

Nakar posted:

They do. You always get one from Gladiator/Wanderer, but I don't think you can ever get two (you can get 3/4 star artifacts too but I've never gotten a double drop of a 5 so I presume you just get one at 100%).

Ah, that's really nice. I'm pretty sure that the current rate of 5*s isn't any greater than like 2/3 or 3/4 (maybe as low as 1/2).

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Ugh, I started playing a couple of weeks ago, and I had been pretty much cruising through until I hit adventurer level 30 today and they bumped my world level up again.

I think my problem has been that I was spreading my xp items across too many characters (no 5*s yet, and for some reason a ton of pyro), so I've got a bunch of 40s and near 40s, only 2 that are ascended past that, and suddenly everything is 40+. Now I'm not really sure what to do.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Danann posted:

2-pc bloodstained is probably better than 2-pc glad tbh.

But 2pc NO is sexier than either of them. Not to poo poo on your statement; physical damage bonus can be more desirable than straight attack % depending on the build. I don't see 4pc Bloodstained on anything other than Phys Keqing or Spin-to-win Noelle maybe, but even then...

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The way to get past the hump of world leveling is to focus your resources into a single character. A30 is around when traveler starts falling aside in terms of power but they can still bring you to a40 if you really want.

Not having a 5* character is rough because they are all easy build arounds. Might be worth rolling for Xiao if you want to.

I think the recommended 4 star main characters to focus on are Razor or Ningguang? Fischl is good but only single target on the field, Noelle takes c6. I’m not sure how people feel about Bennett main, might be okay. Beidou and Xinyan are also options but weirder and Xinyan takes constellations. Kaeya is on the list somewhere too and is a guaranteed character.

Keep in mind there’s tons of leeway and anyone can be strong if you focus on them and get used to the systems.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

kater posted:

The way to get past the hump of world leveling is to focus your resources into a single character. A30 is around when traveler starts falling aside in terms of power but they can still bring you to a40 if you really want.

Not having a 5* character is rough because they are all easy build arounds. Might be worth rolling for Xiao if you want to.

I think the recommended 4 star main characters to focus on are Razor or Ningguang? Fischl is good but only single target on the field, Noelle takes c6. I’m not sure how people feel about Bennett main, might be okay. Beidou and Xinyan are also options but weirder and Xinyan takes constellations. Kaeya is on the list somewhere too and is a guaranteed character.

Keep in mind there’s tons of leeway and anyone can be strong if you focus on them and get used to the systems.

Yeah, I sprung for Welkin, I've rolled every time I can do 10 (only spending on the limited character banner), just no luck so far. Aside from Kaeya, the only other ones you mentioned that I got are Beidou, Noelle, and Bennett. Aside from the traveler, the only character I've been able to do constellation upgrades on is Xiangling, and I haven't gotten the freebie copy from the spiral abyss yet either. Almost every pull is 9 3* weapons and 1 4* character so far.

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

Clarste posted:

I strongly question the value of these, they seem like they may be equivalent to 10 resin of artifacts, if that. The time spent clearing them barely seems worth it.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I'm a little confused about people finding Guyun so much harder - the one that gives Noblesse took me the longest to be able to reliably farm. Those Abyss Mages do a huge amount of damage and can still attack with their aura things when downed.

It's a little tedious having to beat the Ruin Hunter in Guyun, but not as much of a risk of dying.

Ah, that's really nice. I'm pretty sure that the current rate of 5*s isn't any greater than like 2/3 or 3/4 (maybe as low as 1/2).

I find Noblesse easy to farm because I have a Zhongli to shield and drop meteor to halfway nuke shields followed by anemo traveler swirling with skill and burst. Jean and fischl on standby to follow up with bursts when the mages teleport slightly off and don't get the full blast of the swirlnado.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Aquila posted:

I strongly question the value of these, they seem like they may be equivalent to 10 resin of artifacts, if that. The time spent clearing them barely seems worth it.

Well, I certainly don't do them. Honestly, I wanted to call them "negligible" but didn't want to get into an argument about it.

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

Danann posted:

I find Noblesse easy to farm because I have a Zhongli to shield and drop meteor to halfway nuke shields followed by anemo traveler swirling with skill and burst. Jean and fischl on standby to follow up with bursts when the mages teleport slightly off and don't get the full blast of the swirlnado.

Yeah, with Diluc/Fish/Ganyu/Barbara Noblesse is trivial. Just Barbara down the fire then nothing is really a threat. Chong can sub for Ganyu, Bennet or XL for Diluc.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Aquila posted:

I mean, it's one of the few resin-free things you can do that progresses your characters by a noticeable amount. It's worth at least marking them on your map for something to do when you're out of resin. It's also not like you need to do full runs. I haven't done the whole route in a while, but I still visit a few spots near waypoints frequently. It's also a nice thing to have available when you need a little push in artifact exp. There's several times when I've been leveling artifacts and was just a few hundred exp short for a substat roll.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Danann posted:

I have an easy time now thanks to Zhongli, but it was really risky for me before that since minor mistakes could kill someone.

Clarste posted:

Well, I certainly don't do them. Honestly, I wanted to call them "negligible" but didn't want to get into an argument about it.

Yeah; I think it made more sense when we were all lower WL and couldn't get so many 3/4* artifacts from artifact domains. Artifact domains before they dropped 5*s and before condensed resin was an option would have been far less appealing as a use of resin, but once they start dropping 5*s they're pretty much always worthwhile.

We also had more need for farming other things earlier, while the priority for farming ascension materials decreases once you already have a decent roster.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

every bit of exp counts if you're trying to fill out leveled sets for abyss teams, and resin-free means resin-free :shrug:

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

kater posted:

I wanna point out here for anyone who hasn't looked through the update notices that Bennett, Ningguang, and Barbara are the rate-up 4*s on the Keqing banner that comes on in less than two weeks. If you need strong 4*s and don't want to chase Xiao, it'd be very advantageous to save your pulls for that banner. Bennett is viable either as main DPS or as the best support not named Venti and Ningguang is the strongest 4* carry as of 1.3 if you give her a battery. Ningguang needs some building to really reach her potential. Bennett is usable out of the box and even better with C1, just stack ER to ~200ish% and enjoy being unkillable outside of oneshots.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

zgrowler2 posted:

I wanna point out here for anyone who hasn't looked through the update notices that Bennett, Ningguang, and Barbara are the rate-up 4*s on the Keqing banner that comes on in less than two weeks. If you need strong 4*s and don't want to chase Xiao, it'd be very advantageous to save your pulls for that banner. Bennett is viable either as main DPS or as the best support not named Venti and Ningguang is the strongest 4* carry as of 1.3 if you give her a battery.

If you don't mind the specter of Keqing looming over you, anyway.

Edit: Not that Keqing is the worst character ever or anything, just that the way the pity works in this game makes pulling 5 stars you don't want kind of annoying.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Clarste posted:

If you don't mind the specter of Keqing looming over you, anyway.

Edit: Not that Keqing is the worst character ever or anything, just that the way the pity works in this game makes pulling 5 stars you don't want kind of annoying.

Very, very true. I'm lined up for a pity 4* and can put in maybe 20 more rolls without getting in danger of hitting soft pity. I think the rolls from something like pity counter 24~60 or a weird midrange are actually under par for pulling a 5* the way that the math works out, don't remember for the life of me where I saw that graph on estimated odds per pity counter increment.

Also I would love to get a non-banner 5* and lock in the presumed Venti reroll :v:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Aquila posted:

It's somewhere between 30 and 40 resin worth of artifact xp per day (~24k XP). It's not as important as spending your resin or mining ore but it's the next best thing you can do.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Aquila posted:

I mainly use it to gauge the initial rolls of the substats or the close out the final rolls of the substats. With the former case, it more or less determines if I will further invest in the artifact.

It's up to you if want to spend that time or not. For me, there is not much else to do on the game. F2P players who started from day 1 or near it, we usually have fewer characters and much fewer strong weapons to invest in, so the focus becomes artifacts.

Increasing your characters' stats eventually become a grind, so it's up to you if you want to grind or not.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, just to give some context and numbers on the artifact route:

At AR 45+ a 20 resin artifact domain gives, on average, 3.5 3stars, 2.5 4stars, and 1 5star for a total of 14490 artifact exp. (this is based on the data gathering discord and over 11,000 runs)

I just did the artifact route in 15 minutes, using Zhongli (tall dude) and two anemo chars for the increase stamina and increase movement speed. There are actually three spots that are kinda way out there that if you skipped you might be able to cut off 2-3 minutes.

I got 64 1star artifacts and 6 2star artifacts for a total of 31920 artifact exp.

I don't think this was a massive outlier run. I feel like 65 average might be about right.

I literally do this every day I am not busy because...15 mins, why not. I am just logging in to do my dailies, spend my resin, and potentially mine the ore. I usually take longer because I will go harvest random plants and maybe kill some mitachurls or something on the way. 15 mins is just grabbing the artifacts and then opening the map to the next spot. I don't follow the exact route the ones online show, but I am not sure that my way is necessarily the fastest.

Another way to get artifacts, though it's meagre, are the three shops that sell them. They each have 5 2stars for 2000 mora a piece, so a total of 15 2 stars for 30k mora. That works out to 12600 artifact exp for 30k mora. I can't remember when mora leylines start giving you 60k, but for 20 resin you can get 60k mora. For 20 resin you can get 14,900 artifact exp. So, this isn't a ton of artifacts, and it's only once a week, but it's still an efficient way to get artifact exp. Obviously you don't get the chance to get a nice 5* this route so you can figure out whether it's worth it to you or not.

edit: There are also 5-6 spots that actually respawn every 12 hours, including the bunker that has the biggest spawn there is, so if you were an absolute maniac you could min-max things with that info, but I don't quite think it's worth it, haha.

edit 2:

In case people want a quick reference to make sure they have all the spots, here are the ones I have marked as the plant icon:

There are routes online that give you an idea where to start and run to, but the ones online I used initially are missing a couple spots.

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Feb 7, 2021

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

Tsyni posted:

I got 64 1star artifacts and 6 2star artifacts for a total of 31920 artifact exp.
Well gently caress, that's about 3x what I estimated. Still not worth my time.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

TVs Ian posted:

Ugh, I started playing a couple of weeks ago, and I had been pretty much cruising through until I hit adventurer level 30 today and they bumped my world level up again.

I think my problem has been that I was spreading my xp items across too many characters (no 5*s yet, and for some reason a ton of pyro), so I've got a bunch of 40s and near 40s, only 2 that are ascended past that, and suddenly everything is 40+. Now I'm not really sure what to do.

Post your characters, we can tell you who to level past 40.

Spreading yourself too thin is a common mistake and easily redeemable at your level, you just have to commit to a "main" team. Usually 1 carry + 2 supports/subdps + healer.

5*s are nice to have, but definitely not necessary. You will acquire them over time as you roll and hit pity.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just choose someone you like and dump stuff into them. Pretty much everyone can be strong if you build them for it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

gandlethorpe posted:

Mt. Hulao (in NW Liyue) is one of the best spots to get a bunch of cor lapis in a small area. If you just want to gradually farm up, doing that one every few days is pretty efficient.

Today's photo target is yellow items, so in addition to farming up your Chongs, Zhongs, and Qings, Mt. Hulao is probably the best place to get all your pictures in one go. There's even 3 sweet flowers right by the waypoint.

Any place that has plenty of berries is also a good place to knock it out quickly.

Also, for data collection's sake, here's my haul from 5 days of the event:
  • Red - 10
  • Blue - 14
  • Yellow - 10
  • Brown - 8
  • Purple - 8

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I enjoy where this flower is going:

(For a Ganyu who already has ~90% crit counting Cryo Resonance and her talent)

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I wouldn't do the full artifact farm route, but I do go to the bunker every time I remember it. It helps that on the way there's two whopperflowers and a fatui agent for some of their drops as well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mint Essential Oil? Craftable uest item used for making perfume? The hell is this now? You trying to get in the way of me using my useless mint hoard for something besides transmogrification Mihoyo, when did you sneak this into the game?!

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

Mint Essential Oil? Craftable uest item used for making perfume? The hell is this now? You trying to get in the way of me using my useless mint hoard for something besides transmogrification Mihoyo, when did you sneak this into the game?!

I believe this commission has been in the game since start, at least I remember it for sure from 1.1 (and I have gotten it like 4 times already, last time... today).

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I do the full artifact farm route every day because my brain is very smooth and I have 11 support units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Anyone know when they will open a new zone? I miss opening chests