Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Hexel posted:

I do the full artifact farm route every day because my brain is very smooth and I have 11 support units.

if you want to smooth your brain down some more you could set up a dedicated team for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Pshh, needs Zhongli over Ningguang. Maybe Diona over Kaeya too, since her shield gives speed for a slightly weaker stamina buff.

Most tempting argument I've seen to pull for Xiao though. My team is Venti/Sucrose/Zhongli/Diona, but Sucrose doesn't do anything other than activate Anemo resonance.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

I believe this commission has been in the game since start, at least I remember it for sure from 1.1 (and I have gotten it like 4 times already, last time... today).

Really? For that long? Wild. I only just saw it now and I've been making condensed resin every day that I can.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Anyone know when they will open a new zone? I miss opening chests

I think according to the current rumours the Chasm is expected around update 1.5?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

All these overworld farming teams without a claymore user :stonk:

What if you see a Cor Lapis node??

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Hexel posted:

All these overworld farming teams without a claymore user :stonk:

What if you see a Cor Lapis node??

ning AA breaks rocks and her level 1 passive finds crystals/iron/white iron. her gate can be used to activate geo switches as well

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lih posted:

I think according to the current rumours the Chasm is expected around update 1.5?

From HuTao discord leaks:

1.4 Windbloom Festival
1.5 Chasm
1.6 Inazuma first chapter + Ludi Harpastum
2.0 Inazuma full reveal

kater
Nov 16, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Really? For that long? Wild. I only just saw it now and I've been making condensed resin every day that I can.

Commissions are daily quests. You make perfume for the kid. Nobody is trying to steal your mint.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Yeah, the recipe only shows up if you actually have the commission that day, and also you can just throw money at the problem if you really can't be assed to make it yourself (don't do this though).

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Lechtansi posted:

Post your characters, we can tell you who to level past 40.

Spreading yourself too thin is a common mistake and easily redeemable at your level, you just have to commit to a "main" team. Usually 1 carry + 2 supports/subdps + healer.

5*s are nice to have, but definitely not necessary. You will acquire them over time as you roll and hit pity.

Sure, aside from the Traveler (C4 on both Geo & Anemo) and the other freebies: Xiangling (C3), Barbara (C1), Xingqiu (C1), Bennett, Beidou, Noelle, Sucrose, and Xinyan. Anyone not specified is C0.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Anyone looking to trade your 3 yellow pictures for my 3 brown or any other color or combination of colors? Might as well try and get the trading battle pass points and finish up the pictures now.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm almost at the point where I'm hitting a wall, fights are a lot harder and I don't feel like I'm strong enough to beat bosses anymore unless I've got a ton of food to go through. I've almost completed all of Mondstat now, haven't stepped foot into Liuyhe other than to get the Kamera quests and I'm still at a loss of which team to build/focus on.

Barbara (C1)
Ganyu
Diluc
Sucrose (C1)
Xingaling (C2)
Diona
Noelle (C2)
Xingqiu (C1)
Chongyun
Beidou

My Four Star weapons are:
Favonious Bow
Prototype Amber
Prototype Rancour
Dragon's Bane
The Bell
Rainslasher
*Northlander Sword Billet
*Northlander Claymore Billet

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

TVs Ian posted:

Sure, aside from the Traveler (C4 on both Geo & Anemo) and the other freebies: Xiangling (C3), Barbara (C1), Xingqiu (C1), Bennett, Beidou, Noelle, Sucrose, and Xinyan. Anyone not specified is C0.

Give Xiangling a crescent pike (which is craftable from the freebie prototypes) and say goodbye to overworld difficulty - she'll be the best carry in your roster. For even more damage you would want to run super conduct which needs electro (Lisa/Beidou) and cryo (Kaeya).

For a healer, that's just what Barbara does and you'll get Hydro to pop pyro shields. If you want a claymore, Noelle can fill that spot and heal as well. If you want to be spicy and maximize your energy regen, choose Bennet who is arguably one of the best 4 star units in the game, and will also net you the pyro resonance to boost Xianglings attack. And an additional attack buff from his ult! :getin:

If you run this team, you can just focus on dumping resources into Xianglings artifacts and keeping Crescent pike upgraded. Hope this helps!

RealFoxy this might work for you too if you're having trouble. You've got an interesting roster; what characters do you like to use/have already leveled?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

padijun posted:

ning AA breaks rocks and her level 1 passive finds crystals/iron/white iron. her gate can be used to activate geo switches as well

Sure, but Razor is both a Sprinting stamina reducer and has a Claymore, so he's like Ning and Kaeya in one unit.

My travel team is Childe/Razor/Venti/Anemo.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Are you using buff foods too? I come from MonHun so food is a regular part of fighting bosses. War and empty stomachs and all that...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I'm almost at the point where I'm hitting a wall, fights are a lot harder and I don't feel like I'm strong enough to beat bosses anymore unless I've got a ton of food to go through. I've almost completed all of Mondstat now, haven't stepped foot into Liuyhe other than to get the Kamera quests and I'm still at a loss of which team to build/focus on.

you have the essential pieces for one of Diluc's best teams, Diluc/Xingqiu/Sucrose. just add Barbara as a healer, maybe Diona. your main obstacle here is mostly just lacking a few good support weapons but you can use artifacts to build ER% on characters like Xingqiu until you get a Favonius/Sacrificial sword.

for second team options you can build around Ganyu. didn't roll her and don't care about her myself so i have no idea what pairings you'd make other than giving her whichever healer Diluc isn't using. Liyue should have more 4* weapon prototypes for you in the antique shop there, so you can make a Prototype Crescent for Ganyu as a better freebie option than Favonius (which should go on Diona).

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Pain of Mind posted:

Anyone looking to trade your 3 yellow pictures for my 3 brown or any other color or combination of colors? Might as well try and get the trading battle pass points and finish up the pictures now.

609408465, hit me up.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

Barbara (C1)
Ganyu
Diona
Sucrose (C1)

Diluc
Xingqiu (C1)
Noelle (C2)
Chongyun
---
Xiangling (C2)

Beidou
These are the two teams I'd go for, with Diluc and Ganyu as main damage dealers. The first team lets you permanently freeze enemies and trivializes most overworld challenges. Use Sucrose with VV to help boost your damage by grouping enemies and reducing their resistance if/when you get that artifact set available.

Team 2 is much easier, just freeze and melt everyone with Noelle's shield and grabbing for convenience.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Level your artifacts, characters don't mean nearly as much.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

so is Xiao just kinda boring? there was a lot more posting about Ganyu when she came out than Xiao I feel like

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

TVs Ian posted:

Xiangling is a very good character. (My main team was comprised of her, C2 Kaeya, Anemo Traveler, and C0 Bennett until AR40.) If that C3 doesn't include the free spiral abyss copy, I would definitely suggest you focus on her sooner rather than later. The +40% uptime that her burst gets from C4 is no joke.

Do you have any Northlander Spear Billets? (They were called prototypes instead of billets before 1.3, so take that into account.) If you want to use Xiangling as a main attacker, her second-best weapon can be crafted at the forge using a billet. She's still worth raising if not; she can function as elemental support as well.

Colorspray posted:

For a healer, that's just what Barbara does and you'll get Hydro to pop pyro shields. If you want a claymore, Noelle can fill that spot and heal as well. If you want to be spicy and maximize your energy regen, choose Bennet who is arguably one of the best 4 star units in the game, and will also net you the pyro resonance to boost Xianglings attack. And an additional attack buff from his ult! :getin:

I definitely recommend pairing Bennett with her over Barbara. The thing about Xiangling is that her burst has a high energy cost. Barbara produces no energy for other characters at all; meanwhile, due to how the energy system works, particles made by Bennett will give Xiangling three times as much energy as the particles from any non-Pyro character. Bennett is also cheap to kit out and slots well into a lot of team compositions, so focusing on him gives you a lot of freedom in building teams later on.

Also, leveling Barbara doesn't improve her shield-popping abilities any; it's cheaper to just keep her low-level and switch her into your team temporarily when you need to pop a Pyro mage sheild.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Glazius posted:

609408465, hit me up.

Trying now, but it is not finding anything. Let me know when you are in game, unless you are in game and I am just doing it wrong.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Tatsuta Age posted:

so is Xiao just kinda boring? there was a lot more posting about Ganyu when she came out than Xiao I feel like
ganyu has over three times the amount of total damage in a charged shot than any other bow character, xiao is a 8/10 damage dealer with less reaction potential than diluc

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tatsuta Age posted:

People saved up for ganyu, unlikely those same volume also rolled him or are saving for someone else.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tatsuta Age posted:

i would probably just chalk it up to Ganyu's ridiculous damage potential. Xiao feels pretty balanced to me and is fun to play with a few caveats like fragility and team pickiness. by nature of his moves he's at least above Albedo in exciting-ness even if they are both in the "balanced" pool of 5*.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Xiao is almost certainly the most unlikable character in this game, at least with the english VO. He'd have to be pretty drat great/fun for me to get over that.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

I was saving but didn't know what for. I splurged on the Ganyu banner simply because I wanted to murder Timmie's pigeons.

Finally got 10k saved back up and going to burn it on the Keqing banner. Really stoked for potential Ningguang and Bennett constellations, and if I pull a C1 Keqing it would not be a bad thing.

I am mentally prepared to pull C12 Barbara.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm just saving for hu tao at this point.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Colorspray posted:

Give Xiangling a crescent pike (which is craftable from the freebie prototypes) and say goodbye to overworld difficulty - she'll be the best carry in your roster. For even more damage you would want to run super conduct which needs electro (Lisa/Beidou) and cryo (Kaeya).

If you run this team, you can just focus on dumping resources into Xianglings artifacts and keeping Crescent pike upgraded. Hope this helps!

Bloody Emissary posted:

Xiangling is a very good character. (My main team was comprised of her, C2 Kaeya, Anemo Traveler, and C0 Bennett until AR40.) If that C3 doesn't include the free spiral abyss copy, I would definitely suggest you focus on her sooner rather than later. The +40% uptime that her burst gets from C4 is no joke.

Do you have any Northlander Spear Billets? (They were called prototypes instead of billets before 1.3, so take that into account.) If you want to use Xiangling as a main attacker, her second-best weapon can be crafted at the forge using a billet. She's still worth raising if not; she can function as elemental support as well.

I definitely recommend pairing Bennett with her over Barbara. The thing about Xiangling is that her burst has a high energy cost. Barbara produces no energy for other characters at all; meanwhile, due to how the energy system works, particles made by Bennett will give Xiangling three times as much energy as the particles from any non-Pyro character. Bennett is also cheap to kit out and slots well into a lot of team compositions, so focusing on him gives you a lot of freedom in building teams later on.

Also, leveling Barbara doesn't improve her shield-popping abilities any; it's cheaper to just keep her low-level and switch her into your team temporarily when you need to pop a Pyro mage sheild.

Thanks! I have not yet gotten the free copy from Spiral Abyss, so that'll be my next priority. I haven't gotten a spear billet yet, but it looks like you get one from the same challenge, so that'll lock that down too.

I guess the next step after that will be the pyro regisvine so I can get her ascended and leveled past 40.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

I legit had a dream last night where they announced the third 5* for 1.3. It wasn't Hu Tao. It was Teucer.

Eh, if they put Chong and Razor on it I'd still pull.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
When i was in your position i made the prototype Archaic for Chongyun and it served me really well until i was strong enough to farm up artifacts for the characters i liked better

edit: ffs i refreshed awful.apk three times to make sure i was replying to the latest post but here i am on another page.

Corla Plankun fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Feb 7, 2021

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Corla Plankun posted:

When i was in your position i made the prototype Archaic for Chongyun and it seemed me really well until i was strong enough to farm up artifacts for the characters i liked better

edit: ffs i refreshed awful.apk three times to make sure i was replying to the latest part but here i am on another page.

I'm inches away from AR55, have 6(maybe 7?) 5* chars and Chongboi still leads my second team of abyss as main DPS with the prototype archaic.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

TVs Ian posted:

As other people have said, Xiangling, Bennett, Xingqiu and Sucrose are the most versatile characters you have. Sucrose isn't amazing until you get the Viridescent Venerer set, but easily outclasses all the other characters you have to support Xiangling.

Basically, if you pop Bennetts ult, and then mix XQ and XL ults, you are going to destroy everything and be invincible. Add in a swirl (or even her ult) from Sucrose and you are all set.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
oceanid is one of the worst designed bosses in all of video games. the only thing i can think of that surpasses it is gyorg from majoras mask

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Ranting on the internet to improve RNG luck...

Dumping most of my primos into Xiao got me up to 65 pity and still no 5*. Normally I'd stop here and just wait for a new banner, but I REALLY don't want another Keqing. At least this batch has gotten me my first Stringless, first Diona, and enough merges on Xinyan to make her viable, if I ever have the resources to level and gear her. Mihoyo, I just want another anemo to replace Traveler for resonance, is that too much to ask?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Space Opera posted:

Mihoyo, I just want another anemo to replace Traveler for resonance, is that too much to ask?

poo poo, apart from Sucrose they really are all 5*s huh

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

There's a wind claymore in the future, but that's at least 2 patches away.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Anemo is the only element that didn't have at least 2 4* at launch I think. It's kind of weird, I wonder if they thought it would be too OP to have more in the standard summoning pool? Or they just assumed everyone would use anemo Traveler lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

imagine palm vortex, but it's a turret