Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Sjs00 posted:

I like how the redbull and fries are a single line item that can't be right but what do I know

it is a combo, i stack the promos and order things from places that are doing deals to double dip

promo from the free month of uberEATS pass = no delivery cost (save 3-6 bucks)
buy 1 get 1 free offer meals u get an item free (a free 3-10 dollar item usually)
new account code ( save $20 of a $25+ meal)
no tip (save $4-$8)

lots of value here

Inverted Icon posted:

hey 1001 arabian dicks

could you give me your referral code so I can get $20 off of my $25 meal to bring the total cost of 32 wings, fries and a redbull from UberEATS to $4.17? I've been spending too much money, $308 !, on food for the past month. i'm pragmatically considering the ethical quandary whether or not to share this link with my family, so that they can also get 32 wings, a redbull and crinckled fries for $4.17 from UberEATS. Is it wrong for me to strike a blow against against the giant on behalf of the little guy by using your referral code to order from UberEATS?

just get one from twitter, it doesn't matter whose code it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Uber exploits the poo poo out of its workers, so you should try to exploit Uber to such a great extent that it fails, imo.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

1redflag posted:

Uber exploits the poo poo out of its workers, so you should try to exploit Uber to such a great extent that it fails, imo.

:kheldragar::kheldragar::kheldragar:no one can have good things:kheldragar::kheldragar::kheldragar:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

post a pic of the wings

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

it's more unethical that you don't tip than that you're exploiting promo codes, hth

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

GolfHole posted:

so gently caress em, bleed uber dry, it's actually the ethical thing to do

:kheldragar:

GolfHole posted:

post a pic of the wings

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

it's more unethical that you don't tip than that you're exploiting promo codes, hth

hmmm should i tip

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Everyone just spam this post at him

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Give the crack to the kids, who the hell cares
One less hungry mouth on the welfare

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

this is worth $6

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

hmmm should i tip

absolutely

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

hmmm should i tip

yes

that $8 could leave someone short the money to buy a nice birthday present for their kid, or stop the heat from getting shut off, or to buy their own pizza or whatever

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Not tipping is a dick move even when you're paying full price.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

GolfHole posted:

absolutely

i will take this into consideration

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

hmmm should i tip

Yes, for delivery, you should tip the greater of $3 or 20% of the full balance of the order (minus fees/taxes, but without applying any discounts, etc). People who drive delivery typically have it pretty rough; it’s basically alms at this point

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob

i will take this into consideration

You should really tip dude. A lot of these people make less than minimum wage when you factor in the wear and tear on their vehicles. This is the true ethical issue you should address.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Bodhidharma posted:

You should really tip dude. A lot of these people make less than minimum wage when you factor in the wear and tear on their vehicles. This is the true ethical issue you should address.

i will consider this, but i am poor

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

That'll happen when you spend $830/month on delivery food.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

numberoneposter posted:

I only order from Dominos or places that do their own delivery thing. I hate uber and alike services.

:same:

Everywhere doing click and collect since the lockdowns started is a godsend and now I'm eating at local places that I never had someone to go with for an eat in :buddy:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

If you're too poor to tip you're too poor for takeout.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

i think you're supposed to take the fox over first then leave the tomatoes then bring the fox back... wait I hosed it up.. dammit

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

carry on then posted:

didn't realize the pound had fallen that far. dire.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Propaganda Machine posted:

If you're too poor to tip you're too poor for takeout.

i have taken this into consideration, i internally discuss this.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Me and my partner get takeout every few days and our entire food budget is still way less than 800 dollars, and we live in a major city.

OP maybe learn to cook? That way you can actually pay the people who make and deliver your food :v:

edit : also it would please me greatly if you would take punching yourself in the balls into consideration

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 8, 2021

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Whether you're in the place or take out, if you can't afford to tip, don't order.
These are the worst loving people that come in the place and when the bill comes they go "oh it's all I can afford" usually with a smile on their face.

Very grateful right now that the vast majority of my time in that lovely industry was spent in the kitchen instead of front of house dealing with people like you.

Everyone involved in making (and delivering) your meal is paid poo poo. The odds that the boss is an rear end in a top hat are skyhigh, it's a restaurant. Learn how to cook or loving tip at the very least.

Bronze Fonz fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 8, 2021

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Cut your dick off OP.
That'll help your situation, trust me.

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Triggered...

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Stop eating for a month and buy $830 worth of $doge

Dogecoin is going to the moon and after you become a bazillionair you can spend $1660 per month on takeout and get the good stuff. Not the poor people food

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Cursed British take out.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
why don't you tip? what country are you in fatty?

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Someone who is good with the economy explain why I'm spending hundreds of dollars on the lowest quality food available please

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

32 wings + large fries + redbull = 3000 calories and 35 dollars after taxes/fees.

$830/$35 = 23.7 meals x 3000 calories = 71,142 calories / 30 days = 2,371 calories per day on fast food alone.

Scald
May 5, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 26 years!
I used to do this with SkipTheDishes.

There's a trick, where you can add <gmailaddress>+<anything>@gmail.com and it'll got to your gmail address. So I'd sign up, over and over again, referring myself for $10 off + $10 off. It worked out so that it was cheaper to order burgers than it was to buy them in person.

They eventually wised up, deleted all my accrued credits, and sent me a snarky warning e-mail. gently caress ethics.

(Since then it's been reduced to $7, and then $5 per referral, thanks to people like me)

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Bronze Fonz posted:

Whether you're in the place or take out, if you can't afford to tip, don't order.
These are the worst loving people that come in the place and when the bill comes they go "oh it's all I can afford" usually with a smile on their face.

Very grateful right now that the vast majority of my time in that lovely industry was spent in the kitchen instead of front of house dealing with people like you.

Everyone involved in making (and delivering) your meal is paid poo poo. The odds that the boss is an rear end in a top hat are skyhigh, it's a restaurant. Learn how to cook or loving tip at the very least.

Blaming the customer for not paying a voluntary fee instead of the boss who won't pay a living wage seems like a strange choice.

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
If you won't tip, at least offer the driver one of your chicken nuggets. Hopefully he's a big dumb manbaby like you and is willing to eat food for children.

Seriously, if your wings don't have bones in them you are a failure.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

satanic splash-back posted:

Blaming the customer for not paying a voluntary fee instead of the boss who won't pay a living wage seems like a strange choice.

You can blame everyone who exploits sub-minimum wage earners, that means bosses and customers too.

lmao dude can't blame two things

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

not tipping is ethical because you don't subsidize the workers of companies that exploit their workers, no?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

not tipping is ethical because you don't subsidize the workers of companies that exploit their workers, no?

i dont really know about that, tim.

seems like youre stealing from 2 people this way: a faceless corporation, and your brother

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Op I have a good tip for you:

Ubereat my rear end in a top hat cuz u suck poo poo!!!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

GolfHole posted:

seems like youre stealing from 2 people this way: a faceless corporation, and your brother

don't have a brother

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Op I have a good tip for you:

Ubereat my rear end in a top hat cuz u suck poo poo!!!

gently caress YOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

don't have a brother

~we r all 1~

anyway i wish you luck wish your uber adventures and i hope you continue to enjoy your life :)

im not a mod but im officially closing this thread, golfhole's law