Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
parallel reality justin hammer who is exactly the same except not in prison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Doctor Nutt posted:

I don't care if they do it by putting a silly mustache on Sam Rockwell and have him play a character named Dustin Jammer, if they actually get him on the show I will be delighted.

Just recall him from the moon

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I mean I like Sam Rockwell too, but his character's too much of a douche to be friends with someone like Monica

(they should put him in anyways)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Why has SWORD not contacted an Avenger yet?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
They've contacted two!

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Codependent Poster posted:

Wanna see Jimmy do the card trick to an amazed Dr. Strange.

Dr. Strange 2 has Strange help/fix Wanda in the first 15 minutes. Then Wanda introduces Strange to Jimmy and the rest of the runtime is Jimmy and Strange doing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsIZ1wkGGao

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Spacebump posted:

An Avenger got them into this mess!!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Spacebump posted:

I mean, we don't even know the state of the Avengers at this stage. Cap, Iron Man, and Widow are dead. Thor is offworld with the Guardians. That leaves who? Smart Hulk, Hawkeye, War Machine, and Falcon? Didn't two of them retire? Does SWORD have Spider Man's contact info? Who knows where Captain Marvel is? We won't talk about Black Panther. Is Doctor Strange even a known player? I guess that leaves Ant-Man?

I take it back. Jimmy should call Ant-Man.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Ignis posted:

I mean I like Sam Rockwell too, but his character's too much of a douche to be friends with someone like Monica

(they should put him in anyways)

She might have been loosely using the word friend. The only thing I could think of is maybe Hammer and her met through her mom. It probably won't happen but he matches the description.

Then again, maybe one of Hulk's PhDs is in aerospace engineering.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Spacebump posted:

What Avengers are even left? Falcon, but he's off having an adventure with Winter Soldier. Spider-Man is technically an Avenger, but he's in school. Thor hosed off with the Guardians. Natasha is dead. Hawkeye probably retired and is also off having an adventure with Hailee Steinfeld.

Dr. Strange probably would be helpful, but he's not technically an Avenger. That just leaves Hulk, who admittedly probably could be helpful and they probably should call him.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Spacebump posted:

Then again, maybe one of Hulk's PhDs is in aerospace engineering.

Does Hank Pym have one?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

There's also the consideration that anyone they could reasonably call would probably also immediately sniff out that they were up to some bullshit with Vision's body.

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 7, 2021

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

OldSenileGuy posted:

What Avengers are even left? Falcon, but he's off having an adventure with Winter Soldier. Spider-Man is technically an Avenger, but he's in school. Thor hosed off with the Guardians. Natasha is dead. Hawkeye probably retired and is also off having an adventure with Hailee Steinfeld.

Dr. Strange probably would be helpful, but he's not technically an Avenger. That just leaves Hulk, who admittedly probably could be helpful and they probably should call him.

Everyone at the final battle is technically an Avenger by implication due to Cap saying Avengers Assemble when backup arrived. (If Tony can declare someone part of the team in the field, so can Cap.)

This is before Far From Home. Spidey is finishing the school year. Thor would be offworld, Nat would be dead. Cap is an old man. War Machine should be around and the US gov should know how to contact him. Hawkeye probably isn't on his adventure with Steinfeld yet. Winter Soldier and Cap might be starting their adventure already, if not they should at least be able to contact Falcon. Hulk should be around somewhere. The government should know how to contact Ant-Man and Wasp. No idea if they have anyway to contact Strange.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

pik_d posted:

An Avenger got them into this mess!!

Who are the Avengers at this point? Of the original six, two are dead (for now, anyway). Cap is older than God. Hawkeye is retired. Thor is space touristing with the Guardians and Hulk seems at least semi=retired. Spider-Man never really joined. Falcon is presumably off doing whatever with the Winter Soldier. Ant-Man also never joined and is probably pretty busy putting his life back together. Captain Marvel never joined and has poo poo To Do in space. Black Panther never officially joined and is probably dead because Chadwick Boseman is dead. I guess there's War Machine and... I got nuthin' right now.

Meanwhile, in terms of the X-verse, how about if we get Professor Xavier, but he's played by Jonny Lee Miller from Elementary?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cattail Prophet posted:

There's also the consideration that anyone they could reasonably call would probably also immediately sniff out that they were up some bullshit with Vision's body.

Yeah, shady espionage agency probably isn't inviting Avengers in after what happened with the last shady espionage agency that did.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Given his probation officer is involved, I would certainly hope they know how to contact Ant Man.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

STAC Goat posted:

Engineers, Multiverse, X-Men, and Avengers?

Beast incoming. Would a Kelsey Grammer cameo meet the mystery guest criteria?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Is it possible Rhodey is the aerospace engineer? He went to the Air Force Academy and then met Tony at MIT.

If he isn't it and it's someone that's been in the MCU, I'd guess it's one of the Hulk, Justin Hammer, or Talos' daughter. Hammer and Talos' daughter could know Monica through her mom due to military connections. Hulk is less likely but he's the only other character I can think of that has a ton of degrees. Ideally, they'd be introducing us to MCU Reed here but I doubt it.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Spacebump posted:

I think a precedent was set when no one was called when the president was kidnapped off Air Force One to be executed on live TV.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its just a basic comic book problem of "why is this comic featuring a world endangering crisis and no other heroes are called?" But its a lot easier to dismiss in the MCU where there's only like maybe a dozen heroes theoretically available and its easy to assume they're busy or the shady government agency doesn't want to call them.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

STAC Goat posted:

Its just a basic comic book problem of "why is this comic featuring a world endangering crisis and no other heroes are called?" But its a lot easier to dismiss in the MCU where there's only like maybe a dozen heroes theoretically available and its easy to assume they're busy or the shady government agency doesn't want to call them.

Comics have all sorts of problems in that regard. Like my Beast comment. Half the time he's an X-Man and wanted as a mutant terrorist or something and the other half the time he's an Avenger and beloved

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Hope Van Dyne?

The X-man cometh fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 7, 2021

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Edmund Lava posted:

Given his probation officer is involved, I would certainly hope they know how to contact Ant Man.

It'd probably take him a little time, but Woo could probably figure out how to contact Scott. Of course Woo isn't really his probation officer because Scott's sentence ended. And also Scott was "dead" for five years.

Beyond that, once Woo explains the situation to Scott, Scott is likely to ask "Why do you think I can help you with that? I met the woman once two no, really, seven years ago. She probably wouldn't even remember me. And as far as I can tell, anything that goes into that field gets turned into something from the sitcom. So I'd lose my suit. And even if Wanda didn't notice me, turn me into an ant and then step on me, I'd end up brainwashed into being a new sitcom character. And I can't really risk being stuck in a magic sitcom. I have a real job that I need to keep to pay for my house and car. Maybe try that War Machine guy. He might be able to hook you up with that Captain Marvel lady. Figure that's what you're going to need for this."

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The ant suit dates back to ww2 or something doesn't it? It might actually pass muster in the hex

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Azhais posted:

The ant suit dates back to ww2 or something doesn't it? It might actually pass muster in the hex

The original suit tech is probably late-70s/early 80s. When Janet was lost it was in the mid-80s. That said, Hank Pym obsessively upgrades his suits and technology. Even beyond that, it isn't that the suit wouldn't fit the timeline, the suit wouldn't fit into a family sitcom of whatever time period.. It'd get turned into a motorcycle outfit or something and likely not retain the ability to suit and grow the user. This is especially true after SWORD sent a drone in to try to kill Wanda.

Notice that the field around the town turned reddish. Figure Wanda did something to make it impossible/harmful to try to enter from the outside..

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

OldSenileGuy posted:

That just leaves Hulk, who admittedly probably could be helpful and they probably should call him.

Too bad we already moved past the 1970s. I wanted Mark Ruffalo Hulk to enter the barrier and emerge on the other side as Lou Ferrigno Hulk.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Azhais posted:

Engineers, Multiverse, X-Men, and Avengers?

Beast incoming. Would a Kelsey Grammer cameo meet the mystery guest criteria?

X-men are still waiting for the “No, more mutants” line to all come crashing in (to the soundtrack of the 90s cartoon)

The aerospace engineer is going to be Reed Richards

Edit: that was intended to be a joke but googling that, people actually think that’ll be the case. . . Hmmm

Jagermonster fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 7, 2021

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dave Syndrome posted:

Too bad we already moved past the 1970s. I wanted Mark Ruffalo Hulk to enter the barrier and emerge on the other side as Lou Ferrigno Hulk.

The hulk series ended in 82, and two of his movies in the 80s and one in 1990, it could still work!

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I honestly thought Monica was just referring to herself when she said that, but I am happy to be wrong and it be some cool cameo.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Somehow get Leopold Fitz on as a tie-in/cameo. I don’t even know where he is in terms of timeline and universe but Ian De Caestecker is great and a minor tie-in for Agents of SHIELD would be cool.

This will never happen. :negative:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Also they should make a Hulk mini-series where he travels the country as Mark Ruffalo. I just made you billions more Mouse.

Also also, maybe SWORD hates SHEILD and the Avengers?

I was going to say based on timeline Spider-Man might be on the run from the law but we are only a few weeks after the blip so...who knows?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

PierreTheMime posted:

Somehow get Leopold Fitz on as a tie-in/cameo. I don’t even know where he is in terms of timeline and universe but Ian De Caestecker is great and a minor tie-in for Agents of SHIELD would be cool.

This will never happen. :negative:

There's ongoing rumors of Quake in the Secret Warriors show, so there's still hope we could see Iain some day if they bring anyone else over

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Iain De Caestecker is a very busy guy, so yeah unlikely as cool as it would be.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Azhais posted:

The hulk series ended in 82, and two of his movies in the 80s and one in 1990, it could still work!

Ironically the current Hulk comic series has introduced a concept where cosmic radiation is basically the 'holy' equivalent to Hulk's gamma being 'infernal'. (Basically in the comics, the gamma bomb ripped a portal to hell maybe) So the cosmic rays being put out by the hex might actually hurt Hulk. Also there's a nice subtle (so far) element to Monica presumably getting her powers from the same source as the Fantasic Four will.

STAC Goat posted:

I honestly thought Monica was just referring to herself when she said that, but I am happy to be wrong and it be some cool cameo.

It's worded weirdly if she means herself. It definitely reads as 'I can come up with the big picture, but I have a buddy who could do the nuts and bolts'. She was talking to Darcy about the theory, more like a physics problem than the actual practicality of building the thing.

Spacebump posted:

Everyone at the final battle is technically an Avenger by implication due to Cap saying Avengers Assemble when backup arrived. (If Tony can declare someone part of the team in the field, so can Cap.)

This is before Far From Home. Spidey is finishing the school year. Thor would be offworld, Nat would be dead. Cap is an old man. War Machine should be around and the US gov should know how to contact him. Hawkeye probably isn't on his adventure with Steinfeld yet. Winter Soldier and Cap might be starting their adventure already, if not they should at least be able to contact Falcon. Hulk should be around somewhere. The government should know how to contact Ant-Man and Wasp. No idea if they have anyway to contact Strange.

I assume Cap (I firmly believe that show's gonna be called Captain America and the Winter Soldier by the end of it's run) and Winter Soldier's status is something we're supposed to already know as WandaVision went into production assuming it was the 2nd or 3rd show in the pipeline. I imagine Rhodey is left out of briefings about this stuff because he'd object. The Pym family were on sketchy legal ground the last we saw of them, or they could be vacationing in the microverse for all we know. Strange is the big one, because he should probably be the first port of call, but I assume he's being saved for the finale.

Jagermonster posted:

X-men are still waiting for the “No, more mutants” line to all come crashing in (to the soundtrack of the 90s cartoon)

The aerospace engineer is going to be Reed Richards

Edit: that was intended to be a joke but googling that, people actually think that’ll be the case. . . Hmmm

I've seen some pitches for it being Sue Storm, it's been pretty common in updates to the FF to make her a colleague of Reed's instead of just his girlfriend. And Ben Grimm was originally an astronaut and I think is sometimes shown to have his own aerospace business, so it could be a way to introduce them, but I feel like casting would've leaked.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
there’s reportedly a FatWS spot airing during the Super Bowl tonight, hopefully mostly new footage

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

She's almost looking into the camera and smiling when she says it so it definitely seems like a tease.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

STAC Goat posted:

it didn't even strike me as a significant line, i had to go back when i checked this thread and saw some of the speculation

if Marvel had already cast Reed Richards on the show i'm dubious they'd have been able to keep it secret

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I dunno; Disney was able to keep Deepfake Mark Hamill under wraps for an entire year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Gonz posted:

I dunno; Disney was able to keep Deepfake Mark Hamill under wraps for an entire year.

I don't think anyone knew Simmons was going to be in Far From Home.