Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

KotH is less overseas than one thinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I feel like I've heard something like this before.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

LeeMajors posted:

I just want one easily accessible comprehensive WWI documentary like World at War.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUcyEsEjhPEDf69RRVhRh4A/videos

This is pretty good, and interesting throughout

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

i turned it off during the third quarter

getting that feeling already

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Spoeank posted:

Me not caring about WW2 with chicken wings

Someone edit in the Manas steak

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's already there

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Because she sees this thread....check out Braksgirl's homemade king cake.

Super Bowl Sunday is truly a second Thanksgiving.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Today I learned my dad knows the secret location of Kenny Stabler's grave, left unmarked so people don't leave miller lite or poo poo in the funeral home

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

sweet thursday posted:

I might post a Diarrhea Stories Megathread tomorrow in TFF

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I would like to talk about this recipe for jalapeno cheddar cornbread. I randomly stumbled on this, and it might be one of the most wonderful sites I've ever seen.
1. There's no loving bullshit story about the recipe. No vacation memories, no nostalgic trips to a kitchen from youth. Straight facts.
2. There's alterations to the core concept. Do you want muffins? Do you want to use a cast-iron skillet? That's covered.
3. It details the steps in a familiar Alton Brown style of wet-dry-mixins.
4. Do you just want the loving recipe? Click the 'jump to recipe' button.
5. Do you want to print the recipe? Not only is there a 'print the recipe' button that opens another page with just instructions, but you can toggle the picture on and off and adjust for how many servings you want which updates the ingredient measurements.

Oh, and the recipe loving bangs. I cut it in half, but will be running this back sometime this week.

edit:

Silly Burrito posted:

... trade?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Coco13 posted:

I would like to talk about this recipe for jalapeno cheddar cornbread. I randomly stumbled on this, and it might be one of the most wonderful sites I've ever seen.
1. There's no loving bullshit story about the recipe. No vacation memories, no nostalgic trips to a kitchen from youth. Straight facts.
2. There's alterations to the core concept. Do you want muffins? Do you want to use a cast-iron skillet? That's covered.
3. It details the steps in a familiar Alton Brown style of wet-dry-mixins.
4. Do you just want the loving recipe? Click the 'jump to recipe' button.
5. Do you want to print the recipe? Not only is there a 'print the recipe' button that opens another page with just instructions, but you can toggle the picture on and off and adjust for how many servings you want which updates the ingredient measurements.

Oh, and the recipe loving bangs. I cut it in half, but will be running this back sometime this week.

edit:

... trade?

No thanks, we may not have cornbread but we do have nacho bar so I'm good. :)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

sweet thursday posted:

I think u ovrrdid them lol

They're a little past medium rare imo

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I already replied in the Super Bowl food thread but Braksgirl, that king cake looks amazing. May your family run around a lot or do a nice fun activity to burn off all those delicious calories.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

That looks great!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Silly Burrito posted:

I miss Nola and Mardi Gras

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

That’s a good looking cake, and now you get to make another in two weeks for Mardi Gras.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Coco13 posted:

Dice some sausage into very fine cubes (Conecuh is the best, but whatever y'all have), along with some onions and poblanos. Sautee it until it's pretty done. Now make a fine layer of that mixture on the cast iron skillet.

NOW pour your cornbread mix in there. You're welcome.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Bird in a Blender posted:

That’s a good looking cake, and now you get to make another in two weeks for Mardi Gras.

lol no. Well....maybe. Mardi Gras overlaps with Valentine's Day and I have steaks to sous vide for that. I might also make a cheesecake. I don't think we need king cake and cheesecake.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Braksgirl posted:

lol no. Well....maybe. Mardi Gras overlaps with Valentine's Day and I have steaks to sous vide for that. I might also make a cheesecake. I don't think we need king cake and cheesecake.

Do it

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Braksgirl posted:

King Cheesecake. Brb gonna go pitch a new Batman villain.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

swickles posted:

I have seen gimmicky cheesecakes with a Mardi Gras twist. I don't like to cross the streams though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Never had king cake. Might have to find a recipe and have a go one day.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

BlindSite posted:

Its real good.

I lived with a guy from Nola in college and he made one once

Edit:

Let us know who gets the baby!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

swickles posted:

Good nees guys, DC said yes, Snyder is starting development on it right now. See it on HBOMax in 2023! (Snyder cut in 2025).

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
I just remembered HBO spent 70 mil for the Snyder cut of the already poo poo justice league and that screenshot of steppenwolf and laughed again.

God all the dc movies suck so much

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

BlindSite posted:

If you've baked with yeast before, you're most of the way there. The rest is just a different form and a different frosting.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My wife and I will not starve

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Not sure I’m going to watch this game at all.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Its real good.

I lived with a guy from Nola in college and he made one once

Edit:

Let us know who gets the baby!

The baby fell out when I was slicing it up. I usually end up getting the baby anyway so no big surprise there.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Braksgirl posted:

The baby fell out when I was slicing it up. I usually end up getting the baby anyway so no big surprise there.

This is alarming!

What is the baby?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Its Rinaldo posted:

This is alarming!

What is the baby?

They put a toy baby in King Cake

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

you put a rock in the king cake. the winner doesn't break their teeth

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Its Rinaldo posted:

This is alarming!

What is the baby?

They put a plastic baby in the cake and whoever gets the slice with the baby in it is supposed to buy/make the cake the next year

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Stay away from Guns of August and John Keegan.

Any particular reason?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Intruder posted:

They put a plastic baby in the cake and whoever gets the slice with the baby in it is supposed to buy/make the cake the next year

Yeah before you ask the most obvious question, the baby is put on the tray next to it in store-bought cakes so you're liable if you put it in there and your friend chokes and dies

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Intruder posted:

I thought it was just the middle of the cake what the gently caress?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Samadhi posted:

Any particular reason?

Guns of August was from like 1960 and one of the first real narrative accounts of World War I. JFK liked it and IIRC recommended it to a lot of people. A lot of more recent work has identified or corrected errors within it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GD_American posted:

Yeah before you ask the most obvious question, the baby is put on the tray next to it in store-bought cakes so you're liable if you put it in there and your friend chokes and dies

It USED to be baked in those too until some dumbasses complained.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Its Rinaldo posted:

I thought it was just the middle of the cake what the gently caress?

Nope it's hidden inside usually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH