Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Carlito, Jinder, and Christian are at the Rumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Davros1 posted:

Carlito, Jinder, and Christian are at the Rumble.

New Legacy Inc predicted Carlito last night, and he will eliminate Daniel Bryan.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

New Legacy Inc predicted Carlito last night, and he will eliminate Daniel Bryan.

Now that's cool

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
What’s the mania card going to be?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

mkay0 posted:

Long and bad.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

mkay0 posted:

disappointing and uneventful

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

mkay0 posted:

A really boring Botchamania episode?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
From the Observer

quote:

The win puts both in key WrestleMania matches. At press time, while not announced, one of the WrestleMania main events will be Edge challenging Roman Reigns for the Universal title. Edge winning was for the storyline that Edge retired as champion and now that he’s come back, is looking to regain the title as the culmination of his return. Right now there is no plan regarding who wins this match.

Belair’s opponent was not 100 percent locked in at least as of her Rumble win.

Damien Priest was the only NXT performer in the men’s match. He debuted on the Raw side the next night. It appears Priest is set for a big showcase as Bad Bunny’s partner at WrestleMania in a tag match against John Morrison & The Miz. That match isn’t confirmed at this point, but it looks likely since Bunny is scheduled to wrestle on the show and this seemed to be the angle set up. And it makes sense since Miz & Morrison are the comedic foil heels who always lose, so a celebrity beating them doesn’t hurt. The idea is Priest will get the rub in the Latino community in particular of being Bunny’s tag team partner.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who is damien priest?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Punishment Martinez

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Cavauro posted:

who is damien priest?

this is my favorite post you've ever made

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm surprised they debuted someone from NXT with an actual plan in mind for them.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

celebrity participation & matches have a long and storied wrestlemania history, i can't really begrudge them for that one.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Them having Bianca win and yet having no idea who she's challenging is so WWE it hurts.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm surprised they debuted someone from NXT with an actual plan in mind for them.

Well, the original plan was for Priest to be Kevin Owens' friend, but Owens pointed that he has never interacted with Priest at all. So I guess Bad Bunny is Priest's new friend.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TheKingslayer posted:

Them having Bianca win and yet having no idea who she's challenging is so WWE it hurts.
Asuka and Nakamura won the Rumble and they had no idea what to do with either.

They're aware of fan backlash but have never had plans on how to use any fan favorite.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's just like how they keep giving the Money In the Bank case to people they have absolutely no plans for.

I think it was the last time Sheamus had it that they regretted him winning the very next night.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TheKingslayer posted:

It's just like how they keep giving the Money In the Bank case to people they have absolutely no plans for.

I think it was the last time Sheamus had it that they regretted him winning the very next night.
I'd rather see 100% unfiltered Vince during the COVID era, he's got nothing to lose. At least it'd be better than the random start/stop/erasure of stories we've been getting

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

RealFoxy posted:

Asuka and Nakamura won the Rumble and they had no idea what to do with either.

Sorry to "well actually" you but Nakamura literally called out AJ right after he won the Rumble. Charlotte was at ringside for the main event, went in the ring to confront Asuka afterwards, and then Ronda came out to steal the headlines.

And then neither match actually main-evented Mania and they both lost so, you know, great rub for everybody.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Benne posted:

Sorry to "well actually" you but Nakamura literally called out AJ right after he won the Rumble. Charlotte was at ringside for the main event, went in the ring to confront Asuka afterwards, and then Ronda came out to steal the headlines.

And then neither match actually main-evented Mania and they both lost so, you know, great rub for everybody.
I know it'd been a while before 2018 that winning the Royal Rumble didn't guarantee the main event of wrestlemania but even if there were "plans" that year for their matches against AJ and Flair were never going to be close to the main event, it was a "Throw the fans a bone" because Vince was still determined to run Lesner/Reigns

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

You have to make a legitimate effort to book Nakamura and Styles at Wrestlemania and have it be aggressively average.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

You have to make a legitimate effort to book Nakamura and Styles at Wrestlemania and have it be aggressively average.

They were given the time, they put together a genuinely bad match.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Beat Nakamura clean with the Styles Clash, a finisher theretofore reserved for beating, like, James Ellsworth

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Styles/Nakamura feud would’ve won the Gooker Award had WWE not gone to Saudi Arabia, I’m certain of it.

bartok
May 10, 2006

TheKingslayer posted:

I was at that show and my initial reaction was being happy that Roman didn't win than immediately wondering why the hell they had Sheamus win it. In hindsight Roman or Orton should have won or literally anyone else in that match except Kane and that includes 2015 Ziggler, Kofi, and PAC.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Procrastinator posted:

celebrity participation & matches have a long and storied wrestlemania history, i can't really begrudge them for that one.

A celebrity match in isolation is fine, yes. I'm baffled at the fact, though, that they have Rey Mysterio and son on their regular roster and keep making them look like idiots, but this one-off celebrity match is going to be what brings Latino viewers to WWE.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

I remember it feeling like they stopped at about the point where I was expecting them to kick into high gear and go another 8-12 minutes. It was like running Omega/Okada and just randomly ringing the bell at the 13 minute mark without telling either guy to go home.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

And it's not like it is surprising for Nakamura to have an average match these days and AJ has been far from a guarantee too!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the first styles nakamura match wasnt all that great to begin with :ssh:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Nipponophile posted:

A celebrity match in isolation is fine, yes. I'm baffled at the fact, though, that they have Rey Mysterio and son on their regular roster and keep making them look like idiots, but this one-off celebrity match is going to be what brings Latino viewers to WWE.

Bad Bunny’s popularity in south america and amongst the youth is monumentally more so than Rey Mysterio. People know who Rey Mysterio is but that doesn’t mean they will watch, the same way everyone knows Hogan but only a small portion of those who recognize him watch wrestling. His wrestling clips are pulling like 30 million views on instagram it’s nuts. This was the rare case of WWE not being 10 years behind culture, but quite frankly I doubt they had anything to do with it, it was Bad Bunny’s homage to Booker T that started the whole thing in the first place. I am shocked they actually capitalized though.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Nakamura had finished his "good at wrestling" phase and is now treating the shows as house shows. Its just House Show Nakamura from now on.

People just say it's particularly bad because they were not expecting House Show Nakamura at Mania.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Eat My Fuc posted:

Bad Bunny’s popularity in south america and amongst the youth is monumentally more so than Rey Mysterio. People know who Rey Mysterio is but that doesn’t mean they will watch, the same way everyone knows Hogan but only a small portion of those who recognize him watch wrestling. His wrestling clips are pulling like 30 million views on instagram it’s nuts. This was the rare case of WWE not being 10 years behind culture, but quite frankly I doubt they had anything to do with it, it was Bad Bunny’s homage to Booker T that started the whole thing in the first place. I am shocked they actually capitalized though.

I was in the DR for work the summer before last and all I really watched on TV was the music channel and this dude had at least 8-10 videos in the rotation, either his or a collab with someone else.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Senerio posted:

Nakamura had finished his "good at wrestling" phase and is now treating the shows as house shows. Its just House Show Nakamura from now on.

People just say it's particularly bad because they were not expecting House Show Nakamura at Mania.

I promise you he'd have put more effort in had he been booked to go over.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Gaz-L posted:

I promise you he'd have put more effort in had he been booked to go over.

Ok

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Eat My Fuc posted:

Honestly surprised it took WWE this long since Bad Bunny has worked with Undertaker and Stone Cold on other promotional material.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Yeah, everything seems to point to Bunny reaching out and WWE being smart enough to take advantage.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

Sure, but my point is that he's going to do the match and be gone. Any eyes drawn to the product are going to go with him. Meanwhile, they've got at least half a dozen world-class Latino wrestlers who are there week in and week out that they're doing nothing with.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Nipponophile posted:

Sure, but my point is that he's going to do the match and be gone. Any eyes drawn to the product are going to go with him. Meanwhile, they've got at least half a dozen world-class Latino wrestlers who are there week in and week out that they're doing nothing with.

Don't worry they are going to manage to get nothing out of Bad Bunny.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Nipponophile posted:

it'll pop some mainstream eyes, who then see the rest of WrestleMania and return back to what they were doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

When it's down right it can be a huge boost to the product - See Tyson/Austin and Mr.T at Mania 1

WWE will not be able to do it right