Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

:harambe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Is this the prequel to that "He's got a gun!" meme, and then he gets put down? :ohdear:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

drat...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Siri play Unravel

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I can't believe Ishida Sui killed the :harambe: meme

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

RIP, to those who died.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
superb owl getting heated?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's what happens when you count out Touchdown Tom.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ibram Gaunt posted:

RIP, to those who died.
But what about...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2xbPX7ml1c

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Tom Brady is the worst anime villain of all time

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

31-9? More like Stompin' Tom Brady :canada:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Didn't he commit football crimes?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Bloody non-New Englanders.

(Oh jesus I was too entranced watching a god-tier LP of Yakuza 0 to notice that a Superbowl was happening)

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i watched anime but i had the american sensibility to at least grab a beer and wings

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Grouchio posted:

Bloody non-New Englanders.

(Oh jesus I was too entranced watching a god-tier LP of Yakuza 0 to notice that a Superbowl was happening)

Just imagine Kiryu straight up killing a dude with an environmental/object finisher. That was the Superbowl.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://clips.twitch.tv/ThirstyIncredulousBaboonTebowing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/LossThief/status/1358552826625085440?s=20

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I never would have counted out touchdown tom

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Coaaab posted:

It's cause the original scanlator took all his work down after arguing with mangadex staff (not on scraper sites, though), so the new scanlator's starting from scratch
well, don't really have to worry about that poo poo anymore, I guess
https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1358539300716113920

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Still playing Three Houses, and I've only had Flayn in my class for a week but if anything bad happens to her I will kill everyone in Fodlan.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Still playing Three Houses, and I've only had Flayn in my class for a week but if anything bad happens to her I will kill everyone in Fodlan.

What house did you choose?

chumbler posted:

Didn't he commit football crimes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MusyO7J2inM

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That's the general Flayn experience, yes.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Coaaab posted:

well, don't really have to worry about that poo poo anymore, I guess
https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1358539300716113920

Hooray, print volumes! Gotta wait until August but that's cool. I really like all of the characters in Skip to Loafer, which I now realize was not a 100% English title.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
That one seems to be a whole can of worms:
https://twitter.com/LossThief/status/1358555711152783363
Shittily animated CGI worms.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Carpator Diei posted:

That one seems to be a whole can of worms:
https://twitter.com/LossThief/status/1358555711152783363
Shittily animated CGI worms.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r-EI-2TFGo

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
This is gonna sound like a silly question, but is it all right to not like how an anime/manga ends, even if it's perfectly all right and everyone else was satisfied how it ended?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yes.

e: to be more specific, a good ending can really elevate the entire work and put a nice bow on the themes and character arcs. If that doesn't happen it can all just feel kind of perfunctory and lacking. It's perfectly reasonable to be disappointed in that.

Arist fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 8, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Willo567 posted:

This is gonna sound like a silly question, but is it all right to not like how an anime/manga ends, even if it's perfectly all right and everyone else was satisfied how it ended?

Sure, though out of curiosity what show(s) are you referring to here?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

You are in fact allowed to like or not like things

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

actually, not liking things is against the law now

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Larryb posted:

Sure, though out of curiosity what show(s) are you referring to here?

well, it's not out yet, but i'm afraid that zombie land saga revenge is going to end with the girls passing on to the afterlife. i would prefer if they just got outed as zombies, and people kept supporting them anyways instead.

i guess i'm saying this is because the show is about the girls wanting to live, even if they're dead, and i'm afraid that pulling an Angel Beats would kind of defeat that message. also, i just really like the girls, and don't want to see them separated

it's reminds me of when gurren lagann ended with nia disappearing forever, despite the show promoting the idea of nothing is impossible and to kick fate in the teeth.

i would also like to apologize for my recent zls obsession. i'll try to cool it down

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 8, 2021

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

seems excessive to worry about how to react to a hypothetical ending of a show that hasn't aired yet. also the first season was so popular that i really doubt they'll write a hard ending into season 2 rather than angle to keep it going

i do agree with you on that aspect of gurren lagann though, it's the precursor to the whole Trigger Ending thing

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

AlternateNu posted:

What house did you choose?

Fear the Deer.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i finished watching adachi & shimamura. grats to hino and nagafuji for realizing three episodes from the end that they want to make out with each other in hino's huge bath

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Willo567 posted:

well, it's not out yet, but i'm afraid that zombie land saga revenge is going to end with the girls passing on to the afterlife. i would prefer if they just got outed as zombies, and people kept supporting them anyways instead.

i guess i'm saying this is because the show is about the girls wanting to live, even if they're dead, and i'm afraid that pulling an Angel Beats would kind of defeat that message. also, i just really like the girls, and don't want to see them separated

it's reminds me of when gurren lagann ended with nia disappearing forever, despite the show promoting the idea of nothing is impossible and to kick fate in the teeth.

i would also like to apologize for my recent zls obsession. i'll try to cool it down

I think it's a bit weird to worry about it prematurely, before there is any evidence of how it'll end, but yeah there's nothing wrong with having an unpopular opinion about and ending.

For example (and I swear to god I started writing this post before you added in your example), most people hate the way the last episode of Gurren Lagann ends, in part because it seems at odds with one of the core themes of the show, but for me Simon moving on and leaving the drill behind works perfectly with the narrative of evolution that's presented, and specifically He does not repeat the mistake of the anti-spiral, who was afraid of both evolution and how it will eventually result in something stronger, potentially more tyrannical, than him. If Simon was afraid to allow things to naturally play out, and to move on, he would potentially become just like the anti-spiral, an all powerful being that eventually reaches a limit and stagnates, and then rules tyrannically through his own strength. We also see through Viral and Kamina and the like that it's not just about genetic evolution pushing us forward, but the spiritual evolution of putting a bit of ourselves into others.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The Colonel posted:

i finished watching adachi & shimamura. grats to hino and nagafuji for realizing three episodes from the end that they want to make out with each other in hino's huge bath

:hai:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

yeah, worrying about how the show ends now before it even airs was a bit much. i don't know, i just love the characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The end of Gurren Lagann is largely fine, but it rings kind of hollow when ten minutes earlier they're using galaxies as throwing stars and now they're all "you can't use willpower to do whatever you want." But the bigger problem IMO is that Nia's death absolutely should not have been a twist. They should have known she would die going into the final battle, which would have had a much stronger emotional impact than springing on the audience.