Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

...and then everyone clapped! Except they didn’t, because I’m an obnoxious rear end in a top hat.

But enough about me etc

I do the same thing with YG and Nipseys 2016 banger "FDT."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

EL BROMANCE posted:

We’re an east coast US sports team and the game ended 9:47pm, for context.

Just a simple bit of idiocy, but one that amused me at least. Of course he then doubled down and was all ‘hurr who cares like why would I need to know how timezones work’ while in a conversation where knowing how timezones worked would be useful.

Rod correctly believes that South America is east of Florida. He just misunderstands by how much.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

you don't shred the chicken in those soups, since you're boiling them with the soup and herbs, at least not with the that specific soup recipe. it can be served with the herbs/veggies or strained and served with just the broth and meat since some people prefer drinking the broth without bits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNx4TCBXKlU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_6I6L34498

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWZTAMXgVUk

idk why people get so weird about asian food and insist that it's not looking "right" even itt. andrew yang says dumb things, but his chicken soup isn't one of them for once.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Elviscat posted:

I'm assuming (hoping) the veggies are at the bottom of the bowl, and he just didn't do a good job shredding the chicken.

Chicken soup in China/HK/Taiwan will normally just be the broth which is made with bones/veggies/herbs/etc, but skimmed like billion times during the cooking process then strained and served with big hunks of chicken, often a whole leg or something if you're getting fancy. Maybe you'll get a couple pieces of turnips at some places, but generally it'll be exactly like that picture. The broth is generally good.

Amazingly soup can come in many forms!

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
This is just an extension of the 'is [x] a sandwich' discourse! Now we're questioning "is flavoured water with piece of meat a soup?".

I predict next discourse is "pouring milk into a bowl of cereal is cooking".

edit: vv is poop soup?

toanoradian has a new favorite as of 08:23 on Feb 8, 2021

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Soup is a funny word.

Because it rhymes with poop.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Splash Attack posted:

i looked at the struggle tweets account and i'm just ??? at this one

https://twitter.com/Struggle_Tweet/status/1357478607807909889?s=20

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Yang’s soup looks like poo poo

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Splash Attack posted:

idk why people get so weird about asian food and insist that it's not looking "right" even itt.

The answer is racism.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Many of us white people haven't tasted broth that didn't come from a container, and can't make meat taste like anything without extra sweet BBQ sauce.

It's simple ignorance to initially not think it looks good, just say "oh thanks for telling me" when corrected. Taking a stance that it's bad because it's not Meemaw's chicken noodle you have to add crackers and a spoonful of black pepper to actually taste is where racism edges in imo.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

All these different ways of spicing up bread 🍞 did anyone have coffee ☕️ soup??? I can remember when I was little I'm 82 my mom would take a slice of bread 🍞 put it in a bowl 🍚 sprinkle sugar over it and pour a little coffee ☕️ (this was before they realized coffee ☕️ was not good for kids) and milk over the bread lol 😂 more milk than coffee ☕️

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

GrandpaPants posted:

The answer is racism.

it's a chicken soup without vegetables, nothing racist about hating that

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
When I make cawl I'm loading it up with veg and cutting the meat/chicken first. Asian cooking is simply wrong is they're dropping half a chicken breast in a bowl of broth. No wonder Korea lost the hyperwar.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Andrew Yangs terrible chicken soup looks like poo poo. This is my hill

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Biplane posted:

It's easier to store it in a bowl.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Biplane posted:

hi mrs. clinton

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Arivia posted:

hi mrs. clinton

:lol: drat

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Many of us white people haven't tasted broth that didn't come from a container, and can't make meat taste like anything without extra sweet BBQ sauce.

It's simple ignorance to initially not think it looks good, just say "oh thanks for telling me" when corrected. Taking a stance that it's bad because it's not Meemaw's chicken noodle you have to add crackers and a spoonful of black pepper to actually taste is where racism edges in imo.

Thanks fot telling me it’s supposed to look bad

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/mustachetoilet/status/1358249602428719104?s=20
https://twitter.com/stubwonder/status/1358251486485090305

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.

I mean it's not so much "destroying" a guitar as "ineffectually bonking a guitar on a monitor" lol. Hell if it's a solid body it's probably fine. Ish.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

he could've at least nudged the hunk of chicken off the side of the bowl and back into the water before taking the picture

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

...how could you be against age of consent laws? Is this like a libertarian thing?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

toanoradian posted:

...how could you be against age of consent laws? Is this like a libertarian thing?

https://twitter.com/biboofficial/status/1354252467198976002

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Lanky_Nibz posted:

I mean it's not so much "destroying" a guitar as "ineffectually bonking a guitar on a monitor" lol. Hell if it's a solid body it's probably fine. Ish.

It's a Dano and almost certainly made of composite. It's defintely fine, I've smashed mine up worse than that and it's still doing just fine 20+ years later. I watched the whole performance and I'm pretty sure there are some pyrotechnics in the "monitor" that go off too.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
OP of soup chat is british, it’s no surprise that the lack of any bland godawful boiled vegetables and plundered spices from South Asia triggers them

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

https://twitter.com/AlexStoklasa/status/1354252745944027143

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Why are people being so goddamn weird about that soup? Literally if you Google "authentic chinese chicken soup" you see a bunch of photos that are really similar. If it looks weird to you, that's on you.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I dunno, why does everyone keep saying calling a soup ugly is racist / imperialist? Get a fuckin life, have some coffee, shake loose your case of the whiney Mondays

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/Slate/status/1358734165252976641

Why, yes! A completely novel story that doesn't run every couple of months in the popular press!

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's a Dano and almost certainly made of composite. It's defintely fine, I've smashed mine up worse than that and it's still doing just fine 20+ years later. I watched the whole performance and I'm pretty sure there are some pyrotechnics in the "monitor" that go off too.

Bahaha that's great. As much I'd like to dismiss the spectacle as "silly" out of hand, Keith Moon did blow himself/his drumset up that one time. Same difference right?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I'm not racist but.....

the chicken soup looks stupid

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I'm not racist but.....

the chicken soup looks stupid

How do you feel about MSG?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

OP of soup chat is british, it’s no surprise that the lack of any bland godawful boiled vegetables and plundered spices from South Asia triggers them

Me, a fool: vegetables are good.
You, an intellectual: bOilEd cHIcKen iN wAteR

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

xtal posted:

How do you feel about MSG?

Its a storied and historic venue.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
All soup looks unappealing

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Cocaine Bear posted:

lol, the accomplishment I'm most proud of personally working to accomplish myself was being born a place. hahahhahah what a loving loser.

That's why the word "heritage" is a huge dog whistle. Heritage is what you inherit, by very definition it's something you neither earn nor deserve. Like skin color, it's something predetermined that is handed down at birth so that it's impossible to gently caress up.

It's one of those big red flags like "liberty", "values", "wisdom", and "truth", that appear in a name to indicate something is pretty much the opposite of what that word is supposed to evoke.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

It's not a photogenic soup, but soup rarely is.

I am a soup lover, I have made many soups from various degrees of scratch, most of them were hideous but tasty.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

goldenninjawarrior posted:

All soup looks unappealing

https://twitter.com/occultalia/status/1144384555127754752?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
If I'm at a honky restaurant with chicken soup, I'll usually order the borscht but chicken soup will do and when I get it, that is very much how it looks.