Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

sebzilla posted:

I could probably name a higher percentage of Lib Dem MPs than Labour MPs.

By naming four people.
Ed Davey Balls
Caitlin Moran
Gaye Frogman
Someone From Shetland

e: C-41 process is the most common developing process for 35mm colour negative film, but suffers from long term instability issues.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Feb 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

^^ efb :argh:

sebzilla posted:

I could probably name a higher percentage of Lib Dem MPs than Labour MPs.

By naming four people.

"the current leader. You know, that guy."
"that one who seems OK, maybe?"
"that one who hates gay frogs, you know who I mean, looks constipated all the time"
"the one who - no wait they're no longer an mp"
"er..."

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

What's a "Lib Dem"? Are you guys speaking in code or something?!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Niric posted:

^^ efb :argh:

"the current leader. You know, that guy."
"that one who seems OK, maybe?"
"that one who hates gay frogs, you know who I mean, looks constipated all the time"
"the one who - no wait they're no longer an mp"
"er..."

You might have an advantage on naming at least one Lib Dem MSP, at least

though I sure as hell can't remember a drat thing he's actually done beyond some stuff about how to depict Shetland on maps

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Can't be worse than

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Angepain posted:

though I sure as hell can't remember a drat thing he's actually done beyond some stuff about how to depict Shetland on maps

How could you forget the headline Willie Rennie caught off guard by amorous pigs?

https://twitter.com/BBCPhilipSim/status/718400480548941825?s=19

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Yes, right-wing extremists make up almost a fifth of terrorists in jail but did you know that the left wing is getting a bit antisocial???

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1358573504275378178?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

sinky posted:

Yes, right-wing extremists make up almost a fifth of terrorists in jail but did you know that the left wing is getting a bit antisocial???

It's noted sex pest John woodcock leading it

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

sinky posted:

How the hell are they defining right-wing here? Or terrorism for that matter? I imagine a lot more than 1 in 5 terrorists have right wing ideologies, unless Bader-Meinhoff has gone through a huge revival or something

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

sinky posted:

I've got no problem with the right wing and the left wing both being investigated as long as the conclusions are honestly reported. Then nobody can say it was a partisan project.

(Yes, I am aware that the conclusions will be reported as "there are a few bad apples on the right, yes, but the toxic legacy of Jeremy Corbyn continues to taint the fascist left".)

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Guavanaut posted:

Can't be worse than

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
These enormous islands will devour us all

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Reminds me that the biggest island in the Orkneys is called "Mainland", the cheeky bastards.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Jedit posted:

I've got no problem with the right wing and the left wing both being investigated as long as the conclusions are honestly reported. Then nobody can say it was a partisan project.

(Yes, I am aware that the conclusions will be reported as "there are a few bad apples on the right, yes, but the toxic legacy of Jeremy Corbyn continues to taint the fascist left".)

Things this report will conclude are of equal terrifying gravitas:
  • The actual, literal murder of an MP
  • An actual, literal murderer saying that his original plan was to kill Jeremy Corbyn
  • Calling Luke Akehurst a var of piss on twitter

Failed Imagineer posted:

These enormous islands will devour us all

Clearly distracting them with ham did not work

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Angepain posted:

Ah, the Shetlands.

That's where just about everyone in the UK thought the Falkland Islands were next to back in 1982, and couldn't for the life of us figure out why the Argentinians thought they had any claim to them!

I was 22 and we had a big black & white tv and the Man from the Ministry (Ian McDonald) used to appear on the news every night giving us updates. Not sure how long it was before we noticed the Falklands were down the bottom of the world under South America and started wondering why the Brits thought we had a claim to them! And funnily enough, despite the fascist military junta ruling in Argentina at the time, all us lefties were under orders (haha!) to refer to them as The Malvinas instead of The Falklands.

Calm, sober reporting from Ian McDonald:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOv4s30R40U

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Feb 8, 2021

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

And funnily enough, despite the fascist military junta ruling in Argentina at the time, all us lefties were under orders (haha!) to refer to them as The Malvinas instead of The Falklands.
Y Wladfa yn perthyn i Cymru.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

https://twitter.com/R1chardOwen/status/1358732684563001345?s=19

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

How the hell are they defining right-wing here? Or terrorism for that matter? I imagine a lot more than 1 in 5 terrorists have right wing ideologies, unless Bader-Meinhoff has gone through a huge revival or something

The statistics are derived from this report which is based on what they are in prison for - 'terrorism-related offences'. The breakdown is 76% Islamic extremists, 19% far-right and 6% "other".

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Can't be worse than

Would love to this see this awful abomination of a walking corpse torn down with the proud, rigid and strongly erect,and throbbing flags of scotland, Wales, United Ireland, Northumbria, the people's Republic of greater Manchester, the city state of London, the country of wessex and cornwall and the archbisphoric of salsbury standing in its place

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

oxford_town posted:

The statistics are derived from this report which is based on what they are in prison for - 'terrorism-related offences'. The breakdown is 76% Islamic extremists, 19% far-right and 6% "other".

So that's 94% of terrorists committed to some variation of "establishing theocratic ethnostates where deviation from orthodoxy is punishable by death", and 6% other . :thunk:

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Failed Imagineer posted:

So that's 94% of terrorists committed to some variation of "establishing theocratic ethnostates where deviation from orthodoxy is punishable by death", and 6% other . :thunk:

Still it's important to shag those flags everyone.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Some of the other 6% might want that too, they just use different flags.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

namesake posted:

Still it's important to shag those flags everyone.

Will there be sponge covered holes in the flegs to help facilitate this or will they just be plain wooden holes

I'm presuming only a true patriot is willing to risk splintering their dickhole

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

seems its not just QCs with brainworms its the entire legal profession

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1358458213042118662?s=20

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Niric posted:

Things this report will conclude are of equal terrifying gravitas:
  • The actual, literal murder of an MP
  • An actual, literal murderer saying that his original plan was to kill Jeremy Corbyn
  • Calling Luke Akehurst a var of piss on twitter

Clearly distracting them with ham did not work

I'd be surprised if it even mentioned the Corbyn thing

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Eh, I'd be kind of hesitant about conflating the causes and ideologies of Islamist and white fascist terrorists overmuch. The anger and resentment of the underclass and the anger and resentment of the middle class are a bit different - remember that fascism is usually defence of privilege under threat, which is why the 'white working class' approach to it is so bloody useless.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
There's a huge streak of bourgeois entitled failsons stoking the anger of embittered manchildren who believe they're destined for greatness among religious terrorism too.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Guavanaut posted:

There's a huge streak of bourgeois entitled failsons stoking the anger of embittered manchildren who believe they're destined for greatness among religious terrorism too.

Yeah, there really isn't that much daylight. Afaik islamist terrorists aren't any more working class than fascist ones

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Most of the 6% will also be some form of ethnonationalist (if only insofar as wanting colonisers to gently caress off out of their nation & stop subjugating their ethnicities)

Daesh are definitely fascists though. There are big differences with white nationalists, but there's actually a lot of common threads linking all ethnonationalist paramilitary groups, including the good kind, e.g. wrt propaganda, cultural narratives, recruitment &c. It's wrong to say that they don't bear comparison, or that comparisons aren't useful, because the commonalities are actually very significant in understanding how any particular group operates.

(I'm not an expert but my partner is, & I understand some of what she talks about)

Borrovan fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Feb 8, 2021

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Chaser:

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1358755647790153728

I think that's every polling company with a Tory lead of several points now.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/Johntheduncan/status/1358762622309531650?s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

sebzilla posted:

Chaser:

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1358755647790153728

I think that's every polling company with a Tory lead of several points now.

Growing number of people willing to vote to be REFUKed

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I was 22 and we had a big black & white tv and the Man from the Ministry (Ian McDonald) used to appear on the news every night giving us updates. Not sure how long it was before we noticed the Falklands were down the bottom of the world under South America and started wondering why the Brits thought we had a claim to them! And funnily enough, despite the fascist military junta ruling in Argentina at the time, all us lefties were under orders (haha!) to refer to them as The Malvinas instead of The Falklands.

Argentina deserves a award for coming up with a scenario where the British Empire were the good guys in terms of holding on to a faraway territory.
The effort that takes is breathtaking.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
fuckin freezing. snowing, not sticking mind.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/STVNews/status/1358749101249200128?s=19

RIP Podcasting is Praxis account.

stev fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 8, 2021

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lèse-majesté but only for Are Poppy Boys

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol the tweet is allegedly offensive. you can only take umbrage at it once a judge says so

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Grape posted:

Argentina deserves a award for coming up with a scenario where the British Empire were the good guys in terms of holding on to a faraway territory.
The effort that takes is breathtaking.

One of the ironies of The Falklands War is Great Britain was the first country to recognise Argentine independence.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lol the tweet is allegedly offensive. you can only take umbrage at it once a judge says so
Offensive to whom is what I want to know. The man's dead ffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Offensive is a tricky one. One the hand I want freedom for Frankie Boyle to say whatever he wants, but I'm equally committed to preventing Ricky Gervais from saying anything ever