Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the Ace of Choco Pro?
Akki
Mei-chan
Sakura-san
Anton
Chris Brookes until literally anyone on this show beats him
Yunamon
View Results

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

All of this is tempting, to be honest

https://twitter.com/gatohmove/status/1352646527852810242?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Sorry to ask, but does anyone remember which chocopros encompassed the Lulupencil/Chris Brookes storyline with her hat?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

TV Zombie posted:

Sorry to ask, but does anyone remember which chocopros encompassed the Lulupencil/Chris Brookes storyline with her hat?

Start of it is at

44: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DNFY8Nua7g

and runs off and on until

63: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dVBJmHRJPE

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Her submissions were awesome and her smack of Emi was really amazing.

A farewell to Mitsuru Konno.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCWezpfAosY

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

That’s a great video. Mitsuru was definitely my favorite when i started watching chocopro, she brought the edge in the matches that made it clear it was more than just a comedy wrestling show.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Watching Mitsuru’s graduation show now and i’m already on the floor laughing about honda’s team entrance.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

that main event was loving great

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I think this might interest people that post in this thread so I thought I’d share it.

https://youtu.be/oDextWN6VX4

Sendai Girls have been uploading a load of random older matches for the last week (right when Meiko was announced as being signed for WWE) including this one where Mei teams with Meiko against Team 200KGs (Sendai Girls ace Chihiro Hashimoto and freelancer and former TJPW wrestler Yuu; named because of their collective desire to bulk up to a combined weight of 200kgs) which never aired anywhere before. It’s not outstanding but it’s fun: what you’d expect from a house show main event. Good example of how she works in a more traditional promotion: there was a match in 2019 where MeikoMei faced Sareee and Yuu that’s very good if you can find that.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It's a shame Mei Suruga never got brought back in TJPW, she was so good in her one match and seeing her regularly in a promotion like TJPW would have done great things for her profile.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

karmicknight posted:

It's a shame Mei Suruga never got brought back in TJPW, she was so good in her one match and seeing her regularly in a promotion like TJPW would have done great things for her profile.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

karmicknight posted:

That's what you get for trying to run side-hustles.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Mei Suruga vs Gabai Ji-Chan is the hardest I've laughed in quite some time. If anyone is aware of any other great grandpa matches, I would love to see them.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

Mei Suruga vs Gabai Ji-Chan is the hardest I've laughed in quite some time. If anyone is aware of any other great grandpa matches, I would love to see them.

All I could think when I watched that match is “God I love wrestling”

So many good little character moments in that match and the janken tournament.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

That janken tournament was sweet for the end result.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

From OZ Academy's April 2019 Korakuen Hall show if you can track it down, Sakura Hirota & Command Bolshoi vs Gabai Ji-chan & Aja Kong. Aja joins in on his shtick and it's really good seeing goofy Aja.

This show was like the day after Shida got announced for AEW and she dropped the title to Ozaki in the main event and after the match Ozaki cut this really snide "enjoy America" promo and Shida got mad and threw her kendo stick and it almost hit me in the face.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Just caught up on Choco #88 and I'm pretty hype for the special guest ref announced for #89

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

From OZ Academy's April 2019 Korakuen Hall show if you can track it down, Sakura Hirota & Command Bolshoi vs Gabai Ji-chan & Aja Kong. Aja joins in on his shtick and it's really good seeing goofy Aja.

This show was like the day after Shida got announced for AEW and she dropped the title to Ozaki in the main event and after the match Ozaki cut this really snide "enjoy America" promo and Shida got mad and threw her kendo stick and it almost hit me in the face.

Thanks, I could only find this:
http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=14069

$2.99 for that card doesn't sound bad at all. Anyone have any experience with them? I can't tell if I'll be ordering a dvd or if it's a digital download.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think that's a digital download and yeah $2.99 for that is great. Kato/Mizunami owned too

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I've decided to finally start watching ChocoPro, and I think Trans Am Hiroshi is my new hero

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

His match with lulu was transcendent. We need more inter dimensional wrestling

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

inthesto posted:

I've decided to finally start watching ChocoPro, and I think Trans Am Hiroshi is my new hero

Sounds like you should be watching Pro Wrestling BASARA then, as that's his home promotion.

(And more importantly Fuminori Abe's. Speaking of Abe, Gatoh Move feels the only indie he doesn't work. Should sort that out.)

Oh, he did actually work for them last year, tagging with Rin Rin vs Emi and Masa.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Abe loving ruled in his Gatoh Move appearance. He's a great fit for that environment

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

There has been some new faces in the ChocoChat after the AEW announcement, and it is fun to see them all go down the exact same path we all did:

1. This looks low rent as hell, are they in someone's living room?
2. This is profoundly silly
3. This is the greatest promotion in the world

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Neodoomium posted:

There has been some new faces in the ChocoChat after the AEW announcement, and it is fun to see them all go down the exact same path we all did:

1. This looks low rent as hell, are they in someone's living room?
2. This is profoundly silly
3. This is the greatest promotion in the world

I feel like a month or two ago I couldn't stomach the low-budget production but after watching that free TJPW show on youtube I don't even care. It's better than the one RevPro show I watched.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Yeah, so far for me, ChocoPro's magic is that it's not explicitly a comedy promotion, but they keep things light-hearted and let silliness and comedy flow naturally.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

The DIY low budget aspect is actually a huge reason I enjoy chocopro. It emphasizes that they’re doing this because they enjoy it, and it helps tell the personal stories they’re telling.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Having the show end with a shoot tournament for a piece of chocolate is a very good way of managing the stakes of a very personal show.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

forkboy84 posted:

Sounds like you should be watching Pro Wrestling BASARA then, as that's his home promotion.

Is there a place for me to easily watch it? I'm happy with just an official youtube channel that uploads matches

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

inthesto posted:

Is there a place for me to easily watch it? I'm happy with just an official youtube channel that uploads matches

The answer as always is Wrestle Universe my friend

https://www.ddtpro.com/universe/videos?teamId=basara

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

fez_machine posted:

The answer as always is Wrestle Universe my friend

https://www.ddtpro.com/universe/videos?teamId=basara

they haven't had new shows since 2019

e: nvm they have live ones, just no vods of them.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

ItohRespectArmy posted:

they haven't had new shows since 2019

e: nvm they have live ones, just no vods of them.

I legit thought it was because of the pandemic

it sucks they're no longer making tape now that they're separate from DDT

I was hoping it'd be a TJPW or NOAH type deal, officially separate but still producing stuff to watch

oh well there's still 3 years worth of events to watch on Wrestle Universe

Edit: cagematch says they're putting stuff on NicoNico but that's hard to call easily accessible

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 9, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

fez_machine posted:

I was hoping it'd be a TJPW or NOAH type deal, officially separate but still producing stuff to watch

Edit: cagematch says they're putting stuff on NicoNico but that's hard to call easily accessible

Some of their stuff also makes SamuraiTV which generally makes it easier to find on various foreign tube sites. Like BASARA 146: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1nv411e7vy

I will say it's a fairly non-essential show, Abe is in a squash. But there's a match between 2 guys with Ryu in their name for the rights to the name Ryu so.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

fez_machine posted:

oh man wrestleuniverse to niconico is one hell of a downgrade.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
This doesn't bode well for tomorrow's tag match:
https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1360418961112895490

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i saw a gif of shida in chocopro so im watching chocopro now

VVVV #1 in my heart

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

I’m choosing to believe that the janken tournament was a shoot and the brawl was all improv

Janken’s still real to me dammit

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5xSUCxL9Rs

Are Shida and Emi doing another singles match in an hour?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

fez_machine posted:

This doesn't bode well for tomorrow's tag match:
https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1360418961112895490

lol Mei attacking everyone but realizing "oh god Lulu's out there in this"

Pylons posted:

This is almost assuredly a chat show with Akki translating

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pylons posted:

it's probably a chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

karmicknight posted:

it's probably a chat

Ahhh, that makes more sense.