Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

I figured out what the game wanted me to do for the final boss in A Plague Tale so it wasn't nearly as hard for me as pushing that drat cart past the archers. Must have died at least 15 times on that section on a not-particularly difficult game.

That cart section was the worst. Also there was something really stupid at that point story wise that really annoyed me, but it's been a while since I played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The very first chest in Dark Souls 3 is a mimic. C'mon guys, that's an insult, and a fundamental misunderstanding of the trust dynamics that make mimics work.

The entirety of the first real area has problems in a similar vein, honestly. It's pulling tricks that are best suited for a mid-to-late game area right out the gate, and not only are you generally underequipped to handle them, but it screws up the level of trust the game works on, to the detriment of basically everything afterwards for a good while.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Cleretic posted:

The very first chest in Dark Souls 3 is a mimic. C'mon guys, that's an insult, and a fundamental misunderstanding of the trust dynamics that make mimics work.

The entirety of the first real area has problems in a similar vein, honestly. It's pulling tricks that are best suited for a mid-to-late game area right out the gate, and not only are you generally underequipped to handle them, but it screws up the level of trust the game works on, to the detriment of basically everything afterwards for a good while.

No, it's hilarious.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I like Mass Effect 3 and I'm not sure what people were expecting. With the themes of the previous game it was only gonna end 1 of 3 ways and you get all of those choices. You even get a 4th dumbass one.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

rodbeard posted:

No, it's hilarious.

I loved Dark Souls 2 mechanic of "Hitting the chest to determine if it's a Mimic will cause the contents to break and just be rubbish."

So many posts of people asking why every chest they encounter has nothing but rubbish inside.

I think they took that away again in 3 so you can go back to basjing them to see if it's a mimic and not worry if you'll break whatever's inside.

But as far as I know, in all three games the rhyme,
"If the chain curves in, treasure within. If the chain curves out, better watch out!" holds true. But depending on chest location in regards to walls, how dark it is, etc... it's not always easy to see which way the chain goes. But you can also watch it very closely, and a mimic chest breathes just ever so barely.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

I figured out what the game wanted me to do for the final boss in A Plague Tale so it wasn't nearly as hard for me as pushing that drat cart past the archers. Must have died at least 15 times on that section on a not-particularly difficult game.
That loving cart. At one point Amicia got hit by an arrow right as the cutscene was going to start. I literally heard the archers say they were leaving and then, arrow to the chest.

exquisite tea posted:

I figured out what the game wanted me to do for the final boss in A Plague Tale so it wasn't nearly as hard for me as pushing that drat cart past the archers.
Once you figure it out the boss battle is actually really easy.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I'm playing Red Dead Redemption 2 and this is a general gripe but it always bothers me in games when the plot does the "we need to run! Theres just too many of them!" prompt but in gameplay my avatar can just wipe a small army without breaking a sweat.

Its particularly noticeable here since combat is pretty easy and most weapons are one hit kill if its headshots, the only reason Pinkertons or whoever are a threat to Arthur is because there is literally an infinite amount of them and eventually I'll get bored of clicking heads.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

I loved Dark Souls 2 mechanic of "Hitting the chest to determine if it's a Mimic will cause the contents to break and just be rubbish."

So many posts of people asking why every chest they encounter has nothing but rubbish inside.

I think they took that away again in 3 so you can go back to basjing them to see if it's a mimic and not worry if you'll break whatever's inside.

But as far as I know, in all three games the rhyme,
"If the chain curves in, treasure within. If the chain curves out, better watch out!" holds true. But depending on chest location in regards to walls, how dark it is, etc... it's not always easy to see which way the chain goes. But you can also watch it very closely, and a mimic chest breathes just ever so barely.

Mimics in 2 don't have chains, but you can bash em once without breaking them (although a massively heavy weapon might splat them, I always switch to a lighter one just in case). The game also has metal chest mimics that are spread out far enough that you'll forget they're a thing by the time the second one pops up.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I like Mass Effect 3 and I'm not sure what people were expecting. With the themes of the previous game it was only gonna end 1 of 3 ways and you get all of those choices. You even get a 4th dumbass one.

How so? The theme of the first two games seems to be that with the right combination of teamwork and sheer bloody mindedness anything is possible - ME2 has the tagline "They don't expect you to survive. Prove them wrong", and the whole game is building up to an explicit Suicide Mission that you can complete with zero casualties, which is why its so bullshit when trying to do the same thing in ME3 results in everybody dying

ME1/2 are also big on how a technologically advanced race can always put strictures on the less advanced - the relays, the genophage, the Drell absorbtion by the Hanar - and how this is uniformly an awful thing. It goes beyond technological determinism, its like technological colonialism. So it's double-extra bullshit that a) ME3 has the Crucible, an unknown piece of technology made by a superior race as the only thing that can save the day, and b) two of the endings are you unilaterally imposing unknown technological solutions onto the entire galaxy.

The endings, and large parts of the game up to that point tbh, are solidly spitting in the face of everything that the first two games were about.

Strom Cuzewon has a new favorite as of 18:22 on Feb 8, 2021

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Plus the reaper’s entire motivation that synthetic races will always overthrow their creators and cannot live in harmony with them is really dumb and contradicts both the specific events that have happened and the broader themes that have been established. But your only (real) ending choices are to agree with them and solve the problem on the reapers’ terms.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Snake Maze posted:

Plus the reaper’s entire motivation that synthetic races will always overthrow their creators and cannot live in harmony with them is really dumb and contradicts both the specific events that have happened and the broader themes that have been established. But your only (real) ending choices are to agree with them and solve the problem on the reapers’ terms.

Huh...so Star Trek:Picard just stealing Mass Effect plot lines?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

Huh...so Star Trek:Picard just stealing Mass Effect plot lines?

Absolutely, they even glow a sinister red!

Another ME3 hot-take: the Genophage resolution is bad and dumb. Because whichever choice you take it doesn't actually resolve the issue of "where does Krogan society go from here?" and its still an outside, more advanced race deciding to meddle in Krogan affairs, which is the whole thing that caused the problem (twice!). A much better and more interesting dilemma would have been Wrex vs Grunt - cure the genophage, or move past it. Which is a much chewier philosophical problem, and actually lets the Krogan have some say in their future. I think people only like the Tuchanka segment because Mordin's death is one heck of a good send-off. It's legit one of my favourite deaths in all of fiction, it's that good.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
People always bring up the Geth thing as some kind of plot hole but it's not. The reapers don't have to be right, they just have to think they are right, like pretty much every bad guy in every media piece in history.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Mimics in 2 don't have chains, but you can bash em once without breaking them (although a massively heavy weapon might splat them, I always switch to a lighter one just in case). The game also has metal chest mimics that are spread out far enough that you'll forget they're a thing by the time the second one pops up.

How so? The theme of the first two games seems to be that with the right combination of teamwork and sheer bloody mindedness anything is possible - ME2 has the tagline "They don't expect you to survive. Prove them wrong", and the whole game is building up to an explicit Suicide Mission that you can complete with zero casualties, which is why its so bullshit when trying to do the same thing in ME3 results in everybody dying

ME1/2 are also big on how a technologically advanced race can always put strictures on the less advanced - the relays, the genophage, the Drell absorbtion by the Hanar - and how this is uniformly an awful thing. It goes beyond technological determinism, its like technological colonialism. So it's double-extra bullshit that a) ME3 has the Crucible, an unknown piece of technology made by a superior race as the only thing that can save the day, and b) two of the endings are you unilaterally imposing unknown technological solutions onto the entire galaxy.

The endings, and large parts of the game up to that point tbh, are solidly spitting in the face of everything that the first two games were about.

To me it was a story about how civilizations grow and create new life in their image who eventually rebels against them. So you either become the creator or rebel which are what the two choices really come down to. You even destroy the relays which is basically another push towards not being created in the reapers image anymore.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Another ME3 hot-take: the Genophage resolution is bad and dumb. Because whichever choice you take it doesn't actually resolve the issue of "where does Krogan society go from here?"

Yeah, to be honest I was never really satisfied with curing the genophage. I want it to be the good solution, and all the emotional beats are definitely there, but the question of “so how are you going to handle a krogan population that increases 1000fold every generation” is never addressed by the text.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

People always bring up the Geth thing as some kind of plot hole but it's not. The reapers don't have to be right, they just have to think they are right, like pretty much every bad guy in every media piece in history.

The issue is not that the reapers are wrong, the issue is that the story treats them as being right, and your only options are to agree with them and solve the problem on their terms.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

ignoring the ending, ME3 has a bunch of dumb poo poo such as kai leng and EDI getting a sexbot body which joker wants to bang, and while it’s entirely unfair to all the things the game still does quite well to focus on them to the exclusion of all else, they nonetheless remain the part of the singleplayer that lives in my memory the strongest. at least we’ll get an opportunity to revisit the fun of the multiplayer, oh wait that’s not in the remaster

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Snake Maze posted:

The issue is not that the reapers are wrong, the issue is that the story treats them as being right, and your only options are to agree with them and solve the problem on their terms.

I don't know about the story treating them as right but you also have to take into account because you got a peaceful resolution in that one battle in the face of universal destruction doesn't really mean you've solved the problem.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Snake Maze posted:

It's very unsatisfying when the ancient cosmic horrors finally reveal their motivation and you've proved them wrong 5 minutes previously. It makes the Reapers look like absolute clowns.

It's also dangerously close to an Xzibit meme.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

To me it was a story about how civilizations grow and create new life in their image who eventually rebels against them. So you either become the creator or rebel which are what the two choices really come down to. You even destroy the relays which is basically another push towards not being created in the reapers image anymore.

I kinda like this, but I'm not sure I quite see it. It describes the Geth nicely, but only approximately fits the Krogan and the Drell (who are organic, so don't count either). You're also not really rebelling - the Reapers are the once that start all the killing!

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I kinda like this, but I'm not sure I quite see it. It describes the Geth nicely, but only approximately fits the Krogan and the Drell (who are organic, so don't count either). You're also not really rebelling - the Reapers are the once that start all the killing!

I get that and the Krogan and Drell I think are just ancillary showing you other instances of the main theme and not central to the exact message. Also I'm not saying it's perfect but that I just generally got what they were going for and thought it was fine.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

ME3 also felt a little less "organic" to me. Like it was just checking off items from a list. There's was less of a feeling of flow to the game. That might be because of nature of the war at that point but I didn't like the flow of the game as much as the previous ones regardless.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Since you guys have kindly explained Twitch notifications (I don't get the appeal myself but whatever), can you explain why some some streamers do "raid countermeasures", which is typically a really long silly video that breaks up the actual gameplay? I get raids, it's a way of giving a stream more viewers but what are countermeasures all about?

Kinda late responding to this but...

I once heard the explanation that a raid countermeasures video is supposed to be like a snapshot of what a given stream/streamer is about- the kind of jokes they make, the content they do, etc.- with the idea being to make some of the raiders interested so they come back to the stream instead of just sticking around for the raid and loving off.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Strom Cuzewon posted:

It's very unsatisfying when the ancient cosmic horrors finally reveal their motivation and you've proved them wrong 5 minutes previously. It makes the Reapers look like absolute clowns.

It's also dangerously close to an Xzibit meme.

You haven't really proved them wrong though. I mean it's no small thing to negotiate a peace between the quarians and the geth but there's no way of knowing if that peace is going to last much past the reaper threat. EDI is a better example of synthetics living in peace with organic life but it's a small dataset

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

I mean the solution to the problem is dumb anyway. ME3 spoilers: If synthetic life will inevitably replace intelligent organic life then why stop it? How is periodically killing off all advanced organic life a solution to all advanced organic life being wiped out? Either let the inevitable happen so the suffering ends forever, or police the creation of synthetic life. You could even ban all space travel and sufficiently advanced tech and just wipe out any planet that gets too technologically advanced in spite of the order. What's the point of letting species get to the point where you "have to" wipe them out? And what's so bad about synthetic life anyway if it is the inevitable evolution of life? Not that the organic/synthetic split is even all that meaningful. The green ending being complete bullshit cause how can you even make everything a synthetic/organic hybrid if the split has any meaning?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Phigs posted:

I mean the solution to the problem is dumb anyway. ME3 spoilers: If synthetic life will inevitably replace intelligent organic life then why stop it? How is periodically killing off all advanced organic life a solution to all advanced organic life being wiped out? Either let the inevitable happen so the suffering ends forever, or police the creation of synthetic life. You could even ban all space travel and sufficiently advanced tech and just wipe out any planet that gets too technologically advanced in spite of the order. What's the point of letting species get to the point where you "have to" wipe them out? And what's so bad about synthetic life anyway if it is the inevitable evolution of life? Not that the organic/synthetic split is even all that meaningful. The green ending being complete bullshit cause how can you even make everything a synthetic/organic hybrid if the split has any meaning?

That's actually a good point that I've thought about and never had a good answer for except that it was their original order so that underlying order is still there it's just been perverted.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

ignoring the ending, ME3 has a bunch of dumb poo poo such as kai leng and EDI getting a sexbot body which joker wants to bang, and while it’s entirely unfair to all the things the game still does quite well to focus on them to the exclusion of all else, they nonetheless remain the part of the singleplayer that lives in my memory the strongest. at least we’ll get an opportunity to revisit the fun of the multiplayer, oh wait that’s not in the remaster

The thing that ultimately made me quit ME3 was that my computer was a piece of poo poo and it kept crashing, but this is why I stopped caring. Also the level design somehow felt a lot worse than in Mass Effect 2. Might still give them all another go when the remaster comes out on PS4, which is a credit to the fact that "third person shooter, but you have magic powers and alien buddies" is a genre that needs more entries.

Twitch has a new favorite as of 20:33 on Feb 8, 2021

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Len posted:

If I donate $1000 maybe senpai will notice me!

And then she'll slide into my DMs and we can get to know each other

And then we can get dinner!

Don't call me out on what I do with this new "V tuber" business.

Finally I'll gently caress an anime!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Stranded Deep is at best an average survival game, but there are some elements of it I find interesting.

What I don't like about it is the poison mechanic. Essentially you can get poisoned by getting attacked by snakes, touching lionfish, or touching these spiky starfish.

There's no way to protect against poison, only a cure for it, except that if you don't have a cure on you, it means you need to immediately go back to wherever your resources are to make one, severely disrupting the flow of the game. I wish you could craft something like thicker shoes in order to protect against the annoying starfish (who are often in shallow water and impossible to spot in the evening as you get off your raft).

Also I beat the game last night by cheesing the bosses and breaking their AI essentially, but this is totally fine with me since if I actually had to worry about being attacked by them I don't think I would've beat the game at all...oh, that's another dumb thing, the aiming sensitivity goes off the charts when aiming near a target, like some sort of reverse aim assist, making actually hitting moving targets with ranged weaponry a frustrating endeavor.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I have no defense of Kai Leng prepared and will not prepare one.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

christmas boots posted:

You haven't really proved them wrong though. I mean it's no small thing to negotiate a peace between the quarians and the geth but there's no way of knowing if that peace is going to last much past the reaper threat. EDI is a better example of synthetics living in peace with organic life but it's a small dataset

Well it’s the other way around, isn’t it? Why should we even believe synthetic/organic conflict is inevitable, when every synthetic we meet is capable of peaceful coexistence? Plus there’s tons of thematic similarities between the geth/quarian relationship and stuff like the krogan/salarian one - Krogan violence isn’t painted as inevitable, why should the geth be different just because they’re metal? The reapers just assert that it’s inevitable and ingame you have no choice but to agree, but if anyone needs to show proof it’s them.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Phigs posted:

As far as it being a solution to organic life being wiped out, do remember that the reapers preserve the populations they kill as new reapers.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Reapers believe what they believe because they're crazy alien machine gods who were given a directive that they took to its extreme. Trying to destroy them with facts and logic is almost as lame as trying to explain them.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

But that's part of why the explanation was so bad. If they literally said nothing about the reaper's purpose it would have been way better. People shouldn't be tempted to argue with a cosmic horror's logic.

And the reapers only preserve some "special" species though. They only kidnapped humans to remake as reapers this cycle for instance.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

RGX posted:

On my continuing mission to play every single big release game I missed when working outside was a thing.....

Mass Effect 3!

Speaking of "Little Things Dragging This Game Down", 3 used different character models or otherwise changed how the characters looked, so my Shepard looked off to me, and it bothered me enough that I never played the game. Not that I swore off it immediately, but I had just gotten both ME3 and Witcher 2 on sale, decided to play Witcher that day after being annoyed at my deformed Shepard, and never went back to finish the trilogy.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Tender Bender posted:

Speaking of "Little Things Dragging This Game Down", 3 used different character models or otherwise changed how the characters looked, so my Shepard looked off to me, and it bothered me enough that I never played the game. Not that I swore off it immediately, but I had just gotten both ME3 and Witcher 2 on sale, decided to play Witcher that day after being annoyed at my deformed Shepard, and never went back to finish the trilogy.

This is supposed to be fixed in the Legendary Edition, where they'll have a single character creator that works for all three games and lets you have the ME3 femshep in ME1.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

rodbeard posted:

No, it's hilarious.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

That's a good move, but it's really strange just how arbitrary they are about what things get changed for the remaster.

A shame they won't bother to re-implement any of the cut content. I do wonder if they'll fix some of the outstanding, odd bugs between the games.
I can't remember which title it was, but in the games there's a big fan of you, Conrad Verner, who you can be nice to, or a shitass to.

But due to a bug, when you encountered him again in a later title, he would always act as if you had been the biggest piece of poo poo to him.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

In Control, sometimes when you get an audio file (or I think more likely when you get a call on the hotline) you don't get the whole audio, you have to go into your mnu to listen to al of it.

This is annoying for two reasons.
1) Despite the cliché of "audio log that plays while you look at stuff", it at least lets me multitask. I can search the room to make sure there's no more collectables or a secret area/whatever while it plays. If I have to listen to the whole thing in the menu, it insists upon itself and demands my attention.

2) A lot of said calls are from the former director, and when playing his calls it's the same like 20 second loop of him standing in front of a bright light so he's in silhouette, smoking a cigarette, with an overlay that is a closeup of his face dead on or in profile, also smoking a cigarette. It's incredibly bad, reminds of of, like, early SA-goons taking "cool" pictures of themselves in fedoras, smoking pipes or cigars, in front of doorways or in the woods or something. Just sort of pretentious? It was fine the first couple of times, cause it is fairly evocative of, say, a 90's TV show or movie that's about government conspiracies...like I'm sure there's many shots of the Cigarette Smoking Man on the X-Files that are identical to that...but do I need that every time?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Snake Maze posted:

Well it’s the other way around, isn’t it? Why should we even believe synthetic/organic conflict is inevitable, when every synthetic we meet is capable of peaceful coexistence? Plus there’s tons of thematic similarities between the geth/quarian relationship and stuff like the krogan/salarian one - Krogan violence isn’t painted as inevitable, why should the geth be different just because they’re metal? The reapers just assert that it’s inevitable and ingame you have no choice but to agree, but if anyone needs to show proof it’s them.

Are the krogan a good example? Because krogan violence, while not painted as inevitable, is painted as overwhelmingly likely. Wrex, Eve, and the genophage cure are all about betting on the hope of a better future even if it isn't a certain one. It's why you need all those factors to make it work, and why if you have Wreav in charge and don't save Eve, you can convince Mordin that it's not the right call.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Phigs posted:

But that's part of why the explanation was so bad. If they literally said nothing about the reaper's purpose it would have been way better. People shouldn't be tempted to argue with a cosmic horror's logic.

And the reapers only preserve some "special" species though. They only kidnapped humans to remake as reapers this cycle for instance.

I disagree. I'd have loved an ending where you do a Captain Kirk and point out the illogic of the machines' actions. They're supposed to be preserving species, but they're only preserving some genetic code while wiping out all traces of the culture that is the real legacy of a species. Then you can add in the examples of why synthetic/non-synthetic war isn't inevitable, and the computer explodes in a cloud of logic.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

In Control, sometimes when you get an audio file (or I think more likely when you get a call on the hotline) you don't get the whole audio, you have to go into your mnu to listen to al of it.

This is annoying for two reasons.
1) Despite the cliché of "audio log that plays while you look at stuff", it at least lets me multitask. I can search the room to make sure there's no more collectables or a secret area/whatever while it plays. If I have to listen to the whole thing in the menu, it insists upon itself and demands my attention.

2) A lot of said calls are from the former director, and when playing his calls it's the same like 20 second loop of him standing in front of a bright light so he's in silhouette, smoking a cigarette, with an overlay that is a closeup of his face dead on or in profile, also smoking a cigarette. It's incredibly bad, reminds of of, like, early SA-goons taking "cool" pictures of themselves in fedoras, smoking pipes or cigars, in front of doorways or in the woods or something. Just sort of pretentious? It was fine the first couple of times, cause it is fairly evocative of, say, a 90's TV show or movie that's about government conspiracies...like I'm sure there's many shots of the Cigarette Smoking Man on the X-Files that are identical to that...but do I need that every time?

trench's calls do carry on for way too long. it's probably because he's the VA for max payne and the calls were remedy's way of paying homage to max's own monologues, but they lack the visual flair of MP's comic book pages or max's flowery noir-speak so instead they're just kind of dull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Sunswipe posted:

I disagree. I'd have loved an ending where you do a Captain Kirk and point out the illogic of the machines' actions. They're supposed to be preserving species, but they're only preserving some genetic code while wiping out all traces of the culture that is the real legacy of a species. Then you can add in the examples of why synthetic/non-synthetic war isn't inevitable, and the computer explodes in a cloud of logic.

Yeah, this would own. Remember how cool it was when ME1 let you talk Saren into killing himself? (although this might just have been for the novelty of it - it's been years since i saw that scene, but i doubt the dialogue was up to it)