Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
boooo at thread title update BOOOOO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Should have been Gaming food megathread: Reheated.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I like when thread titles at least let me know what game they’re about. :shrug:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I like when thread titles at least let me know what game they’re about. :shrug:

boo this man!

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I liked the idea I read somewhere that the dream sequences in ME3 should have been whoever died at Virmire. I'd change that to 'whoever died at Virmire, plus whoever died on the Suicide mission in ME2.'

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

TheCenturion posted:

I liked the idea I read somewhere that the dream sequences in ME3 should have been whoever died at Virmire. I'd change that to 'whoever died at Virmire, plus whoever died on the Suicide mission in ME2.'

Shepard: Again, who are you?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
And the destruction of the Normandy 1.

Make the nightmare sequences something Shepard and the player have an actual connection to, not some random kid in a generic foresty park we've never seen before.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

bUt WhAt AbOuT nEw PlAyErS

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

TheCenturion posted:

Why stop there? Should've just ripped off Snake Eater and had Shepard trudge through a waist-deep river as they are accosted by the ghosts of everyone who has died under their command throughout all three games. :unsmigghh:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Generic American posted:

Why stop there? Should've just ripped off Snake Eater and had Shepard trudge through a waist-deep river as they are accosted by the ghosts of everyone who has died under their command throughout all three games. :unsmigghh:

Only if that also includes Shepard herself.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Generic American posted:

Oh no not him, not Jenkins

I'm sorry Jenkins

I'm so sorry :qq:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Cythereal posted:

Only if that also includes Shepard herself.

This would be loving dope. At the end of the final dream sequence you come upon a warped and disfigured version of yourself, a mass of flesh and electronics and twisting gears. It beckons you forward, ever closer, like it holds the secret to your existence. Inching closer, you can make it out clearly.

"Shepard," it croaks.

"Wrex," you reply.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
more like mASS effect amirite :quagmire:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

:five:

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

:eyepop:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Whatever generates your mass effect field.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

bioware? more like buttsgowhere

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Are we still going to have shots of Benezia’s and Samara’s epic prows?

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

bioware? more like buttsgowhere
Byearse

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Generic American posted:

The third of the three dream sequences already does an equivalent of that

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The dream sequence would be effective if I was bad at Mass Effect, but the only people that died were the ones I wanted to and also Mordin I guess.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

TheCenturion posted:

Are we still going to have shots of Benezia’s and Samara’s epic prows?

They censored them with lens flares

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
It’s not even going to have pinnacle station? Jesus

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

El_Elegante posted:

It’s not even going to have pinnacle station? Jesus

They no longer have the assets to recompile it so it'd be real hard to remaster.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

the source data bioware has for pinnacle station is apparently totally corrupted, so it's not getting redone any time soon

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Oh no, the worst dlc that wasn't worth playing to begin with is gone

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Doctor Nutt posted:

Oh no, the worst dlc that wasn't worth playing to begin with is gone

Yeah, I guess you can’t even get it as DLC for ME1 on steam. But it did give me this hilarious synopsis of Bring Down the Sky:

Edit: apparently you can get it for free directly from EA

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/dlc-for-classic-games/

El_Elegante fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Feb 9, 2021

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What the gently caress

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I’ll be honest it’s uncomfortable when genre writers invoke universal racial traits, it may be ubiquitous but that shouldn’t make it acceptable

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
I’m from the Skyllian Verge, and I say kill them all!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
"Face off against the horrific Batarians" makes it sound like one of the writers thought they were going for 50s pulp sci-fi rather than 80s. Er, whoever wrote that copy, who was most definitely not a Mass Effect writer.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

I vividly remember a considerable number of posters in the old ME2 thread vocally expressing their "the only good batarian is a dead batarian" attitude sans any apparent irony. How times have changed.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Are the Batarians supposed to be a real life analogue?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I can't remember, do you meet any batarians in the game who aren't huge assholes?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

They were North Korea - sabre rattling human rights baddies that cut themselves off from the international community.

I don't think they ever showed anything about their culture. The excuse for why they're all assholes was that you only met batarians outside the hegemony, and that the only way to leave the hegemony was being into organised crime or going on a state approved slave raid.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Nobody liked Batarians until they added them into multiplayer, then Batarians became cool as hell

That wind up punch was beautiful.

WEH-WEEE-WEEOOO-BOOM!

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Strategic Tea posted:

They were North Korea - sabre rattling human rights baddies that cut themselves off from the international community.

I don't think they ever showed anything about their culture. The excuse for why they're all assholes was that you only met batarians outside the hegemony, and that the only way to leave the hegemony was being into organised crime or going on a state approved slave raid.

Basically all of the tragedy of the hermit kingdom and none of the mitigating context of the 19th and 20th centuries. I doubt it will age well.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
gently caress batarians, if they represent any real life people it's the Lost Causers and other slaver apologists.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
how so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Unwavering solidarity with the Batarian Hegemony against the imperialist running dogs of the Galactic Council.