Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

All soup looks stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
Soup is good. It is the perfect breakfast food. All my best days start with a piping hot bowl of pho.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Pho is delicious. Anyone who hates on Pho is an IOSM and definitely a racist.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Boywhiz88 posted:

true, true

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WR3kziiz7g

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
That soup looks bad. I can tell from the chicken, and from having seen quite a few soups in my time.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

toanoradian posted:

...how could you be against age of consent laws? Is this like a libertarian thing?

Well yes. They want to sleep with children. As far as I can tell that's the only reason anyone would want this.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Boywhiz88 posted:

All soup is bad and dumb.

Pho is decent tho

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
soup is good

traitor joe is great

not screenshotting tweets is bad

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

captainOrbital posted:

soup is good

traitor joe is great

not screenshotting tweets is bad

Tryna figure out if Traitor Joe is the President or the grocery store

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

it's a dogwhistle

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Splash Attack posted:

https://twitter.com/Struggle_Tweet/status/1357478607807909889?s=20
that's pretty much standard chicken soup i've eaten for years in chinese restaurants and made by my grandparents.

Just as a refresher: this is the picture of soup people are getting called "racist" for thinking it looks gross:

A bowl of broth with giant chunks of chicken standing upright in it, practically hanging out of the bowl. It also looks like there are literally no other ingredients. You goddamn goons.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Grimdude posted:

Just as a refresher: this is the picture of soup people are getting called "racist" for thinking it looks gross:

A bowl of broth with giant chunks of chicken standing upright in it, practically hanging out of the bowl. It also looks like there are literally no other ingredients. You goddamn goons.

Because it's not an uncommon Asian dish, despite how it looks?

https://youtu.be/O_6I6L34498

Literally the only difference here is it has mushrooms.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

People are being racist because they're calling it "weird" (i.e., not Westernized) instead of just unphotogenic (which it is).

But y'know, go ahead and minimize people's racist behaviors on a forum that is at times really loving weird and racist about Asian things.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Food pictures look gross 99% of the time when they're not done by professionals.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What I’m learning is Asia in general has lovely soup.

Still better than British food

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestheHammer posted:

What I’m learning is Asia in general has lovely soup.

Still better than British food

Check out tom kha gai, that's an actually good chicken soup that doesn't look as gross as the one on top.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A poutine looks weird, but that doesn't mean I hate French Canadians. I do, but not because of that.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
French canadians rule back the hell off

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

French canadians rule back the hell off

Nah

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Grimdude posted:

https://mykoreankitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/1.-Samgyetang-Recipe-Korean-Ginseng-Chicken-Soup.jpg

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

:nsfw: that, dood!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I think we all know that all of this is really about anime

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

hawowanlawow posted:

I think we all know that all of this is really about anime

Nah it's about how a lot of people refuse to recognize when they're being casually racist, whether on purpose or not, and then double the gently caress down when it's pointed out instead of ever growing.

So yeah they probably watch anime

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

RoboRodent posted:

It's not a photogenic soup, but soup rarely is.

I am a soup lover, I have made many soups from various degrees of scratch, most of them were hideous but tasty.

I'm sorry about your ugly soups, but my soups are beautiful.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

tabarnak d'ostie mon goon

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Arsenic Lupin posted:

https://twitter.com/Slate/status/1358734165252976641

Why, yes! A completely novel story that doesn't run every couple of months in the popular press!

Sorry (not sorry) to interrupt Soup Discourse, but I want to link to an actual good article about romance publishing from a mainstream source, written by someone with knowledge of the genre and quoting lots of romance authors. How rare and refreshing! https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/06/entertainment/bridgerton-romance-novel-renaissance-trnd/index.html

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Grimdude posted:

No one is saying that, that's your weird complex. People are pointing out that actually that dish is common, then you chuds are going "oh so I'm a racist now?!?!" Which, yeah, if that's your response to being corrected, you are.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

You know what, I'm gonna say it.

I don't care that you lost the nordiques!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think goons can be very weird about Japan but I think this jump from this soup looks like poo poo to a racist huh? Is a bit insane

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

That Yang soup looks grand, and I say this as a definitely not asian but irish person. Looks like a nice rich broth - see the little oil blobs on the surface, which suggest homemadeness, and the not-overcooked chicken chunks.
If the broth is feeble, it's bad soup, but that applies to every loving soup.

Look up consommé - thin, clear soup is its own thing and harder to make well than most.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

You never solo Ostie after a Tabarnak.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Us Ashkenazi Jews make the best chicken soup (well our grandmothers do) and I will not take people bad mouthing the goodness and medicinal qualities that is chicken soup (filled with matzah balls).

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

captainOrbital posted:

it's a dogwhistle
What?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Aphrodite posted:

You never solo Ostie after a Tabarnak.

Truth be told, I can’t speak québécois and never remember if it’s tabarnak d’ostie or ostie de tabarnak

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

the soup yang is having is not samgyetang and doesn't look like it. source: had homemade samgyetang last Friday and fairly often tbh

the soup looks bad y'all. put some in there besides chicken

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
smagyetang has glutinous rice and jujubes. ginseng if you can afford it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/posadist_trapgd/status/1358830626711994370?s=20

Edit: The Yang soup looks better than whenever a republican posts "bbq"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Truth be told, I can’t speak québécois and never remember if it’s tabarnak d’ostie or ostie de tabarnak

It can be both, but you must be (h)osti(e)-ing something. Even though it literally means the host, it's used as 'loving ______'.

osti de tabarnak = good
Tabarnak d'osti = bad
Tabarnak d'osti de calisse = Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I think the wildest part is people saying that because Andrew Yang sent the tweet that it's some secret asian recipe and not that maybe Andrew Yang just made a bad soup.