Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Also to add to wing/nugget/etc controversy

At all the places I’ve cooked at, boneless breast meat is the only fresh house cut and marinated chicken we had. The boneless “wing” meat was the same that went on to be delicious fajitas and sandwiches and quesadillas. Each got their own cut, marination, and seasoning. Proper wings came frozen and preseasoned in big plastic bags, and nuggets came similar but unseasoned because they were for babies.

There’s a 90% chance that your bone-in wings are from the same company regardless of where you go while your boneless are house made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Iron Crowned posted:

Also, if you're buying wings pre-separated, you're doing it wrong, buy the whole wing and seperate them yourself, it took me, someone with no knife skills, about 10 minutes to do 4 pounds of them.

Chicken fingat is yet another thing.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Iron Crowned posted:

Also, if you're buying wings pre-separated, you're doing it wrong, buy the whole wing and seperate them yourself, it took me, someone with no knife skills, about 10 minutes to do 4 pounds of them.

of course, check the price per weight. That's only worth the effort if the whole wings are cheaper, which they sometimes aren't in my area, or at least not by much.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

if you're making them yourself, the real pro move is to get deboned thighs instead. spread them out flat and grill them. way better than wings

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also to add to wing/nugget/etc controversy

At all the places I’ve cooked at, boneless breast meat is the only fresh house cut and marinated chicken we had. The boneless “wing” meat was the same that went on to be delicious fajitas and sandwiches and quesadillas. Each got their own cut, marination, and seasoning. Proper wings came frozen and preseasoned in big plastic bags, and nuggets came similar but unseasoned because they were for babies.

There’s a 90% chance that your bone-in wings are from the same company regardless of where you go while your boneless are house made.

This pretty much varies wildly depending on your supply chain, I would think. I have worked at a lot of pizza places, bars, or ghost kitchens where that's the case. I've also worked at dedicated wing joints where it's the polar opposite of that and the wings were fresh and the boneless were frozen nuggets or pre-marinated strips. Then there's the places where all the chicken was fresh never frozen and marinated in house, but HOLY MOSES the prices were insane there. It totally depends on the restaurant as to what you're getting.

But motherfuck the place that made me joint the wings to order. I will forever hate them.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The pro move is not to eat wings, because they are trash.

steinrokkan has a new favorite as of 18:25 on Feb 8, 2021

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
The real wings pro strat is ordering like thirty wings, taking half a bite out of each, then posting to Twitter about it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fools Infinite posted:

The real wings pro strat is ordering like thirty wings, taking half a bite out of each, then posting to Twitter about it.

How do you take half a bite

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Still can't believe that poo poo's a cinnamon roll like

Like what

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/Phr0nes1s/status/1358603535500378112?s=20

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PettiBetti_/status/1358644467817938952?s=20

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

i loving love soggy nachos so 1000% would

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

You know, other than the part where she makes it on a table, I totally would

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
This is how rich people start their adrenochrome rituals

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

so this is what rich people do in those insanely nice but unused kitchen? just dump poo poo on the counter and eat it like an animal? guess we're not that much different after all.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

The Bloop posted:

How do you take half a bite

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
#1 people are spoiled rich kids
#5 people freak me out. There was all sorts of connective tissue bits and gristle in that drumette that are... not good eating

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I once bought wings for a guy who I knew was going through a hard time and he definitely ate them all at the #2 level. It was like "WTF dude, I know money is a problem right now, and you're not even trying to eat the wings I bought for you"

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
so what is the 'suck the marrow' level? #6?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

steinrokkan posted:

This is how rich people start their adrenochrome rituals

this is like the scene at the end of Society, you walk into a room and see this happening and your brain can't process the information it's receiving.

i have to assume this is just clickbait and that no one would actually do this. only way i can handle it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

The Bloop posted:

#1 people are spoiled rich kids
#5 people freak me out. There was all sorts of connective tissue bits and gristle in that drumette that are... not good eating

You're wasting precious biomass.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Wait why are the people who eat the least flesh murderers?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
level 7

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

they don't respect the chicken

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

hawowanlawow posted:

they don't respect the chicken

you must honor every part of her.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

#5 people wouldn't need to be serial killers because they get more from each wing. The #1 people are serial killers because they don't know how to get the full value each time.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Best value is really just buying something else.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

One of the things about eating socially is that I often don't have much to say, but I still gotta do something to stary busy, so I'll end up just gnawing until I finally can't deal with all the bone shards any more.

It's much easier to gnaw on a corn cob. Sometimes the core is even really sweet.

Iron Crowned posted:

Is that technically just a really fat quesadilla?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Iron Crowned posted:

I have no idea what a counter adds vs. using a large mixing bowl. If it all gets gooped together at the end there's no need to have nice straight lines of ingredients like that.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Facebook Aunt posted:

I have no idea what a counter adds vs. using a large mixing bowl. If it all gets gooped together at the end there's no need to have nice straight lines of ingredients like that.

Usually? Germs. Lots and lots of them. Uncle Ron probably had his rear end up on that counter during the last Christmas get-together.

Elysiume posted:

#5 people wouldn't need to be serial killers because they get more from each wing. The #1 people are serial killers because they don't know how to get the full value each time.

I do like the implication that people who eat wings are dangerous murderers, unlike people that eat chicken meat from the parts of the chicken that aren't the lament configuration of the bird.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

KataraniSword posted:

Usually? Germs. Lots and lots of them. Uncle Ron probably had his rear end up on that counter during the last Christmas get-together.

You cant get germs from nachos. Thats just science.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

If it were one of the cold marble blocks you mix up ice cream on then

Well that would also be horrible

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

You could clean the countertop first, but seeing as how she opens the taco seasoning with her mouth, that's definitely not a priority.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

uber_stoat posted:

you must honor every part of her.

Even the part where the eggs come out

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I had an acquaintance who would eat the bones, crunched them up and all, insisted that's what Asians do. He had sold his soul for money, so I really hated that guy, I'd be surprised if he wasn't dead from cirrhosis by now.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Of all the things to sell your soul for, being able to eat chicken bones and pretend it's an Asian custom has to rank pretty low on the list.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

I loving hope you don't get any meat from a cinnamon roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

I had an acquaintance who would eat the bones, crunched them up and all, insisted that's what Asians do. He had sold his soul for money, so I really hated that guy, I'd be surprised if he wasn't dead from cirrhosis by now.

I would expect he's probably dead from a punctured intestine or something if he eats cooked bone, they're like, brittle, they form shards and poo poo, it's why you're not supposed to feed them to dogs.

If you need to eat bones you should probably grind them properly.