Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Not even right on the lay up as while the Jags have had a bad off season they're not even close the worst ownership what with Cal McNair handing over control to his franchise to Religious Zealot and are chasing their generation QB out of town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/NJPWFanClubNA/status/1357187753255923713

Waiting for Coward Tony to send me the AEW World Championship that's rightfully mine.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/NJPWFanClubNA/status/1316580277175476224

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

im glad that guy got cancelled by aew fans or something

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
We need to hold Tony Khan accountable

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

leonard fournette is going to go on monday night raw and beat up someone wearing a jaxson de ville costume

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Tweet was made in October, he's talking about how he lost his job because of AEW.

:thunk:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

Tweet was made in October, he's talking about how he lost his job because of AEW.

:thunk:

Guessing it is related to this?

https://twitter.com/NJPWFanClubNA/status/1161473988695953408

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's actually people who determine if you are crazy, and not time

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Those are some wild rear end priorities

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

imagine being so deluded you think being an unofficial fan account on Twitter is helping New Japan Pro Wrestling in any tangible way

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/NJPWFanClubNA/status/1358604577382178817

The normal one is still live.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

This was also the dude that insisted that Kenny and Ibushi's friendship was over because of AEW, right?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/NJPWFanClubNA/status/1358067369394851840

Would love to hear what goes on in these Zoom meetings

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

This was also the dude that insisted that Kenny and Ibushi's friendship was over because of AEW, right?

I mean, I didn't see a tweet about it but I'm 100% they're one of the t-shirt money mutants.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://twitter.com/NJPWFanClubNA/status/1358067369394851840

Would love to hear what goes on in these Zoom meetings

https://twitter.com/NJPWFanClubNA/status/1350536255868584128?s=20

this isn't real, is it?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV deals - actually bad?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Infrastructure Week.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Someone go sit in on one of those zoom meetings and tell us the best parts

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Guessing the closest this guy has come to working for New Japan is spending an abusrd money on Bushiroad gacha games

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

MassRafTer posted:

Infrastructure? Weak.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
*Tony Khan makes a product lots of people love*

Terminally Online Weirdos:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

*Tony Khan makes a product lots of people love*

Terminally Online Weirdos:

what about the infrastructure? :smug:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Please, my family, they have ailments.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Pinche Rudo posted:

Someone go sit in on one of those zoom meetings and tell us the best parts

where's oatgan when you need him

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I went to check that dude's profile and the lack of engagement on his tweets is just sad :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rarity posted:

I went to check that dude's profile and the lack of engagement on his tweets is just sad :(

I assume it's just two people responding:

1. Dave Meltzer arguing with him.
2. Bryan Alvarez begging Dave Meltzer not to argue with him.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Legit never imagined that an NJPWMecca would exist but lmao

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

"Exist" seems like too much of a strong word to use in this instance

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

412 followers.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

a cyborg mug posted:

"Exist" seems like too much of a strong word to use in this instance

Fair, though it should be mentioned that Mecca was only ever like 15-18 people, total. I guess this is just the one guy though.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

lmfao

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

flashy_mcflash posted:

There’s a subsection of English speaking NJPW fans that are gatekeepers. The NJPW subreddit has some, but not really a majority. There was a recent thread with some praise for Harold because he was the only thing holding back the bad western influence and the wrong kind of US fans. The ingredients for that type of fan to exist are all there, it’s a much less accessible product and it presents itself differently from the “mainstream” product.

I have not really encountered those kinds of fans at any live US NJPW shows I’ve been to however.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

JUNGLE BOY posted:

There’s a subsection of English speaking NJPW fans that are gatekeepers. The NJPW subreddit has some, but not really a majority. There was a recent thread with some praise for Harold because he was the only thing holding back the bad western influence and the wrong kind of US fans. The ingredients for that type of fan to exist are all there, it’s a much less accessible product and it presents itself differently from the “mainstream” product.

That was certainly a roadblock into me getting into Japanese stuff, particularly joshi being a subset of the thing which can be even worse. "Lookit the maroon asking about WAVE when he hasn't sat outside the arena all night watching through opera glasses waiting for Yumi Ohka to come out like a REAL fan, amirite fellers?"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

Kross is gonna be the next Rock level guy.

Will transcend wrestling.

— Hammerstone (@alexhammerstone)

to be fair they started training together out here in vegas when they broke in

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dawgstar posted:

That was certainly a roadblock into me getting into Japanese stuff, particularly joshi being a subset of the thing which can be even worse. "Lookit the maroon asking about WAVE when he hasn't sat outside the arena all night watching through opera glasses waiting for Yumi Ohka to come out like a REAL fan, amirite fellers?"

This is one of the things I'm most glad about with this forum. The default attitude here to a new person wanting to join in with the fandom is to love-bomb them with welcome and info and enthusiasm, to the point where it's almost intimidating in the other direction. We love this stuff and we want other people to love it too.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lamuella posted:

This is one of the things I'm most glad about with this forum. The default attitude here to a new person wanting to join in with the fandom is to love-bomb them with welcome and info and enthusiasm, to the point where it's almost intimidating in the other direction. We love this stuff and we want other people to love it too.

Look, I know you want to watch Omega vs. Okada and that's great, you just need to watch these 14 matches and these 17 backstage interviews along the way to get the full context.

Now, sit down for a sec and let me explain to you the difference between a running Destino and a standing Destino.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/superstarsleeze/status/1359166895753150467

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

You Want Sheamus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Isn't Sheamus' neck being held together primarily by wishes right now? Isn't that why they stuck him in a tag team?