Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

just eat the poison food. earth has been ruined and death is certain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

just eat the poison food. earth has been ruined and death is certain

Look, this poisoning is caused by pesticides and industrial pollution; there's nothing that can be done about it.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

anything can be poison if you eat enough of it

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

ArmZ posted:

Paracelsus : :hmmyes:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

ArmZ posted:

I personally know two people who are disabled for life because they drank too much water.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
lol remember when michelle obama said stop drinking soda and drink more water and fox news + the usual suspects made very serious articles and newscasts on the dangers of water poisoning

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

About the only way I can imagine it ever happening is the stupid way the military was doing forced hydration in the 90's.

Flushing your entire body of electrolytes and shutting down your kidneys isn't healthy.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Hold Your Wee For A Wii!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
anyone call it "crapitalism" yet?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

About the only way I can imagine it ever happening is the stupid way the military was doing forced hydration in the 90's.

I thought waterboarding was more of a 00s thing?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

spacetoaster posted:

Flushing your entire body of electrolytes and shutting down your kidneys isn't healthy.

I remember somebody dying of hyponatremia from a competition to win a car by drinking water or something

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

BonHair posted:

I thought waterboarding was more of a 00s thing?
Only 00's kids will get this!

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Failed Imagineer posted:

I remember somebody dying of hyponatremia from a competition to win a car by drinking water or something
This has happened several times.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

LMAO I was in the army between 2000 and 2004 and I remember this to this very day. "DRINK WATER!!!" "If your pee isn't clear you need to drink right now!" God just so much water drinking. A cult of water drinking.

Then when we were in Iraq convoying up to Baghdad the countryside was littered with bottles of water people would pee into and throw out the vehicle window. Just miles and miles of piss bottles lining the route we took north. Consuming bottled water and then peeing back into the bottle and tossing it out of the side of the humvee like some kind of super weird piss fetish version of Hansel and Gretel. Those bottles baked in the sun so they turned super dark yellow/brown and my sergeant would look at them deeply concerned that people clearly weren't drinking enough water and he would not listen to explanations that involved words like condensation

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I got water poisoning in an all-day sports tournament where I had no subs. I hadn't brought food because I assumed the venue would have food but it didn't. So I drank 15 litres of water to keep myself going. At the end of the day I felt really dehydrated and wanted to drink more water, then I remembered reading that hyponatremia feels like dehydration, so I got someone to drive me to a Quizno's. I ate a ham and pickle sandwich with extra salt poured on it, and it tasted sweet because I needed salt so badly.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

HashtagGirlboss posted:

LMAO I was in the army between 2000 and 2004 and I remember this to this very day. "DRINK WATER!!!" "If your pee isn't clear you need to drink right now!" God just so much water drinking. A cult of water drinking.

Then when we were in Iraq convoying up to Baghdad the countryside was littered with bottles of water people would pee into and throw out the vehicle window. Just miles and miles of piss bottles lining the route we took north. Consuming bottled water and then peeing back into the bottle and tossing it out of the side of the humvee like some kind of super weird piss fetish version of Hansel and Gretel. Those bottles baked in the sun so they turned super dark yellow/brown and my sergeant would look at them deeply concerned that people clearly weren't drinking enough water and he would not listen to explanations that involved words like condensation

Hey! A few of those bottles were probably mine!

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Chamale posted:

I got water poisoning in an all-day sports tournament where I had no subs. I hadn't brought food because I assumed the venue would have food but it didn't. So I drank 15 litres of water to keep myself going. At the end of the day I felt really dehydrated and wanted to drink more water, then I remembered reading that hyponatremia feels like dehydration, so I got someone to drive me to a Quizno's. I ate a ham and pickle sandwich with extra salt poured on it, and it tasted sweet because I needed salt so badly.

seems weird to expect that a sports tournament would provide you with submarine sandwiches, but also seems weird that you specifically require them to live

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A poor girl in my sister flight at Lackland pissed herself cuz they insisted on us chugging several gallons of water a day, and they wouldn't let her break formation to piss while we were standing around outside the clinic waiting for our turn to wait to get shots. There was a portashitter not 30 feet away, lol. TBF it was so hot there that you really did need that much water, but jesus let the chica piss lol.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

HashtagGirlboss posted:

lmfaoo

thats capitalism!!

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Leopold II’s legacy is a nation of amputees; Bush II’s legacy is a nation of pissjugs

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

The humvee doesn't have some sort of piss chute? Having to stop to take a leak (or roll down the window to toss bottles out) doesn't seem very tactical :colbert:

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

-true- operators wear adult diapers

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

drat actually that’s the next logical step for the Dude Wipes demographic. BRB gonna call the shark tank guys

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I just brainstormed some ideas to improve our military effectiveness with my wife:

1) A tube in tanks that lets you just send your pee trickling out the bottom of the tank so you don't have to open the hatch in the middle of your big tank fight
2) Make the stock of all the rifles hollow so you can pee into it like those weird-rear end fake golf club things
3) Make things that look like AK-47 magazines but are just bottles to pee into, then throw those out, and when the taliban or whoever pick them up and put them in their gun to try to use them they just get pee everywhere. This one would be a pretty good psyop imo.

General Dynamics, you can mail the check to my house, ty.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Chamale posted:

Rugby? Because almost the same drat story, but a Whataburger for me.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

can't believe these aren't built in to us humvees https://www.roadreliefsystem.com/

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Bouillon Rube posted:

drat actually that’s the next logical step for the Dude Wipes demographic. BRB gonna call the shark tank guys

"Are you a professional badass too busy protecting liberty and freedom to give into weakness and cop a squat like some limp-wristed liberal traitor? Do you want to go the extra mile to show your devotion to the cause? Then you need DO-OR-DIAPERS, the only kevlar-coated lead-lined disposable adult diapers certified by the Peacekeeping Operators Of Patriotism to be tested in the heat of battle and forged in the flames of justice. Order now and receive a container of our patented gunpowder-infused talcum-based lightly scented Moisture Eater packets to help keep your low-hanging boys drier than Ben Shapiro's doctor-wife's p-word."

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

boar guy posted:

can't believe these aren't built in to us humvees https://www.roadreliefsystem.com/

Nonsense. Gatorade solved this problem decades ago.

Besides, most people just wait to piss when the convoy comes to one of many halts for any variety of reason.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BEHOLD! my posting station. I love 2 post

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Sorry that all I do is post these but housing/money laundering in Vancouver has shaped my whole life and this one is the best yet

https://twitter.com/mortimer_1/status/1358550859697844224?s=19

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Sorry that all I do is post these but housing/money laundering in Vancouver has shaped my whole life and this one is the best yet

https://twitter.com/mortimer_1/status/1358550859697844224?s=19

I'm the incredibly on-point graffiti

e: Lmao "no access to interior", I guess that's why they couldn't figure out if it had a bathroom or not

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

if you're buying a worthless property for a lot of money how's that laundering? unless the seller and the buyer are in it together, so the seller finds a cheap property, buys it, and then sells it to the buyer for a bunch of cash?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

even money launderers get greedy and think they can turn that 2 milllion into 4 million with a complete renovation

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Doctor Jeep posted:

if you're buying a worthless property for a lot of money how's that laundering? unless the seller and the buyer are in it together, so the seller finds a cheap property, buys it, and then sells it to the buyer for a bunch of cash?

That's exactly it, but on the scale of a whole market. See also: fine art auction

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Doctor Jeep posted:

It's that plus the cash to buy the place comes from international ill gotten gains. Every money launderer in the world basically agreed to collude on Vancouver real estate. There's zero reason for it to be more expensive than Manhattan and San Francisco.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

https://www.theverge.com/22262230/online-college-class-covid-professor-dead

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
If I was a college administrator I’d hire a professor, have him teach for one semester, then fire him and post the recorded lectures to squeeze another 5 years of free classes out of it, or as long as reasonably possible until the Material is out of date. (I guess that depends on the nature of the class)

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

that's the plot of Moon, but white collar

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I love the kind of dullards who think this is how one does business. The dudes who would be small business tyrants except no bank would ever be dumb enough to give them a loan and no relative would trust them to run the business after they died.

https://twitter.com/AITA_reddit/status/1359131442672975878

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

The Nastier Nate posted:

If I was a college administrator I’d hire a professor, have him teach for one semester, then fire him and post the recorded lectures to squeeze another 5 years of free classes out of it, or as long as reasonably possible until the Material is out of date. (I guess that depends on the nature of the class)

they do, in fact, try this regularly. unions usually try to push back against this and it's why professors are really loving weird about their recordings and such. adjuncts are underrepresented and underinformed though, and are ripe to be exploited! woo!