Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
After seeing that I was only 20 seconds off 3 staring 12-3 in my first run of the current abyss I decided to give it another try today and it finally happened:

Top chamber: ganyu mona xiangling bennet(did almost nothing)
Bottom chamber: ning fish albedo jean(was also a spectator)

Today's buffs were garbage but it didn't matter.

The bottom team ran over the everything and could reliably kill its side of 12-3 in 1:00-1:10 so my top team had almost two minutes to work with. Ganyu + mona could deal with the shield churls in about 30-35 seconds so I just needed the rng blessing with the cicin mage fight and it happened in 6 tries with 12 seconds to spare overall.

Guess I'm done upgrading my mains and its time to give some love to other chars. Keya carry is coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Saxophone posted:

It could just be that I have a level 80 starglitter on him while I'm waiting for Deathwatch, but I run C2 sucrose, pop her E twice in a row on mobs, switch back to Xiao, collect the orbs and E twice on him and he's ready to Q again.

Running Starglitter will definitely help with ult uptime, but ultimately you're losing out on 36% crit doing that so you'll switch to Deathmatch anyway. I'm running Xiao/Bennet/Sucrose/<optional_for_shieldbreak> and ult downtime is pretty minimal in testing. The weakness is now my Sucrose isn't giving my Diluc team the VV buff or a huge EM boost because she's stuck being a battery for Xiao. Also since I have to run Sucrose I also can't add in an extra turret monkey.

I have no idea what Jean's energy gen is like, but it's possible consolidating her into the healer role would kill two birds. Maybe in another three months we'll see a Jean banner. :v:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I dont know if Xinyan is going to be on that "free liyue character" event thats going to happen next week so many stop spending resources on this banner if thats all you want from it still.

And she's pretty mediocre, most people that do have her, even at high constellations, dont use her that much. Its really hard to live in the world of support fire units when benny is sucking all the air.

Late but Xinyan is definitely in the selection for the free Liyue character. Also I use her as a support over Benny because I need her particular combo of pyro + claymore + support and she's pretty decent at the role. Also great animations on her Q.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Mailer posted:

Running Starglitter will definitely help with ult uptime, but ultimately you're losing out on 36% crit doing that so you'll switch to Deathmatch anyway. I'm running Xiao/Bennet/Sucrose/<optional_for_shieldbreak> and ult downtime is pretty minimal in testing. The weakness is now my Sucrose isn't giving my Diluc team the VV buff or a huge EM boost because she's stuck being a battery for Xiao. Also since I have to run Sucrose I also can't add in an extra turret monkey.

I have no idea what Jean's energy gen is like, but it's possible consolidating her into the healer role would kill two birds. Maybe in another three months we'll see a Jean banner. :v:

Yeah I'd love a Jean, or hell a Venti. Sucrose does perfectly fine and it's nice to group things up just to dive bomb them. Part of me wishes Benny weren't so insanely good because it's be fun to have a different support/healer in that spot. If I had a Jean I'd probably do that though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sacfrag Sucrose is definitely the best battery Xiao can get, the downside being she's basically just there to be battery when you might be able to make Jean or Venti work. Jean covering your healer slot and Venti being able to charge your supports with his A4.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Which map is the best one to use for resources? I need to track a bunch of stuff down

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

Which map is the best one to use for resources? I need to track a bunch of stuff down

I've honestly had better luck with youtube videos of googling "XYZ route" and then just memorizing the paths they take. A few map markers and you'll have the runs down pat.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

https://genshin-impact-map.appsample.com/#/

This one has pretty much every resource/enemy you'd want.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The new geovishap boss they added this patch has 100% more HP than Andrius. The rumor is that one side of the new 12-3 will have a level 100 primo geovishap (1.3 million HP). Sounds challenging to 3 star!

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

No Wave posted:

The new geovishap boss they added this patch has 100% more HP than Andrius

i haven't fought it yet but i hope it does less damage than the wolf because WL7 Andrius beat my rear end the only time i fought him. Everyone was getting two-shot and Bennett was worthless and I couldn't get out of the food menu long enough to deal damage. Hilariously unfun, but not as bad as attempting level 90 Stormterror and forgetting I moved two artifacts off my carry. Stormterror might be worse than Oceanid in terms of design.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It's not immune to both wind and ice though, which helps a lot.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

No Wave posted:

The new geovishap boss they added this patch has 100% more HP than Andrius. The rumor is that one side of the new 12-3 will have a level 100 primo geovishap (1.3 million HP). Sounds challenging to 3 star!
it loses 5% or 10% of its health each time you have a shield when it does its big attack and it does it anywhere between 3-5 times per fight depending on how long it takes for you to kill it

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

it loses 5% or 10% of its health each time you have a shield when it does its big attack and it does it anywhere between 3-5 times per fight depending on how long it takes for you to kill it

not only that, if you use a geo shield or a shield matching the element it's infused with when you fight it, the amount of HP it loses is significantly more. Zhongli or Noelle make the fight a lot easier to deal with, to the point my boyfriend and I literally sat down and farmed the mats we'd need from it to take Xiao to lv80 in like an hour or so

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tsyni posted:

https://genshin-impact-map.appsample.com/#/

This one has pretty much every resource/enemy you'd want.

Thanks. I had seen this one before but it gets a little wonky on the PC for whatever reason. It feels like it was built for mobile users.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Clarste posted:

It's not immune to both wind and ice though, which helps a lot.

Guess who took his shiny, new Xiao to go kill the boss this morning and learned that, haha.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I beat the Primo Geovishap by cheesing it. If you're far away from it, it will only do that burrowing move. When it does that, walk towards it. When it gets close enough to submerge before attacking, dash twice INTO it. You'll completely come out the other side and it'll miss you with it's ground pound attack. Now fire charged shots with an archer of your choice while walking backwards. It'll do it's close/medium attack set and miss you 100% of the time. When you're far away enough, it'll burrow into the ground and you can repeat.

Takes forever unless you have a souped up archer, but it literally can't hurt you.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I feel like killing it quickly is more of a concern than dying to it though, since you're expecting to be farming it repeatedly for materials.

That said, I used a similar strategy with Ganyu except she's actually strong, and I didn't feel the need to do anything special to dodge his attacks.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Clarste posted:

I feel like killing it quickly is more of a concern than dying to it though, since you're expecting to be farming it repeatedly for materials.

That said, I used a similar strategy with Ganyu except she's actually strong, and I didn't feel the need to do anything special to dodge his attacks.

cocogoat :toot:

am I wrong in thinking that I can skip this boss if I'm not planning on rolling for Xiao? I suppose Hu Tao could also use juvenile jade for ascension. I'm holding out for Venti though, and the Primo Geovishap giving out random gemstone colors seems like a bad use of resin if I don't need its unique drop

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Speaking of ganyu, is anyone interested in an endgame ganyu

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

zgrowler2 posted:

cocogoat :toot:

am I wrong in thinking that I can skip this boss if I'm not planning on rolling for Xiao? I suppose Hu Tao could also use juvenile jade for ascension. I'm holding out for Venti though, and the Primo Geovishap giving out random gemstone colors seems like a bad use of resin if I don't need its unique drop

I think it is extremely likely that at least the next half-dozen new characters will use these drops, just like how they everyone since 1.2 uses Childe's boss drops for their talents. Whenever a new material is introduced, they're kind of forced to introduce a bunch of characters who use it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've got very greatsword user but Beidou, am I crazy or does Noelle have the fastest auto-combo speed out of everyone?

Tae posted:

Speaking of ganyu, is anyone interested in an endgame ganyu

If you're offering to give one away, sure I'd take one.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

I've got very greatsword user but Beidou, am I crazy or does Noelle have the fastest auto-combo speed out of everyone?

I noticed that too. I got Diluc and when I tried using him it was like "wtf why are his attacks so slow?" Then I started using Chongyun as a rockbreaker who gives Ganyu Cryo resonance, and his attacks also seem annoyingly slow too. Noelle's the only one I've used that actually feels smooth to play.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Razor is also fast as noelle.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

In the past two days I’ve pulled Xiao and the Jade Spear.

I have him at 70 with 6/6/6 for talents. The spear is 80. I got super lucky leveling up anemo goblet and an amazing VV flower. Gotta finish getting him to 80 then focus on getting a good VV sands. With ult I crit for 17k. 26k on a weak to elemental ruin guard.

I love this character

E: I’m also exhausted from farming for like 6 hours today and down to 4 fragile resin. BUT after serving me since day one, Fischl has been retired as my main over world DPS. Her and Xiao share the gladiator feather. I wish there was a reasonable way to farm that set.

Arrgytehpirate fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 9, 2021

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
That’s a nice goblet

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I beat the Primo Geovishap the same way I kill everything these days: Albedo flower, Diona shield, c6 Fischl bird (superconduct), Zhongli shield and making a cloud of numbers pop out of it with a Lv90 Crescent Pike. When every attack hits 3 or 4 times, things melt real quick. Plus the relative safety of Zhongli's shield.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Zhong Li's shield is designed to counter the boss's mechanic. It reflects his elemental attacks back at him regardless of what element he is and takes off about 10% of his hp.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

purple creature seemed like kind of a weird request but if anybody wants a shortcut, above Taishan Mansion you can trigger spawn of 6 electro slimes and then Guyun domain has a similar slime situation nearby (+3) plus one electro Hilichurl sniper (+1 for 10 total).

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

No Wave posted:

Zhong Li's shield is designed to counter the boss's mechanic. It reflects his elemental attacks back at him regardless of what element he is and takes off about 10% of his hp.

Zhongli has never left my party since I got him so I didn't understand the fuss

Totally different fight without a geo shield. More fun, honestly

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dogsicle posted:

purple creature seemed like kind of a weird request but if anybody wants a shortcut, above Taishan Mansion you can trigger spawn of 6 electro slimes and then Guyun domain has a similar slime situation nearby (+3) plus one electro Hilichurl sniper (+1 for 10 total).

Any Electro Cicin mage should get you at least four pieces. Not sure if killing Cicins and respawning lets you take more shots, though.

EDIT: Tried it and all her Cicins count as a single entity, boo. Also respawning them doesn't help.

Sanya Juutilainen fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 9, 2021

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
If anyone is still working on the photo event, there are plenty of us in the Discord who have finished and have extras we'd be happy to send. You get some BP points for sending or receiving one, too, if you haven't done that yet.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
There's a discord? Whats the link please?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

https://discord.gg/Dxbk6ZTB2X

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Aw, everyone has special birthday voice clips :kimchi:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is why Diona is legit and fuckin awesome.

She’s probably never gonna leave my team and I’ll level her to 90

https://youtu.be/ikwbHq78WQs

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

This is why Diona is legit and fuckin awesome.

She’s probably never gonna leave my team and I’ll level her to 90

https://youtu.be/ikwbHq78WQs

That's a pretty cool demo of her. Especially for new players who only have her. The sad thing is, once you get a character/combo that shreds, most of these advantages don't mean very much.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ninjoatse.cx posted:

That's a pretty cool demo of her. Especially for new players who only have her. The sad thing is, once you get a character/combo that shreds, most of these advantages don't mean very much.

Well she’s always a good choice for a 4th imo.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The problem with farming artifacts and ores is that it's less fun every time you do it to the point where you just start playing something else.

Talent and ascension materials give you goals to work towards where you can usually accomplish something in a day. There are good grinds to be had in GI, but slapping rocks and running daily routes are not them.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Artifact leveling is possibly the dumbest design choice in this game full of some pretty dumb design choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Heran Bago posted:

The problem with farming artifacts and ores is that it's less fun every time you do it to the point where you just start playing something else.

Talent and ascension materials give you goals to work towards where you can usually accomplish something in a day. There are good grinds to be had in GI, but slapping rocks and running daily routes are not them.

Yeah, the artifact grind is meh. Not the routes, but just using Resin for them. It's RNG, is almost always bad, and you can quite literally knock out a whole days resin in 10-15 minutes and then have little else to do but log out.

I dunno, I don't mind that characters and weapons are on the gacha, but to put artifacts in that same boat feels meh.

Give us the option to craft boss McGuffins into 5* artifacts or make a way to craft them that involves farming.

What if I could turn 10 windwheel asters and 10 dandelion seeds into a random 5* VV piece. Or maybe some nob mats into gladiator, giving both a better source of glad pieces and more uses. Cor lapis and jade into a Petra artifact.

I dunno, just something that gets you out into the world for a purpose I guess, that also is a source of artifacts, as the grind is disheartening.